http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/210/1/9/Alot_by_chrispygraphics.jpg
Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 8d10+40 (84 HP)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares) Swim 40
Armor Class: 19 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +8 Natural), 11 touch, 17 flat-footed
Base Attack/Grapple: +8/+22
Attack: Bite +18 (2d8+10)
Full Attack: Bite +18 (2d8+10) and 2 Claws (1d8+5)
Space/Reach: 10 Ft./5 Ft.
Special Attacks: Improved Grab
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60, Gets Around Alot, Low-Light Vision, Scent
Saves: Fort +11, Ref +8, Will +3
Abilities Str 30, Dex 14, Con 20, Int 6, Wis 12, Cha 8
Skills: Spot +12, Swim +18
Feats: Endurance, Run, Track
Environment: Temperate Forests
Organization: Solitary, Pair, or Lot (50-100)
Challenge Rating: 5
Alignment: Always Neutral
Advancement: 9-12 HD (Large)

This creature is a squat quadruped that stands about 5 feet at the shoulder as it looks at you. It's body is covered in brown, shaggy fur. It's broad, upturned mouth and wide shoulders give it an almost comically flat face, with wide-set eyes and a pair of short tusks. It's forelegs end in bearlike paws, while it's rear legs are more canine.

The Alot is a magical hybrid of bear, dog, and bison. It is an extremely powerful omnivore that seems to have inherited the majority of it's mentality from its dog portion. Despite it's nearly 2000-pound bulk, the Alot is quite friendly, and takes well to humans, even when raised in the wild. Alots are extremely intelligent and affectionate, and can understand common, though they can only vocalize in a combination of barks, meows, growls, purrs, and whines.

Combat
Alots are slow to anger, relying on their size and thick hide to discourage predators. When that doesn't work, however, alots make ferocious enemies with their deadly bite and powerful, gripping jaws.

Improved Grapple: To use this ability, an alot must hit with its bite attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, the alot establishes a hold on the opponent with its mouth, automatically dealing bite damage each round.

Gets Around Alot:
Alots are extremely susceptible to magical changes. An alot is eligible for templates as though it were an abberation, animal, dragon, fey, humanoid, magical beast, or monstrous humanoid.

Training an Alot:
Although intelligent, an alot requires training before it can bear a rider in combat. To be trained, an alot must have a friendly attitude toward the trainer (this can be achieved through a successful Diplomacy check). Training a friendly alot requires six weeks of work and a DC 25 Handle Animal check. Riding an alot requires an exotic saddle. An alot can fight while carrying a rider, but the rider cannot also attack unless he or she succeeds on a Ride check.

Alot cubs are worth 2500 gp on the open market. Professional trainers charge 1,000 gp to rear or train an alot, which serves a kind master faithfully for life.

Carrying Capacity:

A light load for an alot is up to 1500 pounds; a medium load, 1501-3000 pounds; and a heavy load, 3001-4500 pounds.

Alot of Straw

Large Plant
Hit Dice: 10d8+40 (84 HP)
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
Base Attack/Grapple: +7/+20
Attack: Bite +14 (2d8+7)
Full Attack: Bite +14 (2d8+7) and 2 Claws (1d8+3)
Special Attacks: Improved Grab, Merciful
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60, DR 10/slashing, Freeze, Gets Around Alot, Low-Light Vision, Scent, Tremorsense 90, Vulnerability to Fire
Abilities Str 25, Dex 14, Con 18, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 1
Skills:
Feats:
Environment: Any
Challenge Rating: 6

This remarkably well-pruned bus is trimmed neatly into the shape a squat quadruped that stands about 5 feet at the shoulder as it looks at you with lafy eyes. It's body is covered in shaggy, impeccably feathered leaves. It's broad, upturned mouth and wide shoulders give it an almost comically flat face, with wide-set eyes and a pair of short woody tusks. It's forelegs end in bearlike paws, while it's rear legs are more canine.

The Alot is a magical hybrid of bear, dog, and bison. It is an extremely powerful omnivore that seems to have inherited the majority of it's mentality from its dog portion. Despite it's nearly 2000-pound bulk, the Alot is quite friendly, and takes well to humans, even when raised in the wild. Alots are extremely intelligent and affectionate, and can understand common, though they can only vocalize in a combination of barks, meows, growls, purrs, and whines.

Combat
Alots are slow to anger, relying on their size and thick hide to discourage predators. When that doesn't work, however, alots make ferocious enemies with their deadly bite and powerful, gripping jaws.

Merciful (Ex): A topiary guardian can deal nonlethal damage with any of its attacks without taking the standard –4 penalty on attack rolls. The creature chooses whether to deal lethal or nonlethal damage depending on the orders it is given by its creator. Orders to capture or subdue enemies cause the topiary guardian to use nonlethal attacks; any other attack order causes the creature to deal lethal damage.

Freeze (Ex): A topiary guardian can hold itself so still that it appears to be a normal sculpted shrub. An observer must succeed on a DC 30 Spot check to notice that a topiary guardian is actually an animated creature.

Tremorsense (Ex): A topiary guardian has tremorsense out to 90 feet.

Vulnerability to Fire: Topiary guardians are vulnerable
to fire, taking an extra 50% damage from fire.

Improved Grapple: To use this ability, an alot must hit with its bite attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, the alot establishes a hold on the opponent with its mouth, automatically dealing bite damage each round.

Gets Around Alot:
Alots are extremely susceptible to magical changes. An alot is eligible for templates as though it were an abberation, animal, dragon, fey, humanoid, magical beast, or monstrous humanoid.

Alot of Fire
Large Elemental (fire)
Hit Dice: 8d10+40 (84 HP)
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares) Swim 40
Attack: Bite +18 (2d8+10 plus 1d6 fire)
Full Attack: Bite +18 (2d8+10 plus 1d6 fire) and 2 Claws (1d8+5 plus 1d6 fire)
Special Attacks: Burn, Heat, Improved Grab,
Special Qualities: Cold Vulnerability, Darkvision 60, DR 5/Magic, Elemental Traits, Gets Around Alot, Immunity to Fire, Low-Light Vision, Scent
Abilities Str 30, Dex 14, Con 20, Int 6, Wis 12, Cha 8
Skills: Spot +12, Swim +18
Feats: Endurance, Run, Track
Challenge Rating: 5

This creature is a squat quadruped that stands about 5 feet at the shoulder as it looks at you. It's body is apparently compose entirely of roaring flames. It's broad, upturned mouth and wide shoulders give it an almost comically flat face, with wide-set glowing eyes and a pair of short, blackened tusks. It's forelegs end in bearlike paws, while it's rear legs are more canine.

Combat

Burn (Ex): Those hit by an alot of fire's natural weapons must make a reflex save (DC 15) or catch fire. The flame burns for 1d4 rounds. Creatures hitting an alot of fire with natural weapons take 1d6 fire damage and must make a reflex save or catch on fire, as though they would if they were hit with the alot's natural attacks.

Heat (Ex): An alot of fire deals an additional 1d6 fire damage whenever he strikes an opponent with a natural weapon.

Gets Around Alot:

Alot Better:

Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 8d10+192 (272)
Initiative: +9
Speed: 120 ft. (24 squares) Swim 120
Armor Class: 50 (-1 size, +9 Dex, +8 Natural, +12 insight, +12 luck), 35 touch, 41 flat-footed
Attack: Bite +43 (2d8+30)
Full Attack: Bite +43 (2d8+30) and 2 Claws +38 (1d8+25)
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60, Gets Around Alot, Low-Light Vision, Scent, spell-like abilities, Fire and cold resistance 10, DR 10/epic, Spell resistance 45, Fast healing 20, Epic natural weapon
Saves: Fort +28, Ref +25, Will +20
Abilities Str 45, Dex 29, Con 35, Int 21, Wis 27, Cha 23
Skills: Spot +22, Swim +28 (+10 competence on all skills)
Feats: Endurance, Run, Track, Power Attack
Challenge Rating: 20

This thing looks Alot better than you ever imagined anything could look. Alot like a bear, but also like a dog or bison, just Alot more beautiful and imposing.

Combat

Gets Around Alot:

Spell-like abilities: The alot better can use greater dispel magic, haste, and see invisibility three times per day, at caster level 15.

To get Alot of Mist, apply Half-Air Elemental.

To get Alot of beer cans, apply Effigy Template.

GoatBoy
2010-11-22, 10:24 PM
I like this alot.

Orzel
2010-11-22, 10:32 PM
Wizards are alot better than fighters

*imagines alot eating fighters*

*writes down*

Got my next quest. Thanks alot.

arguskos
2010-11-22, 10:36 PM
Everyone loves this alot. Cause it's alot of fun. :smallbiggrin:

Admiral Squish
2010-11-22, 10:37 PM
This is the fastest response I've ever gotten to a homebrew.

