PDA

View Full Version : The Black Dragons' Den [New Management!]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Lucky
2006-10-14, 10:56 PM
The Black Dragons' Den

This old warehouse by the docks has numerous secret passageways and tunnels. When you walk in, you see a freshly cleaned interior that actually looks somewhat welcoming.

The sign shows a large black dragon with the words The Black Dragons' Den underneath.

A large sign on the door reads: No Cats! Cats welcome!

We have:

Drinks:
*Ale: 1 copper
*Strong Ale: 2 coppers
*Rum: 1 copper
*Whiskey: 2coppers
*Mrog: 2 coppers
*Port-Wine: 3 coppers
*Rat Mead: 1 copper

Food:
*Fish:2 coppers
*Bread:2 coppers
*Soup:2 coppers

Mushrooms:
*Shiitake: 1 copper
*Oyster: 1 copper
*Portabella: 2 copper
*Porcini: 2 copper
*Chanterelle: 2 copper
*Morel: 3 copper
*Psilosyben (funky): 5 gold

Rat mead is a foul, black contoction with unknown ingredients. Anyone who can down a whole glass (DC 17 fortitude save) is able to get free drinks for the night.

We brew all our own stuff. Our meals are likewise made here.

The gambling scene is lively here, with craps, three-dragon ante, and darts, among other things.
[hr]
We certainly do not hold knife-fights in the ring in the back. Come early for a ringside seat. Gambling is permitted. Anyone caught betting against themselves will be killed.
Current Fighters:
Face Ninja, Kain.
[hr]
The secret tunnel in our closet may or may not lead to the Shadow Depths. Watch out down there.
[hr]
Our servers are all NPC goblins. They are: Blackeye, Hooktooth, and Daggernose.
Our cook is a goblin woman named
Sicklewort. She is also looking after her newborn, Rittleclaw.
Our NPC bouncer is Gnarl, the orc.

Lucky
2006-10-14, 10:57 PM
"Shall we?"

Naturally, let's find us some customers.

AmberVael
2006-10-14, 10:58 PM
((You might want to remove the poor man's special and the dead man's special, since they are actually part of the assassin's guild, which you are no longer associated with.))

Lucky
2006-10-14, 10:59 PM
((Right... yet. ;)))

Corellon
2006-10-14, 11:11 PM
Dalerion grins and, with a sweeping bow to all assembled and a friendly grin at Gnarl, he spins on his heel and saunters out of The Den

Lucky
2006-10-15, 12:51 AM
Traven enters the Den.

Alright! Listen up gobbos! We have a ad to make!...

Traven takes a look around the place, and sighs.

...And before we do, we're changing the name to something more interesting, and making this place look at least half-nice. We keep all the illegal stuff in the back, so that can stay the same, but the front need not look like there's illegal activities everywhere.

Daggernose speaks up. Er, yessir! We'll mop 'er up!

Traven nods. I expect no less. I'll be back. Don't do anything stupid.

[hr]

Traven flies in and hurries to the back room, and goes to sleep.

Lucky
2006-10-15, 12:11 PM
I'm out for a bit! Traven yells at the goblins as he walks out the door, having woken up only a few minutes before.

[hr]

Traven runs into the Den. Battle stations goblins! He yells as he draws his daggers and turns to face the door.

The goblins scramble around and fetch various forks and knifes, Gnarl grabs his harpoon and gets ready. Don't kill him, I just want to talk.

Daedrous Avari
2006-10-15, 12:37 PM
Daedrous stands near the entrance, awaiting Cathrindir.

Cathrindir
2006-10-15, 12:38 PM
Cathrindir leaps into the Den, breathing heavily. He looks at Traven, eyes blazing.
"You--"

Daedrous Avari
2006-10-15, 12:39 PM
"I suggest taking the Epic Speed feat. Now, Cathrindir, what did he do?"

Lucky
2006-10-15, 12:40 PM
Hello... what it is... Cathrindir? Traven says with a smirk. You wanted to talk? Then I suppose we should talk.

I tried to steal his canoe, there! I said it! I tried to steal a damn canoe! Laugh all you want! Traven says to Daedrous.

Daedrous Avari
2006-10-15, 12:42 PM
Daedrous walks off.

Cathrindir
2006-10-15, 12:43 PM
Cathrindir briefly nods goodbye to Daedrous. "Oh, yes, I want to talk. Not about the damn canoe. You held a knife at one of my Cleric's throats and told him you would bury it in his heart." Cathrindir glares at Traven. "Why?"

Lucky
2006-10-15, 12:46 PM
Traven sighs as he sits down at the bar. Because he got in my way, I hate this Town, I wanted out. So I needed a boat, he was in my way, I threatened him seeing as I thought it would be the best course of action.

Cathrindir
2006-10-15, 12:46 PM
Cathrindir raises an eyebrow. "You could have just asked me if you could use the canoe."

Lucky
2006-10-15, 12:49 PM
Traven rolls his eyes at this suggestion. Oh yeah, like you'd give it too me! See, there's a snag, I would never be bringing it back, and with how highly your clerics held that canoe, I doubt that would of gone over very well.

AmberVael
2006-10-15, 12:52 PM
The Dancing Man comes in and aims his bazooka at the two men uncertainly.

Cathrindir
2006-10-15, 12:54 PM
Cathrindir sighs. "The canoe's replacable. I would have taken, however, money away from their current paychecks had they lost the canoe to you. If I had given it to you, the person at fault would be me, and as I'm the highest authority in the Temple, I don't get paid. Therefore, I've got nothing to lose besides the canoe, which can be replaced. Make sense?" Cathrindir turns to the Dancing Man. "Er...what are you doing?"

Lucky
2006-10-15, 12:55 PM
Yeah, one second...

DON'T POINT THAT THING AT ME!!! Traven yells at the odd man as he runs into the back room.

AmberVael
2006-10-15, 12:56 PM
The Dancing Man laughs a shrill, creepy laugh and three cows fly out of the bazooka, mooing loudly.
((They explode on contact with anything other than the ground))

Cathrindir
2006-10-15, 12:57 PM
Cathrindir watches the cows.
"..." He doesn't even try to say anything.

Lucky
2006-10-15, 12:58 PM
Traven quickly follows the secret tunnel into the Shadow Depths.

((Got to run guys... Don't destroy the Den too badly... I just got it yesterday.))

AmberVael
2006-10-15, 12:58 PM
The cows roll their eyes madly and trot towards Cath, still mooing.
((Don't worry, the game resets after it is over. ;)))

Cathrindir
2006-10-15, 12:59 PM
Cathrindir steps to the side away from the cows, still confused and a little freaked out.

AmberVael
2006-10-15, 01:00 PM
The cows explode on the wall behind him, taking out large chunks of the tavern and sending waves of fire at Cath.

Cathrindir
2006-10-15, 01:02 PM
Cathrindir raises yet another eyebrow and snaps his fingers, teleporting himself away. As soon as the waves go away, he appears back.
"What was that for?"

AmberVael
2006-10-15, 01:03 PM
The Dancing Man pulls out grenade with a cross on it and gets ready to pull the pin.

Cathrindir
2006-10-15, 01:04 PM
Cathrindir, seeing the grenade, sighs and disappears again.

AmberVael
2006-10-15, 01:06 PM
The Dancing Man pulls out a strange little device and sticks a yellow card in it, and he vanishes as well.

Corellon
2006-10-15, 01:27 PM
Dalerion walks out of one of the cleaner back rooms, shutting the door behind him with a snap. He looks freash and alert, if still rather dirty. Turning from the door, he returns his rapier to it's usual place at his side before looking around the Den. Taking the large chunks of missing tavern in stride, he catches Daggernose's eye and waves him over.

