PDA

View Full Version : The "Liza Jane" II (docked)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Kyrian
2006-12-22, 09:04 PM
Bolt curls up close, to make sure that Gwen will be warm and comfy all night.

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2006-12-22, 09:26 PM
As evening falls, land is at last sighted and the Liza Jane sweeps into the Town harbor with the grace of a dancer, albeit a heavily-armed one. Her anchor is dropped in deep water and her captain and Alarra are swiftly rowed ashore.

Ceika
2006-12-22, 09:54 PM
Ceika watches as El Jaspero and Alarra head to shore, and she looks with pleasure upon the town before she leaps from her perch and swims toward the shore.

Tantolian
2006-12-22, 11:28 PM
Jesthik maintains his post aboard the Liza. He watches Captain El Jaspero and Alarra be rowed to shore. From the riggings, he watches Ceika jump overboard and swim for shore.

Jesthik climbs up to the crows nest to watch all incoming ships, as well to better watch the Town. He quietly wishes he had gone in with Ceika, but as he was appointed as second mate of the Liza, he maintains his watchful eye, and reports any changes to Janae that he observes.

Kyrian
2006-12-23, 10:22 AM
Bolt wakes up and looks around.

wxdruid
2006-12-23, 10:28 AM
Gwen, the tabby cat, wakes up {cat} You ready to go to shore?

Kyrian
2006-12-23, 10:29 AM
Yes, I am. Bolt licks Gwen's cheek.

wxdruid
2006-12-23, 10:31 AM
Gwen purrs and goes back to her elven form, she casts a spell and lifts Bolt. Both of them fly to the docks.

2006-12-23, 10:35 AM
Janae strides on deck and casts an eye up to Jesthik. You planning to stay up there all day or shall we set to bringing her in?

She gives a few quick orders and soon the business of bringing Liza in to the docks is underway.

Tantolian
2006-12-23, 10:47 AM
As ye ord'r. Rigg'rs get chya han's to mov'n. Jesthik begins shouting orders to the riggers to get them moving to bring the Liza to shore.

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 12:14 PM
Fallon sneaks aboard, avoiding most of the hands. She moves slowly toward the captain's cabin.

Graklok
2006-12-23, 12:41 PM
Graklok notices Fallon, but since he has no reason to think otherwise, to him she's just a member of the crew he hasn't met yet.

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 12:44 PM
Fallon sees the large crewmember as well and ducks behind a barrel. She sighs. This is insane...there's got to be at least fifty pirates here...and only one of me... But if the pirate captain is killed then the pirates will dispurse...

Graklok
2006-12-23, 12:58 PM
Graklok hums while he swabs the deck. Yo hum yo hum a pirates wife fo Grakloooock.

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 01:01 PM
Fallon makes a face as she reaches for the door to the captain's quarters, trying to drown out the singing with thoughts of victory instead.

Graklok
2006-12-23, 01:06 PM
((You'll probably find the door locked.))

Graklok sing alongs, dragging his wash bucket behind him.

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 01:08 PM
Fallon frowns at the locked door. She then grins slyly as she stands straight and knocks.

Graklok
2006-12-23, 01:12 PM
Graklok looks over, then leans on his mop. Cappin not der. he says.

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 01:19 PM
Fallon turns to face Graklok, scowling. Oh really? Do you know when he'll be back?

Graklok
2006-12-23, 01:27 PM
Nope. Graklok just know dey lef'. Graklok see 'em leave ship befo we get to dock. Dey probabwy go to...then noticing and taken a bit back by the scowl, Graklok the looks suspiciously at Falon and asks ..say, why you wan cappin?

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 01:29 PM
She lifts her chin in defiance. I don't see why that's any of your business.

Graklok
2006-12-23, 01:32 PM
Graklok just stands there looming. 'Haps not, but Graklok get bad feewin jus now, so Graklok watch while you wait.

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 01:35 PM
Fallon's shakujyou appears in her hand and she frowns at the ogre. If I were you, I'd back off. I don't like people watching me...

Graklok
2006-12-23, 01:42 PM
Graklok of crew here, so Graklok warn you. Las guy Graklok figh' didn' live. Graklok don wanna kill gain. he responds, noticing the shakujyou appear and taking his club out from over his shoulder. A few of the other pirates on ship begin to take notice. One of the older ones in the crows nest says Let em be boys, see how he handles this...

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 01:44 PM
Fallon looks around at the crew and scowls darkly at Graklok. You damned oaf...you've given me away... She brings her shakujyou up defensively, watching the whole crew carefully.

Graklok
2006-12-23, 01:49 PM
Graklok just continues to glare at her.

2006-12-23, 01:49 PM
There is a not-so-subtle clanking of armor as Adania strides over to stand a few paces behind Graklok, hand on the scimitar at her hip. Should things turn ugly she's equally ready to heal or kick ass. The rest of the ship's hands pause in their labors to see what's afoot, and Janae casts an eye down from the quarterdeck as she calmly unshoulders her lightning rifle.

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 01:50 PM
Fallon edges her way toward the edge of the ship, watching the crew carefully.

2006-12-23, 01:54 PM
The hands step aside, letting Falon go while keeping a cautious eye on her. Janae nods her head to the railing. We don't much take to boarders here on the Liza. Best scurry along, lass.

Graklok
2006-12-23, 01:55 PM
Graklok continues to stand there, you can hear the huffs coming from his nostrils as he breathes.

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 01:56 PM
She scowls darkly as she leaps up onto the railing, not taking her eyes off of the ones closest to her. I'll be back...

(Y'know...that wouldn't remind me of the Terminator so much if she wasn't from the future...)

Graklok
2006-12-23, 02:00 PM
((Great line! Oh, love the newest TC btw.))

Graklok puts his club back over his shoulder. He stares after Falon for a bit, but then gets back to work.

2006-12-23, 02:03 PM
Show's over, back to work. Janae gives Graklok a nod of acknowledgment and gets the work of unloading the ship back underway.

Tantolian
2006-12-23, 03:22 PM
From in the riggings, Jesthik watches the stranger leave the ship. Having watched the person intently, most details of this stranger are locked into his mind. He continues to watch as the individual leaves the dock area.

Jesthik drops down to the deck and approaches Janae. Ye s'pose she was look'n fer Capt'n, er his lady? Either way, I's got's a bad feelin bout 'er. Chould we's be let'n Capt'n know?

2006-12-23, 03:37 PM
Janae gives a quick nod. He wasn't aboard, so it's probably a good bet he's unaware. I'll note it in the log, but yes. We should let him know. She eyes the dock. Hard to say what the girl wanted. Bounty hunter? Revenge? Overprincipled? She chuckles to herself. It does keep one on her toes, this pirate's life.

She smiles briskly, then heads off to the cabin to note the intruder in the log.

Tantolian
2006-12-23, 04:07 PM
Jesthik makes his way back into the riggings for a better view of the docks, the bay, the Town, and the Horizon. He also sets several riggers to work to make sure that more strangers don't wonder onto the ship unnoticed. Jesthik also assigns several deck hands to checking the ship over to make sure no stow-aways find their way into hiding aboard the Liza.

Jesthik nods down to Gaelon, Good ta hav ye back aboard. I s'pect tha' ye'll be takin yer spo' back, eh? He asks, somewhat hopefull, just not sure which response he is hopefull for.

2006-12-23, 05:38 PM
The halfling sets down a heavy sack and his face breaks into a grin. Was he that hard on you, Jesthik? I'm halfway tempted to refuse my old post, just to keep you enslaved to the cruel, hard master we serve. Gaelon gives a hearty laugh and is joined by several of the hands around him. But no, lad, I'll be taking my place soon and you'll be a free man again, you lucky sod...though I hear you may not be free for long. He gives Jesthik a wink and throws the sack back over his shoulder, whistling cheerily as he stumps down the gangplank.

Tantolian
2006-12-23, 09:59 PM
Hard? Ye don' kno hard. An de onlay re's'n I's ask'n, was caus it wer yer spo' ta star' wit. As fer dese half wits, dey don' even rememb'r how ta man de sails an lines proper. Jesthik responds back.

An' til Capt'n or Janae d'side ta releave meh o' dis post, I's still sec'nd mate, suh get yer stuff b'low, an' get ta work mov'n crates. He orders.

Jesthik then briefly glances toward Janae to see if she thinks he has stepped out of line with these orders.

2006-12-24, 10:33 AM
Janae raises an eyebrow at Jesthik.

And here all along you had us thinking that you didn't want to be an officer. She gives a wry grin, then turns back to double-checking the inventory of cargo pouring out of the Liza's holds.

wxdruid
2006-12-25, 12:33 AM
Snow softly falls overnight, covering everything with a soft white blanket. All sounds are muted as the world turns into a white winter wonderland. The Liza Jane is an undisturbed wilderness of shapes underneath the white blanket waiting to be discovered.

2006-12-25, 10:24 PM
By evening, nearly all of the Liza Jane's decks and rigging are cleared of snow. This is, of course, not through any industry of the hands but rather a massive hours-long snowball fight between the port and starboard watches. Darkness finally falls and the red-faced, soggy sailors retire below to dry out and warm up.

Ceika
2006-12-25, 11:45 PM
*Ceika trots up to the docks and heads for El Jaspero's ship. She nods at those on deck and heads up the gangplank, the white fox cautiously stepping up the wooden surface, uncertain of the footing, but trusting of the sailor he followed. She asks about El Jaspero, and, finding that he's not on board, she heads below deck to actually get some rest, as the beds in the tavern just don't move right. The fox curls up in the hamock next to her, still unsteady with the gentle rocking of ship.*

Tantolian
2006-12-26, 10:25 AM
The morning finds Jesthik and a few other crew working to make sure that the ship is clear of snow, ice, and anything that might cause one to slip. The lines are tended, sails checked for sea worthiness, masts and beams checked for any problems that may have occurred. The crew work hard to make sure that the ship is in top condition, should Captain El Jaspero come back aboard any time soon.