Thanks alot!

Admiral Squish
2010-11-23, 12:20 AM
Added a brief blurb about training and riding Alots.

Turns out, an alot can carry alot.

Trundlebug
2010-11-23, 12:29 AM
Improved Grapple: To use this ability, an alot must hit with its bite attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, the crocodile establishes a hold on the opponent with its mouth, automatically dealing bite damage each round.

Missed a spot. Didn't take you long to stat it out. Nice.

The Antigamer
2010-11-23, 12:36 AM
*Golf clap*

Mecharious
2010-11-23, 12:46 AM
Alot of straw just needs to gain fire vulnerability.

Admiral Squish
2010-11-23, 12:54 AM
*Golf clap*

You know you love it. You love it alot.

Eldan
2010-11-23, 04:37 AM
It looks like alot of fun, and I guess you put alot of work into it, but I think it needs some unique ability beyond just alot of hit points.

Mulletmanalive
2010-11-23, 06:21 AM
Your next missions is obviously to apply the Elemental Beast [Fire] template to it so that we have stats for Alot of Fire...

I'm not sure how you might do the other options....

Eldan
2010-11-23, 06:23 AM
Obviously, you make an aquatic version, so you have alot of fish. (Cookie for the reference).

Serpentine
2010-11-23, 06:40 AM
I have a proposal for a special thingy for the Alot. Something along the lines of, it can have any template applied to it, even if the template specifically says it can't be.

Mulletmanalive
2010-11-23, 06:45 AM
I take it this ability would be called Alot of Templates? Perhaps Compatable with Alot.

Eldan
2010-11-23, 06:47 AM
You know, if we start using puns, this thing has alot of potential.

I mean:

This makes alot of sense (ex): The alot has a +8 racial bonus on bluff checks.

Actually, as it is, I don't see why it should be a magical beast: it's intelligent, but doesn't really have anything magical besides that.

Serpentine
2010-11-23, 06:47 AM
I like Compatible With Alot, or perhaps Gets Around Alot.

Eldan
2010-11-23, 06:48 AM
Shouldn't "Get's around alot" be a speed bonus? :smalltongue:$

The organization chart also misses Lots and Lots: 10-50

Admiral Squish
2010-11-23, 10:31 AM
It looks like alot of fun, and I guess you put alot of work into it, but I think it needs some unique ability beyond just alot of hit points.

There's not alot that would fit though. i though about alot of things, but I thought that alot of abilies wouldn't be alot of fun. It's Improved grapple and the automatic bite damage makes up for alot, I think.

Your next missions is obviously to apply the Elemental Beast [Fire] template to it so that we have stats for Alot of Fire...

I'm not sure how you might do the other options....

I suggested alot of templates already, but I guess I don't know alot about templates.

Obviously, you make an aquatic version, so you have alot of fish. (Cookie for the reference).

It's already alot better at swimming than you.

I have a proposal for a special thingy for the Alot. Something along the lines of, it can have any template applied to it, even if the template specifically says it can't be.

that sounds like it could be alot of fun, though a lot of those might get wierd. Alot of templates don't work on alot because they're very specific.

You know, if we start using puns, this thing has alot of potential.

I mean:

This makes alot of sense (ex): The alot has a +8 racial bonus on bluff checks.

Actually, as it is, I don't see why it should be a magical beast: it's intelligent, but doesn't really have anything magical besides that.

Well, I admit there's not alot of magical abilities to be had, but i didn't think it needed alot. Look at the griffon. Or the hippogryph. They don't have alot of special abilities.

Shouldn't "Get's around alot" be a speed bonus? :smalltongue:$

The organization chart also misses Lots and Lots: 10-50

I like the idea of lots of alot. Thanks alot!

Eldan
2010-11-23, 10:37 AM
I tried generating a random template from Crystalkeep's index. It gave me Smoke Elemental Creature: Alot of Hot Air.

Morph Bark
2010-11-23, 10:48 AM
HA.

To be perfectly honest, I had some scribblies lying around with ideas for a creature like this, but no idea what kind of special abilities to give it.

