PDA

View Full Version : people doing faq`s for games

Sewercop
2010-11-21, 08:58 PM
makes me wanna scream to them. At least until i realize that I am on the internet. That`s when I consider dropkicking the computer... good riddance you know. Usually I just wonder how on earth my hobby(this one) survive the people working with erratas and faqs. How do you get a job like that by the way?
I know some people way more qualified than most of those working with it...

I am not pointing a finger at one game, I am pointing it at all games.
How come you enlist people that would like to destroy our hobby?

Phew, that felt good. Any one else that feels the same way?

Ps: I consider this to be 95% correct for all games.I have no proof of this,But until proven otherwise(and I might still believe you wrong) I say :AHHHHHHHh

The Dark Fiddler
2010-11-21, 09:02 PM
I don't mean to be rude, but what was the point of your post? I don't quite get what you're trying to say. Something about FAQs and errata, evidently, and it makes you angry, but... why?

Endarire
2010-11-21, 09:07 PM
You're seemingly saying you don't like knowledgeable people helping people. Is this correct?

Psyren
2010-11-21, 09:09 PM
Obvious... something... is quite obvious.

EDIT: I can't tell if the OP is angry about FAQs/errata in general, or just that the ones we have gotten aren't well-done enough. (I hope it's the latter.)

Roderick_BR
2010-11-21, 09:14 PM
And how does this "destroy the hobby"? Really, I'm just curious.

Starbuck_II
2010-11-21, 09:14 PM
makes me wanna scream to them. At least until i realize that I am on the internet. That`s when I consider dropkicking the computer... good riddance you know. Usually I just wonder how on earth my hobby(this one) survive the people working with erratas and faqs. How do you get a job like that by the way?
I know some people way more qualified than most of those working with it...

I am not pointing a finger at one game, I am pointing it at all games.
How come you enlist people that would like to destroy our hobby?

Phew, that felt good. Any one else that feels the same way?

Ps: I consider this to be 95% correct for all games.I have no proof of this,But until proven otherwise(and I might still believe you wrong) I say :AHHHHHHHh

Can you describe why you hate FAQs?
Why does it destroy the hobby?
I feel you have the wrong idea what FAQs are: Frequently Asked Questions.

They have no way to get the info so they ask experts. Yes, there are cases when they are wrong (they are human), but they help resolve the questions.

Better than having to ask DM and stump him (since sometimes they are ones asking questions).

erikun
2010-11-21, 09:23 PM
I... don't see much of a problem with getting answers for questions that are frequently asked. :smallconfused: Yes, I admit that I could have lived without discovering the wonder that is drown healing. On the other hand, questions like "Does my 1st level Ranger with +8 in Knowledge (geography) qualify for Horizon Walker?" is something that does get asked a lot, and it's a good idea to see what the designers had in mind for a correct answer.

I mean, the whole point of buying a gaming system is for a system that someone else has taken the time to put together. You'd probably want to know what they were thinking, at least until you are familiar enough with it to take it apart.

Crow
2010-11-21, 09:32 PM
I am guessing that the FAQ or errata castrated the uber-rules-lawyer-combo that he liked to exploit.

Claudius Maximus
2010-11-21, 11:01 PM
I am guessing that the FAQ or errata castrated the uber-rules-lawyer-combo that he liked to exploit.

It doesn't have to be such a negative motivation.

I don't play the game myself, but I've heard grumblings about bad and opinionated errata for Exalted. Presumably that sort of thing happens for other games on occasion, and I could see that being annoying. Still, even if that exists, I don't see why you couldn't just ignore it and continue playing just as you see fit.

Psyren
2010-11-22, 12:15 AM
If his complaint is about things like ToB errata or CPsi then I sympathize, but if that is the case the OP needs serious rewording. If it's just about FAQs/wikis/walkthroughs etc. in general, then his quarrel seems to be with the internet as a whole :smalltongue: