PDA

View Full Version : Tournament of Ascention Round 1 match 2: mrcarter11 VS Toliudar

firemagehao
2010-11-22, 09:05 PM
The sun lit up the arena as the contestants walked in. Thousands, if not millions of creatures fill the stands. A legion of gigantic humanoids sit together in the stands, an equal distance from each starting point. A great voice resonates through the arena from the sky, "Signal when ready."

The arena is 600' in diameter. The floor is molten lava. Amidst the lava, is a single ice bridge for the combatants to do battle upon. (Touching the lava deals 2d6 damage. Becoming submerged in it deals 20d6. Walking on the bridge takes a DC22 balance check to not fall off. Flying is disabled.)

OOC: combat starts after both players post saying they are ready. After both players signal that they are ready, Combat will not start until the day after the second player confirms. If it does, the player(s) who did become disqualified.

Toliudar
2010-11-22, 11:59 PM
Much fun! Questions to start off:
How wide is the ice bridge?

Does it arc up between the starting platforms, or travel straight across the lava?

Are the platforms at the very extremes of the arena?

What are the upper and lower limits of the arena?

What's at the edge of the arena? A circular wall of force? A stone wall? A line?

What are the conditions that can result in a loss?

Is the effect that prevents flight a spell? A supernatural effect? High winds? With the effects that I have active, Fanto should be able to figure that out.

I'm confused about the "signal when ready" thing. Does that mean that I can take additional actions now that I'm here, but before signalling?

mrcarter11
2010-11-23, 08:25 AM
I guess those questions would help me as well. Are my 24 hour efect buffs considered in place?

Toliudar
2010-11-23, 11:20 AM
Oh, and in a not-an-action context, I might as well find out what Fanto already knows about his opponent. Knowledge Religion, I'm guessing: [roll0].

I'm assuming a knowledge Local or bardic lore-ish check would be used for the reputation kind of information you'd asked for about Fanto:
Know all those dirty stories about half-fey, half-dragons, half-fiends, half-celestials, half-oozes. Okay, not half-oozes, but the rest? They're is the result of people like Fanto.

Fanto, long a fan of Sune, has been spreading his love around his world since he was about 14. By the age of 24, he had expanded to other worlds, and - after leaving a broad swath through a memorable seven months in Sigil - has expanded to the outer planes for most of the past five years. He once claimed to have loved more fully and inventively than any non-shapeshifter in history.

mrcarter11
2010-11-23, 01:49 PM
Your result: Remember hearing stories about Nerull, how some follows seem to be the incarnate of their god. Those people who could murder and pillage entire towns in a single night. Well your opponent is the one of those men. Separated from the others for his devotion, brutality, and cunning. Over time many champions of good have tried to strike him down, yet he stands. He who has cut swaths through holy armies. You know his power comes from ancient and longdead practices, which allows him to control a vile form of energy at whim and summon armies of the dead in seconds.

firemagehao
2010-11-23, 03:40 PM
Much fun! Questions to start off:
How wide is the ice bridge? 10'.

Does it arc up between the starting platforms, or travel straight across the lava? Is straight across, 10ft in the air.

Are the platforms at the very extremes of the arena?
Yes.

What are the upper and lower limits of the arena?
The a wall of force 100ft in the air, and the magma 10ft below you.

What's at the edge of the arena? A circular wall of force? A stone wall? A line? A stone (magically enforced) wall, above which outsiders watch you. A wall of force is in between the crowd and the arena.

What are the conditions that can result in a loss? Death or surrender.

Is the effect that prevents flight a spell? A supernatural effect? High winds? With the effects that I have active, Fanto should be able to figure that out.

I'm confused about the "signal when ready" thing. Does that mean that I can take additional actions now that I'm here, but before signaling?
You can not ready attacks.

Toliudar
2010-11-23, 04:21 PM
Thanks! That helps tremendously. Still one question left unanswered.

What my opponent sees in the distance:

Across the shimmering lake of lava, resting side by side on the platform, are nine Balors, wreathed in flame and holding a lightning bolt. Next to it, gently resting on the stone platform, are nine big spherical creatures that seems to be made entirely of mouths and eyes. The demons are all wearing silver belts, with nets tucked into the belts. The spherical creatures are all holding big sticks in one mouth, and are wearing a big shiny metal hats. Abruptly, all eighteen creatures vanish.

Further preparations (Firemagehao only, unless you have the ability to track unseen spell affects from a distance of 600'):
Fanto casts Superior Invisibility on he and Tess.
Fanto casts Undead Bane Weapon on the sword.
Fanto casts Undeath's Eternal Foe on himself and all nearby targets.

Tess telepathically signals their readiness.

Still need to know what kind of effect is disabling flying.

firemagehao
2010-11-23, 09:02 PM
Magic beyond the power of gods is disabling flying.

Toliudar
2010-11-23, 11:19 PM
Gotcha. Thanks!

mrcarter11
2010-11-23, 11:43 PM
You say unseen spells, you mean invisible?

Toliudar
2010-11-24, 12:11 AM
Yes, I mean invisible. Unless you have true seeing with 600' range, I can't think of any way to see what's happening.

mrcarter11
2010-11-24, 12:26 AM
Always active see invisible?

Toliudar
2010-11-24, 12:45 AM
See invisibility is not going to pick this up.

What do I see?

mrcarter11
2010-11-24, 11:20 AM
You see a pale, skeletal man. With a clear, water like coating covering his body and cloak.

Toliudar
2010-11-24, 11:41 AM
Thanks.

Firemage, can we roll initiative and proceed?

firemagehao
2010-11-24, 01:50 PM
Yes.

And did you know posts have to be 10 characters, not just 4.

Toliudar
2010-11-24, 02:58 PM
Fanto Initiative: [roll0]

mrcarter11
2010-11-24, 11:54 PM
Well, I can't actually win this due to my mod not being high enough, but whatever.
[roll0]

Toliudar
2010-11-25, 02:20 AM
Firemagehao:
Rounds of Time stop: [roll0]

Toliudar
2010-11-25, 05:34 AM
Firemagehao:
Motions will be expressed as if my starting position is at the south end of the arena, and mcarter is at the north end.

Round 1:

Fanto:
Standard action: Cast Time Stop (shared with Tess) - 5 extra rounds. 9
Swift Action 1: cast Assay spell resistance, referencing to opponent (shared with Tess) 4
Swift Action 2: Cast quickened Crown of Flame (BoED) on Tess. 5

Tess:
No action.

Round 2:

Fanto:
Standard action: activate staff to cast Greater Teleport, moving with Tess to a point on the surface of the lava 10' east and 10' south of mcarter's platform.
Swift action 1: quickened Blessing of the Righteous on Tess' sword 5
Swift action 2: quickened Mana Flux on a 20' radius area centred just above mcarter's head. 5

Tess:
Move to a point between mcarter and the exterior wall.

Round 3:

Fanto:
Full round action: Cast Summon Monster IX to summon an elder fire elemental, positioned adjacent to mcarter, east of him. 9

Tess: No action.

Round 4:

Fanto:
Full round action: Cast Summon Nature's Ally IX to summon an elder fire elemental, positioned adjacent to mcarter, south of him. 9

Tess: No action.

Round 5:

Fanto:
Standard action: Cast Project Image to create a visible version of himself on the lava, 30' west and 30' south of his current position. 7
Move action: switch focus of spellcasting to projected image.
Swift action1: cast quickened wall of good, hemisphere-shaped to exactly cover the platform. 4
Swift action2: cast quickened Radiance (PH2), 60' radius from projected image. 5

Tess:
Activate her Xorn Movement ability.

Round 6:

Fanto:
Standard action: Activate Xorn Movement ability
Swift 1: cast a quickened Spiritual Weapon 2
Swift 2: cast a quickened Spiritual Weapon 2

Tess:
Ready an action to attack mcarter if he attacks or casts/invokes.

Mehlmann:
Swift Action: Cast Assay Spell Resistance on the pale, skeletal man.
Standard Action: Twinned, Maximized Fireballs, centred 5' above Mcarter.
Reflex DC 23 for half for each of the two fireballs. Damage: 90 fire each.
Move action: earthglides across the laval to a new point 40' north, 30' west, and 5' down, to become entirely submerged.

At the end of the last turn in the time stop, the elementals have a chance to attack:
Elemental 1: Slam 1 attack: [roll0] Bludgeon damage: [roll1] Fire damage: [roll2]
Slam 2 attack: [roll3] Bludgeon damage: [roll4] Fire damage: [roll5]

Elemental 2: Slam 1 attack: [roll6] Bludgeon damage: [roll7] Fire damage: [roll8]
Slam 2 attack: [roll9] Bludgeon damage: [roll10] Fire damage: [roll11]

Readied attack for Tess:
Attack: [roll12] (counts as a touch attack)
Slashing damage: [roll13]
Holy Damage: [roll14]
Sneak attack (if he is not immune): [roll15]

Weapon counts as good.

What's seen:
The huge sphere of mouths and eyes appears, resting directly on the lava 20' in front of you and 20' to your right. It is gleaming with a very bright light. From this closer proximity, you can see that it is adorned with a variety of baubles, and that there are two ghostly whips and more than 40 small spheres of different descriptions drifting around it.

Right next to you, on your left is a huge fire elemental. Another identical elemental is right next to you, in front of you. The elementals both immediately attack you.
Elemental 1: Attack: 44 Bludgeoning Damage: 17 Fire damage: 2
Elemental 2: Attack: 35 Bludgeoning Damage: 14 Fire damage: 8

A transparent, glittering hemisphere covers your platform.

You instinctively know that you will not be able to cast spells defensively. If you are in fact undead, you are automatically dazzled (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#dazzled).

Fanto has Greater Arcane Sight and True Seeing active. What spells/magic auras does he detect on you? Does True Seeing reveal any hidden elements?

Spellcraft DC 24:
The hemisphere is a Wall of Good.

Spellcraft DC 25:
The light around the sphere is Radiance.
There is a Mana Flux effect arround you.

Knowledge The Planes DC 34:
The two fire critters are Elder Fire Elementals.

Knowledge Dungeoneering DC 37:
The spherical creature is a gibbering orb.

mrcarter11
2010-11-25, 10:10 AM
Well, the spellcraft check, I can try for. Now, quick question.. I see that mass on the lava, but I look around, do I see you, since I have see invisible on?
Check [roll1d20+20[/roll]
Now, I also need to know, if what I see is a mind-affecting effect.
Lastly, if you are within 100 feet of me, I need a for save.

mrcarter11
2010-11-25, 10:14 AM
Dam roll. Always mess that stuff up.
[roll0]
Since, I got the check, mind telling me what they all do?

Toliudar
2010-11-25, 10:33 AM
I've told you what you would see with See Invisibility. If there are any other divination/sensory things in play, let me know.

None of the effects described are mind-affecting. Considering how much of my shtick IS mind-affecting, this has proven to be something of a stretch. Bravo! :smallamused:

Fort saves:
Fanto: [roll0]
Tess: [roll1]
Elemental to your left: [roll2]
Elemental in front of you: [roll3]

mrcarter11
2010-11-25, 11:16 AM
I'm confused by the second name, but moving on. You say it covers my platform, what do you mean? Is it based around me, or is it based around the arena?
Guess we're start out simple for me, guessing you didn't start simple considering how much stuff just came at me.
By the way, can we get a map or something, I'm confused about the dimensions of the arena..

You see me disappear and that is all.
You have any extra sensory stuff up to detect me?

GM Only
I use a word of power to become invisible, I then use a standard action for Ghost Step moving, to the other end of the arena.

Toliudar
2010-11-25, 11:37 AM
The Wall of Good and Mana Flux are both in a hemisphere 20' high at the peak, and going to the lip of your stone platform. Both elementals are partway in and partway out of these effects.

The entire arena is 600' in diameter. Assuming that we started more or less in the middle of our 20' platforms, the elementals are sort of wedged in, filling the 15' area to your left and in front of you.

Fanto does have true seeing and greater arcane sight up. Before you disappear, I'd have seen whatever magic effects (active spells or supernatural abilities, like whatever the aura thing is that is triggering a fort save).

Are you using a magic item or spell/SLA/similar thing to become invisible? Mana Flux gives a 20% failure chance for the latter.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, but the big ball of eyes and mouths also has a pair of iridescent wings, folded up and not in use at the moment.

mrcarter11
2010-11-25, 11:43 AM
Well, then lets see if flux gets me. 1 would be the 20% [roll0]
Now then the fort save, was due to pure cold in the air. I have a couple of 24 hour buffs up, but I'm unsure of Greater Arcane Sight seeing them, cause I don't know the spell..
And where did you get the platform dimensions.

Toliudar
2010-11-25, 12:10 PM
Greater Arcane Sight (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/arcaneSightGreater.htm).

I think Firemage discussed the dimensions in the recruiting thread.

What's the effect of the cold? I'm guessing the elementals probably failed their saves, but I'm not sure about the other two. Is there any effect if the save is passed?

mrcarter11
2010-11-25, 12:28 PM
So that would allow you to see where I had gone I take it? Or is the range the same? Also I wanna gonna ask, if you had a certain range for you truesight. Vision I know, but can you see everywhere inside the arena? Well, nothing majorly bad happens actually. It takes some subdual damage.. [roll0] That is all.
I also forgot that I have blindsense, I was gonna ask if before I disappeared if I sensed you. And I think it is your turn again.

Toliudar
2010-11-25, 01:56 PM
I have true seeing with a 120' range, and you are currently inside of that range. Unless you have some way to avoid True Seeing, I see you still, although the elementals probably won't.

Blindsense does not help in locating Fanto at this time.

Could you let me know who saved and who failed against the cold effect?

Just a reminder - I still need that list of magic effects/spells that are active on you. Also, if there's any obvious bits of gear (weapons, armour, etc) - now would be a good time to mention.

I'm assuming from the fact that you rolled against Mana Flux that you have cast a spell or something similar. This triggers an attack of opportunity from behind you, from an opponent that neither blindsense nor see invisibility help you in detecting. It's a touch attack, and the attack roll is 62. If that hits, you take 55 slashing damage. If you are evil, you also take 1 point of holy damage. If you are not undead, reduce the slashing damage by 7. If you are subject to sneak attack, take an additional 47 points of damage. Make a concentration check of 10+the amount of damage you take in order to complete the effect.

Spellcraft as needed to identify the spells/psionics/invocations/whatever you're using:
[roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3]

Toliudar
2010-11-25, 02:06 PM
Oh, I should have given you the option to check this off the bat, but the first spell that the big ball of mouths and eyes cast was:
Spellcraft DC 23
Superior Invisibility (from the Spell Compendium)

mrcarter11
2010-11-25, 02:18 PM
How far away are we from each other when the match started? The platforms I mean.
The one elemental failed its save, the lower result.
[roll0] Spellcraft.
You have a +86 to Spellcraft how is that possible?
Anyways, you see me use an invocation of Walk Unseen and Ghost Step. I have magic items on me, nothing that strikes you as a weapon or armor really. just amulets, bracers, rings and the such.. I have a single rod on my back.. All give away a magic feel.
You can tell I have See Invisible, Deathwatch, Blindsense.. Would you identify my other buffs as well.
Now as for the damage.. 1 and 2 are through, 3 and 4 cancel. [roll1]

mrcarter11
2010-11-25, 02:21 PM
Lets see now.. [roll0]

mrcarter11
2010-11-25, 02:22 PM
Okay, well that would cancel my swift action then, so it would still be my turn.. I'll retake it when I get home, I'm off now.

Toliudar
2010-11-25, 02:29 PM
Thanks - yes, I'd like to know about any buffs that are active on you. I don't get to know anything about the magic items.

Spellcraft: 33 ranks + 20 int + 30 competence item +2 synergy + 2 luck. Oops. Should actually be 87.

If you're evil, you'll need to make a will save DC 38 to pass out of the Wall of Good.

If the whole arena is 600' diameter, and the platforms are each 20' diameter, their closest edges are 560' apart.

mrcarter11
2010-11-26, 02:32 AM
Let's see if this works. [roll0] 1 means it don't work..
If it does work.. [roll1]
I need the caster level of flux.
DM Only
This is used with a Word of Power

Toliudar
2010-11-26, 09:13 AM
Mana Flux is level 5. Caster level 39.

I'll need that list of buffs before I post my next action.

mrcarter11
2010-11-26, 09:26 AM
I think you have everything, since I didn't get my buff rounds.. Spiderwalk, See Invis, Blind Sense, and Deathsight.. I'm not done yet though, I can keep going.. kinda.. Off topic, how'd you get a caster level above max level?
Anyways, I guess I need to do something. If this comes up a 1, then your turn, anything else, and I've teleported back to your platform.. [roll0]

Still your turn.. Do I get a list of your active buffs to?

Toliudar
2010-11-26, 09:37 AM
There are a lot of magic items, class features and feats that increase caster level. I've got how I reached that CL laid out in my character sheet, so if Firemagehao has any questions about it, he can PM me.

And, as I noted in the general thread, I'm fine with backtracking and having you as pre-buffed as you want to be. That was the understanding that I took into this, so it's only fair. Let me know if that changes your buff list.

Toliudar
2010-11-26, 09:40 AM
Still your turn.. Do I get a list of your active buffs to?

The only reason I get your active buffs is because of Greater Arcane Sight. I'm not asking this in an out of character context. If you have some ability that is gathering that information, let me know.

Also, just so I understand: in your first round, you attempted to go invisible, drew an AoO, and that effect was broken. Did I see you do anything else? I refer you to the spellcraft checks above - do I recognize what was done?

mrcarter11
2010-11-26, 09:47 AM
I feel I may lose this battle quite quickly at the rate I'm going.. But I'll continue with it. Backtracking would only make it more complicated.. In any case, besides the two main platforms.. Are there any other landmasses? If so I may choose to change where I appear.. I don't know the map though, so it is difficult for me, sorry. And your spellcraft check would let you know, I'm using an invocation known as Ghost Step.. And that it let me teleport elsewhere.

Toliudar
2010-11-26, 10:34 AM
Then I guess I'll wait for the answer to the question about other land masses too, because that will of course affect my next action.

Edit: so, mrcarter, you passed the will save to get out of the wall of good?

The game is more interesting if we go with teleportation as "go somewhere else immediately" as opposed to "travel instantly through the astral plane and then pop back in", so please ignore my last question.

Toliudar
2010-11-27, 11:32 PM
Mrcarter, once you let me know where you're teleporting, I'll post a round 2 action.

mrcarter11
2010-11-28, 03:09 AM
Well, considering that there are no other rocks.. I'll teleport to your platform.

Toliudar
2010-11-28, 10:17 AM
Firemagehao:

Attacks of opportunity on mrcarter when he teleports, since Tess' Mage Slayer ability prevents casting defensively:
Tess: Attack: [roll0] Slashing damage: [roll1] Holy damage: [roll2]
Fire Elemental 1: [roll3] Bludgeon damage: [roll4] Fire Damage: [roll5]
Fire Elemental 2: [roll6] Bludgeon damage: [roll7] Fire Damage: [roll8]

Tess action:
5' step forward, ready an action to attack mrcarter if he reappears anywhere on that platform.
Tess: Attack: [roll9] Slashing damage: [roll10] Holy damage: [roll11]

Elementals action:
Run 240' towards the other platform.

Mehlmann action:
5' step up out of the lava.
Standard action: twinned invisible maximized orbs of force at MrCarter. Touch attack: [roll12], [roll13], 105 force damage
Swift action: twinned maximized orbs of force at MrCarter. Touch attack: [roll14], [roll15], 105 force damage

Fanto:
Move action: shift location of the projected image to a point next to the bridge, 100' away from mrcarter.
Free action: unleash 5 eye rays targeting mrcarter as follows:
1. Greater Dispel Magic: Touch attack: [roll16]Caster checks vs his buffs:
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]
[roll21]
2. Prismatic Spray: Touch attack: [roll22]. Effect: [roll23]
3. Disintegrate: Touch attack: [roll24]. [roll25] damage if fort save is unsuccessful, [roll26] if it is.
4. Cone of Cold: Touch attack: [roll27]. Effect: [roll28] cold damage, reflex for half.
5. Lightning Bolt: Touch attack: [roll29]. Effect: [roll30] electricity damage, reflex half.

Quickened spell 1: Flame strike, centred on him. [roll31] damage, Reflex save DC 24 for half. Half of damage is fire, half is divine.

Quickened spell 2: Kelpstrand. 13 strands:
Strand 1: touch attack: [roll32], Opposed grapple: [roll33]
Strand 2: touch attack: [roll34], Opposed grapple: [roll35]
Strand 3: touch attack: [roll36], Opposed grapple: [roll37]
Strand 4: touch attack: [roll38], Opposed grapple: [roll39]
Strand 5: touch attack: [roll40], Opposed grapple: [roll41]
Strand 6: touch attack: [roll42], Opposed grapple: [roll43]
Strand 7: touch attack: [roll44], Opposed grapple: [roll45]
Strand 8: touch attack: [roll46], Opposed grapple: [roll47]
Strand 9: touch attack: [roll48], Opposed grapple: [roll49]
Strand 10: touch attack: [roll50], Opposed grapple: [roll51]
Strand 11: touch attack: [roll52], Opposed grapple: [roll53]
Strand 12: touch attack: [roll54], Opposed grapple: [roll55]
Strand 13: touch attack: [roll56], Opposed grapple: [roll57]

Standard action: ready an action to cast Bolt of Glory on mrcarter if he uses a spell, invocation or spell like ability. Touch attack: [roll58], untyped damage [roll59]

mrcarter hasn't indicated that he has spell resistance. If he does, let me know and I'll roll SR for those spells and effects to which they apply.

Toliudar
2010-11-28, 10:37 AM
Crit confirmation on lightning bold eye ray [roll0]

Toliudar
2010-11-28, 10:44 AM
mrcarter, when you teleport away, you draw attacks of opportunity from the elementals and a third, unseen, attacker:
Elemental 1: Attack: 43, Bludgeon Damage: 14, Fire: 4
Elemental 2: Attack: 41, Bludgeon damage: 18, Fire: 8
Third attacker: Touch attack: 75, Slashing damage: 56, Holy: 1

Assuming that, for the sake of convenience, you are now facing the other platform. I'm also going to assume that, for the sake of convenience, your spellcraft will be high enough to identify the effects being sent at you. After you appear on the far platform, the two huge fire elementals each start to run towards you, on what is now, for you, the right side of the bridge. They end less than halfway towards you.

From an area about 60 ahead and to your left, four globs of pure force zip towards you from an unseen source. (Orbs of Force)
Touch attack 1: 25, Force damage: 105
Touch attack 2: 32, Force damage: 105
Touch attack 3: 38, Force damage: 105
Touch attack 4: 41, Force damage: 105

The giant ball of mouths and eyes rolls across the arena towards you with extraordinary speed. It stops next to the bridge, about 100' from you. Five of the eyestalks focus on you and unleash powerful blasts.
#1 Touch attack 76, Greater Dispel Magic effect. Opposed caster check on your existing effects: 25, 40, 27, 28, 29.
#2 Green ray, no effect
#3 Touch attack 76. Disintegrate effect. Fort save DC 22 or 133 damage. 14 damage on save.
#4 Touch attack 64. Reflex save DC 21 or 60 cold damage. Half damage on save.
#5 Touch attack 79. Reflex save DC 19 or 26 electricity damage. Half damage on save.

It then casts a flame strike on the platform you're standing on. 46 damage (half fire, half divine) Reflex save DC 24 for half.

The ball then casts kelpstrand at you. Thirteen strands of sticky vines try to wrap around you. (I can go into detail with this if needed, but the touch attacks range from 62 to 78, and the opposed grapple checks range from 76 to 92.)

Done.

mrcarter11
2010-11-28, 10:56 AM
What does kelpstand do, as in does it retain me from moving at all? Or stop teleporting? What?

mrcarter11
2010-11-28, 11:04 AM
DM

Saves and other stuff!
Reflex 1 [roll0]
Reflex 2 [roll1]
Fort 1 [roll2]

For the dispell effects, it is caster level+11 correct?

Toliudar
2010-11-28, 11:04 AM
Kelpstrand (Spell Compendium pg 128, in case you have access) essentially duplicates the effect of being grappled. In this case, by 13 opponents. So anything that would prevent grappling also foils this spell.

Could you let me know which effects hit, and which of those seem to have some effect (if, for instance, you have cold resistance that entirely eliminates damage, I'm assuming that that's something that I'd notice)?

The dispel effects are indeed opposed checks against CL+11.

mrcarter11
2010-11-28, 11:08 AM
So, teleporting still works then? Or shadowsteping? Sorry, I'm unfamiliar with so many spells, I hardly ever play a caster.. As for effects hitting me, you see that my reflexes are working quite well today.

Toliudar
2010-11-28, 11:10 AM
If your teleport effect doesn't require a somatic component, then yes, teleport would work just fine.

I'm not asking if you made your saving throws. I'm asking which of the touch attacks hit, and which of those that hit seemed to actually do anything.

mrcarter11
2010-11-28, 11:12 AM
Your orbs don't seem to do much, your rays.. Well like I said, my reflexes are quite well today.. I'm not sure how else to answer? The saves would negate it, meaning my personal protection doesn't have to.

mrcarter11
2010-11-28, 11:17 AM
DM
Eh, forgot this..
[roll0]

mrcarter11
2010-11-28, 11:21 AM
DM
My turn.. I use another WoP to summon 4 umberhulk undead in front of me, I then activate the spell Time Stop. [roll0] And that is also empowered per sudden. Giving me a total of 3 turns.
I guess I'll see what he does, after that.. Before I take my actions..

You suddenly see 4 unberhulk undead appear in front of me, does anything happen?

Toliudar
2010-11-28, 11:38 AM
As I said in my post, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and telling you the names of spells etc as they appear, so that you can gauge their effects. Here are spellcraft rolls to determine what you're casting. [roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3] [roll4]

By my count, 3 melee attacks, 4 orbs of force, and 5 rays were directed to you. Which ones hit?

For the orbs and melee attacks: did any hit but do no damage?

Assuming that the rays hit: one was a partial cold damage, one was a partial electricity damage, and one was a disintegration effect. Which of those, if any, did any harm to you?

There was a flame strike that was part fire and part divine energy. Were you harmed by this effect?

Depending on your answers to the above, there may be additional effects during your turn.

mrcarter11
2010-11-28, 11:42 AM
The strongest melee shot, the 70 something hit..
None of your orbs touched me.
The rays, well I thought you were supposed to take resistances and whatnot in effect last, so I rolled my saves, and none of the spells struck home.
The fire effect, I met the save, giving me half total.. The fire has no seeming effect on me, now the divine, does that also count towards my DR? Or just right to HP? I took it from HP, but does DR effect it?
Now, I summoned 4 umberhulk undead, does anything happen for summoning?

mrcarter11
2010-11-28, 11:48 AM
Also, while I don't think you would have any way to know, I'll tell you that you dispelled my spiderwalk. For the sake of convenience should we state if we have SR?

Toliudar
2010-11-28, 11:59 AM
Thanks. That helps tremendously.

Damage Reduction applies only to weapon attacks. It would apply against the successful attack of opportunity. That attack overcomes DR as if magic evil, and good.

If you have Spell Resistance, then please do let me know. Fanto does have spell resistance.

If all of the rays hit, then the disintegrate, cold and electricity effects still have a chance to do half damage, even with a successful save.

The disintegrate would still do 14 damage unless you have a way to block it.

The cold effect would still do 30 damage, less any cold resistance you have. If you have 30 points resistance or more, I'm assuming that I'd see the ray do no damage.

Ditto for the electricity effect, which would do 13 damage less any resistance on a successful save.

Rolling to overcome Spell Resistance with the Flame Strike: [roll0] Did the spell affect you?

When you attempt to summon the undead umber hulks, the big ball of mouths and eyes casts Bolt of Glory at you. Touch attack: 67. Untyped damage 101 points. Concentration DC 111 or lose the spell, if it is a spell or spell-like effect.

mrcarter11
2010-11-28, 12:06 PM
Well disintegrate would apply the second effect then.. You see the ice hit me as well, the electricity is a no go though. As for flame strike, yes that would overcome it, but a save and resistance already muted almost all damage.
Now that is a big spell. Huh, I was hoping that they could block an attack if you sent one at me, when I summoned them.. Okay, I know I can't make that check, still my turn though.

Toliudar
2010-11-28, 12:07 PM
The bolt of glory was a readied action, triggered by you starting to cast the summoning whatever-it-was. So the hulks weren't there when the bolt happened.

mrcarter11
2010-11-28, 12:11 PM
True Seeing goes up, what do I happen to see? Just for policy sake, still my turn.

Toliudar
2010-11-28, 12:36 PM
About 60 feet ahead and to your left, you see an old kobold woman holding a stick, standing on the lava. You see that the ball of mouths and eyes is an illusion.

mrcarter11
2010-11-28, 12:38 PM
Do I recongnize the lady as my opponent? Or do I still not see you :smallconfused:

Toliudar
2010-11-28, 12:39 PM
I don't think the two of us have met before. To be honest, I still don't know your character's name.

mrcarter11
2010-11-28, 12:42 PM
I'd say that makes sense. But I thought I remember the DM, saying in the original thread that we all knew of each other.. Keylin by the way.. Nice to meet you. And also, since I'm curious, I teleport back to my platform staying 10 feet from the side of it. Who was the unseen attacker that kept hitting me. Still my turn.

Toliudar
2010-11-28, 12:53 PM
When you attempt to teleport back to where you were standing, you find that there is something currently there. You are shunted off 10' and take [roll0] damage.

You see a balor demon standing where you were, holding a lightning bolt in both hands. Also, standing on the lava about 15' from your platform, you see an attractive, blonde human man holding a staff, wearing a big shiny hat and assorted other baubles.

mrcarter11
2010-11-28, 12:55 PM
I said that I teleport 10 from the side of it, looking at it..
That would make me 5 ft from the man.. Correct?
I'm just trying to figure out who my opponent really is, would I have seen which of the three where my real opponent when the match first started, or do I notice which the superior invis cast on them?

Toliudar
2010-11-28, 01:03 PM
The platforms are 20' diameter. 10' from the side puts you in the middle, which is where the balor is now. Or did you mean that you were 10' into the lava? In which case, it would be useful to specify a location relative to the platform.

I don't know how to answer your last question. Do you have additional divinations up that would allow you to detect the presence of Superior Invisibility?

mrcarter11
2010-11-28, 01:12 PM
10 ft from the side, going out, not in.. So over the lava.. And no, I mean, I can see it due to true seeing I believe. I mean, I would have seen which of the three it was that was my opponent when the match started, wouldn't I?

Toliudar
2010-11-28, 01:13 PM
I gave information about what you saw at the start of the match. If we assume that you are facing the ice bridge, where are you in the lava?

mrcarter11
2010-11-28, 01:22 PM
Never told me what he looks like though, as I did when you asked at the start.. You said, he is a shape shifter, so I was wondering if he is the Balor.. I guess you don't want to answer, so be it.

Toliudar
2010-11-28, 01:27 PM
Actually, I said that he WASN'T a shapeshifter. It would be reasonable to have heard that he's human.

mrcarter11
2010-11-28, 01:29 PM
I must be misreading it somewhere then.. Sorry. I guess I can't think well today.

Toliudar
2010-11-28, 01:30 PM
No worries, I just didn't want to give the wrong impression.

OOC, and don't worry if you don't want to answer, but how are you getting more than 550' of movement out of Ghost Step?

mrcarter11
2010-11-28, 01:35 PM
Yeah,, That's one of those few secrets I have on you.. I don't have much to work with here.. Your kinda stomping me.. I don't even know who to attack, I got like 3 targets.
Dumb question.. For a range of touch on a spell, do I need to hit you with a touch attack?

Toliudar
2010-11-28, 01:55 PM
Yes, that's correct. And...I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that a turn with a summons, a teleport and true seeing in it might include time stop, so I'll just remind you that you can't target me with anything while you're in the time stop.

mrcarter11
2010-11-28, 02:09 PM
How'd you get the elementals to attack me then?

mrcarter11
2010-11-28, 02:31 PM
Fair enough.. My turn

DM

3 rounds of Time Stop

Round 1

WoP for Wraithform
Standard to Ghoststep out to 20 feet away from the platform

Round 2

Standard for True Seeing
WoP for Bloodmote Swarm, center away from him, putting him of the corner of it.
[roll0] and [roll1] Con damage.
Fort save vs 15 or be nauseated.

Round 3

Stygian Rain-WoP Centered on the corner of the platform
[roll2] Reflex save vs DC 26 for half.
Standard, Spiritwall, surrounding the platform, with him against the wall. 5 feet from me.

Will save for him and Balor vs DC 24 or frightened and flee for [roll3] rounds

For touching it, he takes [roll4] negative damage.

You see me disappear and then, you feel yourself inside a swarm of insects and see yourself and Balor surrounded by a wall of screaming. Which hurts you as your against the edge of it.
Lastly, acid falls from the sky and wounds both you and your Balor.

You take 3 damage and 2 Con damage
Then 64 from the rain. Half is negative energy
You take 8 negative damage from the wall.
Saves needed are
Fort vs DC 15 or your nauseated .
Reflex vs DC 26 for half the rain damage
Will vs DC 24 or be frightened and flee for 4 rounds.

Toliudar
2010-11-28, 04:54 PM
Thanks for this:

I saw you attempt to summon. Was there another effect that followed that, and for names of all the persistent effects that followed? See spellcraft checks above. If they're not spells or SLA's but supernatural abilities, just let me know.

The balor and human are currently about 25' apart - the balor in the middle of the platform, and the human 15' away from the platform edge.

How tall is the wall? Hemisphere or open on top? What is the diameter? On what point is it centred? Is the wall opaque? Does it cut off line of effect?

Source for "Wall of Screaming"? I'm assuming my spellcraft allows me to identify it.

Is the swarm focused on the human or the balor? Is it immune to acid damage? If not, I'm assuming that the swarm is also taking 64 points of damage from the rain? Is the swarm still there after the acid rain washes through?

Also, I just realized that you'd have seen the balor's true form, which is a T-Rex dinosaur wearing a belt and a collar. Sorry if that would have changed anything.

If any of these effects give spell resistance, you'll need to roll it.

Saves:
Fort vs nausea: Fanto: [roll0] Tess: [roll1]
Reflex vs rain: Fanto: [roll2] Tess: [roll3]
Will vs wall: Fanto: [roll4] Tess: [roll5]

Edit: to be clear, I can't post next round without answers to those questions.

mrcarter11
2010-11-29, 02:52 AM
Nope.. It all happened in the blink of an eye.
It is centered on the edge of platform. With you just at its wall, so a radius of 15 ft. Tis a hemisphere. It blocks all line of sight, and provides total concealment against all physical attacks.
I always thought you had to see it cast, to identify with spellcraft?
Swarm is centered on you, and still breathing..
No SR checks needed..
Also, I forgot a d4 of damage.. So that would be [roll0]. It's from the swarm, I just forgot about it.. Do you take all the damage? Or do you have resistances to it? Or..

mrcarter11
2010-11-29, 03:26 AM
I had been curious about this spell, since it seemed to hurt quite a bit. For the Bolt of Glory.. Since you said I recognize the floating thing as an illusion, is your main character the real caster behind it, and if so, I was just double checking that you had the caster level for that range of a spell. Also, I've never played at epic level, so I'm not really sure, but a native plane, is the one your home to, and mine is still the material plane.. Since 7*12=84, I was wondering how you hit me for 101..

Toliudar
2010-11-29, 10:28 AM
Spellcraft. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/spellcraft.htm) The DC to recognize an existing spell effect is 20+the caster level. I'd still like to know what the spell is, please.

If the wall is a hemisphere, with my true form at its edge, then the human's current form is towering 10' above and outside the curve of the wall - the human is currently bisected by it, since the form he is currently in is much larger than him. If there is additional damage for being in such a situation, please let me know. Also, please let me know your current location, and whether you're still wrapped in the kelpstrands.

As far as you can tell, the human is not hurt. That's assuming that negative damage is the same thing as negative energy, and that there aren't additional effects for being in the middle of a Wall of Screaming.

It seems likely that you're looking at the 3.0 Bolt of Glory, from the Book of Exalted Deeds. I refer you to the updated Spell Compendium version, which does 15d12 to undead. I'm going on the assumption that you are indeed undead. As far as I know, we are on the material plane.

Edit: and am I right in assuming that the last spell I saw you cast on 'my' platform was Time Stop?

mrcarter11
2010-11-29, 12:02 PM
I teleported out of the kelp. I'm confused by what you mean for location of the hemisphere and how it bisects.. But yes, passing through it or just touching it deals [roll0] negative energy.. Plus a fort save vs DC 24 is required for trying to pass through it.
Ah, alright then fire away with spellcraft.. Guessing you can beat me out, so you know it is spiritwall..
Indeed it was Time Stop.

Toliudar
2010-11-29, 12:37 PM
And your current location?

Currently, Fanto is a human sized creature polymorphed into a huge sized creature. True Seeing sees the human sized creature, not the huge creature. So by placing the wall adjacent to the human figure, you put it right through my current form. Which means that some of me is outside of the wall...and can see you.

mrcarter11
2010-11-29, 12:40 PM
Your inside a hemisphere that bars LoS and I'm invisible. Who sees me?
Ah, okay then.. Didn't catch your edit in time.. I'm standing about 10 feet from the platform, further side from you, I believe.. Which makes me about 20 ft away? That make sense?

Toliudar
2010-11-29, 12:45 PM
Works for me. I'll start formulating an action. Following your lead, I may break the action up a bit this time, so will ask for results as we go.

mrcarter11
2010-11-29, 12:47 PM
That's fine, makes it easier in my opinion..
And so then, you did have the CL for the range on Bolt of Glory too?
And you notice something more ghost-like about my appearance.

Toliudar
2010-11-29, 12:57 PM
I did, actually. Also, just to be clear, now that you're where you are, the kobold woman is no longer visible.

Did you mean that you've turned invisible, or that I wouldn't have line of sight to you?

Firemagehao:
Rounds of time stop: [roll0]
Tess will save to leave Spiritwall: [roll1]

mrcarter11
2010-11-29, 01:05 PM
Nether.. Just more of, it's like I'm not all there... Any case, I had a question about your first turn.. I know you Time Stopped me, so, is it just the caster that can move during a timestop? OR can cohorts and familiars and what not move too?
I was wondering since, I guess I'm fighting three people? Anyways, I was wondering if you could attack with all three when you used Time Stop.

Toliudar
2010-11-29, 01:07 PM
Firemagehao:
Starting with Mehlmann's action:
Swift action: twinned empowered fireball, centred above Keylin. Damage [roll0] x 1.5, [roll1]10d6 x 1.5
Standard action: still to come.

A pair of fireballs streak across the arena and engulf you in flame, dealing 55 and 63 points of damage respectively. Reflex DC 22 for half damage. Both fireballs strike ethereal as normal.

Does he seem to be hurt by these?

mrcarter11
2010-11-29, 01:12 PM
Reflex [roll0]
Reflex [roll1]

He seems annoyed with them.. Not terribly much of anything else.

Toliudar
2010-11-29, 01:14 PM
Nether.. Just more of, it's like I'm not all there... Any case, I had a question about your first turn.. I know you Time Stopped me, so, is it just the caster that can move during a timestop? OR can cohorts and familiars and what not move too?
I was wondering since, I guess I'm fighting three people? Anyways, I was wondering if you could attack with all three when you used Time Stop.

Familiars and animal companions can share spells. Cohorts cannot.

So, you're not invisible, then, right? Just kind of misty?

mrcarter11
2010-11-29, 01:16 PM
Insubstantial, I guess you could say.

I think I officially feel ****ty about this match.

Toliudar
2010-11-29, 01:31 PM
Firemagehao:
Balance of Mehlmann's turn: standard action teleport to a point 140' "south" of Keylin.
5' step down into the lava.

Fanto:
Move action: relocate ball.
5 eyerays, starting with Greater Dispel Magic and Prismatic Spray. Touch attacks [roll0] [roll1] Opposed checks for greater dispel magic [roll2] [roll3] [roll4] [roll5] [roll6] [roll7] [roll8]. Prismatic ray [roll9]

Toliudar
2010-11-29, 01:35 PM
I think that next round we should go with the couple of rounds of buffing. All the paperwork from this is hurting my head.

The big ball at the far end of the arena rolls to a point about 50' away from Keylin and casts two rays at Keylin.

Ray 1: Touch attack 70. Effect as Greater Dispel Magic, targeting you. Opposed checks for all existing effects: 26, 37, 29, 39, 25, 30. Let me know if I need more.
Ray 2: Touch attack 65. Take 80 points of electricity damage, Reflex DC 23 for half.

Let me know whether I see (Greater Arcane Sight) any of Keylin's auras disappear, and whether the electricity seems to damage him.

mrcarter11
2010-11-29, 01:40 PM
Would the electric ray go against miss chance? And no auras seem to disappear.
And do I see the T-Rex come out, Or the guy Or anything similar to that?

Toliudar
2010-11-29, 02:47 PM
Neither the t-rex nor the man emerges from the dome, but my turn's not done yet.

A miss chance would apply to both rays. Low is good: [roll0] [roll1]

Toliudar
2010-11-29, 03:10 PM
Firemagehao:
Three more rays:
Disintegrate. touch attack: [roll0] Full damage: [roll1] Damage on save: [roll2] Miss chance (low is good) [roll3]
Cone of cold: touch attack: [roll4] Cold damage: [roll5] Miss chance (low is good) [roll6]
Magic Missile: touch attack: [roll7] Force damage: [roll8]

Swift actions:
Targeted Greater Dispel Magic on Keylin. Dispel checks as relevant: [roll9] [roll10] [roll11] [roll12] [roll13] [roll14]

Kelpstrand on Keylin.
1 Touch attack [roll15] Miss chance: [roll16]
2 Touch attack [roll17] Miss chance: [roll18]
3 Touch attack [roll19] Miss chance: [roll20]
4 Touch attack [roll21] Miss chance: [roll22]
5 Touch attack [roll23] Miss chance: [roll24]
6 Touch attack [roll25] Miss chance: [roll26]
7 Touch attack [roll27] Miss chance: [roll28]
8 Touch attack [roll29] Miss chance: [roll30]
9 Touch attack [roll31] Miss chance: [roll32]
10 Touch attack [roll33] Miss chance: [roll34]
11 Touch attack [roll35] Miss chance: [roll36]
12 Touch attack [roll37] Miss chance: [roll38]
13 Touch attack [roll39] Miss chance: [roll40]

Toliudar
2010-11-29, 03:16 PM
Three more rays come from the illusionary ball.

Ray 3: Touch attack: 74, Miss chance: 86 (assuming a miss).
Ray 4: Touch attack: 76, Miss chance: 83 (assuming a miss)
Ray 5: Touch attack: 71, Force effect so I'm assuming no miss chance, 17 force damage.

The ball then casts a targeted Greater Dispel Magic on Keylin. Dispel checks as follows: 39, 21, 37, 29, 32, 34. Please let me know if any auras disappear.

It then casts Kelpstrand on Keylin.
1 Touch attack (1d20+59)[76] Miss chance: (1d100)[12]
2 Touch attack (1d20+59)[69] Miss chance: (1d100)[32]
3 Touch attack (1d20+59)[72] Miss chance: (1d100)[92]
4 Touch attack (1d20+59)[65] Miss chance: (1d100)[6]
5 Touch attack (1d20+59)[61] Miss chance: (1d100)[48]
6 Touch attack (1d20+59)[70] Miss chance: (1d100)[94]
7 Touch attack (1d20+59)[63] Miss chance: (1d100)[53]
8 Touch attack (1d20+59)[79] Miss chance: (1d100)[57]
9 Touch attack (1d20+59)[79] Miss chance: (1d100)[66]
10 Touch attack (1d20+59)[70] Miss chance: (1d100)[19]
11 Touch attack (1d20+59)[69] Miss chance: (1d100)[15]
12 Touch attack (1d20+59)[71] Miss chance: (1d100)[80]
13 Touch attack (1d20+59)[65] Miss chance: (1d100)[82]

I haven't bothered rolling opposed grapple checks, but they're all in the 60-80 range. Let me know if we need to roll these, and how many of the strands actually take hold.

Turn not done yet.

mrcarter11
2010-11-29, 06:45 PM
Assuming my chance counts from the top, down. Both rays are misses and 4 of your strands miss me.

Toliudar
2010-11-29, 08:12 PM
Firemagehao
Fanto: standard action, Casting Time Stop (already rolled, got 3 rounds).

Round 1:
Fanto:
Move action: switch perceptions back to Fanto's actual body.
Swift action 1: Cast Silence on a point just above Keylin's head. Overcoming SR: [roll0]
Swift action 2: Cast Mass Make Manifest, centred on a point 20' away from Keylin, in the opposite direction from Fanto. Overcoming SR: [roll1]
Standard Action: Casts Fire Storm, covering such an area that it only hits Keylin. [roll2] fire damage. OVercoming SR: [roll3]

Tess:
Move to a point that is 10' away from Keylin, outside of the Spiritwall, and still within 30' of Fanto.

More to come.

firemagehao
2010-11-29, 08:36 PM
Can you both post your Hp as well in your next posts please (current HP/total). I just want to gauge how far along the match is.

Toliudar
2010-11-29, 08:50 PM
Firemagehao:
Time Stop, round 2:

Fanto:
Move action: pull out metamagic rod of twinned spell.
Standard action: Firestorm, again targeting areas where Tess and Fanto will not be. [roll0] fire damage.
Swift action 1: Twinned Cometfall, centred on a point adjacent to Keylin, away from Tess. Deals [roll1] and [roll2] untyped damage, reflex save DC 30 for half. Knocked prone on a failed save.
Swift action 2: identical twinned Cometfalls. [roll3] and [roll4]

Tess:
Growls, dissatisfied that this one will not taste good afterward.

Time Stop, Round 3:

Fanto:
Swift action 1: twinned cometfalls, as above. [roll5] and [roll6]
Swift action 2: Flame strike, targeted so that Keylin is on the edge, and the centre is away from Tess.
Move action: put away rod.
Standard action: Ready an action to cast Bolt of Glory if Keylin tries to cast a 2nd spell. He will ignore a first spell cast.

Tess:
Tenses to jump.

Time stop ends. Instantaneous effects happen.

Tess takes her turn. She activates 20 points of Shocktrooper to drop her AC to 67, and full attacks. These rolls will actually be better if Keylin is knocked prone, and if he is (presumably) still grappled, he loses his dex to AC.
Attack 1: [roll7] Damage: [roll8] slashing, [roll9] holy.
Attack 2: [roll10] Damage: [roll11] slashing, [roll12] holy.
Attack 3: [roll13] Damage: [roll14] slashing, [roll15] holy.
Attack 4: [roll16] Damage: [roll17] slashing, [roll18] holy.
Attack 5: [roll19] Damage: [roll20] slashing, [roll21] holy.

Elementals double move back. They will not be able to get around the spiritwall, so will instead attempt a running jump to clear the ice bridge. 10' wide is DC 10. [roll22] [roll23]. With a double move, they'll probably get to about 140 from the action this round.

With Temporary HP, Fanto is at 795.

Toliudar
2010-11-29, 08:58 PM
A bunch of rolls to overcome miss chances, in case Make Manifest doesn't work on him. Low is good.

Firestorms: [roll0] [roll1]
Cometfalls: [roll2] [roll3] [roll4]
Tess has a ghost shroud, so should be able to avoid miss chances from wraithform with her attacks.

Oh, and AoO from Tess, if Keylin attempts to cast a spell:
[roll5] Damage: [roll6] slashing, [roll7] sacred.

Toliudar
2010-11-29, 09:07 PM
Didn't roll SR for the second firestorm: [roll0]
And more miss chances for comets: [roll1] [roll2] [roll3]

Toliudar
2010-11-29, 09:12 PM
Damage, SR, Miss chance for flame strike: [roll0] [roll1] [roll2]

Toliudar
2010-11-29, 09:17 PM
You see the illusionary puffball cast Time Stop.

A number of effects strike at the same time:

You immediately sense that you once again can't cast defensively.

All sound disappears (Silence Spell. I've had different DM's rule differently about whether SR applies if you're not actually the target of the spell (Keylin isn't), so I'm rolling to overcome anyway. My roll was 45.)

The world tries to force you back to being entirely on this plane. (Mass Make Manifest, from the Spell Compendium. SR roll is 42. Let me know if you stop being insubstantial.

You are engulfed in two Firestorms. Both are reflex DC 41 for half.
#1: Damage: 71, SR: 51 Miss chance (if still relevant): 44 (low is good)
#2: Damage: 62, SR: 49. Miss chance (if still relevant): 71

Six comets (as per Cometfall spell) strike you. All are untyped damage, no SR, reflex save DC 40 for half damage and not knocked prone.
#1: Damage: 59 Miss chance: 15
#2: Damage: 46 Miss chance: 36
#3: Damage: 51 Miss chance: 57
#4: Damage: 56 Miss chance: 54
#5: Damage: 49 Miss chance: 29
#6: Damage: 52 Miss chance: 15

And then a flame strike hits for 58 points. Reflex save DC 38 for half damage. Half damage is fire, the other half is divine. SR: 51. Miss chance: 14.