That being said, it could use a bit more oomph.

dsmiles
2010-11-23, 10:57 AM
I like this alot, Mr. Admiral, sir.But I'm still waiting for an update to the Disciple of Mym C'sil. I like that one alot too.
@M-Bark: I think it already has alot of oomph, but Gets Around Alot would definitely give it alot more oomph.

Morph Bark
2010-11-23, 11:01 AM
@M-Bark: I think it already has alot of oomph, but Gets Around Alot would definitely give it alot more oomph.

It would.

Though it wouldn't yet be able to cover "Alot of Humans". Unless I update my old Half-Human template and repost it here.

Eldan
2010-11-23, 11:01 AM
Wasn't there a mob template somewhere? That could help with Alot of people.

Admiral Squish
2010-11-23, 11:28 AM
I added gets around alot, but I decided that it wouldn't make sense to be able to apply undead or construct templates to a living creature. So, I just made it so the alot can count as alot of different creature types for the purpose of templates.

Mercenary Pen
2010-11-23, 12:27 PM
Just alot of silly suggestions I've come up with on the spur of the moment (what can I say, I had alot of time on my hands)

Theres Alot you don't know:
The alot cannot be identified with untrained knowledge checks.

You really like this Alot
Once per encounter, the alot can attempt to charm person (as the spell).

Morph Bark
2010-11-23, 12:47 PM
alot of silly suggestions

Capable of using suggestion and Otto's irresistable dance both 1/day as an SLA? :smallwink:

Eurus
2010-11-23, 01:24 PM
alot of time

Capable of using Haste and Slow at will? :smallbiggrin:

Mercenary Pen
2010-11-23, 01:34 PM
Another templated version

Oh my God there's alot of them. Celestial Alot mob (believe the mob template going around may have been by Oslecamo, but I could be wrong)

Admiral Squish
2010-11-23, 01:53 PM
I'm glad everyone likes this alot. It seems like everyone's having alot of fun.

Mulletmanalive
2010-11-23, 06:34 PM
tbh, I was hoping that you'd be willing to do the template applying in that case, simply because the elemental beast template is basically making the monster again from scratch and you'd still have your working notes.

I think you could do Alot of Straw, in a very round about way, by applying Woodling, then Zombie, then Swarmform Undead [swarm of gnats] to it, though that's a little unsatisfactory...

Or you could just slap both vulnerability to fire and the Swarmform template on it and shrug...

both work

Eldan
2010-11-23, 06:39 PM
Alot of straw could be done with a reflavoured Topiary Guardian. Though that's more alot of bushes.

Mulletmanalive
2010-11-23, 06:41 PM
Worm that Walks? Kinda works...

Admiral Squish
2010-11-23, 06:53 PM
I think topiary would work fine. If I'd finished it, I would go with the warforged template + harvestforged material variant, but for simplicity's sake, I think topiary would work.

I suppose I could apply templates, but that's alot of work... I guess if the public demands it.

dsmiles
2010-11-23, 07:06 PM
How about alot of rock? Apply the Elder Eidolon template?

Eldan
2010-11-23, 07:07 PM
Earth elemental, i'd guess.

Ooze elemental... that's alot of crap.

Mercenary Pen
2010-11-23, 07:31 PM
Alot of weapons?
For something a little more, shall we say, emotional: Alot of issues.

Eldan
2010-11-23, 07:36 PM
Hmm. Difficult. Lycanthrope could possibly represent alot of anger.

For alot of weapons, half-golem and/or weapon grafts?

Admiral Squish
2010-11-23, 07:42 PM
That's alot of new stablocks for me to write...

As for the whole 'having my working notes' thing? There's no working notes. I made this in like five minutes. It's basically a bear with a stepped-up bite and improved grab based off the bite instead of claws. The stats were also kicked up a notch.

Also, where is the elemental beast template again?

dsmiles
2010-11-23, 07:56 PM
Also, where is the elemental beast template again?Manual of the Planes, I think.

Admiral Squish
2010-11-23, 08:00 PM
Manual of the Planes, I think.

I shall go look.

I added Alot of Straw to the first post.

Slayah
2010-11-23, 08:34 PM
For "oomph" abilities there could be "Alot of abilities: (su) Once per day the Alot can copy an action used after the Alot's previous turn, such as a spell cast, a skill used, or a feat activated. Use the Alot's ability modifiers instead. An Alot must have the required ability score to use a spell. An Alot can not copy items using this ability. However, if the Alot possesses a similar item it can use that. For example, an Alot could dual wand wield using two different wands."

