PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose spells

Jallorn
2010-11-21, 09:45 PM
Hey, so I'm making a character for an epic game, and I need a little help with spells, since I don't play spellcasters much. Specifically, I have a 20th level Sorcerer's spells known and 23 Psion (Egoist) powers of any level, I need advice on which ones to pick.

Some background info on this character: I've got Warlock casting up to level 40 (Why yes, we are using Gestalt and homebrew) with a focus on the Eldritch blast, so I've got 2 touch attacks per round that can do 19d6 damage and 4 negative levels each in a burst, chain, or cone, so blasting is mostly covered there. I also have spontaneous casting of almost any cleric spell (those restricted to domains I don't have aren't included), and I have chosen the following powers for my Psion casting:

Level 1: Entangling Ectoplasm, Attraction, Telemapthic Projection, Empathy, Psionic Daze, Force Screen
Level 2: Empathic Transfer, Ego Whip, Psionic Tongues, Mental Disruption
Level 3: Hustle, Ectoplasmic Form, Energy Wall, Psionic Blast
Level 4: Psionic Freedom of Movement, Mindwipe, Psionic Reformation, Wall of Ectoplasm, Psionic Modify Memory
Level 5: Catapsi, Incarnate, Power Resistance, Psychic Crush, Mind Probe
Level 6: Mass Cloud Mind, Psionic Contingency, Aura Alteration, Temporal Acceleration, Stygian Bolt
Level 7: Fission, Divert Teleport, Insanity
Level 8: Fusion, Psionic Greater Teleport, Recall Death, Mind Seed
Level 9: Greater Metamorphosis, Reality Revision, Assimilate, Genesis, True Creation

I also have all I need as far as skills go, and my AC doesn't really need to be any higher. For those interested, this is my sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=247713) for you to look at.

Oh, and I have Greater Invisibility at will.

And 6 sorcerer/wizard spells of up to 9th level that I can change every day.

Crow
2010-11-21, 09:50 PM
Well let me tell you this, buddy. In epic, you are going to want some form of "blasting"...specifically the power "crystal shards" (or something like that). Psions have it rough in epic when it comes to trying to use powers that allow a save. Epic saves scale much faster than your ability to pump DC unless your DM is allowing Epic Spellcasting Fortify cheese.

Jallorn
2010-11-21, 09:54 PM
But I've got Blasting from the Warlock...

Also all Cleric spells.

I'm looking for things everyone agrees are useful, but are also not available in some form to the Cleric.

Crow
2010-11-21, 09:57 PM
Sorry dude, I misunderstood your original post. I missed that all those abilities were coming from the same character.

Jallorn
2010-11-21, 10:00 PM
Ah, okay, that makes sense then.

Jallorn
2010-11-22, 02:15 PM
Kabubumpo.