Keylin notices that the T-Rex/Balor is out of the Spiritwall, standing about 10' away from him on the lava, holding the lightning bolt in both hands. It does not seem happy to be there. Full attack:
Attack 1: rolled a 1. Damage: [85] slashing, [5] holy. - auto miss.
Attack 2: [55] Damage: [84] slashing, [6] holy.
Attack 3: [49] Damage: [83] slashing, [1] holy.
Attack 4: [59] Damage: [86] slashing, [4] holy.
Attack 5: [52] Damage: [85] slashing, [2] holy.
If you failed any of the reflex saves vs the comets, you are now prone, and the attack rolls above are 4 higher. If you are still grappled, you lose Dex and Dodge bonuses to AC.

The lava around you is now covered in dense rubble. I leave it to your imagination to figure out what that might look like.

The two big elementals screech to a halt, and begin running back towards you. Both try to hop over to the side of the ice bridge where you now are, and one wipes out, remaining on the far side of the bridge. They are about 140'-160' away from you.

Fanto is not currently in your line of sight.

Keylin hears a quiet, gruff voice in his head. "If you surrender now, the first beer is on me. We have no wish to kill you."

Done.

mrcarter11
2010-11-29, 11:16 PM
DM only..

You can skip this, as it is pure rant.. Hate that dam spell, all he ever does is time stop me, then go superior invis, and start launching a billzillion dam spells at me. Not to mention he won't tell me who my god dam opponent even is, I have to fight 3 different people. With no knowledge of which is Fanto. This is bs.

Now I got 654 minus this turn's worth of ****.
Reflex 1 [roll0]
Reflex 2 [roll1]
Reflex 3 [roll2]
Reflex 4 [roll3]
Reflex 5 [roll4]
Reflex 6 [roll5]
Reflex 7 [roll6]
Reflex 8 [roll7]
Reflex 9 [roll8]

A quick look around, in all directions including up and down, with True Seeing active doesn't reveal him?
Do I see what he used to make himself disappear that well?

In any case, that response is the same.
"If you use that god dam spell again, your officially the biggest piece of **** I've ever met. Not that you currently far from it."

Toliudar
2010-11-29, 11:19 PM
Well, the last time you saw Fanto, he was inside that dome that you put up. Maybe he's still in there. And I wasn't going to use Time Stop again...but then YOU used it.

mrcarter11
2010-11-29, 11:24 PM
I meant, I can hear him, so is he around, I look in all directions..
I used a spell that you started a match with, and I act by myself within said spell..
You act as 2-3 people within said spell, so ending point would be thus far you have continually used it as your only method of beating me.
Also, is my swarm still inhabiting a host? Or even alive?

Toliudar
2010-11-29, 11:27 PM
This was only my second time stop, but I tell you what: I'll lay off Time stop from now on if you will. Deal?

Unless you're breaking the silence effect, you definitely can't hear Fanto, or anything else. If you do break it...there are still magics at play (Superior Invisibility) that make it extremely unlikely that you'd hear him. And, as I've said, he's not currently in your line of sight.

mrcarter11
2010-11-29, 11:30 PM
Alright the silence I had forgotten..
And I don't honestly care, if you want to use the spell do it. I think its cheap, but I got it and can use it too. It can be fun if I need something done quick.

mrcarter11
2010-11-30, 10:33 PM
Okay, Spiritwall as my standard action. Hemisphere screaming outwards this time, the wall on me.. So I heal [roll0]. Anyways, a will save of DC vs 24 or flee in terror.. Then as a move action I descend into the lava at my full move speed.. He's killing me with Time Stop, I gotta heal somehow.

All you see, is another screaming wall appear, you recognize as the same as the other one that was erected. The high pitch wailing seems to rattle you just a bit.
Everything in 60 feet of me makes a will save vs DC 24 or you flee in terror..

Toliudar
2010-11-30, 10:51 PM
Mrcarter, before we get to your action, could you let me know if, at the beginning of your action:

Does the silence seems to be affecting you (ie, can I hear you?)

Does you still look insubstantial?

Are you still grappled by 10 strands of kelp?

Were you were knocked prone by the comets?

Did you seem to take any damage from each of the cold ray, the electricity ray and the firestorms?

Which of the balor/t-rex's attacks hit?

mrcarter11
2010-11-30, 11:33 PM
Yes I still seem ghosty.
It would seem Silence is still in effect.
The kelp would be there, I think..
Nope, still standing as far as I know.
I did seem to look more annoyed then usual at your fire attacks.
And his attacks really didn't seem to faze me much.

Toliudar
2010-12-01, 04:04 PM
You made all your saves vs the 6 comets? Impressive.

When you cast (I'm assuming that this is a Stilled, Silent version then, since both the grappling and the silence are in effect) spiritwall, you draw an attack of opportunity from the balor/t-rex. Touch attack 70. If Keylin is still grappled, dex and dodge bonuses do not apply. Damage 86 points slashing (counts as magic, good and evil), 1 points sacred.

Does the Spiritwall still go up?

mrcarter11
2010-12-01, 07:06 PM
Actually I had forgotten that detail. Um.. Well what would should I do then? Is my action simply receded?

Toliudar
2010-12-01, 07:36 PM
I have no problem with you backtracking to the beginning of your turn.

mrcarter11
2010-12-01, 10:57 PM
I use WoP Ghost Step to move 50 feet down, and 50 feet forward. I then use a standard action to heal myself.
1.[roll0]
2.[roll1]
3.[roll2]
4.[roll3]
5.[roll4]
6.[roll5]
7.[roll6]
8.[roll7]
9.[roll8]
10.[roll9]
11.[roll10]
12.[roll11]
13.[roll12]
14.[roll13]

Rolls, for sixes.
1.[roll14]
2.[roll15]
3.[roll16]
4.[roll17]
5.[roll18]
6.[roll19]
7.[roll20]
8.[roll21]

Miss chance for the attack I know is coming.. [roll22]

Okay, so I've never actually had someone point that out to me, I feel somewhat stupid. And feel like I'm fighting the definition of a rules lawyer. Any case, guess I won't be using WoP, so it will act as a standard Ghost Step. IF DM rules allowed, I'll save it for next round if I heal.. If he doesn't rule or I don't heal, the rules will be null and void.

You see me Step again, teleporting elsewhere.

Toliudar
2010-12-02, 10:35 AM
Is the step that you're using a still and silenced spell, a spell-like ability, or something else altogether? If you're using the Ghost Step ability, even the Word of Powered version still requires a verbal component. Also, your answer influences whether you trigger the attack of opportunity.

mrcarter11
2010-12-02, 11:26 AM
I've never had a DM say that. I'll actually had them tell me, since it doesn't clarify that I need to take into account the components of a spell, I can disallow them :smallconfused:

Toliudar
2010-12-02, 11:30 AM
I don't understand. This is the Word of Power effect you're using, right?

Invoke Word of Power [Metamagic]
Your skill and power allow you to bypass some of your invocational processes and use power words to accomplish your magic.
Prerequisites: Ability to use lesser invocations, Spellcraft 8 ranks.
Benefit: You are capable of bypassing the casting times and requirements for your invocations, boiling them down to swift action invocations that only require a vocal and material component. The invocation to be turned into a power word must have a casting time of 1 standard action or faster. This feat gives you the ability to turn any one invocation you can cast into a swift action power word 3/day.
Special: This feat may be taken multiple times for additional uses.

It explicitly references the need for a vocal component. Am I misunderstanding something?

mrcarter11
2010-12-02, 11:39 AM
I meant in the based stuff for invocations not WoP.. I don't have to use WoP..

Toliudar
2010-12-02, 11:50 AM
Ah! I understand. My apologies.

In that case, the effect does trigger the attack from the balor/t-rex. Does the effect still succeed (concentration check, unless you have some special ability to ignore that).

mrcarter11
2010-12-02, 11:51 AM
I'm not sure why I'm making this spoiler but I feel a need to..

No the attack doesn't seem to do anything.

Toliudar
2010-12-02, 11:57 AM
Do you mean that the attack passes through you, misses you or is in some way prevented?

mrcarter11
2010-12-02, 12:00 PM
It doesn't hit me, not good enough?

Toliudar
2010-12-02, 12:03 PM
Um. No, not good enough. I'd think that the creature attacking you would know whether the blade was turned aside or passed through without hitting anything. Make sense?

mrcarter11
2010-12-02, 12:06 PM
Eh.. Perhaps.. Although I'd imagine trying to sta- Actually never mind, it seems to go through him as if he isn't even there.

Toliudar
2010-12-02, 12:08 PM
All right. So the attack goes through Keylin's body as if he's not there, and he disappears, presumably leaving the kelp behind. Anything else?

mrcarter11
2010-12-02, 12:08 PM
Nope, that should pass for just about everything

firemagehao
2010-12-02, 05:57 PM
Everything mrcarter has done is fine, and he is not disqualified, because he is still in the arena.

Toliudar
2010-12-02, 07:21 PM
Firemagehao:
So I can reasonably assume that the arena extends 10' down into the lava, as you specified at the beginning of the match? That's how I've been basing my actions. A reason why, for instance, I didn't just bury myself in the lava at the start and use proxies to fight the battle.

On that basis, he must be within 10' of the surface. Great! I can dig him out.

I start by casting a quickened Locate Creature, looking for Keylin. Please let me know the results.

Fanto's turn has started. Not done yet - waiting for further response from Firemagehao.

mrcarter11
2010-12-02, 08:15 PM
How would he know where I went, without reading my spoiled tags? :smallmad:

Toliudar
2010-12-03, 10:11 AM
I can see everywhere else, so you've gone down, and I assumed you'd ignore the rule about not teleporting into a solid object. I just wanted to be sure about how far down I need to look, because if this arena goes down an infinite amount, it could be a very long and tedious match.

Edit: and the obvious follow-up to that would be...why would you think that I knew where you were, unless you'd read my spoiler tag? :smallwink:

mrcarter11
2010-12-03, 11:31 AM
Fire's post in this thread makes me feel like you are, that's all.

Toliudar
2010-12-03, 11:32 AM
Ah. I thought he was responding to my question in the OOC thread. Firemagehao, isn't that the case?

firemagehao
2010-12-03, 03:44 PM
I was, in fact, responding to the question in the OOC thread.