"Dagg'rnose. Tell me, wha' 'zactly 'appened t'at 'alf 'o th'Den?"

Daggernose explains hurriedly.

"There was this man, sir, what came right in and started firing exploding cows at Master Darseth and another fellow he was arguin' with."

Dalerion raises an eyebrow.

"We 'avn't even 'ad this thing f'one day, an' 'e's already blowin' chunks outta' 'er gettin' inta' a barfigh' with some cows. I 'ope 'e realizes this's comin' out 'o 'is side 'o the profits."

Dalerion looks around the Den once more.

"Where's Traven now?"

Daggernose gestures off towards one of the back rooms and leans close, whispering in Dalerion's ear.

"Back that way, sir. There's a secret tunnel there; leads to the shadows depths. I expect he'll be back out in short order though, sir.

Dalerion nods and thanks Daggernose before flipping him a couple gold coins. Daggernose bows and scampers back off behind the counter. Dalerion nods to himself before turning and leaving the Den via one of the large holes in the wall.

AmberVael
2006-10-15, 02:06 PM
The holes vanish, as if they had never been.

Lucky
2006-10-15, 04:35 PM
Traven walks out from the back, dusting himself off, he takes a look around, surprised that the Den is not destroyed. He turns to question Daggernose. Is Sleepy up yet?

Yessir!

Where is he now?

Dunno, he went that way. Daggernose says, pointing to the wall.

He walked through the wall? Nevermind, I don't want to know.
He shakes hs head as he walks towards the door, throwing it open before stepping through and slamming it behind him.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-15, 05:28 PM
Destro walks into the tavern. He drops ten copies of a flyer advertising the den on the counter along with a note:

INVOICE
10 copies, standard flyer rate: 1 silver.
Please deliver payment to Destro's Document Copying as soon as possible.
Thank You.

He then leaves.

Lucky
2006-10-15, 05:43 PM
Traven returns from his search for Dalerion without any luck, he spots the flyers on the bar. He picks them up and reads the note, and leaves the Den without a word to the goblins.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-10-15, 09:15 PM
*Atreyu pushes open the door with a hoof and glances around. He looks a little nervous, but tries not to show it as he steps into the place, glancing nervously.*

"I was told that here was a good place for some soup?"

Lucky
2006-10-15, 09:18 PM
Daggernose rushes behind the bar and greets the llama. 'ello sir! We 'ave very good soup!

Aye! Sicklewort! Someone wants soup! He yells into the back.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-10-15, 09:24 PM
"Umm....what's in the soup? I really just want someting with veggies in it." *He seems to relax a bit.* "My wizard put me on diet. Something about not fitting into the saddle anymore." *He blushes a bit.*

Lucky
2006-10-15, 09:27 PM
O' course sir!
Aye! Sicklewort! Make that veggie soup!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-10-15, 09:35 PM
"Great"

*he looks around and sees the ad for the knife fights. He grimaces a bit, but shrugs. After all, its probably not much worse than jousting.*

"Any good fights going on soon? Its been awhile since we've had a contest of skill in Town."

Lucky
2006-10-15, 09:45 PM
Er... I'm sorrai sir, I don't know what sort of knife fights you're talking about. Daggernose says, then he looks around. Aye, who I am kiddin'? No one's 'round here. Unfortunately not at the moment sir, since Renrik left and left me in charge we 'aven't 'ad any customers. Hopefully them new guys 'ill change that.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-10-15, 09:57 PM
"Awwww" "new guys? Who's that? And when did they get new guys?"

(ooh, a chance to catch up on what all happened when I was away)

Lucky
2006-10-15, 10:03 PM
Daggernose scratches his head. I dunno where they came from, but one came in and ordered a drink, insulted us goblins, an' then a fight broke out with 'im an' Gnarl over there. He gestures to a large orc with a harpoon by the door. Another one showed up durin' the fight an' joined in. I dun really remember the details from there, but it ended up with all of us gettin' a 10% raise, so I can't complain. Daggernose shrugs and goes into the back, coming back out with a bowl of hot veggie soup. That'll be two coppa sir!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-10-15, 10:14 PM
*He opens a pouch and dumps out a few items including 2 rings and an axe handle. He looks at the items with a sigh and mumbles about unfinished plots. Then he pulls out 2 coppers and gives them to the goblin. He looks at his remaining copper and gives it to Daggernose as a tip.*

"here ya go. Thanks for the information." *he tries to sound dark and mysterious as he says this.*

*then he goes to licking at his soup.*

Lucky
2006-10-15, 10:19 PM
Daggernose smiles at the tip. Dun normally see those 'round here, thanks a bunch sir. Enjoy your soup, Mr. Darseth wants me working.

He picks up his mop again and resumes cleaning the Den.

Renrik
2006-10-15, 11:07 PM
((Wow.. this place really turned around... there are customers now... and they aren;t just here to get people assassinated. Sweeet.))

Lucky
2006-10-15, 11:20 PM
((Yeah, sorry about the whole takeover thing, just thought this place has too much potetial to die. If Renrik wants a job, he's welcome to it.))

Renrik
2006-10-15, 11:21 PM
((Nonsense. I'm going off on a massive assassination plot against the most powerful man in the Northlands. If anything, I'm glad someone was able to turn this place into a successful buisiness.))

AmberVael
2006-10-15, 11:23 PM
((All this because I yoinked an NPC. *Sniff* I feel so proud))

Lucky
2006-10-15, 11:27 PM
(( ::)))

Traven flies to the Den, landing outside the door. He pushes the door open and walks inside. His eyes widen as he notices they have a customer, but he's too worked up to go greet them. He walks to his room in the back and tries to sleep.

((Night all.))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-10-15, 11:30 PM
(time for bed, goodnight everyone.)

*the llama finishes up his soup, bleats in happiness that he didn't die while in here and that the soup was pretty tasty. Then he heads out the door after saying goodbye to the goblins*

Lucky
2006-10-17, 04:38 PM
Traven walks out of the back room and heads to the front. Any other customers recently? He addresses towards Daggernose.

Daggernose just shakes his head wearily.

Damn. We need to get those ads up, oh, and that sign needs changing. I came up with a more interesting name, and that rat... needs to go. Traven walks outside and looks at the sign. Carefully scaling the walls he grabs the sign and takes it down.

I'll be back in a bit. Traven says as he walks into the back.

[hr]

Traven walks back out carrying a different sign. Been working on this for the past day, finally done. He walks outside a mutters a word in Auran, flying up to where the sign used to be and replacing it with the new one.

Black Dragons' Den

Perfect. He heads to the Town.

Lucky
2006-10-18, 04:56 PM
Traven walks out of the tunnel to the Shadow Depths. He approaches Daggernose. The previous owner if this place, did he talk to you about the about the owner of the Black Market?

Yessir, a Mr. Hydrogelic, some weird mix of races, gnome, dwarf and elf methinks.

Psst. I'll have to watch out for him, he better turn up soon, or the Black Market will become part of the Darseth Corp. I can assure you that.

Traven angrily walks out.

jaqueses
2006-10-18, 05:06 PM
*The tabby finally wakes up from its sleep. It raises its nose to the air and begins sniffing around. It looks towards the door and what could be considered a smile appears on its face. It leaps done from the bar and threads its way through the patrons and outside.*

EloquentRune
2006-10-18, 07:12 PM
E_R walks in and sits at a table and thumbs through his Three-Dragon Ante deck

Daggernose walks over "Want a drink?"