Ma' sure thar's no ice on 'er side's, men! Tha t'wouldn' be good. An' while yer down ther, check fer barnacles an' th' li'! While Jesthik isn't yelling, his voice can easily be heard across the whole of the ship.

Ceika
2006-12-26, 10:29 AM
*Ceika sits on the jibboom. the little white fox curled up in her lap for warmth. It's obvious by the look on her face and the dark circles beneath her eyes that something is weighing heavily on her mind, but any attempt to get her to speak of it is fruitless. Her gaze lingers on the injured 74 gunner in harbor alongside of them... the ship who used to be called the Golden Scythe.*

2006-12-26, 05:56 PM
From her vantage point, Ceika can easily see Gaelon and Chips directing the repair crews aboard the Golden Scythe. Given that the Liza is still fully-populated it's a mystery where they came from until one makes his way on deck, shrugging into a blue wool coat. These are volunteers...Navy deserters who have chosen to follow the Pirate King instead of the Order. Why is not entirely clear, but they are working eagerly enough to get the battleship back into service.

Ceika
2006-12-26, 10:15 PM
*Ceika seems to scowl as she watches the former naval boys work. She sits in silence for most of the day, then, out of nowhere, she scoops up the fox and swings off of the jibboom, dropping onto the deck but landing lightly. The fox cowers in her arms until they're safely back on the shore, but seems to calm down a bit after that. It jumps and plays, circling Ceika and nipping at her heels. She plays with him a bit as she heads into town.*

Tantolian
2006-12-27, 12:15 AM
Jesthik takes a group of sailors over to the Golden Scythe to help in the rebuilding, and fixing of the ship. Jesthik walks up to Gaelon, and tries to look him in the eye. If'n ye don' mind, I's brought sum mo' sailers ova' ta help speed up the process o' gettin this 'ere tub sailin right. Ther' ain' anythin' lef' on th' otha ship fer us ta do, and th' boys don' do well when they ain' got they's hands a busy wit sumthin.

Ceika
2006-12-27, 12:34 AM
*Ceika heads back to the Liza, scooping the fox into her arms so that he didn't have to walk on the icy docks. She scans the ship for Jesthik, but doesn't see him. Spotting him in on their neighboring ship, Ceika whistles to catch his attention.*

Tantolian
2006-12-27, 12:39 AM
Hearing the familiar whistle, Jesthik looks around a bit to find its source. From his location, he can easily see Captain Ceika. He turns squarely and salutes her in a difinite non-order fashion, then holds it til it has been returned.

Ceika
2006-12-27, 12:41 AM
*With a knowing grin, she returns the salute, then beckons him over, offering him the paper that El J had given her.*

((It's orders releasing him from his temporary position on the Liza Jane.))

Tantolian
2006-12-27, 12:48 AM
Jesthik gives some quick orders to the sailors, then drops from the riggings, swings by a rope across to the Liza Jane where he drops lightly on the deck not far from Ceika. Capt'n, ye have someth'n fer me? We's gettin closer ta finishin up th' Scythe, jus' got sum lines, an' a mast lef' ta fix. He pauses to see if she is even interested in his report making sure to keep eye contact.

He looks down, seeing the papers offered. Taking them carefully, he opens them and quickly reads his release papers.

Ceika
2006-12-27, 12:54 AM
*Ceika keeps her eyes trained on his, nodding at his report.* Good to hear. She'll be fit to sail here soon, sounds like. I'm impressed. As usual. I've spoken with El Jaspero about her, and I'll be taking the helm as soon as she's seaworthy. Looks like I've got my own ship again. I've still got an opening for a first mate, if you're interested.

Tantolian
2006-12-27, 12:57 AM
If'n ye'll have me as such Capt'n, I'd be honored ta serve. An I's be bett'r'n b'fo. Jesthik replies. We's gots a crew yet, er we gotts'ta get one ourselves? He asks.

Ceika
2006-12-27, 01:02 AM
*Ceika smiles at his response* Well, we'll need a new crew, and I guess we best be sendin out the word... seeing if any of our old friends are still around. 'Cause one thing's certain. We're not Order anymore. *She pauses and her gaze drifts to the ship that is now hers.* She may have been a Navy tub, but we'll forgive her that. Tomorrow, we'll start the search for new hands. Now, though, why don't you get some rest? I know I will. *She heads below, with the fox still curled in her arms.*

Tantolian
2006-12-27, 01:11 AM
Jesthik nods, and watches her head below. Once she is out of sight, he turns and heads back to the Golden Scythe. This 'er tub 'as gotta be in better shape soon, laddies. An any'on want'n ta sail unda Capt'n Ceiblayde had bes' be let'n me know soon, cause we's crew'n er up tomorah. He then heads into the riggings to work more on getting the rigging lines straight.

Jesthik works late into the night getting the remaining mast replaced. He allows the men to take turns resting when needed, but doesn't seem to even slow down until it is too dark to see what is being done anymore.

2006-12-27, 07:15 AM
Sadly, none of the Lizas are interested in taking up Jesthik's offer; the prize money due them and the Pirate King's reputation are strong lures indeed. They have, however, been ordered to remain on the Scythe's repair crews as long as Captain Ceiblayde has need of them.

The remnants of Golden Scythe's crew, however, are another story. A few of the volunteers have drifted away by now, but a good seventy or so hands step forward to sign on with the new captain. It's not nearly enough sailors to crew a '74...but it's a start.

Graklok
2006-12-27, 09:40 AM
Graklok helps out with the repairs as needed. He takes some time and heads into town for awhile, but returns a short bit after that. He tells everyone he comes across.

Graklok Fwee! Graklok foun' not guildy.

usually before giving them a bear hug. Some of the crew congratulate him, while others wonder what the heck is he talking about. He stops on the docs, looking at the two ships, pondering this crossroad in his life. Does he stay aboard the Liza Jane, his refuge for being out on the run from the law, or does he go to the Golden Scythe, and with the lady who gave him a chance when others would have shot first and asked questions later? He stares at the gangplanks for both ships for a considerable time.

Tantolian
2006-12-27, 09:14 PM
With all of the masts fully repaired, or replaced, Jesthik works with the riggers to finish up getting all of the rat lines and riggings run correctly. Though not all of the lines are ran the same as they were before, they are ran in a way to allow a rigger to get things done quicker and more effectively. The new routes for the lines will likely gain the ship some speed even with the slightest breeze.

Jesthik has been yelling orders all day to finish the ship up as quickly as possible. With all the repairs done, it is almost hard to tell the ship was ever damaged. Only a few smaller repairs are left to be done.

Edit: The morning finds the Golden Scythe's masts, and lines completely redone. No structural damage is seen, though Jesthik still seems to be going through the ship checking for damage.

Ceika
2006-12-28, 09:22 AM
*Ceika steps onto the deck of the Liza, and looks over the progress on the Scythe with a smile and an approving nod. With the little fox in tow, she heads across to inspect it herself. After a thorough walkthrough, she has only two alterations to suggest. Even the little fox looks pleased with the ship.*

Black. Stain the wood black. Every splinter of it. And cut down that figurehead. I'll arrange for a new one.

*Then she heads toward the captain's cabin to settle in.*

2006-12-28, 01:27 PM
There is only the briefest of knocks before Ceika's door bangs open, admitting eight or so black-daubed sailors with pots of paint and brushes.

Pardon, ma'am, but you'll have to vacate your cabin whilst we touch it. You did say ev'ry splinter. It is a moment before Ceika can recognize the speaker...none other than Aiden, and behind him are the rest of Willful Murder's crew. Samual and Aaron shuffle their feet nervously, having never been in so fine a cabin before, but Jill and Mag set to shooing the captain out.

Move along, now dear...we couldn't bring you old Willful himself so this'll have to do as our parting gift. Before she can so much as take a breath to protest Captain Ceiblayde finds herself staring at the outside of her own cabin door, it having just been shut in her face.

Tantolian
2006-12-28, 02:51 PM
With the figurehead pulled from its place and set on the middle of the main deck, Jesthik and several of the men stand ready to relieve the ship of it however the Captain decides to have it disposed of. The men are also prepared to put a new one into place.

The rest of the crew scurry over every inch of the ship making sure that every sliver of it is stained black as per the Captain's orders.

Ceika
2006-12-28, 03:43 PM
*For a few startled moments, Ceika just stares at the door. With a chuckle and a shrug, she heads toward top deck to check on the status of things. She looks the old figurehead over with disgust.*

Stow'er below. We'll use her for target practice when we're under sail.

Tantolian
2006-12-28, 10:11 PM
Aye Capt'n! Jesthik salutes, then turns to the men. Ye heard 'er, ge' tha' thing b'low deck, an' tied in fer later. As Jesthik is giving the order, the men have already started to move as Captain Ceiblayde has ordered.

Ceika
2006-12-29, 10:27 AM
*Ceika walks the railing on her new ship, now nameless, getting a feel for her movements. The fox trots beside her, on the deck of the ship, not quite trusting enough to join her on the rail. She seems satisfied with the paint job, as she can find no wood aboard any other color than black. Even the spare lumber in the hold has been dyed and dried before restacking. Tables, chairs, decks, shelves, all black as night. About mid morning, she takes her leave from the ship, heading down the beach, away from the town.*

Graklok
2006-12-30, 12:17 AM
Graklok quits his (3 days of) staring at the two ships. He decides it's time for a beer, spins on his heels, and heads back into town.

Thriss
2006-12-31, 05:30 PM
Thriss drops down from the rigging of the Liza Jane. He heads into town, deciding to take some shore leave at Trog's.

2007-01-01, 12:00 AM
At the stroke of midnight, the Liza Jane roars to life with a full-gun salute from both broadsides. As the echoes bound off the Town's walls and the smoke (colored brilliant yellow and red thanks to Xanilar) the sailors give a resounding Huzzah, huzzah, huzzay! before lowering the gangplanks and tapping the casks of rum. For a night at least, the Liza is open to all and the center of the dockside festivities, with Janae herself presiding.

Ceika
2007-01-01, 12:35 AM
*A ways down the beach, Ceika sits alone on the cold sand. With a faint smile, she watches the festivities of the Liza Jane, but for her, this is a time of quiet reflection. It's been an interesting year, from meeting a talking llama, to being confronted by her mentor over a misunderstanding. She recalls the meeting of friends and the facing of foes. A single tear slides down her cheek in reflection of what the Order has done, and the price she's paid for it. For all the good times she remembers over the pasy year, the sorrow seems somehow heavier, and her shoulders shake slightly as she suppresses the tears. Without realizing it, she starts singing, soflty, eerily, her voice carrying hauntinly through the crisp night.*

Should auld acquaintance be forgot, And never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot, And days of auld lang syne?
And days of auld lang syne, my dear,
And days of auld lang syne.
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And days of auld lang syne?

We twa hae run aboot the braes and pu'd the gowans fine.
We've wandered mony a weary foot, sin' auld lang syne.
Sin' auld lang syne, my dear,
Sin' auld lang syne,
We've wandered mony a weary foot,
Sin' auld ang syne.

We twa hae sported i' the burn, from morning sun till dine,
But seas between us braid hae roared sin' auld lang syne.
Sin' auld lang syne, my dear,
Sin' auld lang syne.
But seas between us braid hae roared
Sin' auld lang syne.

And ther's a hand, my trusty friend, and gie's a hand o' thine;
We'll tak' a cup o' kindness yet, for auld lang syne.
For auld lang syne, my dear,
For auld lang syne,
We'll tak' a cup o' kindness yet,
For auld lang syne.

Thriss
2007-01-01, 01:09 AM
Thriss jumps back onto the ship and grabs a tankard of rum before finding somewhere to sit. After the festivities are over and he's quite a bit more drunk than he was before he got back he passes out by the mainmast, after failing to climb the rigging. twice.

[hr]
Thriss later wakes up and decides to see if Elya is alright now. He jumps off the ship and heads into town.

2007-01-09, 07:34 PM
The Pirate King runs up the docks and leaps onto his frigate. He charges into his cabin, calling for his First Mate as he goes. Janae shrugs and follows, a curious smile on her face.

After a few moments they reappear.

I suppose you forgot to ask about our pay again.

"Well as a matter of fact I-...well bloody hell. I suppose that's not the point anyway. We're aiding a fellow mariner in need and all that business. No matter...rouse the hands and get 'er ready to sail tomorrow."

Aye-aye, rouse and sail for the morrow it is.

El J returns Janae's salute, then leaps back over the side and dashes back up into Town as she begins roaring orders, calling for officers to rouse the idlers in Town and hands to ready the ship for the morning.

Graklok
2007-01-09, 09:55 PM
Graklok comes running towards the docks. He sees the Liza Jane getting prepared, and decides that he wants to do some more sailing. So he gets back on board and begins helping with all the preparations.

2007-01-09, 11:00 PM
As the night rolls on, more sailors gather to Liza's call and by midnight she's unmoored and towed out to deep water, riding at single anchor.

2007-01-10, 06:41 AM
As morning's light breaks across the Town harbor, the last boat of stray Lizas barely reaches her side before captain's gig, carrying himself and Erdan, reaches her as well. They climb aboard to the shrill blast of Dovis' whistle and head into the cabin to begin making plans as the frigate's sails unfurl and she makes her way from the harbor out to sea.

Graklok
2007-01-10, 03:51 PM
Graklok stands on the deck, enjoying the sea salt as it sprays across his skin. He begins to curl up the anchor chains as he was instructed during his last exposition as sea. The pirates all seem to enjoy the company of Graklok and his eagerness to work regardless of how heavy the task is. They question him with sea trivia to hear the answers he comes up with, generally resulting in a good chuckle and many corrections about the facts. Graklok is most intrigued by the tales of the Syrens, whose angelic voices would enchant sailors to steer their ships into the reefs in search of the source of the heavenly song, resulting in many a ship stranded and lost at sea.

2007-01-10, 05:08 PM
The sailors are enjoying a good chuckle over Grakolk's miscues, but suddenly clap their mouths shut at the sound of a familiar voice behind them.

"You lads should listen to old Graklok here...he's right. Sirens are for real, I've met one. And while she might stick you in the ribs again for saying it, the tales of a siren's beauty and the charms of her voice...well, tales will always fall short of the truth." He smiles. "'course, she's no Alarra, but it's damn foolish man would call her anything but lovely."

He nods to Graklok, then walks back up to the quarterdeck to supervise his ship's gallant dash across the waters.

Admiral One
2007-01-10, 06:40 PM
Erdan walks onto the deck. He is strapping on a belt with ammo for his hand-crossbow. He is also still carying the 4 rapiers.

"Thanks again, El J. She's a fine ship, the Liza. I will of course pay you for this, and you can have the enemy's ship[s] if we capture it/them."

A falcon comes and lands on the mast.

2007-01-11, 12:10 AM
The Pirate King raises an eyebrow at Erdan's rather excessive amount of weaponry, but has the good manners not to actually say anything.

"Much obliged. But let's leave the settling of accounts until after the dust has settled, eh?"

He turns, having handed the ship over to Janae for the evening watch, and heads below to his cabin.

Admiral One
2007-01-11, 05:25 PM
Erdan nods.

"Of course."

He keeps an eye on the horizon, looking for his ship.

The falcon flies down and lands on a cannon.

2007-01-11, 07:18 PM
The Pirate King scans the horizon and smiles.

"Luckily, we won't have long to wait...I believe that's your ship under fire up ahead?"

He grins and summons his magister.

((Action will now move to Admiral One's Longship (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29666) until the dustup is over.))

2007-01-11, 09:15 PM
The battle over, El Jaspero orders his crew to swab the deck and take in the sails for the evening should Erdan need something in the night, then retires to his cabin.

2007-01-12, 08:39 AM
Satisfied that Erdan and Dark Viper will be safe, El Jaspero orders the Liza's boats to make one last sweep of the area for survivors from last night's battle, then gathers them in and sets his course for home.

Xerillum
2007-01-12, 04:41 PM
Kukra awakes in a pile of canvas. He looks around.

2007-01-12, 05:16 PM
A grinning yellow-haired human stands over Kukra, pointing a large flintlock pistol at his head and holding a jagged black sword in his other hand. Ahoy there, and welcome to the Liza Jane. Name's Lothren, second mate. If you'd be so kind as to drop any weapons you might have on you, it'll spare me the trouble of cleaning your brains off the deck.

Xerillum
2007-01-12, 05:20 PM
Kukra stands. I have no weapons.

2007-01-12, 05:33 PM
Lothren smiles pleasantly. I'm sure you don't. But it never hurts a feller to check. He waves over a halfling, who gives Kukra a thorough search for weapons.

The big human nods toward the cabin door. Now, if you'll be so good, I'm sure the Captain would like to have a word with you. He waves the pistol and waits for Kukra to head back to the cabin.

Xerillum
2007-01-12, 05:34 PM
Anything's better than a halfling style cavity search...

2007-01-12, 05:41 PM
I'll have to take your word for it. Lothren holds open the cabin door. The Pirate King looks up from his desk.

"Ah, the prisoner we fished out of the ocean. I trust you're well? Please, have a seat." He indicates a chair.

Xerillum
2007-01-12, 05:46 PM
Kukra sits warily.

2007-01-12, 05:53 PM
El Jaspero smiles. "Comfortable? Can I get you anything?" He picks up a small brass bell and rings it. "Now, while we wait for my steward perhaps you'd care to tell me who you are and what business you had attacking Erdan's vessel, obliging me to tear across the seas when my daughter is going to be born any day. I would most definitely hate to miss that, you know."

Xerillum
2007-01-12, 05:58 PM
I am not the captain, and I did not give the orders to attack. I am only a hired mercenary. An expensive one, but only a mercenary.

2007-01-12, 06:00 PM
El J nods; the door opens and a stooped, old human makes his way in. "Ah, Victor. Tea for me." Victor nods and turns to Kukra. And for you, sir?

Xerillum
2007-01-12, 06:03 PM
I am fine.

2007-01-12, 06:06 PM
Victor nods, then makes his way back out the door. The Pirate King folds his hands and eyes Kukra carefully. "So, a simple mercenary is all. Any idea whose orders those galleons were sailing under?"

Xerillum
2007-01-12, 06:07 PM
Yes. Expert #234354234557439.5.

2007-01-12, 06:13 PM
El J scoffs. "A meaningless name and a meaningless number. No idea why the order to attack Erdan was given?"

Xerillum
2007-01-12, 06:19 PM
I think he was drunk.

2007-01-12, 06:38 PM
Victor returns with the tea and places it on El J's desk, then departs again. The Pirate King's face darkens at Kukra's answer. "A damn poor reason for attacking a fellow's boat, killing half his crew. But it sounds like you had no part in the orders, and there's not a soul on this ship hasn't worked for money over principles at some point."

He pours himself tea and sips. "I'll not lock you in irons, but you are technically still a prisoner of this vessel. You have run of the boat, within reason, until we dock. But don't think just because I didn't toss you in the brig we're not keeping an eye on you. Keep out of trouble and we won't give you any. Do I make myself clear?"

Xerillum
2007-01-12, 09:54 PM
Yes sir. Intentionally lengthening it so I can post it!

2007-01-13, 01:12 AM
The Pirate King nods, then gives the door a significant look before returning to his paperwork.

Xerillum
2007-01-13, 09:12 AM
Kukra takes the hint, and leaves.