Shyftir
2010-11-23, 08:59 PM
This is the worst homebrew I've ever seen. In fact I think this thread is just alot of rubbish! [/sarcasm]

Admiral Squish
2010-11-23, 09:15 PM
For "oomph" abilities there could be "Alot of abilities: (su) Once per day the Alot can copy an action used after the Alot's previous turn, such as a spell cast, a skill used, or a feat activated. Use the Alot's ability modifiers instead. An Alot must have the required ability score to use a spell. An Alot can not copy items using this ability. However, if the Alot possesses a similar item it can use that. For example, an Alot could dual wand wield using two different wands."

Well, the problem with the wand thingie is he's got no hands to wield wands in. I do like the rest of it, though.

This is the worst homebrew I've ever seen. In fact I think this thread is just alot of rubbish! [/sarcasm]

I'm afraid to ask, is there a junk monster template out there?

Also, I added alot of fire.

Slayah
2010-11-23, 09:24 PM
The wand bit was just an example. It's so that the players can't get a one shot artifact, round up a couple dozen of these guys, then dominate monster them and wreck unknowable havoc.

Admiral Squish
2010-11-23, 09:30 PM
The wand bit was just an example. It's so that the players can't get a one shot artifact, round up a couple dozen of these guys, then dominate monster them and wreck unknowable havoc.

Oh, of course. I'd make sure to include the 'this ability cannot replicate items' line. Would upping the ability to once/round really break the balance? It's not THAT powerful.

Slayah
2010-11-23, 09:32 PM
I think it would, as it would turn the Alot into a mimic wizard. Maybe 3/encounter or something.

Admiral Squish
2010-11-23, 09:37 PM
I think it would, as it would turn the Alot into a mimic wizard. Maybe 3/encounter or something.

Well, they might be able to mimic some fighter feats or ToB Maneuvers, but they don't have the scores to back up arcane or divine spellcasting, really. Plus, since they can't copy weapons, they would be stuck performing only maneuvers that could be done without weapons. That's alot of limits.

Lev
2010-11-23, 10:06 PM
It sounds like it should be alot bigger, like huge sized.
30 Str is comparable to an elephant, 22 grapple is too.

Admiral Squish
2010-11-23, 10:26 PM
It sounds like it should be alot bigger, like huge sized.
30 Str is comparable to an elephant, 22 grapple is too.

Well, the way it's depicted makes me think a broader, sturdier sort of bear. Plus, those jaws are like a pit bull's, clearly designed to get a hold and not let go, which would help account for the high grapple.

There are a number of pictures in the source material that depict the physical stature of the alot to be about the size described here. Examples: 1 (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_D_Z-D2tzi14/S8TTPQCPA6I/AAAAAAAACwA/ZHZH-Bi8OmI/s1600/ALOT2.png) 2 (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_D_Z-D2tzi14/S8Tdnn-NE0I/AAAAAAAACww/khYjZePN50Y/s1600/ALOT4.png) 3 (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_D_Z-D2tzi14/S8TiTtIFjpI/AAAAAAAACxQ/HXLdiZZ0goU/s1600/ALOT14.png) 4 (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_D_Z-D2tzi14/S8TffVGLElI/AAAAAAAACxA/trH1ch0Y3tI/s1600/ALOT6.png) 5 (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_D_Z-D2tzi14/S8TflwXvTgI/AAAAAAAACxI/qgd1wYcTWV8/s1600/ALOT12.png) 6 (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_D_Z-D2tzi14/S8TpGRlt9eI/AAAAAAAACxY/qDqk63PhqGs/s1600/ALOT15.png).

Slayah
2010-11-23, 11:21 PM
They also need alot of bonuses to swimming.

Admiral Squish
2010-11-23, 11:28 PM
They also need alot of bonuses to swimming.

I already gave them a swim speed, that should be plenty.

Lev
2010-11-24, 02:30 AM
Huge would be alittle too big? Blasphemy!

Tengu_temp
2010-11-24, 03:33 AM
Huge would be alot too big. Here's a size comparison:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_D_Z-D2tzi14/S8TTPQCPA6I/AAAAAAAACwA/ZHZH-Bi8OmI/s1600/ALOT2.png
Not alot bigger than an ordinary human.

This. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9jV0PtGVi8) Now gimme the cookie or I'll send a legion of spiiiderssss! after you.