"Yeah bring me something strong"

Lucky
2006-10-18, 07:24 PM
Comin' right up sir! Daggernose pours a drink and places it in front of Eloquent Rune.
Two copper, please sir.

Traven walks in at that moment, pouring himself some ale, he turns and notices Eloquent Rune. Oh... I didn't see you there, welcome to The Black Dragons' Den! I'm the owner of this establishment, Traven Darseth. You are?

EloquentRune
2006-10-18, 07:38 PM
"I am Eloquent Rune and I am a player of Three-Dragon Ante it is nice to see an establishment where it played in this town."

Pays the 2 copper

Lucky
2006-10-18, 07:42 PM
Good to hear it, tell your buddies, now if you'll excuse me, I have business to take care of. Traven walks off to the back.

Daggernose speaks up again. Anything else sir? Sorry we dun have any other players at the moment to play ya a game, but one day we'll have plenty! He says that with much confidence.

EloquentRune
2006-10-18, 07:53 PM
Na... its alright, I'm fine but thanks I need to get goin'..."

Drinks it all in one swig and leaves

AmberVael
2006-10-18, 08:29 PM
Earin stops outside and notes the new management sign. With a frown he steps to one side of the building, and suddenly bursts with darkness. When he comes in front of the building, he looks like an interesting version of the Face Ninja, with black garb and spikey white hair and white skin. He walks inside, intent on getting the respect he once had there.
"Its been a while." he comments to no one in particular.
Daggernose scurries over.
Wha' wouldya like?
"I think some wine would suit me. Thank you." His voice is almost a sneer.
Daggernose scurries off and brings some wine back. Earin takes it and opens it to let it breath for a moment. Daggernose fidgits.
"Yes?"
Thas 5 si'ver, sir.
Earin's eyes narrow.
"I drink for free here. Or do you not remember the prize knife fighter?"
Daggernose whimpers a little.
New man'gemen', new ru'es. Don' hur' me.
Earin drops five silver with a bit of a growl.
"I will let it slide. This once. But tell these new managers that the Face Ninja is displeased. I think I'll leave them a note, in fact."
He slips a dagger out of his sleeve and hurls it into the knife fighter list. He waves a hand towards it and it warps, and his name appears on the blade. The dagger is stuck quite fast into the wood wall.
"Let them know that the prize fighter wants his priveleges back... and wants to know why they are now in charge."
He whips out the door.

Lucky
2006-10-18, 09:08 PM
Traven comes out from the back. Still no sign of Hydrogelic. He says angrily. Noticing Daggernose's nervousness he questions him. Now what?

Daggernose just points to the dagger in the wall.

What is this? Face Ninja?

Yessir, he wants to be a contestant again, and he wants he free drinks.

Very well, tell me what this Face Ninja looks like...

5 minutes later Traven walks out of the Den to find a particular individual.

[hr]

Traven walks back in and takes a pen out from his pouch. He walks up to the knife fighter list and writes "Face Ninja" on it. I can see this will the start of a great relationship... He says sarcasically as he puts away the pen. Once more he leaves the Den.

[hr]

Traven, tired after a long day, heads to bed.

Lucky
2006-10-28, 03:22 PM
Traven steps out of the Shadowdepths into the Den. He sits at the bar for a few minutes before leaving, stepping out onto the Docks.
__________________________________________________ ____

Traven walks back into the Den, closely followed by Kain. He sits down at the bar and tells Daggernose to fetch 2 ales.

B-Man
2006-10-28, 04:03 PM
I don't believe that we have been formally introduced... other then that fight. I am Kain Starshadow.

Lucky
2006-10-28, 04:15 PM
Of course, my mistake. Traven waves his hand to the seat beside him, offering it to Kain. I am Traven Darseth, and if everything goes to plan, one day it will become a household name in this pitiful town.

B-Man
2006-10-28, 04:19 PM
Kain takes the seat and says, Traven Darseth, huh? Well, you fight well, I'll give you that. I don't want to work for somebody weak. He pulls out a knife from his coat and begins to trim his nail. What sort of work do you have for me?

Lucky
2006-10-28, 04:22 PM
I should have many oppurtunities for work within the Darseth Empire soon. For now however...

How well can you use a knife? Traven smiles slightly.

wxdruid
2006-10-28, 04:26 PM
Arha walks in and takes a look around. She eyes the current patrons and finds a seat where she can watch the door. She sits to her best advantage with legs crossed and one thigh showing.

B-Man
2006-10-28, 04:29 PM
After Arha walks into the Den and the door closes, Kain says to Traven, Did you see that crack on the door? Kain points to it and then throws his knife straight into the crack. Bulls eye!

wxdruid
2006-10-28, 04:30 PM
Arha takes out her athame and idly pricks her fingers with it, sucking the blood off.

TheHawk
2006-10-28, 04:31 PM
stalks in

Ale He barks at Daggernose

glances around the room

wxdruid
2006-10-28, 04:32 PM
Arha eyes Hawk as he enters and looks through the menu

Lucky
2006-10-28, 04:35 PM
Excellent, that should do nicely. He glances around. 2 customers now? Wonderful! Please excuse me, Kain, have Daggernose get you whatever you want. Traven heads over to Arha as Daggernose quickly fetches the newcomer's Ale.

Greetings miss, what can my establishment offer you?

TheHawk
2006-10-28, 04:35 PM
Grabs his ale from Daggernose and grins fiercly at Ahra.
Settles down in a chair.

wxdruid
2006-10-28, 04:36 PM
Arha smiles slowly back at Hawk before she turns to Traven "What's the best drink you have?"

B-Man
2006-10-28, 04:38 PM
((Back in a bit, need to get dinner))

Kain gets Daggernose to get him fish and another ale.

TheHawk
2006-10-28, 04:39 PM
Here there's no such thing as a good drink. Just keep away from the rat mead.

wxdruid
2006-10-28, 04:41 PM
"I'll have what he's having then" as she motions towards Hawk

Lucky
2006-10-28, 04:42 PM
Traven raises an eyebrow at Hawk. You wouldn't, by chance, know Renrik would you? Your statemant is true for the moment, but it will change with time. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have business to attend to. He heads towards the back room.

((Be back in an hour or so.))

TheHawk
2006-10-28, 04:44 PM
By chance I used to work for Renrik.

Absently carves the masked troupe sign on the table.

wxdruid
2006-10-28, 04:45 PM
He brings back her Ale, Arha sets down the money. She sips it, while watching the other patrons

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 04:45 PM
In the corner of the bar Gnarl the Orc Bouncer watches everyone with cold, seemingly feral eyes.

TheHawk
2006-10-28, 04:48 PM
Smiles coldly at Gnarl.

wxdruid
2006-10-28, 04:51 PM
Arha runs one hand up her thigh and picks up her athame again.

B-Man
2006-10-28, 05:01 PM
Kain finishes his meal walks up to the door and retrieves his knife and sits back down.

wxdruid
2006-10-28, 05:04 PM
Arha pricks another finger and lets a few drops of blood fall into her ale before taking another drink.

TheHawk
2006-10-28, 05:06 PM
gets up and leaves

wxdruid
2006-10-28, 05:11 PM
Arha finishes her drink and leaves with a swish of her skirts.

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 05:28 PM
Vael walks inside and looks around curiously. He immediately identifies the atmosphere and supresses a grin. With a small flick of his bright teal cloak he bows to everyone and sits in a prominent seat. His keen eyes watch the few people in the tavern.

wxdruid
2006-10-28, 05:44 PM
Arha comes back in and gracefully sinks into a seat near the rear of the room. She takes a quick look around and smiles.

