PDA

View Full Version : Corruption System?

RndmNumGen
2010-11-21, 07:32 PM
So I was playing through ADOM the other day, and started thinking that a similar plot might make for a fun D&D game. One where, as players progress through the game and fight chaos monsters, they gain corruption points. After accumulating a certain amount of these, they gain a random corruption, which has both benefits and drawbacks(though corruptions on average are mostly negative).

So does anybody know of a system similar to this I might adapt? I don't know much abount the many splatbooks out there, so it wouldn't surprise me if something has already been created; or if not that, some form of homebrew.

stabbitty death
2010-11-21, 07:35 PM
taint from Heroes of horror

Crow
2010-11-21, 07:36 PM
I believe there's taint in the D20SRD as well.

Fawsto
2010-11-21, 07:36 PM
I believe there is something similar in Heroes of Horror.

Also, there is Darkside points at Star Wars: Saga.

I don't believe, though, the corruption gives you anything good unless you are a member of some appointed classes.

Hopefully Helpful,

Fawsto

Sdonourg
2010-11-21, 09:34 PM
I have made a sub-system for corruption/mutations and integrated it well with taint from HoH. It features some bizzare mutations from ADOM, Dungeon Crawl and new ones. But there is one fatal flaw - it's in russian :smallannoyed:

RndmNumGen
2010-11-21, 10:13 PM
Hmm... okay. I found the taint system in HoH, but it doesn't really seem to be what I'm looking for, as it's treated more as a sickness than a mutation.

I have made a sub-system for corruption/mutations and integrated it well with taint from HoH. It features some bizzare mutations from ADOM, Dungeon Crawl and new ones. But there is one fatal flaw - it's in russian :smallannoyed:

Hmm... how did you integrate them? Maybe I could do something similar...

randomhero00
2010-11-21, 10:23 PM
Hmm... okay. I found the taint system in HoH, but it doesn't really seem to be what I'm looking for, as it's treated more as a sickness than a mutation.

Not quite what you're looking for but you could look into defiling from..I can't remember atm. But you drain all the life around you, permanently for boosted power. It wouldn't be hard to refluff this into more of a constant and have the boost be more permanent.

Sdonourg
2010-11-21, 10:41 PM

Taint remains the same. In case of mutations, you get a mutation, when you eat flesh of mutagenic creature (naga, beholder, and so on), when you drink a potion of mutation (crafting is described), or when you miscast a transmutation spell of 5th level or higher due to ASF there is a 30% chance of getting mutation. Many mutation have stages. For example, mutation "thick-skinned" can give DR 1/-, 2/- or 3/-. There are many ways to resist and cure mutations.
My players like my mutation system, and some other DMs use it too. I could translate it and post in Homebrew section, but my english is horrible :smallfrown:.

RndmNumGen
2010-11-21, 10:53 PM
Your English seems good to me, though I won't ask you to post it if you don't want to.

Hmm... I wonder if there would be another way to fairly impose miscasts other than ASF.

Sdonourg
2010-11-21, 11:05 PM
Your English seems good to me, though I won't ask you to post it if you don't want to.

Hmm... I wonder if there would be another way to fairly impose miscasts other than ASF.

Thanks :smallwink:, I'll translate and post it. It will take 1-2 days. And about miscasts... there is a mutation for this :smallbiggrin:.

EDIT: Done translating http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176850