Eldan
2010-11-24, 03:43 AM
Yup. Or specifically, the Nostalgia critic's take on it.

Have some christmasy cookies, then. It's snowing outside, so it's fitting.
http://img.fotocommunity.com/photos/4499227.jpg

Tengu_temp
2010-11-24, 03:46 AM
Just what I wanted. Thanks alot.

Lev
2010-11-24, 03:52 AM
Huge would be alot too big. Here's a size comparison:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_D_Z-D2tzi14/S8TTPQCPA6I/AAAAAAAACwA/ZHZH-Bi8OmI/s1600/ALOT2.png
Not alot bigger than an ordinary human.

This. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9jV0PtGVi8) Now gimme the cookie or I'll send a legion of spiiiderssss! after you.
Point taken, perhaps it should have far less strength then?

Eldan
2010-11-24, 04:17 AM
That could be alot of kids. A baby alot.

Admiral Squish
2010-11-24, 10:42 AM
I could always make alot bigger.

30 str is not that bad, it'd brown bear +2.

Mulletmanalive
2010-11-24, 11:24 AM
Aha! My cunning plan was a success, now i have stats for a monster to stand alongside Djinn_in_Tonic's tales of an Elephant with the Elemental Beast template.

I have every intention of using this in game. Thank you.

Admiral Squish
2010-11-24, 11:32 AM
Aha! My cunning plan was a success, now i have stats for a monster to stand alongside Djinn_in_Tonic's tales of an Elephant with the Elemental Beast template.

I have every intention of using this in game. Thank you.
Oh, god, I just pictured that. A fire-element alot still retains the personality of a normal alot. So, it's made of fire and rather snuggly... Get a ring of fire resistance or cuddling might kill you.

kryan
2010-11-24, 12:22 PM
This is awesome!

It should have an ability called Alot More Dangerous, though.

Vladislav
2010-11-24, 12:35 PM
How come he only has a Charisma of 8? Should be at least 18, otherwise how do you explain "I like this alot"?

Flickerdart
2010-11-24, 12:36 PM
Dang, alot of people beat me to commenting on this.

Eldan
2010-11-24, 12:38 PM
This is awesome!

It should have an ability called Alot More Dangerous, though.

Isn't that just a feral alot (feralot)? Maybe a lot of war? (Warbeast)?

Admiral Squish
2010-11-24, 12:50 PM
Okay, I still have to make an effigy alot (alot of metal), a feral alot (alot more dangerous), a dungeonbred alot (Alot smaller), an advanced huge-sized alot (Alot bigger). That's alot. Any other suggestions?

Eldan
2010-11-24, 12:51 PM
I can roll up a few, maybe. Alot of tentacles? (Pseudonatural alot). Alot better (Paragon alot)?

137beth
2010-11-24, 05:51 PM
Wow, this is a lot more amazing than most other monsters:smallsmile:
I noticed that some of the alot of straw's attacks mention the topiary guardian...where they should mention the alot of straw.

So, alot of fangs? Or and beholder: alot of eyes:smallsmile:
Epiclot, and epic monster.

Ooo, I got one: half alot (halfling alot hybrid)!
Yes, a lot of people just got a great monster added to their games:smallsmile:

Dragon Star
2010-11-24, 06:18 PM
How about Alot Cooler, a cold Alot?

Eldan
2010-11-24, 06:34 PM
Wasn't there a half-beholder template? That could be alot of eyes.

Mercenary Pen
2010-11-24, 06:37 PM
I eat alot of brains Part illithid anyone?

Eldan
2010-11-24, 06:44 PM
Alot Better (Paragon Alot)

Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 8d10+192 (272)
Initiative: +9
Speed: 120 ft. (24 squares) Swim 120
Armor Class: 50 (-1 size, +9 Dex, +8 Natural, +12 insight, +12 luck), 35 touch, 41 flat-footed
Attack: Bite +43 (2d8+30)
Full Attack: Bite +43 (2d8+30) and 2 Claws +38 (1d8+25)
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60, Gets Around Alot, Low-Light Vision, Scent, spell-like abilities, Fire and cold resistance 10, DR 10/epic, Spell resistance 45, Fast healing 20, Epic natural weapon
Saves: Fort +28, Ref +25, Will +20
Abilities Str 45, Dex 29, Con 35, Int 21, Wis 27, Cha 23
Skills: Spot +22, Swim +28 (+10 competence on all skills)
Feats: Endurance, Run, Track, Power Attack
Challenge Rating: 20

This thing looks Alot better than you ever imagined anything could look. Alot like a bear, but also like a dog or bison, just Alot more beautiful and imposing.