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 05:48 PM
Vael notes Arha's entrance, and mentally narrows his eyes. Outwardly he seems rather ignorant of the nature of the tavern and the people in it. Daggernose creeps over to him and grovels a little.
Wha' would'ya be havin' te drink, sir?
Vael considers.
I think rum would suit me.
He places a silver piece in Daggernose's hand, who goggles before scurrying off.
Vael leans back in his chair and closes his eyes slightly.

wxdruid
2006-10-28, 05:53 PM
Arha idly pulls out her dagger, pricks a finger and starts drawing on the table in blood.

Lucky
2006-10-28, 05:55 PM
Traven walks back out to the bar. Hooktooth! Blackeye! In the back now, you have a few boxes to move, just came in today. Whatever you do, don't open them! Hooktooth and Blackeye scurry off quietly to the back rooms. Traven looks around. Damnit! Where did that guy go? I needed to talk to him. Traven shakes his head and sits next to Kain again. Alright, you have your first job with that fine display. Follow me. Traven grabs his ale and heads to the back rooms. Before he reaches the door, he stops and approaches Arha. Excuse me, but I like my tables without blood on them. Unless of course you'd like to buy the table, where then you can continue.

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 05:57 PM
Daggernose hustles back and places some change and the rum on Vael's table. Vael brushes the extra copper back towards Daggernose casually.
Thats for you, good goblin.
He picks up his tankard and drinks a little, looking around. His eyes light briefly on the knife fighter ledger and he raises an eyebrow. Eventually he looks over at Arha and shows a little disgust at her current occupation.

wxdruid
2006-10-28, 05:59 PM
Arha notices and smirks, licking her fingers clean and putting the knife back away.

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 06:01 PM
Vael unobtrusively watches Traven, while appearing to look at Arha.

B-Man
2006-10-28, 06:02 PM
Kain follows Traven into the back rooms.

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 06:05 PM
Vael seems to hear something, and he looks towards the door.

wxdruid
2006-10-28, 06:06 PM
Arha slowly smiles at Vael and cleans up her drawings with her napkin. She tucks the napkin away.

Lucky
2006-10-28, 06:06 PM
Better. Traven says as he eyes Arha. He walks back to the door leading to the back and opens it and steps through, waiting for Kain to pass through, then closing it.

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 06:10 PM
Vael's eyes flick back to Arha despite himself.

wxdruid
2006-10-28, 06:12 PM
She just smiles and shifts in her seat, showing a bit more leg.

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 06:14 PM
Vael's jaw tenses and he firmly turns his head away and watches the door.

wxdruid
2006-10-28, 06:15 PM
Arha just smirks as she pushes some hair back over her shoulder

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 06:18 PM
Your style lacks finesse, Arha.
Vael continues watching the door.

wxdruid
2006-10-28, 06:19 PM
"I still get what I want."

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 06:21 PM
Only from fools like Kyrian.
Vael looks back around towards her, staring into her eyes coldly.
What have you come here for?

wxdruid
2006-10-28, 06:22 PM
"For business and pleasure"

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 06:25 PM
Don't play games with me, Arha; I've been doing this far longer than you have. Now what exactly are you doing here?
Something about him suddenly makes him more sinister than polite and formal.

wxdruid
2006-10-28, 06:29 PM
"Since you know me so well," Arha smiles slyly, "I'm just here to corrupt a certain individual, and no it isn't Kyrian."

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 06:31 PM
Who?
Vael's voice rings hard and cold.

wxdruid
2006-10-28, 06:32 PM
"I'm afraid that's my business."

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 06:34 PM
I think you mistake who is in control of this situation.
Vael stands slowly, and his form begins to flicker slightly.

wxdruid
2006-10-28, 06:35 PM
"I think you're wrong" Arha turns gaseous and leaves

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 06:38 PM
Vael's form suddenly turns entirely incoporeal, and he instantly puts full force into his detect thoughts ability to try and determine her location, if not her thoughts. He also quickly manifests a touchsight to give himself a full 200ft of blindsight as he races after her.

B-Man
2006-10-28, 06:47 PM
Kain walks out of the back room and heads for the door. But before he leaves, he pulls out a knife from his coat and jams it into the door. I shall return for this Traven, don't remove it 'til I'm back. He then leaves.

Lucky
2006-10-28, 06:50 PM
Traven steps back out into the bar, and turns to Kain. Take your time, I'll keep it safe. He removes it from the door as he looks around to see that his customers have left. Gone so soon? Odd.

Daggernose comes up to Traven. Sir, I thin' there somet'ing I should tell ya. Da lady spoke of "corrupt'ing" someone, but she didn't say who.

Traven looks down at him and shakes his head. Don't worry about it, as long as it's not one of us, we have nothing to worry about.

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 06:51 PM
Vael walks back in the tavern, looking rather irritated. He sticks his hand in his pocket and fiddles with something.

Lucky
2006-10-28, 06:54 PM
Traven turns to Vael, pocketing the knife for the moment. Hello stranger, haven't seen you around before. Name's Traven Darseth, and as you may know I run this place.

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 06:56 PM
The name is Vael, and actually I was under the impression that Renrik owned The Den until I came here tonight.
His hand stays in his pocket and he seems slightly distracted.

Lucky
2006-10-28, 06:59 PM
Traven shakes his head. Renrik was gone even before I showed up. He had left it to Daggernose, and I don't know how capable he is of running this joint on his own. It was for the best, I assure you.

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 07:01 PM
I see, I see.
He sits back down at his table and returns to his corporeal state with a vaguely perceptible snap.

Lucky
2006-10-28, 07:08 PM
Traven raises an eyebrow as Vael becomes corporeal state again. Yeah... I have some things to check on... He heads to the back room.

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 07:44 PM
Vael watches Traven go with a sense of relief, and draws out the fist sized spherical ruby he had found earlier in the day.
What secrets do you hold?
He again pulls off his glove and holds it, but still feels that something is missing. With a sigh he gazes into its crimson depths.

In the middle of Vael's contemplation, Daggernose drops a glass he had been cleaning, the noise shattering the uneasy silence. In a reflex habit, Vael flicks to his temporary corporeal state to access his psionics, his hand still on the ruby.
Suddenly the ruby lets out a pulse of light, and Vael snaps his eyes back to it. Daggernose realizes that something is a bit strange, and probably dangerous, so he shuffles into the backroom.
Gnarl, being the superstitious orc he is, makes a sign to war off evil and back further into his dark corner, fingering his harpoon.
Vael stares into the ruby and the red light glows. Suddenly the ruby seems to melt and flow into Vael's skin, and he grits his teeth against apparently great pain. His eyes flash a glowing, vibrant red for a moment, and then he collapses on the table.

After a few moments, some unknown force seems to pluck at Vael, and he begins to change in various ways. His flowing silver hair suddenly groups together in orange-brown locks, and his eyes undergo a change from amber to a sheer red. His equipment changes, becoming sharper, more defined, and no longer teal, but also red. Two strange, foriegn swords now hang from his belt. His features have been changed similarly to his equipment, presenting a bold and striking figure.
But the most obvious change is the sudden presence of flaming, ethereal wings that protrude from his back. They wave in flowing, gentle patterns continually, as if fanned by contending breezes.
((Yes, this is the new sig avvie))
He wakes up and looks around, smiling joyously, and then he sees his location.
By the Celestials, what am I doing here?
He stands up contemptously and walks out the door.

