PDA

View Full Version : [Weapon Enh.] Leave it in the wound!

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-11-21, 11:08 PM
Just an idea that sprang to mind. Price speculation welcome.

Vendetta
Upon command, the next victim to take damage from your blow has your weapon embedded within the wound. It deals 1 additional point of damage each minute unless a DC 20 Heal check is made. Natural nor magical healing can be used as long as the blade remains. However, a curse is put upon the victim, so that if the weapon is removed it appears back within the wound 1d4 rounds later, dealing the original damage dealt without requiring an attack roll. Even if thrown away or teleported to a distant locale, it reappears and injures its target. The blade cannot cross planar bounds, but if its victim reappears it immediately re-injures. Once attuned the weapon cannot curse another. A Remove Curse spell upon the target frees them from the attention of the weapon, and it is no longer attuned. It can now be used on another victim (or the same), which will then also require a Remove Curse.
This enhancement may only be applied to a manufactured piercing or slashing weapon. Natural weapons, such as a monk's unarmed attack, cannot be enchanted.
Moderate conjuration and faint necromancy; CL 10th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor and bestow curse, teleport; Price +25,000.

NineThePuma
2010-11-22, 12:08 AM
... What's this do to Precision Damage?

*image of repeated massive precision damage*

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-11-22, 12:20 AM
... What's this do to Precision Damage?

*image of repeated massive precision damage*
If you were sneak attacked and then pull it out you will be sneak attacked again.

That's why you 'leave it in the wound!'

It's meant to be mean and vicious, but if you have remove curse, a 3rd level spell, it's not too much of a threat.

Temotei
2010-11-22, 01:06 AM
It makes me sad that I can't sting like a bee with my fist. :smallsigh:

DracoDei
2010-11-22, 12:20 PM
It makes me sad that I can't sting like a bee with my fist. :smallsigh:

Sounds like a humorous Feat or something that requires Improved Unarmed Strike and the ability to cast Regeneration (which leads into the automatic, free-action ability to regrow your hands after having them detach to remain behind after you hit someone, crushing the life out of someone).

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-11-22, 12:22 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of a monk teleporting every time he leaves the wound back to the guy :smalltongue:

Admiral Squish
2010-11-22, 12:27 PM
Can this be used on arrows? Oh, gods, the continuous damage would be so awesome.

Sounds like a humorous Feat or something that requires Improved Unarmed Strike and the ability to cast Regeneration (which leads into the automatic, free-action ability to regrow your hands after having them detach to remain behind after you hit someone, crushing the life out of someone).

There's a feat like that in SS. A creature with regen can rip off a claw and throw it at people.

flabort
2010-11-22, 12:28 PM
It's a good thing natural weapons can't be enchanted. Just imagine if the party monk used it on the BBEG. Every time he'd get back to the party, he'd be whisked off, and be stuck to you-know-who, who'd go bananas trying to kill the annoying monk on his back. And if he kills the monk, he'd as likely as not teleport the monk over to the party, as scare tactics, only to have a dead corpse stab him in the back with it's fist, which is the other preventative measure, since a fist can't actually stab.

Yeah. that is a good call, tribble.

This is an extremely excellent Idea, though. Imagine an optimized SA rouge with a few dozen Vendetta throwing daggers. :smallamused:
Edit: triple ninja'd

Mewtarthio
2010-11-23, 01:42 AM
You should invent firearms for the sole purpose of using this enhancement. Get enough penetration power that the bullet can consistently penetrate the target entirely, and you've basically got some poor sap pursued by a cursed bullet that automatically shoots him every few rounds!

Lix Lorn
2010-11-23, 03:57 AM
I read a book with a daemonic gun that did that. It utterly destroyed one target a shot, despite the targets being deific superhumans with armour so far beyond full plate, it makes full plate look like a t-shirt.
tl;dr; space marines.

Nonetheless. FUN.

The Antigamer
2010-11-23, 04:42 AM
So fleshgrinding, but awesomer? I like it.

Orzel
2010-11-23, 07:23 AM
Nice idea.

If the target of the vendetta dies, the curse is lifted right? Or does the weapon come back when the target is raised unless the curse is removed or the weapon is attuned to another?

Welcome back.
Squish!!!

flabort
2010-11-24, 09:46 PM
Nice idea.

If the target of the vendetta dies, the curse is lifted right? Or does the weapon come back when the target is raised unless the curse is removed or the weapon is attuned to another?

Welcome back.
Squish!!!

The flying Monk strikes again!:smallbiggrin:
Oh, so many hylarious mental pictures.
My gut hurts from laughing now.

Mercenary Pen
2010-11-24, 10:09 PM
The flying Monk strikes again!:smallbiggrin:
Oh, so many hylarious mental pictures.
My gut hurts from laughing now.

It gets even crazier in gestalt games- Monk on one side, colossal or gargantuan monster on the other side (the bigger the better obviously)... Now you've got a Tarrasque embedded in you, an awakened Tarrasque.

Keinnicht
2010-11-24, 11:43 PM
I feel like one DC 20 Heal check is ridiculous. Maybe a DC 20 Heal check hourly or daily, but if it's only one, a character could walk around for years with a dagger sticking out of his skull and suffer no problems other than having nine or ten less hit points than normal.

DracoDei
2010-11-25, 08:19 AM
I feel like one DC 20 Heal check is ridiculous. Maybe a DC 20 Heal check hourly or daily, but if it's only one, a character could walk around for years with a dagger sticking out of his skull and suffer no problems other than having nine or ten less hit points than normal.

We, the way I interpret it, you need one check every minute... but some clarification would be nice.