2007-01-13, 10:43 AM
El Jaspero appears on deck the following morning, eagerly scanning sea and sky for signs of land.

Admiral One
2007-01-13, 12:14 PM
A falcon drops a small scroll on the deck of the ship

Ship sailing fine, but progress slow. Will arrive soon. Thanks again.

Erdan Sar'Doc

The falcon flies off, carrying another scroll eastwards.

2007-01-13, 03:42 PM
Gaelon picks up the scroll and inspects it.

Admiral One
2007-01-13, 06:44 PM
((it's just a piece of paper that's rolled up, nothing special))

2007-01-13, 07:21 PM
Since the letter seems harmless, Gaelon delivers it to El Jaspero with a wink. Dropped out of the sky, I swear. The captain gives a knowing hmpf and reads the note.

((PM me or post the contents, either way's fine by me.))

Admiral One
2007-01-13, 07:42 PM
((oh, it's in the spoiler in the post where the letter drops))

2007-01-13, 07:59 PM
((Ah. Carry on, then!))

El Jaspero smiles at Erdan's note and glances up just as the call of Land ho! rolls down from the lookout high above. He rubs his hands eagerly and heads below to the cabin after issuing his orders to bring the frigate in.

--------------------

The ship glides to her berth and El Jaspero appears on deck again. "Janae, the boat's yours. Let the mercenary go if he wishes; he was just doing a job, nothing personal. Let the hands have their fun, I'll be back in the morning."

As his first mate turns to bark her orders at the crew the Pirate King strides to the rail and springs over, then quickly disappears into the Town's crowded streets.

2007-01-17, 01:55 PM
Dovis' whistle tears the air as the Pirate King heads up the gangplank followed shortly by Ala and Kint. He stops to greet his officers.

All's well and quiet, Cap'n.

"Excellent, Dovis. The kids and I will he having a day aboard. Please alert whatever crew's around."

Dovis grins, as his alert is clearly unnecessary. The few score hands still aboard quickly descend on the kids and are soon chasing them through the rigging, regaling them with tales of sea monsters, and instructing them in the finer points of preparing a fish for dinner, sometimes all at the same time. The Pirate King himself joins the fun, laughingly showing his charges the secret rune in his cabin that saved his life and helped him sieze the ship from her former owner.

Did you really get stabbed by a hobgoblin?

"More than once, and by more than just that one!" He unbuttons his coat and lifts his shirt to show the scar, as long as Ala's hand and as wide as her thumb.

I bet that hurt.

El Jaspero nods solemnly. "It hurt something fierce it did, and I didn't even have your Auntie around to fix me up." He gets quiet a moment, thinking. "At least..not entirely I didn't." His face breaks into a grin, and the kids dash off for a game of hide-and-seek on the gundeck.

Alarra
2007-01-17, 07:35 PM
As they near the ship, Alarra pauses on the docks to see if by chance El J is on the deck and noticed them, before she decides whether to actually come on deck or no.

Kyrian
2007-01-17, 07:37 PM
Kyrian stands by his mother, and gives her a hug to keep her warm.

2007-01-17, 07:43 PM
El Jaspero is wandering around the deck, but finally notices Alarra and Kyrian and waves to them. "Ahoy, you two! Come on up here and give me a hand."

Alarra
2007-01-17, 07:52 PM
Alarra sighs but heads up onto the deck.

Kyrian
2007-01-17, 07:53 PM
Kyrian raises an eyebrow at his father as he follows Alarra up onto the deck.

2007-01-17, 07:55 PM
El J looks at Alarra a bit nervously. "Yes, well. Uhm. I'm sure the kids are around here somewhere, if you two might give me a hand, ah...finding them."

He rummages around under a pile of rope, apparently usuccessfully.

Kyrian
2007-01-17, 07:56 PM
Kyrian, having never played hide-and-seek that he's aware of uses his abilities to sense out Kint and Ala's life energies. Slowly as he understand how the game works, a grin reaches his lips as he knows that he won't tell his parents where the two are hidden.

Alarra
2007-01-17, 08:00 PM
Alarra shakes her head in exasperation as she checks behind some barrels. "How long have they been hiding? And where did you look already?" She's tryig very hard to keep a stern, disappointed look on her face.

2007-01-17, 08:01 PM
El J clears his throat as he rummages around in a pile of sailcloth. "Yes, well...the problem is that Xanilar cast gaseous form on them. And invisibility. Of course this was after they made me promise not to use my eye to find them."

Kyrian
2007-01-17, 08:02 PM
Kyrian begins looking around.

Alarra
2007-01-17, 08:07 PM
Now Alarra's sigh really does sound disappointed. "Oh for crying out loud....they could have gone anywhere."

2007-01-17, 08:22 PM
El J looks around, blushing. "Ah...yes. That is rather the problem, isn't it?"

He scrambles into the rigging to look for the kids. It's just covenience that it also gets him a bit farther away from the Wrath of Alarra.

Kyrian
2007-01-17, 08:23 PM
Kyrian keeps searching, keeping out of any argument that may start.

Alarra
2007-01-17, 08:29 PM
Alarra scowls but continues searching.

2007-01-17, 08:41 PM
El J rambles about in the rigging, trying to figure out just what his plan is if he actually finds one of the kids up here.

Kyrian
2007-01-17, 08:44 PM
Kyrian looks around, thinking of where two kids might hide.

Alarra
2007-01-17, 08:51 PM
After awhile Alarra appears to get cold and tired of this and finally stops in the middle of the deck and yells, "Alright you two! It is dinner time and if you don't come out in the next minute we're going to Trog's without you!"

Kyrian
2007-01-17, 08:52 PM
Seeing his mother shiver, Kyrian heads over to warm her with another hug.

2007-01-17, 08:57 PM
El Jaspero nearly falls out of the rigging when a gust of wind at his shoulder makes a shrill Eeep!. He turns to face it with his own version of a stern look. "She really does mean it. Now come down with me before things get worse; a pregnant, cold woman armed with dispel magic will make short work of you two right fast."

Somehow sensing agreement, he nods and descends. As his foot touches the deck Ala materializes at his side and nervously takes his hand. Kint appears not far from Kyrian, looking equally shy and nervous.

Alarra
2007-01-17, 09:07 PM
Alarra gives Ala a stern look, "Now I'd certainly think you know better than to be up in the rigging. And you gave me quite a fright, how was I to know you hadn't disappeared forever?"

I'm sorry auntilarra, Ala wraps Alarra in an apologetic hug, which makes the 'not really all that stern to begin with' look dissolve completely.

"Well, now that we've got you all back and in one piece....Who's hungry?"

Kyrian
2007-01-17, 09:09 PM
Kyrian steps back and smiles as he watches his parents handle the two kids.

2007-01-17, 09:11 PM
El Jaspero gives a gentle smile. "Well, I don't know about Kint and Ala," even though he clearly does, "But I'm famished. Come along now, clap onto my hand so I know you won't float away again." He takes a relieved Kint's hand and leads the way back down the gangplank and up into Town.

Kyrian
2007-01-17, 09:27 PM
Kyrian watches his parents head for Trog's. He stands at the edge, and looks past the railing, out to the ocean.

[hr]
He vanishes.

2007-01-20, 04:08 PM
The Pirate King walks up the gangplank and walks over to one of Norman's apprentices with a slightly distasteful look on his face. "Xanilar, lad...come with me. The missus says we need to have a talk." He and the bearded, nervous young wizard head into the cabin, neither looking too happy about it.

2007-02-13, 07:55 AM
El Jaspero stumps his way up the gangplank, followed closely by Kint and Ala. He looks about the idle, but orderly, frigate with a sharp but pleased eye and waves Janae over.

Good morning, Captain. What brings you down?

The Pirate King gives a nervous smile. "Two things. For starters, we may be making a trip to Faerun soon so I'd like-"

Aye, sir. I'll see to it.

El J clears his throat and eyes the elf-kids at his side. "Actually, I want Gaelon to see to it. I need you for something else. Fetch Adania while you're at it and meet me in the cabin."

Janae eyes him curiously, but salutes with an Aye-aye, sir. before heading off to find the healer as El Jaspero, the kids in tow, heads into his cabin and calls for tea.

Renrik
2007-02-18, 08:50 PM
A discerning eye can make out, carefully a shape lurking in the lighthouse overlooking the harbor, perring down on the Liza Jane with watchful, sunken eyes.

The crouched figure speaks to himself:
The lost Johannson... and with a ship, too. Fate is too kind.

The figure draws out a peice of black fabric, and clutches it in one hand

I've found him, brother. I've found the captain. Vengance is not yet slipped beyond our grasp.

He puts the cloth away, and runs his hand along the plain, undecorated hilt of a cold, steel dirk in his belt.

Indeed, it is closer than ever.

Graklok
2007-02-19, 03:08 PM
Graklok boars the Liza Jane, holding two barrels, one in each arm, over his shoulders. He heads below deck and places them in the holds.

Hey der Gracky, whatcha be puttin down below.

Graklok bring lagar. Graklok miss lagar when in sea.

Aye, booz' be good, but youse a pirate now, ya should be drinkin' rum!

Rum? Wha Rum?

'ere, 'ave a sip 'o 'dis...

Graklok takes a ship from the crew mate's jug. His eyes go wide.

WHOA! Dat's good. Like lagar with teef.

Yar, it has a bite tah it. Take's up less room in holds too. But leave yer lagar there, perhap's we'll be celebratin' soon. I'se heard rumors we'se about to sail again....but only rumors y'know, so don't go tellin' anyone.

Otay. Graklok keep Graklok mouf shut. Graklok no tell anyone dat Graklok go out to sea.

The pirate gives Graklok a curious look, then shrugs his shoulders and head off to his duties.