B-Man
2006-10-29, 01:18 PM
Cybil enters the Den, orders a wine, and sits at a table.

--------------------------------------------------

After her drink she leaves.

TheHawk
2006-10-29, 04:47 PM
Stalks in with a glare at Daggernose, who hastly fetches him his ale. He then takes a seat at one of the tables.

McBish
2006-10-29, 06:16 PM
Lillah, a attractive young women with short hair with streaks of purple, blue and indigo, enters the Den. She is flipping a single gold coin.

She sits at a card table with a group of rough looking men. She smiles to them and starts to play. She wins her first hand and continues winning more then losing. She hits some incredibly lucky hands. The men look uneasy at this.

TheHawk
2006-10-29, 06:33 PM
Leaves casualy, without paying.

Lucky
2006-10-29, 06:37 PM
Daggernose runs after Hawk. 'Cuse me Mr. Hawk, but Mr. Darseth wants everyone payin', even you and Face Ninja sir. I'm sorrai, I dun wan' to lose my job over this.

Right after Daggernose says that, Traven walks out from the back, followed by Blackeye and Hooktooth. Alright, that's done, now go polish some more counters or something, just work.

B-Man
2006-10-29, 06:43 PM
Cybil enters the Den and orders some soup.

McBish
2006-10-29, 06:46 PM
Lillah rakes in a big pot she has turned one gp to around 45. She turns and smiles at the men and heads to the bar. The men sit there grumbling slightly. She walks up to Traven and says "Hi there are you the owner of this establishment?"

Lucky
2006-10-29, 06:47 PM
Hooktooth scurries over to fetch Cybil's soup. Traven notices her and tries to remember where he'd seen her before. Crap, it's Kain's friend, the one he knocked out to...

((And... suppertime, be back soon.))

McBish
2006-10-29, 06:48 PM
"I can see your busy now I'll come back later." She smiles to him as she leaves. The men she was playing with stand up and follow her out.

B-Man
2006-10-29, 06:52 PM
Cybil takes a taste of the soup. She cringes, but continues to eat it. Do you know if a man named Kain came in the other day? Cybil asks Daggernose.

((Be back in a bit))

Lucky
2006-10-29, 07:17 PM
Daggernose scratches his head. Kain ya say? I dunno, few people were in 'ere yesterdai, what'd he look like?

B-Man
2006-10-29, 07:22 PM
Cybil describes what Kain looks like to Daggernose ((Avi on the left)). She continues to eat away at the soup.

Lucky
2006-10-29, 07:27 PM
((I have sigs disabled thanks to Gez's sig, but I saw it before.))

Ah, yessum, I think I seen him yesterday, he was talkin' with Mr. Dar- Daggernose looks over to Traven, who signals to him something. Er, 'e just came 'ere for a drink.

B-Man
2006-10-29, 07:30 PM
Cybil notices that Daggernose changed what he was going to say, but didn't notice that he glanced over at Traven. I would kindly ask to speak with the person that Kain was speaking with yesterday.

Lucky
2006-10-29, 07:32 PM
I dunno what yer talkin' 'bout, he jus' came in fer a drink. Daggernose says as Traven heads to the door into the backroom.

B-Man
2006-10-29, 07:34 PM
She holds out her hand and produces a fireball that remains motionless in her hand. I don't think I made myself clear. I want to speak with the person that Kain spoke with the other day. You were saying that he DID come in to speak with someone yesterday.

Lucky
2006-10-29, 07:39 PM
Fine, ye got me. But Mr. Darseth isn't here right now, he's out on... bus'ness. Daggernose fidgets slightly as he goes to clean out some mugs.

B-Man
2006-10-29, 07:43 PM
Cybil let's the fireball extinguish with sigh. She mutters to herself I really thought I could get some answers as to why Kain suddenly said that he was going to find a way to control his curse and up and leaves me... Cybil leaves the money for the soup on the counter and says to Daggernose Please tell Mr. Darseth that I wish to speak with him. He can find me at Trog's. With that, she leaves.

Lucky
2006-10-29, 07:47 PM
Traven walks out of the back, having listened to every word in the coversation. What do you think Daggernose? Think it's safe to talk to her?

Dun ask me sir, I'm no judge of people.

Just thought I ask someone, Dalerion's away on important business. Hopefully he'll be back soon.

Traven waits for a few minutes before heading to Trog's.

Kenyon
2006-10-29, 09:08 PM
A couple of men walk into the Den, and order the cheapest, hardest drinks on the menu. After dropping back a few, the two of them start talking shop.

"So, what're we gonna do with that guy?"

"Which guy?"

"Y'know, that gun guy's toadie. He can't make jack sh-"

"Oh, relax, will ya? He may not be able to make the stuff, but his boss can. As long as we have him, we have everything under control."

"Well yeah, Jase, but that guy's got friends. Remember what happened when we tried to kidnap HIM?"

Jase shudders. "Don't remind me. But that's the good thing about having a bargaining chip. Once the chips are down, he can always be a hostage! Besides, we've managed to make some weapons despite that guy not helping. We'll be able to fight that Kenyon guy on his own level."

"I hear that!"

The two men laugh and continue drinking.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-29, 09:17 PM
((Ooo, oo, plotline. YAY!))

Lucky
2006-10-29, 09:20 PM
((Plotline? PLOTLINE!? Your kind doesn't belong in the Den! Out! Out! :rolleyes: :D ;)))

Kenyon
2006-10-29, 09:21 PM
((Yep. I need to get this going before I wind up forgetting about it.:D

@^ Heh, blame Cathrindir for it. He gave me the idea. Besides, what's a bar without a little bar brawl, and potential mutilatio-whoops, saying too much...))

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-29, 09:26 PM
((Go wake up future Destro. He's getting bored, locked in his stasis bubble.))

Lucky
2006-10-29, 09:37 PM
Traven walks inside the Den and approaches Daggernose. Would you believe it? She makes a big fuss about speaking with me, says she'll be at Trog's, then doesn't even show up at the tavern! Some people need to learn to keep their word... Traven notices the customers. Oh, excuse me, I didn't see you there. Name's Traven Darseth, I run this establishment. You would be?

Kenyon
2006-10-29, 09:46 PM
((Argh, people always start wanting to interact when I'm doing really long posts! :D))

Some time later, Kenyon steps into the Den, trying not to draw attention to himself. At least, as little attention as a 6 foot 4 man with a chainsaw sword attached to his back can.

He approaches various NPCs around the Den, asking questions about people stealing weapons. Finally, one of them gestures to Jase and his buddy. Recognizing Jase at the bandaged man he held in his shop for some time, he makes his way over to the two as quietly as he can.

"So, you were stuck with that Kenyon guy for some time. What do you think of him?

"Honestly? The guy's a clever son of a gun, I'll give him that. But that's all he's got. Without his gun and the element of surprise, he's just an average guy."

"Really? He knocked the crap out of a few of our boys that first time.

"Ah, that was just a fluke. I'm tellin' you, man, give me five minutes with that hick, and they'll need a Bag of Holding to pick up the pieces!"

"...five minutes, eh?"

The men turn, and see Kenyon standing over them.

"Howdy, boys."

Kenyon wastes no time, grabbing a beer bottle, and smashing it over Jase's friend's head. He collapses on the table in a bleeding heap. Jase leaps out of his seat, and takes a swing at Kenyon. Kenyon smirks as he easily dodges the punch, grabs Jase at the wrist, and deftly twists his arm behind his back. Jase howls in pain, and Kenyon kicks him in the back of the knee, sending him to the ground, and face-first into the table.