Combat

Gets Around Alot:

Spell-like abilities: The alot better can use greater dispel magic, haste, and see invisibility three times per day, at caster level 15.

arguskos
2010-11-24, 09:39 PM
Hey Eldan? Unless I'm doing my math veeeery wrong, I'm pretty sure that the HD line is quite wrong. You have "Hit Dice: 8d10+125 (408)". Now, 8d10 maxed is 80. 80+125 is 205. How did you get to 408? :smallconfused: Just a thought.

Serpentine
2010-11-25, 02:08 AM
Yesterday I had the pleasure of seeing "alot of lube" on my Facebook.

Eldan
2010-11-25, 03:28 AM
Hey Eldan? Unless I'm doing my math veeeery wrong, I'm pretty sure that the HD line is quite wrong. You have "Hit Dice: 8d10+125 (408)". Now, 8d10 maxed is 80. 80+125 is 205. How did you get to 408? :smallconfused: Just a thought.

Paragon maxes your hit points, and I forgot to add some modifiers. Also, the calculation was wrong.

Debihuman
2010-11-25, 03:38 AM

A paragon creature gets max hit points per hit die plus Con bonus plus 12 additional hp per hit die. It should be 8d10+192 (272 hp). Con bonus is 12d8 (96)and the paragon bonus is also 12d8 (96).

See Paragon Creature here: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/paragonCreature.htm

Debby

Admiral Squish
2010-11-25, 09:04 AM

gelatinous template.

137beth
2010-11-25, 09:36 AM

A lot of people life this.
A lot of your friends like this.
Like?
*click*

Sorry, had to.

Hey...what about the liked alot? It has very very high CHA, maxed diplomacy, ect.

Mercenary Pen
2010-11-25, 09:41 AM
Well, I suppose there's alot to be thankful for.

137beth
2010-11-25, 02:41 PM
OO Alot of turkey!!

Has the power: alot of gobble
The alot of turkey can eat anything.

Alot of turkey's are rarer than most alots because they are hunted for a lot of thanksgivings.

Admiral Squish
2010-11-26, 07:46 PM
OO Alot of turkey!!

Has the power: alot of gobble
The alot of turkey can eat anything.

Alot of turkey's are rarer than most alots because they are hunted for a lot of thanksgivings.

Hehe. I love this image. A feathered Alot with a turkey's fan-tail.

I showed the Alot to my cousin at thanksgiving and now she wants one.

Also: Alot more Scary (Ghost)

FlyMolo
2010-11-27, 12:55 PM
The Alot Better is terrifying. The paragon template is just crazy!.

Eldan
2010-11-27, 02:25 PM
The Alot Better is terrifying. The paragon template is just crazy!.

Sure. But not really worth the CR, really... I mean, look at that thing. It's supposed to be CR 25, and that's just laughable. A solar will eat it for breakfast.

Serpentine
2010-11-27, 11:26 PM
That's alot of food.

Admiral Squish
2010-11-27, 11:40 PM
That's alot of food.

Hmmm... I'm not sure how one would stat that.

Serpentine
2010-11-27, 11:45 PM
Well, it's already made of meat.

Admiral Squish
2010-11-28, 12:08 AM
Well, it's already made of meat.

True...
Maybe Alot of Food would just be the title of the section on dishes preparable from it for the Omnomnomicon.

Admiral Squish
2010-11-28, 12:33 PM
Nice work! Although the inclusion of training and riding rules make me wish for a Lance Alot.

Oooh! Lance Alot would be an alot warbeast! :smallbiggrin:

mucat
2010-11-28, 12:41 PM
Squish, have you let Allie Brosh know about this thread? I bet it would mean alot to her...

Eldan
2010-11-28, 12:41 PM
I would use warforged grafts for that. Maybe even make it a construct first. Half-golem, perhaps.

Admiral Squish
2010-11-28, 12:52 PM
Squish, have you let Allie Brosh know about this thread? I bet it would mean alot to her...

I hadn't actually, but I suppose that would make alot of sense. (some sort of sensory abilities. Blindsight and such.)

I would use warforged grafts for that. Maybe even make it a construct first. Half-golem, perhaps.

I could use my warforged template! Yay!