PDA

View Full Version : Good Build for Druid/Bard <3.5>

Tokuhara
2010-11-22, 02:10 PM
New Campaign, new character.

I've been talking to our DM, who's letting me in to a 10th level campaign run by a buddy of his, where everyone who is magic is a Theurge of some sort. And to be unique, Bard and Druid, my two fave classes, I've been informed work excellent together.

Problem is that I haven't a clue where to start... Help?

Keld Denar
2010-11-22, 02:13 PM
Foclucan Lyrist (CAdv?) is the ideal PrC to shoot for. Full advancement of most druid and bard features on a full BAB chassis. Its a little wonky to get in though. Best way to do the Evasion prereq is either to buy a Ring of Evasion, or to take Shape Soulmeld: Impulse Boots + Open Least Chakra: Feet. WAY better than lighting 2 class levels on fire for a rogue or monk dip.

Tokuhara
2010-11-22, 02:16 PM
Foclucan Lyrist (CAdv?) is the ideal PrC to shoot for. Full advancement of most druid and bard features on a full BAB chassis. Its a little wonky to get in though. Best way to do the Evasion prereq is either to buy a Ring of Evasion, or to take Shape Soulmeld: Impulse Boots + Open Least Chakra: Feet. WAY better than lighting 2 class levels on fire for a rogue or monk dip.

Okay... Confusing, but it works (i think)

Telonius
2010-11-22, 02:22 PM
My suggestion: acquire a panther animal companion, turn into a bear, and sing "Bear Necessities" at your first opportunity.

nedz
2010-11-22, 02:38 PM
My suggestion: acquire a panther animal companion, turn into a bear, and sing "Bear Necessities" at your first opportunity.

Why not just use The Jungle Book as your repatoire ?:smallbiggrin:

Tokuhara
2010-11-22, 02:53 PM
So FL is a Bard/Druid dual class. Could it be comboed later (near epic) with Arcane Heirophant?

gorfnab
2010-11-22, 02:57 PM
Bard 1/ Druid 4/ Green Whisperer 3/ Spelldancer 2/ Fochlucan Lyrist 10
Bard 2/ Druid 3/ Green Whisperer 3/ Spelldancer 2/ Sublime Chord 1/ Fochlucan Lyrist 9

Tools for Fochlucan Lyrist (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872158/Tools_for_Fochlucan_Lyrist_Builds)

Darrin
2010-11-22, 05:22 PM
Bard 1/ Druid 4/ Green Whisperer 3/ Spelldancer 2/ Fochlucan Lyrist 10
Bard 2/ Druid 3/ Green Whisperer 3/ Spelldancer 2/ Sublime Chord 1/ Fochlucan Lyrist 9

Tools for Fochlucan Lyrist (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872158/Tools_for_Fochlucan_Lyrist_Builds)

You can also do:

Bard 2/Druid 3/Green Whisperer 2/Arcane Hierophant 3/Sublime Chord 1/Arcane Hierophant +7/Green Whisperer +2. 9th level Sorcerer and Druid casting.

Psyren
2010-11-22, 05:58 PM
Okay... Confusing, but it works (i think)

Here, read it yourself! (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20050107a&page=2) :smallsmile:

TechnOkami
2010-11-22, 07:04 PM
Best way to do the Evasion prereq is either to buy a Ring of Evasion, or to take Shape Soulmeld: Impulse Boots + Open Least Chakra: Feet. WAY better than lighting 2 class levels on fire for a rogue or monk dip.

Could you tell me where the soul meld version to get evasion is (as in which books and pages to go to), please?

Keld Denar
2010-11-22, 07:09 PM
I'm pretty sure it's Impulse Boots. Check out Magic of Incarnum. Impulse Boots give you Uncanny Dodge when you shape them, and if you bind them to your feet Chakra, they give you Evasion. Thus, you'd need two feats. One to shape the meld and one to then bind it to your Chakra. Achieveable by ECL6 for the expenditure of 2 feats.

EDIT: I don't have my book on me, but if you wait 30 minutes, I'll be home and can check it if you really need. Otherwise, the index is your friend. Should be somewhere around page 45-50 though.

Psyren
2010-11-22, 07:30 PM
Impulse Boots are on page 71
Open Least Chakra is page 39
Shape Soulmeld is page 40

I'm participating

Leon
2010-11-23, 12:26 AM
Ive been wanting to play a Druid Avenger/Fey Bard/Arcane Heirophant for some time to take twist on the standard way of entering.

faceroll
2010-11-23, 12:52 AM
I'd want to focus on summoning and singing. Song of the Heart, Dragonfire Inspiration, Medallion of Courage, Words of Creation and Versatile Spellcaster. Versatile Spellcaster lets you burn two low level slots to spontaneously cast SNAy+1 where y is the highest level one you can cast.

mint
2010-11-23, 08:09 AM
Then I believe you will want to take Greenbound Summoning and Green Ear.
Greenbound is in lost empires of faerun i think, i forget where you find Green Ear, maybe CA.
Greenbound summoning applies the Greenbound template to your summons. Your summons become stronger and gain the plant type.
So you need Green Ear to affect them with your music.

Next you will want to put your helmet on to protect yourself from incoming books.

Coidzor
2010-11-23, 09:16 AM
Foclucan Lyrist (CAdv?) is the ideal PrC to shoot for. Full advancement of most druid and bard features on a full BAB chassis.

Most druid features? :smallconfused: All I see it advancing from Druid is its casting, which is just slightly less than 1/3 of the druid's class features (since the stuff that isn't wildshape, animal companion, or casting has to count for something)

UA allowed? You might consider the Fey Bard (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#bard) (note, you still have bardic music for pre-reqs) for a better Animal Companion since you'll have delayed your wildshaping powerhouse abilities. That rules out Fohlucan lyrist though, without a ruling that lore, say from a cloistered cleric dip would count for bardic knowledge, though that'd still be unpleasant with 2 bard levels, 2 evasion-granting levels(or qualifying with an item), a level in cloistered cleric, a level in druid, and all that followed by the levels for skills, meaning without inspire greatness/dusk giant cheese, you can't get into it until 11th level. With Keld's suggestion, that's 2 feats (so human + 1st level or level 1 and 3), bard X/druid Y at least, varying depending upon your desired potentcy

So Arcane Hierophant would be more the order of the day. Bard would advance AC & familiar, Druid AC, Arcane Hierophant would advance both on the same critter... bard 4/druid 3/AH 3 7th level bard casting, 6th level druid casting, 2 wildshapes, and a 10th level druid's animal companion +7th level familiar benefits, believe would just barely qualify for sublime chord for next level and then finishing out AH. Then again, with precocious apprentice, that could be bard 1/druid 5/AH 3, bard 1/druid 4/AH 4 with fractional BAB.