Toliudar
2010-12-03, 03:53 PM
Firemagehao:
Repeating my question from above. The projected image is casting a quickened Locate Creature, looking for Keylin. The image is currently located approximately 100' from the edge of the platform. Please let me know the results.

firemagehao
2010-12-03, 03:57 PM
ToliudarI would like to point out that the first post has not been edited.
Can you point out were it says the lava is only 10' deep. I can't find it.
What is the range of quickened locate?

Toliudar
2010-12-03, 04:19 PM
Firemagehao:
I wasn't referencing the first post, but your answers to the questions here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9822671&postcount=6) If he's still in the arena as you've defined it, then I'm good.

For Fanto, the range of Locate Creature (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/locateCreature.htm) is 1920 feet.

Toliudar
2010-12-05, 05:20 PM
Bumpity bump.

firemagehao
2010-12-05, 08:28 PM
I think it says "the magma 10' below you."

For the locate person, are there any checks involved? It is your turn Toliudar, right?

Toliudar
2010-12-06, 05:08 AM
Firemagehao:

Re: Magma. So how deep can I go into the lava before I'm considered to have surrendered?

Re: My turn. Sure is. Just waiting on the results of the spell. Which has no save and no SR. But I'm relying on you for the results, unless we should be reading each other's spoilers. Please advise.

Toliudar
2010-12-07, 10:22 AM
Okay, so it's been a week since I posted my question to Firemagehao, so I'm just going to start posting actions out of spoilers, and Mrcarter can tell me when something isn't possible.

Fanto:

Swift action: Casting locate creature (Keylin) on himself.
Swift action: Casting locate creature (Keylin) on Tess.
Triangulate Keylin's position, wherever in the arena it is, based on the information from those two spells. Based on Mrcarter's "how would he know where I am" comment, I'm assuming that I guessed right and he's in the magma somewhere. Mrcarter, could you either give me your current location, or explain why I wouldn't know it?
Move action: switch his perceptions back from the projected image.
Standard action: cast time stop, because this has long since stopped being fun, and I just want this over now. Rounds: [roll0]

Toliudar
2010-12-07, 11:01 AM
Time Stop rounds:

Round 1:

Swift action: Master Earth to move Fanto and Tess to 10' on either side of Keylin.
Swift action: cast Mass Make Manifest (Spell Compendium pg 137) on a point in Keylin's space. All creatures objects within 20' become corporeal while in a 20' radius from that point. Roll to overcome spell resistance: [roll0]
Standard action: cast Dimension Lock on Keylin's space. Roll to overcome spell resistance: [roll1]

Round 2:
Swift action: cast Faerie Fire, centred on Keylin's space. Roll to overcome spell resistance: [roll2]
Swift action: cast Mass Make Manifest (Spell Compendium pg 137) on a point in Keylin's space. All creatures objects within 20' become corporeal while in a 20' radius from that point. Roll to overcome spell resistance: [roll3]
Standard action: cast Dimension Lock on Keylin's space. Roll to overcome spell resistance: [roll4]

End time stop.

Tess' action:
Full attack on Keylin. 50% miss chances as if invisible, because no line of sight in the magma (low is success). Attacks are as from an invisible opponent, so no dex to AC. Overcomes DR as before.
[roll5] Slashing damage: [roll6] Holy damage: [roll7] Miss chance: [roll8]
[roll9] Slashing damage: [roll10] Holy damage: [roll11] Miss chance: [roll12]
[roll13] Slashing damage: [roll14] Holy damage: [roll15] Miss chance: [roll16]
[roll17] Slashing damage: [roll18] Holy damage: [roll19] Miss chance: [roll20]
[roll21] Slashing damage: [roll22] Holy damage: [roll23] Miss chance: [roll24]
[roll25] Slashing damage: [roll26] Holy damage: [roll27] Miss chance: [roll28]

Waiting to post Mehlmann's turn, pending finding out where Keylin is.

mrcarter11
2010-12-07, 12:22 PM
You see me 30 ft down in magma. I'm whole. Lastly, why do I lose Dex? I got True Seeing, how don't I see you?

Tess takes the submerged damage, unless it has resistance..

Toliudar
2010-12-07, 12:26 PM
You don't see me, and I don't see you, because there's 5' of molten rock between us. However, if you want to go with us seeing each other, that's fine. Just eliminate the miss chances from Tess' attacks, and add back in your dex bonus (unless the make manifest has taken effect. If you're trapped in the rock, I'm guessing that that also eliminates dex to AC.

Tess has immunity. I'm assuming Keylin does as well?

mrcarter11
2010-12-07, 12:28 PM
Okay so invis.. And sure

Toliudar
2010-12-07, 12:34 PM
Mehlmann uses a swift action to cast True Strike, then 5' steps to the surface of the magma and readies an action to cast a twinned empowered maximized orb of force at Keylin if he reappears on the surface and is within range.

Orb 1: [roll0] damage 105.
Orb 2: [roll1] damage 105.

End of turn. Please let me know what happened.

mrcarter11
2010-12-07, 12:37 PM
Well.. I can't check my sheet at work, so have to wait until I'm home.

firemagehao
2010-12-07, 05:48 PM
Firemagehao:

Re: Magma. So how deep can I go into the lava before I'm considered to have surrendered?

Re: My turn. Sure is. Just waiting on the results of the spell. Which has no save and no SR. But I'm relying on you for the results, unless we should be reading each other's spoilers. Please advise.
Magma: I specified this in the OOC thread. As soon as you go under at all while in a normal state (aka not incorporeal) you take 20d6 damage per round.

Turn: Sorry, I just expected mrcarter to answer, as he did. I will be more clear in the future.

mrcarter11
2010-12-09, 06:01 PM
So you see a single attack appear to damage me.. My turn then?

Toliudar
2010-12-09, 07:25 PM
I'm done. I think it's your turn.

mrcarter11
2010-12-09, 11:27 PM
First and foremost.. What's the reach on the T-rex..
Second what does the Dimension Lock and Faerie do?

Toliudar
2010-12-09, 11:34 PM
The T-Rex has been able to hit you from a distance of 10 feet.

Dimensional Lock (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/dimensionalLock.htm)

Faerie Fire. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/faerieFire.htm)

Sorry - left the "fire" out of my post.

mrcarter11
2010-12-10, 12:22 AM
I pull to the direct side length in between the two of you, hopefully avoiding any AoO's.. Then an energy of sorts rips out at Fanto.. Then you see another energy shoot out at him.

Fanto needs to make two Fort save vs DC 26
DM

I use avasculate as WoP. Then another time as the invocation.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Miss
[roll2]
[roll3]

SR
[roll4]
[roll5]

Toliudar
2010-12-10, 12:49 AM
No AoO's because I can't see you. I'm assuming that, because you're able to move, that the 56 on Make Manifest failed to beat your Spell Resistance?

Fort saves: [roll0] [roll1]

If the effect allows spell resistance, please make spell resistance rolls.

Please let me know whether the effects are area effects, or target Fanto directly.

Spellcraft: [roll2] to identify the effect.

End of your turn?

mrcarter11
2010-12-10, 06:59 AM
As long as it simply makes me whole, then no movement effect.. I'm whole.. Whats the SR needed?

Toliudar
2010-12-10, 09:39 AM
I was under the impression that you were able to be moving around under the lava because of incorporeality. Make manifest makes you corporeal. This was the point of casting it.

SR is 51.

mrcarter11
2010-12-10, 11:39 AM
Nah, not quite.. At least the way, I'd think it..

And my rolls didn't conquer your SR so..

Toliudar
2010-12-10, 12:26 PM
Not worth arguing about the make manifest - it'd just give you something else to whine about. What WAS the effect that you tried to hit me with?

I couldn't figure out what you meant by your movement, so I'll just say that Fanto and Tess move to adjust to the same positions as last round.

For all miss chances, low is good:

A series of rays zip towards Keylin (all are touch attacks, dex does not apply, as discussed above):

Greater Dispel Magic effect: Attack [roll0] Miss [roll1] - Missed
Dispel checks, as needed: [roll2] [roll3] [roll4] [roll5] [roll6] [roll7]

Cold ray: Attack [roll8] Miss [roll9] Damage [roll10] - Missed

Disintegrate ray: Attack [roll11] Miss [roll12] Damage: [roll13] if a DC 22 fort save is failed, otherwise [roll14] - Missed

Force ray: Attack [roll15] Miss [roll16] Damage: [roll17] - Missed

Prismatic Spray effect: Attack [roll18] Miss [roll19] Colour of ray: [roll20] - Missed

Quickened spell 1: Bolt of Glory: Touch attack (no dex): [roll21] Miss [roll22] - Missed
Quickened spell 2: Bolt of Glory: Touch attack (no dex): [roll23] Miss [roll24] - Missed

Standard action - 12 bite attacks (Touch attacks, no dex to AC, attacks count as good, bludgeoning, slashing, piercing and epic)
Bite [roll25] Miss [roll26] Bite damage: [roll27] Holy Damage: [roll28] - Missed
Bite [roll29] Miss [roll30] Bite damage: [roll31] Holy Damage: [roll32] - Missed
Bite [roll33] Miss [roll34] Bite damage: [roll35] Holy Damage: [roll36] - Missed
Bite [roll37] Miss [roll38] Bite damage: [roll39] Holy Damage: [roll40] - 52 damage
Bite [roll41] Miss [roll42] Bite damage: [roll43] Holy Damage: [roll44] - 45 damage
Bite [roll45] Miss [roll46] Bite damage: [roll47] Holy Damage: [roll48] - 48 damage
Bite [roll49] Miss [roll50] Bite damage: [roll51] Holy Damage: [roll52] - Missed
Bite [roll53] Miss [roll54] Bite damage: [roll55] Holy Damage: [roll56] - Missed
Bite [roll57] Miss [roll58] Bite damage: [roll59] Holy Damage: [roll60] - 54 damage
Bite [roll61] Miss [roll62] Bite damage: [roll63] Holy Damage: [roll64] - 44 damage
Bite [roll65] Miss [roll66] Bite damage: [roll67] Holy Damage: [roll68] - 43 damage
Bite [roll69] Miss [roll70] Bite damage: [roll71] Holy Damage: [roll72] - Missed

Tess, full attack, 10 points of power attack, attacks count as magic, good:
Attack [roll73] Miss [roll74] Slashing damage [roll75] Holy [roll76] - 65 damage
Attack [roll77] Miss [roll78] Slashing damage [roll79] Holy [roll80] - Missed
Attack [roll81] Miss [roll82] Slashing damage [roll83] Holy [roll84] - 63 damage
Attack [roll85] Miss [roll86] Slashing damage [roll87] Holy [roll88] - 66 damage
Attack [roll89] Miss [roll90] Slashing damage [roll91] Holy [roll92] - Missed
Attack [roll93] Miss [roll94] Slashing damage [roll95] Holy [roll96] - Missed

Total damage: 437

Mehlmann maintains her readied action.

mrcarter11
2010-12-10, 12:31 PM
If your comment is targeted at my annoyance with your Time Stop.. We had already decided against using it more, and you still persisted in using it.. I consider that bad sportsmanship.. That's my opinion..

firemagehao
2010-12-10, 05:25 PM
Could you post HP in spoilers.

Toliudar
2010-12-10, 05:47 PM
As soon as you raised an objection to Time Stop, I immediately offered to stop using it. You said "no, it's okay". And have used it yourself. And then continued to complain about it. Look. Time stop is off the table. I'm not using it any more. The net effect of the time stops has been a few extra cometfalls' worth of damage to you, that's it.

I'm doing what I can to respond to your questions. I find it bad sportsmanship that you don't provide information that I've established I should be able to access. Like the nature of the effect that you just used on me. Or that you ask for my specifics (spell resistance, caster level, etc), but don't supply your own.

Mostly, though, I guess I was reacting to being called a ****.

HP: 795.

mrcarter11
2010-12-11, 02:52 AM
Guess I'll be a prat as well.
Time Stop. Maximized.. 5 rounds.. I'm gonna buff.
Round 1

Stygian Rain WoP [roll0] Half acid, half negative energy
Heart of Stone

Round 2

Cannibalize Magic
Auto Success [roll1]
Haste

Round 3

WoP Vapirc Aura
Healing
1. [roll2]
2. [roll3]
3. [roll4]
4. [roll5]
5. [roll6]
6. [roll7]
7. [roll8]
8. [roll9]
9. [roll10]
10. [roll11]
11. [roll12]
12. [roll13]
13. [roll14]
14. [roll15]

Bonus
1. [roll16]
2. [roll17]
3. [roll18]
4. [roll19]
5. [roll20]
6. [roll21]

Round 4

Stygian Rain [roll22]
WoP Bloodmote swarm targeted with him in it.
[roll23] damage and [roll24] con
Fort save vs DC 15

Round 5

Healing
1. [roll25]
2. [roll26]
3. [roll27]
4. [roll28]
5. [roll29]
6. [roll30]
7. [roll31]
8. [roll32]
9. [roll33]
10. [roll34]
11. [roll35]
12. [roll36]
13. [roll37]
14. [roll38]

Bonus
1. [roll39]
2. [roll40]
3. [roll41]
4. [roll42]
5. [roll43]
6. [roll44]
Activate Heart of Stone. Functions as DR 40

Last swift action
WoP Killing Touch targeted at the T-Rex SR [roll45] Guessing he can make a fort save vs DC 28 so instead [roll46]
Aura steals [roll47] and [roll48] Fort Save vs DC 24. Both have to do it..
Reflex Saves vs DC 27

Okay, I was okay with it.. My personal opinion is it's okay.. But the question was raised in the general OOC for this game, and I thought it was decided against use..
And I'd disagree about the effects of the Time Stops, but oh well.
Usually your spellcraft crafts get overlooked when I'm posting mostly because I know you hit it and I plan to add it at the end, and just always forget.. That which was used on you last turn was avasculate.
As for caster level, for invocations it's generally 28. For spells, it depends which list I draw from. And as for asking for stuff, it's just habit..
Being called a ****? I'm not sure what exactly I said, or where..

Needed for this..
Reflex 1: DC 27 for half damage vs 59 which is half acid, half negative energy
Reflex 1: DC 27 for half damage vs 49 which is half acid, half negative energy
A Bloodmote swarm is active on you.. You lose 2 in health and 2 Con
DC 15 vs being nauseated.
T-Rex's SR goes against 43 need a Fort save vs DC 28 or death.. If it makes the save, it still takes 30
Lastly you both need Fort checks vs DC 24 to take half damage of 13

Toliudar
2010-12-11, 10:11 AM
"Piece of ****" (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9862820&postcount=108) You can say it's IC, but that's a pretty thin justification.

I don't understand what our disagreement is about the effect of time stops? I don't remember any such agreement. I did point out that you can't target others with effects while in a time stop, but that's straight from the text of the spell - I don't know how you can disagree about that.

Again, if I could have names of effects, that'd be great. Should I assume that none of these require SR checks, attack rolls, miss chances, etc? Remember that we still can't see each other?

Fire damage that the bloodmote swarm on me takes for being immersed in lava: [roll0]. Please let me know if it's still alive at the end if its own action.

mrcarter11
2010-12-11, 11:24 AM
Nope, I was being nice that time.. Any time, SR was required I told you..
I believe it was all, Stygian Rain, A Bloodmote Swarm, Vampiric Aura, and Killing Touch on the T-Rex which needs SR.. And I told you what the roll was.
Not the effect of what it does, the effect that it has had on this game..
And yes the swarm is still active on you.
And if you consider it then.. Well that's iyho.. A really can't see a champion of a death god saying nice things to you..

Toliudar
2010-12-11, 11:55 AM
Killing touch (both from the name and the description) would seem to require require a touch attack. What was your attack roll and miss chance?

I'm assuming you've also added on the damage from the stygian rain to the bloodmote swarm? And since you're also in the area of the rain, that you've also rolled your saves? :smallwink:

Saves:
Fanto Reflex: [roll0]+mod, [roll1]+mod
Fort save vs nausea: [roll2]+mod
Fanto, Tess fort saves vs vampiric aura: [roll3]+mod, [roll4]+mod

That's it, then? All done?

mrcarter11
2010-12-11, 12:33 PM
Yep I'm done.. You take anything from all that?

Toliudar
2010-12-11, 01:29 PM
Both Fanto and Tess are still under the effects of superior invisibility. The shapes that they make in the lava are intact and cheerful.

Please note that I haven't processed the touch attack on Tess, pending the attack roll and miss chance.

Tess full-attacks again. Again, touch attacks, no dex.
Attack: [roll0] Miss: [roll1] Slashing: [roll2] Holy: [roll3] - 68 damage
Attack: [roll4] Miss: [roll5] Slashing: [roll6] Holy: [roll7] - 71 damage
Attack: [roll8] Miss: [roll9] Slashing: [roll10] Holy: [roll11] - 72 damage
Attack: [roll12] Miss: [roll13] Slashing: [roll14] Holy: [roll15] - miss
Attack: [roll16] Miss: [roll17] Slashing: [roll18] Holy: [roll19] - 65 damage
Attack: [roll20] Miss: [roll21] Slashing: [roll22] Holy: [roll23] - 66 damage

Ray attacks:
Greater Dispel Magic: Attack: [roll24] Miss: [roll25] - miss
Opposed checks: [roll26] [roll27] [roll28] [roll29] [roll30] [roll31] [roll32]
Cold ray: [roll33] Miss: [roll34] Cold damage: [roll35] Reflex save 27 for half.
Prismatic ray: [roll36] Miss: [roll37] Ray: [roll38] - no effect
Disintegrate ray: [roll39] Miss: [roll40] DC 27 fort save or [roll41] damage, or [roll42] damage on the save. - hit, I'm assuming

Quickened spell 1: Dimensional Anchor: Attack [roll43], Miss: [roll44] Spell Resistance: [roll45] - miss
Quickened spell 2: Dimensional Anchor: Attack [roll46], Miss: [roll47] Spell Resistance: [roll48] - hit

Fanto: move and bite attacks. Touch attacks, no dex to ac:
Bite: [roll49] Miss: [roll50] Damage: [roll51] Holy: [roll52] - miss
Bite: [roll53] Miss: [roll54] Damage: [roll55] Holy: [roll56] - miss
Bite: [roll57] Miss: [roll58] Damage: [roll59] Holy: [roll60] - miss
Bite: [roll61] Miss: [roll62] Damage: [roll63] Holy: [roll64] - miss
Bite: [roll65] Miss: [roll66] Damage: [roll67] Holy: [roll68] - 55 damage
Bite: [roll69] Miss: [roll70] Damage: [roll71] Holy: [roll72] - miss
Bite: [roll73] Miss: [roll74] Damage: [roll75] Holy: [roll76] - 54 damage
Bite: [roll77] Miss: [roll78] Damage: [roll79] Holy: [roll80] - miss
Bite: [roll81] Miss: [roll82] Damage: [roll83] Holy: [roll84] - miss
Bite: [roll85] Miss: [roll86] Damage: [roll87] Holy: [roll88] - miss
Bite: [roll89] Miss: [roll90] Damage: [roll91] Holy: [roll92] - miss
Bite: [roll93] Miss: [roll94] Damage: [roll95] Holy: [roll96] - miss

459 damage if you save on the disintegrate, or 598 if you fail.
Even discounting any damage from energy sources, I've done 1,492 points of damage from the start of the match.

Mehlmann maintains her readied action.

Done.

firemagehao
2010-12-11, 01:44 PM
mrcarterIn a spoiler, how much HP are you at? Just include it in the bottom of your next post.

mrcarter11
2010-12-12, 02:36 AM
Low is a hit [roll0]
[roll1]

Saves:

Fort [roll2]

mrcarter11
2010-12-12, 02:41 AM
Okay.. Ran the numbers.. I got a 100 health left.. And I'm just gonna quit.. Honestly this is boring me.. He full attacks, I heal.. His SR high enough I can't hit it.. And I'm annoyed by the fight. There are more reasons, but saying anything else, will likely just make my opponent complain more about me.. So I'm done.