"Well, that was a little anti-climactic! I was expectin' a bit more of a fight out of the two of you!"

"You lousy hick! I'm gonna kick your a-OWWW! Easy! Easy!"

"Alright, I'm not in the mood for pleasantries, so I'm gonna make this short and to the point. Tell me where you're keepin' Darryl and my stuff, or else!"

"Or else what?"

Kenyon pull his chainsword out from it's holster, and revs it up dangerously close to Jase's groin.

"Or else your family's legacy ends with you, Sunshine! Now gimme some answers!"

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-29, 09:52 PM
((Hey, you didn't come find me...:())

Lucky
2006-10-29, 09:53 PM
((Argh, people always start wanting to interact when I'm doing really long posts! :D))

[/color]

((Oh gee, my bad. Sorry for wanting to talk to people in my own bar. ;):p))

Traven watches as a fight breaks out, he smiles slightly. Gnarl, watch this, make sure no one breaks anything too valuable. Gnarl steps up to the table and grabs his harpoon, not making a move but standing nearby. Traven laughs and sits at the bar, watching the show.

Kenyon
2006-10-29, 09:54 PM
((Hey, you didn't come find me...:())

((Kenyon needed to do this one himself! I've had the poor guy getting beaten and kidnapped so much recently...

"You've got that right."

...shut up. He's been beat up so much recently, that I wanted to let him dispense a little Beach Justice before the big fight. I was going to wake Future Destro up on the way there.))

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-29, 09:58 PM
((Fair enough. He's woken himself up though, and is now just wandering around the streets waiting for Kenyon to show up.))

Kenyon
2006-10-29, 10:09 PM
The chainsword revs louder and louder, as Kenyon continues to threaten Jase.

"I'm not hearin' any answers! You WANT to live your life a eunuch, son?"

"Like hell I will! They'll kill me if I help you!"

"And I'LL kill you if you won't! And in case you forget, I'M the one here with the mechanical bladed object aimed for your junk!"

"You're not gonna kill me! I was with you, remember? You're too goody-goody for that sort of thing!" Jase's friend starts to regain conciousness without Kenyon seeming to notice, and pulls a knife out from his boot. "Of course, YOU'RE not going to be alive enough to try!"

Jase's friend lunges forward with the knife. However, Kenyon, with a single fluid movement, dodges the attack, and brings his sword down on the man's shoulder, disarming him.

Literally.

The man screams in pain as he holds the stump where his arm used to be, and falls to the ground. Kenyon's attention turns back to Jase.

"So. Where were we?"

"I'll lead you straight to them!"

"Now that's what I like to hear!" Kenyon pick up Jase by the shirt, and leads him out of the Den. "We're gonna take a couple of stops along the way, though. Need to pick up some friends..."

Jase's poor friend continues to writhe in pain on the ground.

Lucky
2006-10-29, 10:12 PM
Traven gets angered as he sees the blood pouring out on the floor. Damnit! I should of thrown them out! Now I have a mess to clean up! Or, for you three to clean up. He says pointing to the goblins. Oh, and Gnarl, the armless one... Do something with him. Gnarl steps towards the armless man and attempts to pick him up.

Kenyon
2006-10-29, 10:13 PM
The armless man is easily picked up, but his pained screams refuse to die down.

((I don't need this poor guy anymore. Feel free to have fun with him.))

B-Man
2006-10-29, 10:19 PM
Cybil walks into the Den and notices the blood on the floor. She walks around it and notices Traven. YOU!! she says in a snide tone at him while pointing at him.

Lucky
2006-10-29, 10:21 PM
Alright Gnarl that's- Cybil interupts him as she steps in. Bloody... Me? What about me? Do I know you? I suppose I do, don't I?

AmberVael
2006-10-29, 10:24 PM
((The NPCinator steps in and takes over his favorite NPC))
Gnarl waits for a moment, then steps to the doorway and tosses the screaming man outside. After enduring the screams for a moment, he gives a sidelong glance at Traven and throws his harpoon at the man.

Kenyon
2006-10-29, 10:25 PM
Needless to say, the screaming stops.

B-Man
2006-10-29, 10:25 PM
((Cybil knows Traven by appearance, not by name thanks to that lovely incident))

YOU'RE THAT GUY THAT FOUGHT WITH KAIN BEFORE!! What are the odds that I'd find you here when I'm looking for this Mr. Darseth who spoke with Kain yesterday She starts to walk across the floor in the direction of Traven.

((Back in a bit... stupid RL... grrr...))

AmberVael
2006-10-29, 10:28 PM
Gnarl holds out his hand for his harpoon and it returns to him. He slinks (as much as a hulking orc can slink) into the shadows and watches Cybil with dull eyes.

Lucky
2006-10-29, 10:30 PM
The odds? What ARE the odds indeed? See, I was just here looking for Mr. Darseth myself. Traven says with a wicked smile.

AmberVael
2006-10-29, 10:32 PM
((Oh, and btw, Iames made this for us:
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k177/LordIames/Gnarl.gif
'tis Gnarl, the water orc bouncer. I suppose you could put him in the first post))

B-Man
2006-10-29, 10:32 PM
Look, mister. I don't have time for you. she says to Traven. Cybil then shouts to Daggernose Hey you! Is Mr. Darseth in?

Lucky
2006-10-29, 10:33 PM
Traven laughs. Leave poor Daggernose alone, Mr. Darseth is indeed in, and you're speaking to him.

B-Man
2006-10-29, 10:37 PM
((This is Cybil's expression: O.o))

Cybil's jaw drops. You're- Darseth? You're Darseth? YOU'RE DARSETH!? WHY THE HECK WOULD KAIN GO TO TALK TO YOU?!

AmberVael
2006-10-29, 10:39 PM
Gnarl growls a little and places a hand on his harpoon, which still drips blood.

Lucky
2006-10-29, 10:39 PM
Traven shrugs. He's your friend, how should I know? Maybe I'm just better to talk to.

B-Man
2006-10-29, 10:42 PM
Cybil winces. After he spoke with you, he left town. I DEMAND THAT YOU TELL ME EXACTLY WHAT YOU TWO TALKED ABOUT!! The orb in Cybil's staff begins to glow as she begins to point it at Traven.

AmberVael
2006-10-29, 10:45 PM
Gnarl pads up behind her.
Watch yourself, witch. The boss doesn't have to tell you anything.

Lucky
2006-10-29, 10:48 PM
Traven waves Gnarl off. It's ok, Gnarl. I can tell you, but first I must tell you that I told him I wouldn't tell anyone. Now, I tend to be a man of my word, but if he's in serious danger, then I suppose I must tell you.

AmberVael
2006-10-29, 10:50 PM
Gnarl's eyes stay on Cybil, but he backs off a little. Its clear that he distrusts her.

B-Man
2006-10-29, 10:54 PM
Cybil looks at Gnarl, and looks away. As she again faces Traven she appears to have calmed down a bit, but the glow of the orb pulsates. The last person he spoke to before leaving was you. He left town claiming that he has learned of a way to control the curse that affects both him and his brother. You must know about what I curse I speak of, seeing that you've fought him. She grits her teeth remembering the blow to the head that she received from Kain.

((The curse being him turning into that fiery being with fiery wings))

AmberVael
2006-10-29, 10:55 PM
Gnarl scowls at the mention of a curse.

Lucky
2006-10-29, 10:56 PM
Then you already know, he's left to go find a cure for that curse of his. What do you want from me? Traven seats himself at the bar and Daggernose fetches him an ale.

B-Man
2006-10-29, 10:59 PM
I want to know how you know how to cure it and why you would even give a damn about someone who picked a fight with you. She allows the orb to pulsate at a lower frequency, slowly dimming it to a bearly visible glow.

Lucky
2006-10-29, 11:04 PM
I know how to cure it? Really? Honestly now, who told you that? I merely gave him motivation to cure it. Offered him a job. Traven says smuggly as he sips at his ale. Oh, and Gnarl, I don't want that body stinking up the place, the ocean's best for it, if you don't mind.

AmberVael
2006-10-29, 11:05 PM
Gnarl's lip curls and he bares a canine tooth in a feral snarl, but he goes outside to deal with the corpse.

B-Man
2006-10-29, 11:09 PM
Cybil looks a little confused. That's odd. I could have sworn that- nevermind. She ponders for a second until something dawns on her. You gave Kain a job?! You, who was attacked by Kain, gave your attacker a job?!

Lucky
2006-10-29, 11:14 PM
Course I did. Thought I could set him straight, give him some motivation to be a better person, you know, lose that temper of his.

B-Man
2006-10-29, 11:18 PM
Somehow I doubt that. she mutters as she lets the orb's glow wink out. Do you have any idea where he went? she asks Traven calmly.

AmberVael
2006-10-29, 11:18 PM
Gnarl comes back inside and takes up his position in the shadowy corner.

Lucky
2006-10-29, 11:24 PM
Traven shrugs. None. He takes a gulp of ale and stands up, directing the goblins to throw the arm into the ocean with the body.

B-Man
2006-10-29, 11:28 PM
Cybil seems disheartened. Well, I'm sorry for occupying a lot of your time, Mr. Darseth. If you have nothing else to tell me, I must be going.

Lucky
2006-10-29, 11:29 PM
I'm afraid I do not. Come back soon. Traven says as Blackeye walks out with the man's arm, tossing it in the ocean.

B-Man
2006-10-29, 11:31 PM
Cybil mutters to herself and then leaves, avoiding the mess.

Lucky
2006-10-29, 11:35 PM
Blackeye comes back inside. "Excuse me sir, but the man wit' the sword is back. He's with someone else outside on the docks."

You don't say? Interesting... Traven heads outside to the docks.

AmberVael
2006-10-29, 11:38 PM
Gnarl grunts and wipes the blood off of his harpoon carefully.

Lucky
2006-10-30, 03:22 AM
A fairly large group of men walk into the Den, closely followed by Traven and Gnarl. Traven leads them into the back as Gnarl resumes his position in the corner. We have much to discuss... Traven says as they enter the back rooms.

((Night.))

McBish
2006-10-30, 10:31 AM
Lillah comes in the den and looks around. She gets a lot of stares as she walks into the room. She starts asking questions discreetly about where she could find certain substances. Some on tells her about the black market.

Later

Lillah comes back in and figures out that the owner of this place is still out. She finds a game of cards again. Again she wins more than she loses but not as much as she did last night. She gets up to leave and leaves a message for the owner "If you want to liven up the place find Lillah."

Lucky
2006-10-30, 04:17 PM
Traven walks in from the back. Anything important happen Dagg? Daggernose simply nods and points to the note on the counter. Lillah? First I have to find that Cybil gal, now her? Do you know what she looks like?
Yessir, but I think they know better. Daggernose points at the table with the angry NPCs who are short quite a bit of money. Traven asks for a description before heading out.

Traven walks back in heads to the back. He stays back there for a few minutes before reappearing. Blackeye! Hooktooth, we should get that ring cleaned up, we may have fighters soon. The goblins listen to him, but only half-heartedly.

Lucky
2006-10-30, 05:24 PM
Traven runs back in sometime later. Daggernose, if I was to kidnap someone, where would be the best place to hide that person?
Sir, dun tell me you pla-
Just answer the question.
I would t'ink 'ere sir, in one of the ware'ouses. Traven runs in the direction of the warehouses.

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 09:00 PM
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k177/LordIames/Gnarl.gif
Gnarl steps in and look around at the quiet tavern. He growls at it.
Need somethin' to liven it up...
He considers skewering one of the goblins just to hear it scream, but then sighs and sits down, tapping the butt of his harpoon against the floor.

Lucky
2006-10-30, 09:44 PM
Traven walks into the Den. Gnarl, you know a place to buy any good women's shoes?

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 09:47 PM
Gnarl blinks slowly.
I don't even know where to buy shoes for myself.
((Hm. I meant for him to be barefooted in the avatar. I'll see about that later))

Lucky
2006-10-30, 09:50 PM
You're right, dumb question. Well who else do I ask? Traven looks around the Den. Certainly no one in here...

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 09:51 PM
Gnarl shrugs and starts cleaning his harpoon meticulously, putting an extraordinary amount of care into it.

B-Man
2006-10-30, 09:53 PM
Kain steps into the Den and lets the door close behind him. He checks the door to find that his dagger is missing. He scans the room and spots Traven. 'Evening Traven. he calls to him.

Lucky
2006-10-30, 09:55 PM
Kain! Good to see you! Now, before we get into anything, do you know where to buy good women's shoes? Traven inquires. Not for me, for a friend, that is.

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 09:56 PM
Gnarl snickers childishly as he thinks about Traven wearing women's clothing.

B-Man
2006-10-30, 09:59 PM
'Fraid not, Traven. Though I do have a question for you. Kain points to where his knife was and asks, Where's my knife?

Lucky
2006-10-30, 10:02 PM
I held onto, kept it safe. Traven takes out the dagger from behind the counter and tosses it to Kain. Now I suppose we have a small modification to make... Traven walks over to the fighters list and adds "Kain."

B-Man
2006-10-30, 10:05 PM
Kain catches the knife and in one fluid motion replaces it back into his coat. I'm just about ready for you're fights, but just wait one more day. My brother is convincing Cybil to preform the magic required to create a more perminate seal.

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 10:07 PM
Gnarl growls softly at the mention of magical seals.

Lucky
2006-10-30, 10:07 PM
Take your time, I don't think Face Ninja has shown his face since he first came by. Maybe I shouldn't of told him to find two more fighters... Doubt he has. Traven shakes off the thought. Alright, anyways, good to see you kid. I'll see what I can do about getting you a match soon.

B-Man
2006-10-30, 10:13 PM
Kain nods. Well, now that that's taken care of, do you have anything that I can do right now? I'm incredibly bored.

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 10:13 PM
((Earin should show up at midnight in costume. I've been saving him))

Lucky
2006-10-30, 10:17 PM
((Midnight? Darnit...))

Well I might have a couple, anything in particular your looking to do? Any particular talents you have? Mixing drinks perhaps?

Kenyon
2006-10-30, 10:18 PM
((Costumes? Awww, and with Kenyon stuck in intensive care? Stupid event timing!))

B-Man
2006-10-30, 10:20 PM
Kain pauses for a bit. I believe that I mix pretty damn good drinks.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-30, 10:23 PM
((I need no costume, for I am a cloaked guy. All I have to do is say I'm going as Death :D))

Lucky
2006-10-30, 10:24 PM
You don't say? How would you like to re-do the drink list for the Den, we'll likely still keep the cheaper stuff, but I think it's about time we serve to the higher class. Traven walks over and examines the current list for a few seconds, before turning back to Kain. Up for the challenge?

Kenyon
2006-10-30, 10:26 PM
((Kenyon as Ash from Evil Dead would be quite appropriate, I think. I mean, he's got the boomstick, he's got the chainsaw...))

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-30, 10:27 PM
((Yeah, that would rule.
This. is. my. BOOMSTICK!))

B-Man
2006-10-30, 10:29 PM
Kain nods. I'll give you a list tomorrow, if not, the next day. I'm not sure if there's going to be any side-effects from the magic seal. And if there are, they can't be any worse then being immoblized for an hour. he somewhat snickers at that comment.

Lucky
2006-10-30, 10:31 PM
Great! If you can do that for me, expect big payment right away. I should have more work for you when Dalerion comes back. Think he'll be back in a few days, with a few... packages. Traven smiles. Hmmm... I need to find some shoes... Excuse me. Traven walks out of the bar.

B-Man
2006-10-30, 10:33 PM
Ah well... I guess I should get back to see how things are going. Kain leaves the Den.

jaqueses
2006-10-31, 06:58 PM
*The Cat walks in to the bar and moves through the patrons before turning around at the bar and heading back outside.*

Lucky
2006-10-31, 07:28 PM
Traven appears out of the sky and flies in, landing pretty hard at the front door. Damnit! Need to work on my landings. He shakes it off and heads to Trog's for a drink.

Lucky
2006-10-31, 10:41 PM
Traven storms into the Den, tossing a dagger just over Daggernose's head. It wobbles in the wall as Daggernose stands paralyzed in fear, quivering at the knees. Why can't people just get damn bouncers or something? Or even a dragon I can understand, but a goddamn evil pumpkin? I don't get this town Daggernose.

W-w-w-w-w-what-whatever-you say s-s-sir... Daggernose says, still trembling.

Yeah, right. Traven heads to the back and disappears for the night.

Lucky
2006-11-01, 06:39 PM
Traven reappears from the back, stridng through without saying a word, heading to the door.

Shazzam
2006-11-01, 07:37 PM
Shazzam walks into the Building and goes straight to the bar and orders the

Soup
Bread
and some Rum

Lucky
2006-11-01, 07:40 PM
Daggernose comes up and takes his order. Yessir! He says. AYE! Soup and bread! He yells to the back. Ya new ere sir? Aven't seen ya 'round before. He says as he pours the rum.

B-Man
2006-11-01, 07:51 PM
Kain and Cybil enter the Den. Cybil sits at a table while Kain gets some drinks. Kain sits himself right next to Cybil.

Lucky
2006-11-01, 08:00 PM
Traven steps back into the Den and spots Kain. He strolls up to the table and places his hand down on it. Good evening Kain, ma'am.

B-Man
2006-11-01, 08:01 PM
Kain nods to Traven and Cybil looks at Traven, then turns to her drink.
Did my brother come down last night? he asks Traven.

Lucky
2006-11-01, 08:04 PM
Your brother? Perhaps... Hey! Daggernose, did his brother show up last night? He proceeds to give a brief description of Konrad.

Daggernose thinks to himself and shakes his head. Nay, didn't see 'im.

There you have it, Daggernose has the best memory for people in the entire business. You're brother wasn't here. Traven frowns and little and shrugs.

B-Man
2006-11-01, 08:13 PM
Kain looks distressed. That's not like him... Kain turns to Traven Well, I guess it doesn't matter... He takes a drink. So, are things ready to go. Kain doesn't realise that he doesn't have any of his weapons on him.

Lucky
2006-11-01, 08:19 PM
Well I can't be sure, I saw Mr. Face Ninja recently, unfortunately we had other things on our mind at that moment, so we only briefly discussed business before moving on to other... topics. Traven's eyes flicker downwards for a moment before looking back up to Kain. So, did you get what I asked?

B-Man
2006-11-01, 08:29 PM
Kain ponders for a bit. He can't seem to remember too much about a lot of things. Er... what was I supposed to get? Frustrated, he takes a drink.

((In case you're wondering about his sudden memory loss, the sealing of his curse really affected him.))

Lucky
2006-11-01, 08:30 PM
Traven looks annoyed. The menu I asked you to write up, you said you'd have it by tonight. Well?

B-Man
2006-11-01, 08:40 PM
Menu... His memory clicks in OH! The menu!! Er. I spent all yesterday at the Temple being healed from... he turns to Cybil Why was I in the Temple?

Cybil looks at him with understanding eyes. If you're upset with Kain, Mr. Darseth, please understand that he wanted to save himself from the evil that resided in him.

Lucky
2006-11-01, 08:41 PM
Traven nods in acknowledgement. The curse? It's gone?

B-Man
2006-11-01, 08:47 PM
Cybil nods We hope it is, right Kain?
Kain looks at Cybil and nods. He then says Traven, can I have a private word with you?

Lucky
2006-11-01, 08:48 PM
Traven raises an eyebrow. Of course, if you'll please excuse us... Ms...?

B-Man
2006-11-01, 08:56 PM
Cybil realises, that, eventhough she as yelled and discussed things with Traven, she hasn't formally introduced herself. Cybil. My name is Cybil.

Kain gets up, ready to follow Traven.

Lucky
2006-11-01, 08:58 PM
Very well, Cybil, if you'll please excuse us... Traven walks towards the back room, opening the door and stepping through.

B-Man
2006-11-01, 09:34 PM
Kain emerges from the back rooms and immediately sits with Cybil and returns to drinking his drink. Cybil leans closer to him as he settles into his seat.

Lucky
2006-11-01, 09:36 PM
Traven follows him out and looks around the Den, seeing no one around he heads out to look for Face Ninja.

AmberVael
2006-11-01, 09:44 PM
((*sigh* is everyone conspiring to get me onto two accounts at once?))

Lucky
2006-11-01, 09:46 PM
((Just get another browser, like IE or FF. Or... *gasp* Just play him out of that one. But that might be too extreme. :tongue: ))

B-Man
2006-11-01, 09:48 PM
Kain pulls away from Cybil and checks his coat for his knives. Er... Cybil, where is my stuff?
Cybil turns to Kain Um... I don't know actually... maybe we should check to see if Konrad has them.

Kain goes to the counter, leaves some money with Daggernose, and leaves with Cybil.

AmberVael
2006-11-01, 09:51 PM
((I really try not to, and the two browsers thing annoys me. Oh well. Where are you now? The streets?))

McBish
2006-11-01, 10:12 PM
Lillah comes in the den and starts asking quetions about where she might buy love potions. She gets some odd looks, and rude comments, but ignores them. After a while she gives up and sits down and gets a drink.

Lucky
2006-11-01, 10:16 PM
Daggernose comes up to Lillah with her drink. Oh, ya're the new entertainer right? Almost didn't 'member you with the new 'air. Name's Daggernose.

McBish
2006-11-01, 10:18 PM
"Nice to meet you Daggernose, you can call me Lillah."

Lucky
2006-11-01, 10:19 PM
Aye, I now yar name, if they- Daggernose points to the NPC gamblers who don't seem to ever leave. -didn't complain enough, Traven's still talked about ya.... Crap, I shoulda stopped talkin'...

McBish
2006-11-01, 10:22 PM
"Don't worry about I'm great at keeping secrets." She looks over at the perpetual gamblers and shakes her head. "Yeah they tend not to like me when I play cards."

Lucky
2006-11-01, 10:25 PM
Thankye-and what do ya know? There 'e is now. Daggernose says just as Traven steps inside, seeming to be preoccupied with his thoughts. Daggernose scurries over to the bar quickly as Traven looks up. Daggernose, you know this town better than me, where the hell would you find a ninja? Traven walks over to the bar, not noticing Lillah.

AmberVael
2006-11-01, 10:27 PM
The Faceninja steps in.
"Ask the wind and shadow. You might find a better answer from them, Traven."