Renrik
2007-02-19, 03:16 PM
The assassin creeps down off the lighthouse and into the harbor, swimming silently until he reaches the Liza Jane. He climbs silently and nimbly onto the ship and through the port-hole of El Jaspero's cabin, where the captain is taking tea with the elven children. He stands there, behind El Jaspero, his black cloak and tunic dripping with sea water, his limp, dead, grey hair hanging sodden in front of his sunken, bloodshot eyes. He stares at the captain, and takes a single step forward.

Hello, Stefan.

2007-02-19, 05:43 PM
The Pirate King waves his hand in the assassin's direction without turning his head. "Ahoy, there. Allow me to introduce Kint and Ala, my...well, I suppose they're my wards, or something like that."

Hello.
Hello there.

El J indicates the table, still not turning to the assassin. "You must be cold; please do have a seat and take some tea, and introduce yourself properly."

Renrik
2007-02-19, 07:33 PM
Renrik walks forward calmly, sitting at the table.

You are courageous. And trusting, too. That is an admirable combination of traits.

He removes his cloak and his mask, revealing his haggard face, the thin moustache and beard wet clinging to his pale skin from the water. He lays his knives on the table. He pours himself a draught of tea, sniffs it once, and sips it.

You, of course, know me, but fr the benefits of your wards, I shall make myself known.

He turns to the two elven children, and nods his head respectfully.

I am Renrik Tiberic Bersain, of the city of Rimeholt. It is my pleasure to meet you.

He turns back to El Jaspero

You, on the other hand, are not who you appear. It has been long since either of us have seen the North Sea, Stefan, though perhaps longer for me than for you.

2007-02-19, 08:08 PM
The elf kids, after a moment of beckoning from El Jaspero, stand and make their bows.

Hello, Mister Bersain.
Hello.

The Pirate King smiles as the kids sit back down. "I have seen the northern seas more recently than you might think, Renrik, just a month or so ago." He gives a wry grin and sips his tea. "Our liege still fails to protect his treasure fleets as he should. What brings you to my ship?"

Renrik
2007-02-19, 08:22 PM
Your ship, my good captain, is what brings me to your ship.

He chuckles

Surely, you are acquainted with the tenacity with which the King's agents hunt their prey. I know well we have both had our share of encounters with them.

2007-02-19, 08:33 PM
El Jaspero chuckles. "I am familiar indeed with our King's dedication to hunting his enemies...however long ago their offenses might have happened." He sips his tea. "But it seems I must ask again...what can the Liza Jane do for you, son of the North?"

Renrik
2007-02-19, 08:36 PM
Much, Johannson. Much.

A few months ago, an event happened which I hold to be of greatest concern. I have no doubt that you are aware of the event. The pirate hunters who came to the town not long ago. The pirate hunters that were sent by a certain King of our mutual acquaintance.

I had dealt with the King's hunters before. They were strong, the Sentinels especially so. But only once before had I faced a Knight of the Wolf...

... it was not a pleasant fight.

Naturally, I was worried when I discovered that one such knight was among the pirate hunters.

I engaged him a duel, as per his request. It was only during our combat that I discovered his identity. Nonetheless, the agreement of the duel was to the death, and I cannot break the agreement of a duel.

I assure you, I took no pleasure in killing my brother.

2007-02-19, 08:56 PM
The Pirate King nods, then sadly bows his head for a moment; the kids notice him and follow suit.

"I am sorry for the loss of your brother, Renrik. I'm sure he died well, bedecked with honors fitting his station." He raises his head and looks the assassin in the eye. "But the pirate hunters have been dealt with. What need have you for a ship?"

Renegade Paladin
2007-02-19, 09:01 PM
Gaheris walked out onto the dock where the Liza Jane was tied up, weaving between stacks of crates and the occasional dockhand as he made his way towards the gangplank.

Renrik
2007-02-19, 09:05 PM
The assassin's eyes gleam coldly

Revenge.

He draws out a peice of black fabric from his tunic, and lays it table. It is emblazoned with a silver wolf's head.

Revenge on the man who sent my brother to die, who forced him into a life of banishment until he brought back the head of his own brother. Revenge on the man who's laws forced my family to live in poverty, ensuring that we could never rise above the squallor. Who hunted me for all these years, and who hunts me still.

He clenches his fist

Revenge on the Crown. On King Raust. He escaped by blades once, but I was a whelp then. He will not escape them again. I swear it. He will die by my hand.

2007-02-19, 09:13 PM
Up on deck, a halfling waves to Gaheris. Hello there, friend. Can we help you?

--------------------

In the cabin, El Jaspero leans back in his chair. "So...you'd have me take you to the Northlands? Why not get a wizard to simply teleport yourself there? It'd be faster, less wet, and less conspicuous than traveling aboard a notorious pirate vessel."

Renrik
2007-02-19, 09:19 PM
Because to king's seers would know if somebody teleported into Rimeholt. They monitor the magical energies in that area. And if I teleported to the mainland, I'd still need a ship to get to the island, and I'd rather not go around the mainland asking for a ship. Gets suspicious. You, on the other hand, already have a ship, a crew to man it, the skill to avoid or fight any of the king's vessels you encounter...
...and, I suspect, a reason of your own to travel North.

Renegade Paladin
2007-02-19, 09:24 PM
[Erm... Renrik's already in the cabin. :smallwink:]

"Ahoy," called Gaheris up to the deck. "I'm looking for your captain. He around?"

2007-02-19, 09:27 PM
The Pirate King sips his tea. "I'll not deny that I have reasons of my own. I've sailed north innumerable times, you know...but haven't touched my native soil for twenty years. And the death of King Raust would certainly not cause me to lose any sleep. But who would fill the throne after him?" He eyes Renrik closely. "The man who takes his life?"

--------------------

((Doh.))

Gaelon looks around a moment with a sly grin. "He was here, but left a little while ago. You might want to head down the docks to the big '74 tied up down there, Captain Ceiblayde's new boat."

Renrik
2007-02-19, 09:38 PM
As you well know, Raust has no heirs. But I assure you, I have no intention to take the throne. Why would I? The nobles would not accept a lowborn fugitive who murdered their king, and I have no desire to sit on the throne.

No, the throne would pass to someone else. One of the nobles. I don't care who sits on the throne, as long as it is not Raust. Let the nobles play their games. Whether King or pauper, all shall rot to the same dust.

2007-02-19, 09:45 PM
El Jaspero nods, deep in thought. "And what if the next king is just as bad as Raust? Or even worse? Murder and revolution are never a clean business, Renrik...a man of your profession knows that. If I'm going to help you, I want to know that we're leaving our homeland in better hands than the ones we're taking it from."

Renrik
2007-02-19, 09:51 PM
Ah, patriotism. I remember it well... A terrible thing, the love of one's country. It is the catalyst of the greatest of acts, and the most horrible. I will not deny, I once loved that land. Perhaps I still do, somewhere within me. Patriotism...

... very well. I shall not see the Northlands in civil war. If it is my last act of loyalty to that land, I shall not cast it into war with itself. We shall see an heir...
...Who would you see upon the throne, captain?

2007-02-19, 09:56 PM
The Pirate King stares into his tea, swirling it idly.

"There is a minor lord of the midlands...new to the noble class they say, untainted by the burden of heritage and ancient feuds. Quite popular among the farmers, I hear." He looks up. "See to it that Lord Johansson is at least on the governing council, and I will help you."

Renrik
2007-02-19, 10:07 PM
I see. Always useful to have kinsfolk ruling the country, Stefan.

But I have heard of this lord. He is no friend of Raust. He, perhaps, could bring something not seen to the lands. Assuming the inevitable assassins dont kill him first. Nasty assassins, Northlanders. Never stop when it comes to a mark.

Very well. When Raust is killed, have Lord Johannson and his allies ready to move. Rimeholt must be taken quickly after the event, before the other lords occupy it.

2007-02-19, 10:14 PM
The Pirate King closes his eyes, but nods. "I...I will contact him, urge him and his allies to be prepared. More than that I cannot promise."

Renegade Paladin
2007-02-19, 10:20 PM
Gaheris narrowed his eyes slightly, but that would be hard to notice from the deck of the ship. Still, he didn't know enough about the man's mannerisms to be sure he'd picked up on a lie. "Aye, I'll do that. Thanks," he called out and walked back down the dock.

Renrik
2007-02-19, 10:23 PM
Good. Then all is set, no? We must go North within a fortnight, and arrive before the spring thaw. The ships of the Crown patrol only the clear passages during the dark months, as you well know. The other passes are too full of ice for them. Or too dangerous.

2007-02-19, 10:30 PM
El Jaspero nods. "I believe we are agreed then. A fortnight it is." He gives a faint smile. "Unless you have other business, you are now free to go."

Renrik
2007-02-19, 10:35 PM
Renrik nods:

A fortnight. Then we set sail.

The assassin rises, and walks out of the cabin and down the gangplank off of the ship, returning into the streets of the town.

((That's... umm... Monday, March 6th. So, we'll start the plotline then. Unless you want to start earlier, or later, in whcih case we'll just bend time in the town a bit.))

((courageous, trusting... and cunning, too! V))

2007-02-19, 10:37 PM
((Sounds good, I'll be back from DC by that point.))

El Jaspero smiles, and he and the kids suddenly disappear, the illusion's usefulness finished.

2007-02-20, 07:22 AM
Captain on deck!

Dovis' shrill whistle tears the air as El Jaspero makes his way up the gangplank, smiling and waving to his crew. He waves for Janae and Gaelon; after a moment of huddling at the wheel he heads below as his officers turn to the grinning crew and begin bellowing orders.

All hands, all hands to unmoor ship and take her to deep water!

The eager strike up a chantey and spring to work:

Oh ships will come and ships will go, as long as waves do roll;
And a sailor lad, just like his dad, he loves his flowing bowl.
At sea or shore, he does adore, a girl who's plump and round.
But when the money's all gone 'tis the same old song,
"Get up Jack, John sit down."

