PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help With Alchemy

wayfare
2010-11-21, 03:29 PM
Hey all:

I'm looking for some resources for expanding the use of the Craft: Alchemy skill. Basically, I'm looking to make the skill a bit more powerful. Any ideas as to new designs I could implement with the skill?

Golden-Esque
2010-11-21, 03:37 PM
Hey all:

I'm looking for some resources for expanding the use of the Craft: Alchemy skill. Basically, I'm looking to make the skill a bit more powerful. Any ideas as to new designs I could implement with the skill?

If you care to look for it, Djinn in Tonic started an excellent Alchemy project in the homebrew section. Pathfinder also has an Alchemist class that it backwards compatible with 3.5 edition; you might want to either lift the class for your own use, or try to make its class features available to everyone, but dependent on the Craft (Alchemy) skill a little more then it already is.

Dr.Epic
2010-11-21, 03:55 PM
Allow me to make the first FMA reference on this thread:

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange.

Echoes
2010-11-21, 05:08 PM
Honestly, I find that if you're willing to dig through all the supplements, alchemical items are already incredibly powerful. Many of them mimic a good variety of damage and utility spells, even some of relatively high level, and if your DM rules that handheld thrown items can be chucked via sling then you've got a large number of options available at a considerable distance.

My main suggestion to you would be to look for ways to quicken or cheapen the crafting processes itself. If you are still using the standard crafting system, the feats Exceptional Artisan and Extraordinary Artisan reduce time and price, respectively. If you have access to it, the Fabricate spell/power can instantly generate a great deal of items.

And one last thing: shapesand :smalleek: