PDA

View Full Version : Need help running a detective story

Siegel
2010-11-22, 09:51 AM
Hey Giants,

i have a bit of a problem figuring out how i want to run my next session ( DnD 4e).

The PCs are working for the Town Guard.
Since a few weeks there have been body snatchings at one graveyard in the town. At the same time there have been cases of cannibalism at the morgue.
At least the morgue thing is considered to be done by one member of the town guard because only they and the priests of the death god (Fa'Il) have access.

They are right on the second thing. One of the members of the guard is a Cibopath (inspired by the Comic "Chew") who can get mental images of things when he eats them. He uses this ability to solve murder.

The body snatchings are done by Xivorts. Nasty shadowfell gnomy creatures. They need the skin of dead people to turn Gnomes into Xivorts.

I have this fact by i have no idea on how i can get my players go put it all together.

Please help me playgrounders
Thanks

MrEdwardNigma
2010-11-22, 11:22 AM
Usually your players solve that part themselves. Since they've figured out a member of the town guard is probably the cannibal, they'll want to lay a trap or something, at which point the Cibopath will likely confess and tell them about the Xivort.