Then hey laddie, ho laddie, swing the capstan 'round,
When the money's gone 'tis the same old song,

An old sheath-knife and so'wester are staunch old friends at night,
A glass of grog in the rain or fog will steer the sailor right.
From old Brazil to Bunker Hill we scatter dollars 'round

Oh take a cruise on men-of-war to China or Japan;
In Asia there, the maidens fair, all love a sailor man.
Old Tom and Joe will have a go, to buy the girls a gown,
But when the money's all gone it's the same old song,

When Jack's ashore he steers his way to some old boarding house.
He's welcomed in with rum and gin, likewise with pork and souse.
And he'll spend and lend and ne'er offend, and lie drunk on the ground.
But when the money's all gone 'tis the same old song,

When Jack is old and weather-beat, too weak to roust about,
In some rum shop they'll let him stop, at 8 bells he's turned out.
He cries, he cries, up to the skies, "I'll soon be homeward bound!"
When the money's all gone 'tis the same old song,

Kyrian
2007-02-20, 07:32 AM
Kyrian appears at the docks, by the Liza Jane. He whistles, hoping to catch a crew member's attention.

2007-02-20, 11:52 AM
A sailor waves to Kyrian as the last lines are released and the frigate begins her slow, graceful move out into the harbor's deep water. "Ahoy there, laddie!" he calls. "Cap'n's aboard if you'd speak with him."

Kyrian
2007-02-20, 01:29 PM
Kyrian grins and makes his way up onto the ship, defying physics should he need to.

2007-02-20, 03:20 PM
The Pirate King stands on deck, happily overseeing the work. He steps over and claps Kyrian on the shoulder. "Ahoy, lad! What brings you aboard?"

Kyrian
2007-02-20, 03:57 PM
Heard my family was taking off to Faerun today, thought I'd come by and see them off.

2007-02-20, 05:56 PM
El Jaspero smiles broadly. "That's right nice of you, son. We're clearly not off quite yet, but will be in a bit. Enjoying the married life?"

Kyrian
2007-02-20, 05:58 PM
Kyrian smiles back, then turns and leans against the deck's railing, looking out to sea. It's amazing Dad. I wake up each day, finding myself able to love Lillah even more than ever, and then when I think that I can't find anymore love, the next day comes around and I find myself more and more in love with her. Is this what you felt like when you married Mom?

Renegade Paladin
2007-02-20, 06:00 PM
Gaheris walked up the pier. "Ahoy aboard ship," he called up. "Permission to come aboard?"

2007-02-20, 06:08 PM
Ahoy on shore! cries the bo'sun. You just sit tight, we'll have a boat to you in a moment.

One of the Liza's launches drops into the harbor and a gaggle of sailors begin rowing it back to the pier. After a bit they arrive and tie up right next to Gaheris.

Right you are, sir, hop on in if you please. Gaelon extends a helping hand and a warm smile.

--------------------

El J smiles at Kyrian. "When I married her, and every day since then. I've never felt so alive as when I look at her. Can't even begin to describe it."

Kyrian
2007-02-20, 06:11 PM
I believe I know the feeling.

2007-02-20, 06:25 PM
The Pirate King smiles. "Then I couldn't be happier for you, lad." He eyes the work approvingly. "Want me to bring you anything back, souvenirs or what-have-you?"

Kyrian
2007-02-20, 06:27 PM
Just you, Mom, and Agneta will be good for me. Kyrian grins.

Renegade Paladin
2007-02-20, 06:31 PM
Ahoy on shore! cries the bo'sun. You just sit tight, we'll have a boat to you in a moment.

One of the Liza's launches drops into the harbor and a gaggle of sailors begin rowing it back to the pier. After a bit they arrive and tie up right next to Gaheris.

Right you are, sir, hop on in if you please. Gaelon extends a helping hand and a warm smile.
[Awwwww. I was going to go for an aerial insertion. :smallamused:]

Gaheris smiled as he took Gaelon's hand and swung himself into the boat, hauling a sack containing the few possessions he had in the Town.

Alarra
2007-02-20, 06:45 PM
Alarra and Agneta appear in the cabin and after stowing a few items, and slipping Agneta, who is tired and fussy, down to sleep, Alarra comes out onto the deck.

She glides over to El J and kisses him lightly on the cheek. "Hello love, any idea when we're actually leaving?"

Blood
2007-02-20, 07:03 PM
The universe quietly informs Alarra and El Jaspero's consciences that they forgot their unlucky charm, the black cat.

((Wow, you know what just hit me? "Tears of Blood Campaign World." Another reason to make puns about Blood.))

2007-02-20, 07:52 PM
El J smiles and holds Alarra's hand. "Now that my most two precious pieces of cargo have arrived, we can sail immediately." He turns to holler his orders, and his sailors scamper aloft to unfurl the sails. As the Liza starts to gain way, he gives Kyrian a hug. "Well lad, we're away. We should be back in a handful of days, a week at most. Give Lillah our love."

Kyrian
2007-02-20, 07:56 PM
Kyrian nods. You guys take care. Send word if anything goes wrong. I love all three of you. That being said, Kyrian jumps up onto the rail, and with a wink, backflips off and into the water.

Alarra
2007-02-20, 08:05 PM
(I'm sowwy Blood)

2007-02-20, 08:09 PM
El J watches Kyrian disappear with an unreadable look, then turns to Alarra to give her another kiss. "It's wonderful having you aboard, love. It makes me feel the sea is my home again." He pulls her close and they stand, leaning into each other a bit before he blinks. "Darling...did you bring the cat?"

Alarra
2007-02-20, 08:26 PM
"Was I supposed to?"

2007-02-20, 08:38 PM
"I just realized we forgot to invite her along." El J shrugs. "She's a clever thing, I'm sure she'll find a way to tell us or just show up if she wants to be here."

They stand on the quarterdeck, holding hands and watching the Town slowly slip away in the fading evening light. It's a beautiful sight, softly dappled with rosy light as the streetlights start to twinkle into view. They sigh and lean a bit closer. Turning to face each other, they smile and look deep into each other's eyes, then give a pair of muffled groans as the sounds of an upset baby filter up from below. They grin, a bit sadly, and head below to tend Agneta as the crew looks on with amused appreciation.

Alarra
2007-02-20, 08:46 PM
"I can hop back and get her if you'd like."

2007-02-20, 08:55 PM
El J gently bounces Agneta on his shoulder, utterly oblivious to the absurd image of getting a baby back to sleep in the cabin of a warship. He pauses in his humming to her and gives Alarra a smile.

"Do you think she'd want to come? We generally don't have much of a rodent problem in Liza, what with all the charms and such. Still, she might find it interesting."

Alarra
2007-02-20, 08:58 PM
"Well, I'll go check with her then."
Alarra disappears.

2007-02-20, 09:08 PM
El Jaspero paces the cabin, singing softly to Agneta.

I wish my breast was made of glass wherein you might behold
Your name is written there my love, in letters made of gold.
In letters made of gold, my love, believe me what I say,
You are the only one for me until my dying day.

The blackest crow that e'er did fly, would surely turn to white
If ever I prove false to you, bright day be turned to night.
Bright day be turned to night, my love, the elements will mourn,
If ever I prove false to you the seas will rage and burn.

Alarra
2007-02-20, 09:27 PM
Alarra appears in a corner of the cabin and sets Blood down.

Blood
2007-02-20, 09:30 PM
Blood quickly preens herself in a dignified manner.

2007-02-20, 09:33 PM
El J looks up, utterly unsurprised. "Blood, Ahoy. Glad you could join us. I've almost got the little one to sleep...I think she's not used to the motion of the ship." He looks at the little golden-haired bundle in his arms with a deep smile, remembering a dream. "But she will."

Blood
2007-02-20, 09:39 PM
"Cheater. You fatten me up so that I have nothing to do, and then want to come with you when you do something." Blood glares at El J. She begins to sniff around idly.

Renegade Paladin
2007-02-20, 09:40 PM
Gaheris ducked under some of the rigging as he worked his way aft.

"Captain, have you ever sailed Faerunian waters before," he asked quietly after casting a glance at the baby in his arms.

2007-02-20, 09:46 PM
El J makes an apologetic "shushing" motion to Gaheris. "It's been a few years, but several of my crew are from Faerun: Gaelon, Adania, Xanilar, a few of the hands. Did you have some concerns about it?"

Blood
2007-02-20, 09:56 PM
Blood finds a blanket tucked away somewhere, and makes herself comfortable.

((Wow, am I tired. Goodnight.))

Alarra
2007-02-20, 11:49 PM
Alarra takes the nearly asleep Agneta gingerly from El J's arms and ushers him and Gaheris out of the cabin. "Your daughter and I are going to sleep," she whispers to him. "We'll be waiting if you ever decide that Liza can sail without you and come to bed." She gives him a teasing smile before closing the door.

Renegade Paladin
2007-02-21, 12:51 AM
El J makes an apologetic "shushing" motion to Gaheris. "It's been a few years, but several of my crew are from Faerun: Gaelon, Adania, Xanilar, a few of the hands. Did you have some concerns about it?"
"Just wondering if you're familiar with Westgate's port. It sits on the Sea of Fallen Stars, an inner sea. I'm not entirely sure how your ship gets around, but that may or may not pose a problem."

2007-02-21, 07:08 AM
El Jaspero raises an eyebrow. "You mean an inland sea? Aye, that would be tricky for us. Liza's fast alright, but not fast enough to actually fly. We'll have to get close enough and teleport you in; Xanilar's likely your best candidate, he's actually from Faerun and might have been there."

Blood
2007-02-21, 07:28 AM
Blood yawns and stretches. She walks around, exploring the ship, and getting to know its nooks and crannies. Being a cat, she has no trouble balancing, even with the swaying. She is careful to stay away from the edges of the ship.

After a while, she comes down into the cabin, glaring around at anyone in there. "I hate seawater... What is there to eat?"

Renegade Paladin
2007-02-21, 07:59 AM
[ You know what? Let's just do it this way. http://www.libriumarcana.com/Uploads/Rogue/Pictures/Fantasy%20Maps/Faerunmap.jpg From the outer seas you can sail to within a hundred miles of a navigable river that'll get you to the Sea of Fallen Stars, but there's no actual connection. It's crazy.]

"Baldur's Gate would probably be our best bet, then," he said. I can either contact a friend who can teleport me, or if it comes down to it, hire a wayfarer guide from there."

2007-02-21, 09:16 PM
Victor is more than happy to utterly spoil the talking cat with plates of bamhacon, bowls of cream, and anything else she might request.

--------------------

El J nods. "Baldur's Gate it is then." He chuckles to himself. "Gaelon will be amused...he wasn't always a pirate you know. He was once a promising young apprentice in the Thieves' Guild there until he got 'disinvited' for doing too much side work."

Blood
2007-02-21, 10:23 PM
Blood grins and digs into her meal, conveniently forgetting to thank Victor for his hard work. After she finishes the glorious food, she walks back over to Agneta and watches her sleep for a while. "I know humans age much more slowly than cats. When is it until she starts learning how to speak?"

Renegade Paladin
2007-02-21, 10:58 PM
Gaheris gave a weak smile. "I'm sure he will," he whispered, knowing better than to ask too many questions.

2007-02-22, 03:20 PM
Sail ho! comes the cry from aloft. Two sail, to be proper. Three points off starboard bow.

El Jaspero runs out on deck with his cased telescope over his shoulder and scrambles aloft to see what the day has brought.

The_Order
2007-02-22, 03:32 PM
Two ships, visible even at this distances as heavy frigates of the Order, are bearing down on the Liza Jane.

Renegade Paladin
2007-02-22, 03:38 PM
Gaheris came up on deck and stood against the gunwale. "What is it, Captain?" He did not at all recognize the colors of the approaching ships.

2007-02-22, 03:39 PM
The hands scattered about the rigging below the Pirate King give a quick cheer. Yar, Vander. Should be a spot of fun here. It's now two 74s the Captain's taken, a brace o' frigates ain't nothin'.

"'Vast that chatter!" barks the Pirate King in a surprisingly unpleasant tone. He frowns at the scene before him and glances instinctively to where his cabin lies. "Dovis! All hands to remain at their posts, d'ye hear?"

The bo'sun gives him a strange look, but he's not even begun his second word before the sailors are back at work, leaving their captain aloft to sullenly watch the approaching ships.

El Jaspero calls down to Gaheris. "It's...well, they're pirate hunters, Gaheris. Fully legitimate ones, I'm sad to say. You might want to stay below, I'd rather not have you breaking any vows on my behalf."

The_Order
2007-02-22, 03:50 PM
The frigates, proudly flying the Order's colors, continue to close in perfect formation.

Renegade Paladin
2007-02-22, 03:52 PM
"By all the fiends of the Abyss, why now," he grumbled. "Right," he called back tersely. He turned and went down the nearest hatch, dodging bustling crewmen as best he could (which was very well indeed) as he made his way aft.

Blood
2007-02-22, 03:55 PM
Blood glances at El J as he runs out. She looks down at Agneta, who has likely been awakened by all the noise.

2007-02-22, 04:01 PM
Janae appears at El Jaspero's elbow. Captain? They're closing fast. Shall I order the hands to stations?

"No."

She gives him an incredulous look. I...Jasper, are you alright?

"No battle stations, Janae. Get me Jo-Ligh."

Aye, Jo-Ligh it is. She descends, calling out for the weathermaster as she goes.

The_Order
2007-02-22, 04:50 PM
The frigates, now visible as Red Lion and Striker, press on.

Attention pirates! bursts a voice across the Liza Jane's deck. Stand to for boarding or be fired upon.

2007-02-22, 04:55 PM
At a word from her unhappy Captain, the Liza suddenly changes course and springs forward on a breeze apparently meant only for her, even as the Order's wind fails them entirely. Within a handful of minutes the pirates have sped clear and El Jaspero descends.

"Resume course for Baldur's Gate!" he barks, then heads below. The hands pause a moment, then turn to their duties with a mixture of disappointment and confusion.

Renegade Paladin
2007-02-22, 04:55 PM
Below deck, Gaheris checked the small arsenal of weaponry placed across his body, making sure it was all in place and in good order. Legitimate pirate hunters or not, he wasn't about to be cut to pieces here should they decide to make a fight of it.

2007-02-22, 05:07 PM
El Jaspero descends, finally finding Gaheris. Noting the arsenal spread out before him, he nods. "Won't be needing that, not today at least. We gave 'em the slip," he says with little satisfaction.

Blood
2007-02-22, 05:13 PM
Blood looks around as she walks in. "There you are, Jaspero. Your daughter certainly cries loudly. I think Alarra's got it covered, but what do I know about humans?"

2007-02-22, 05:26 PM
El J gives Blood a tense smile that quickly softens. "I know, she certainly raises a racket sometimes, she's not one to go upset without letting us know, and I'm sorry if she's kept you awake. But...sometimes we pay a price for the people and things we love, eh?"

Renegade Paladin
2007-02-22, 06:14 PM
Gaheris gave a half-smile as he flipped the dagger he was holding up into the air, catching it reversed before tucking it away in his cloak. "Glad to hear it," he said in a slightly grim tone.

"If I may, I tend to have a way with calming frightened children," he added with a wry grin after Blood cut in. "Might as well do something useful around here."

Blood
2007-02-22, 07:20 PM
Blood eyes El J. "Whatever. I haven't paid my share yet, though you're welcome to take it anytime you want. You know, that 10,000 gold I have sitting around? I don't know how much you have, but it's not like that's nothing." She ignores Gaheris, finding him slightly tasteless.

((Sorry. :smalltongue: ))

Renegade Paladin
2007-02-22, 08:08 PM
[ Hey, what makes you think he cares if a cat finds him tasteless? :smallamused:]

2007-02-22, 08:40 PM
El J smiles at his friends. "Aye, you've yet to meet Agneta, Gaheris. We'll have to introduce you two soon." Hey turns to Blood. "And don't think I've forgotten. I've just been a bit...occupied, you know?"

Blood
2007-02-22, 08:46 PM
Blood rolls her eyes. "You forgot, didn't you? Idiot pirate." She walks out and back to the cabin, tail high.

Renegade Paladin
2007-02-22, 08:53 PM
Gaheris looked after her and chuckled. "So what's her story," he asked El J in amusement. "You don't often see a talking housecat."

2007-02-22, 09:06 PM
The Pirate King shrugs. "To be honest, I have no idea. She pretty much just showed up in the gem shop one day and made herself at home..and as you can see, she's not exactly easy to argue with."

Graklok
2007-02-23, 04:36 PM
Graklok keeps himself busy with the heaving of ropes and moving of cannon ammo to each gun. In his off time, he is found on the bow of the ship, letting the air flow through the little bits of hair he has on his mostly bald head. Most of the time he is smiling, mostly from being familiar now with the ship and the crew. Not a one of the pirates flinches from the sight of him. Graklok feels as if he's found a home with the Liza Jane & crew.

2007-02-23, 08:11 PM
There is a quiet knock on Gaheris' door. Gaelon's cousin Whistervanil pokes his head in and speaks in his usual rapid tone. Captain wanted to me to tell you: we've spotted the lights of Baldur's Gate, we'll be docked by morning. He's gone in a flash, before Gaheris can even blink.

2007-02-24, 08:20 AM
All hands, all hands to drop anchor!

The Liza is filled with clatter and noise sailors and equipment run about, finally bringing the frigate to a stop in the dingy urban harbor of Baldur's Gate. El Jaspero stands on deck with a curious look on his face at the thought of being here again after so many years.

((I'll be not posting much this weekend, so Gaheris and anybody else aboard the Liza should feel free to head into Baldur's Gate at their convenience.))

Renegade Paladin
2007-02-24, 03:08 PM
[Right, thanks.]

Gaheris thanked the captain and moved out onto the docks and into the city. [I'll create a thread in just a moment.]

[Baldur's Gate (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2086984#post2086984)]

Blood
2007-02-25, 09:29 AM
Morning finds Blood out on the deck, sitting on the edge of the boat and looking straight out to the sea. She looks almost like a statue, but for her occasionally swishing tail. This water isn't that bad, as long as I don't have to get in it. Nice view, too.

2007-02-25, 07:34 PM
El Jaspero and Alarra sit on a small sofa placed there by the crew, cuddling and talking to their daughter. She smiles and gurgles back at them, gazing about with her brilliant blue eyes.

"Do you have a sense of how long we'll be here?"

El Jaspero shrugs. "A few days? I really don't know. I'm sure Gaheris will let me know when he's ready to leave." He puts his arm around Alarra, pulling her and Agneta close. "It doesn't much matter, as long as I've got you two here."

Alarra smiles and leans her head on his shoulder, shifting Agneta to keep her cloak wrapped around her. They sit a long time, softly talking, before finally turning in for the night.

Renegade Paladin
2007-02-25, 11:06 PM
[ I'll show back up, but I probably won't type everything I do out if no one else is going to do anything. No point just playing by myself.]

Blood
2007-02-26, 03:33 PM
((You should have taken the cat. :smallbiggrin:

Yeah, you're kind of the only one posting in Baldur's Gate. I think El Jaspero was away for the weekend, though, so his NPC's/sailors/whoever went with you might post a bit.))

2007-02-26, 04:55 PM
((I was indeed occupied this weekend, but Gaelon and his merry band are up to their own mischief anyway.))

Renegade Paladin
2007-02-26, 05:16 PM
[ I'm sure they are. Gaheris suspects it as well; they may be hearing from some of his agents. :smallamused:]

2007-02-26, 08:31 PM
Gaelon emerges from El J's cabin, looking pale but hopeful; his gang of fellow halflings emerge from the darkness to greet him

No worries, lads, he murmurs. Just keep it hush-hush 'til we get out of this place and we'll be fine. His shadowy friends gather around to get him down to a healer, peppering him with questions as they go.

Blood
2007-02-26, 09:31 PM
Blood mumbles in her sleep, curled up at Agneta's feet like a dark, fuzzy guardian. "No, somehow I-" Her ear twitches. "Why would you do that?" She laughs softly, still asleep.

2007-02-27, 06:25 AM
The Pirate King rises fairly early and sets his crew to work on a few minor repairs, rerunning a couple old lines, the usual. It certainly has nothing to do with keeping the yards full of sailors, should he need to unfurl sails on short notice and make a fast getaway.

His duties attended, he heads below for breakfast with Alarra, Agneta, and Blood.

Alarra
2007-02-27, 08:54 PM
Alarra brings Agneta over to the railing later that evening to let her look out at the water. It seems to make her happy, and she giggles cheerfully and grasps out at the railing.

Alarra turns to El J with a smile, "Looks like she's meant to follow in your footsteps."

2007-02-27, 09:03 PM
El J puts his arm around Alarra, the other curled near, but not quite around, Agneta. "I'd be proud if she did. The world needs more Pirate Queens." He takes a sudden breath at his own words. "Alarra...I didn't mean it that way. You know I'll be proud of her whatever she does with her life, don't you?"

Blood
2007-02-27, 09:10 PM
Blood runs back and forth on the deck, stretching her limbs and trying to get Agneta to watch her. She grins as she weaves in and out of the bustling crew members.

Alarra
2007-02-27, 09:35 PM
Alarra smiles up at him with a light kiss, "Of course I know that dear."

Agneta sees Blood racing about and squeals delightedly, squirming and trying to launch herself out of Alarra's arms after the cat. Alarra laughs, but holds her tightly.

"I'm going to put the little one to bed, will you be in soon?"

"Actually, things are fine out here, I'll join you."

"Great." The three head into the cabin, leaving the door open a crack in case Blood wants to come in and taunt Agneta with her tail a bit more.

Blood
2007-02-27, 09:41 PM
The cat, having finished her exercise and already eaten, follows them into the cabin. Her dark black eyes seem to be brighter than usual, or maybe it's just the light in the cabin. She flicks her tail in excitement a couple of times, but eventually settles down on a blanket.

After the lights are out, the black cat is camouflaged against the darkness. She watches the trio silently with an undreadable expression, and doesn't fall asleep until long after they're in dreamland.

Renegade Paladin
2007-02-28, 12:27 AM
Gaheris returned to the ship the next morning a day late and looking a little the worse for wear.

"Sorry, Cap'n. Had some trouble; apparently one of the Court of Night Masters escaped and was looking for a little payback. Taken care of now, though," he said to El J with a smirk.

He then motioned at the odd assortment of people behind him. "These are the people who'll be coming back with us." He nodded to the dwarf first. "This is Borin Hammerbammer (http://thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=5208). Night Masks burned down his smithy when they caught wind that he was working with us, so he's going to try to start a new shop in Town."

"Migh' as well be there than tryin' to start again in Westgate," the dwarf interjected sullenly.

Gaheris gave a sympathetic smile and turned to a man leading a large dog. "This is Kern Longstrider (http://thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=3306), a ranger of Starmantle. He earned his appellation like I did mine; don't challenge him to any footraces," he continued with a barely suppressed chuckle. Kern nodded and suppressed a smile, but said nothing.

Gaheris next turned to the slightly ostentatiously dressed man with a variety of musical whistles and flutes stored in his sashes. "And here we have Earin Duskwalker (http://thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=4467) of the Shadowdale Duskwalkers," he continued, pausing to let Earin continue his own introduction.

"Freelance performer and bard extraordinaire, dear Captain," the young man said with a broad smile and exaggerated bow. "And this," he continued, preempting Gaheris by motioning to the other obvious performer next to him, "is my dear friend Mern Gerling, longtime acquaintance and occasional partner in crime. Speaking figuratively, of course," he added with a smirk as both Mern (http://thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=3565) and Gaheris cleared their throats.

"Figuratively indeed," Mern said with a good-natured grumble and sidelong glance at the other bard.

Gaheris shook his head in amusement as he motioned to a black-cloaked teen, barely into adulthood. "And this one's Kaer Andorsal (http://thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=3560), Westgate native and street operative. Kaer, I don't want you messing about with anything on the ship," he added with a short but sharp glance at the young rogue.

He caught the dagger he'd been tossing to himself and put it back in his belt. "Who, me?" He chuckled. "Wouldn't dream it."

"I should hope not," Gaheris said in a mock-sour tone. He motioned towards a man in a loose-fitting robe next who, unlike the others, carried no apparent weapons. "This is Joros (http://thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=3667)," he said simply. "He's a monk of Ilmater and longtime friend."

The monk nodded. "Pleased to meet you, Captain," he said serenely, slightly inclining his head in Jaspero's direction.

"And this is Garnoth (http://thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=3571)," Gaheris continued, waving a hand at the hulking half-orc in the group. "He's a specialist in, er... information gathering."

"Garnoth glad to meet cap'n-man," the half-orc grunted, though there was a twinkle in his eye as Gaheris chuckled. "Oh. No need for that then, boss?" The big man laughed himself before adopting a sardonic, if toothy, grin. "Yeah, I work the street. Sometimes it's quite an advantage for people to think you're another dumb savage." He slung the club he was carrying over one shoulder for effect before stepping back with a smile.

Gaheris shook his head and next turned to an expensively dressed half-elf, one of the last two who hadn't yet been introduced. "And this is Zian Tasck (http://thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=3612), noted practitioner arcane and ladies' man," he said sardonically. "He has his uses, though."

"Indeed, though it pains me to deprive the womenfolk of Westgate of my presence, duty calls," he responded in a mock tone of longsuffering.

"And this," Gaheris finished as he turned to the last member of the group, the only woman, "is Aleena Brightstar (http://thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=3564), cleric of Tymora, skilled cardshark, and my lovely fiancee," he said with a broad smile.

"Glad to meet you," she said with a smile, tossing her blonde ponytail behind her backpack. "Where's our quarters? This thing's getting heavy," she noted, indicating the very full backpack.

As the various agents filed below, Gaheris stayed on deck, a slightly amused expression on his face as he waited for them to get out of earshot.

AmberVael
2007-02-28, 12:45 AM
((*Gasp!*
You stole my name!))

Renegade Paladin
2007-02-28, 03:21 AM
[ I did no such thing. He's been established in game long before I joined this forum. :smalltongue:]

2007-02-28, 06:26 AM
The Pirate King smiles with only a touch of relief. "Good, very good. If all are aboard, we'll be on our way. Gaelon," he waves over the halfling second mate. "Kindly show our guests to the cabins. This being a proper sloop-of-war they're not much, but the homeward journey's but a few days."

As Gaelon leads the passengers below El Jaspero turns to his waiting crew; he's about to give the orders that will set the ship in motion, but he suddenly grins and dives into his cabin. He emerges a moment later with Agneta in his arms, Alarra following shortly with a bemused smile. El J holds his daughter up to the sailors facing them.

"Blgrrrghaaa!" she says with a squeal of laughter that all present immediately join.

"You heard the lass!" El Jaspero hollers with a grin. "Cast off and make sail, set the course for home!" He and Alarra retire to the quarterdeck as the ship bursts into amused industry, and the Liza Jane is soon on her way.

Graklok
2007-02-28, 03:00 PM
Graklok begins the tasks neccesary for sailing out. He on one side of the ship pulls a line to raise the sails, while three sailors on the other side do the same task.

Heave!

Ho!

Heave!

Ho!

Heave!

Heave Graky!

Oh...uh..HO!

The sails are pulled taunt quickly, and the ship pulls way from port.

Renegade Paladin
2007-02-28, 03:47 PM
Gaheris followed the Pirate King. "Captain, when you have a moment I should like to speak with you."

Blood
2007-02-28, 03:52 PM
((I always figured that Feline was just another language. Now that I think about it, it's probably more just the cat's natural, primitive language - purring, hissing, etc. My picture of Blood talking to El J and Alarra in Feline is totally changed. :smallbiggrin:))

Blood walks about the ship, talking to sailors when they take breaks, trying to bluff them into playing a game of cards with her.

2007-02-28, 05:46 PM
El Jaspero smiles and gives Gaheris a slight bow. "I am at your leisure, Sir Gaheris. What can I do for you?"

Renegade Paladin
2007-03-01, 03:23 AM
Gaheris gave a tight-lipped smile. "Well, it just so happens that while we were in Baldur's Gate, the Blackhand, a higher-up in the assassins' guild was... assassinated, ironically enough. Normally I wouldn't overly care; he's had his coming for years. But it so happens that one of my agents saw a rowboat returning to this ship the very hour of his death, and no one else came ashore." He paused and raised an eyebrow. "I don't believe in coincidences, Captain. Did one of your men kill the Blackhand?" He waited a few moments before breaking into a grin. "Because if so, I should like to congratulate him."

[Yeah, he doesn't much care. Sorry about not responding earlier; was running my D&D game all evening.]

2007-03-01, 06:30 AM
The Pirate King gives a slight smile and shifts his daughter to his other hip. "Now, now, my good knight," he says. "You know I can neither confirm nor deny that one of my men might have had a part in the Blackhand's death, assuming of course the rumors are even true. For starters, that would violate the sacred trust between a pirate captain and his men."

"Ghwgurr" says Agneta.

El J winks at Gaheris. "Besides, I believe it was more like six of them."