PDA

View Full Version : Trog's Tavern II (Mirror)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Malachi, the Lich King
2006-08-31, 01:29 PM
[Groans audibly and buries head in his hand for a moment. Then, wincing slightly, angles his head so he can see out one of the windows.]

"Well, at least this wyvern is still breathing. That's an improvement over the last time you went joyriding."

[Sniffs the air]

"And is that bourbon I can smell on your breath? Honestly, to be strong enough to cover up the fetid odour of undeath....."

[Shakes head]

"Now, we have much to prepare for....."

Blood
2006-08-31, 02:35 PM
Well, since you seem to be leaving me alone, I'll just leave... Dragon heads back through the mirror, to find Trog's packed. He sits in the corner.

AmberVael
2006-08-31, 03:18 PM
Earin steps out of the mirror, along with Planeshifter and Aikidu.
((Felt like getting over with it one post. Sorry for the slight godmod.))

Deadly
2006-08-31, 03:23 PM
((OK, little less confusion, please :)))

Ilias fades away and goes to the mirror temple

Aikifox
2006-08-31, 03:26 PM
Aikidu steps back through the mirror to the ruined temple.

Vindemiatrix
2006-08-31, 06:06 PM
*mVinde leaves*

lordofthehats
2006-08-31, 06:40 PM
Mauron looks up from writing on a scroll upon which he's been writing:

Fezguls:
x - the bossy one (Malachi)
x - the one I actually liked (BlackFox)
x - that weird one with the bag (Charity)
x - the cute one. (Amiria)
x - the smart one. haha. (Chunklets)
x - the sexy one. (Loren)
o - the shy one.
o - the one with the funny accent.
x - the hipster. (Bookman)

Other Minions
x - Fedoruman (Roland)
o - The Bowlerog
o - Sheloberet
o - Grima Hat-Tongue

Misc.
o - Lots and lots of Stunt Orcs

Looks like we have some work to do, boys.

He opens a packet of Bugles and starts making phone calls.

Roland St. Jude
2006-08-31, 07:15 PM
I saw that Fedoruman around here somewhere, but he is definitely good and certainly not going to betray the forces of good again. No sir. Except that he will.

Sneak
2006-08-31, 07:18 PM
I saw that Fedoruman around here somewhere, but he is definitely good and certainly not going to betray the forces of good again. No sir. Except that he will.

(( Aha! I've caught you white-texted! ))

blackfox
2006-08-31, 07:44 PM
A dark elf wearing heavy plate armor, laquered white, comes into Trog's. Stepping up behind Mauron, she says in a low voice, "Now which one of those Fezgul would I be?"

lordofthehats
2006-08-31, 07:51 PM
The Lord of the Hats smiles broadly, though how anybody can tell beneath all that armor is a complete mystery.

My old friend, who else could you possibly be?

He ticks off Fezgul #2 on his list.

blackfox
2006-08-31, 08:01 PM
The drow elf scowls. "Hm. Why didn't I see that before? I must be getting old or something." She cracks her knuckles loudly. "So, do you need any help recruiting victi--I mean, minions?"

lordofthehats
2006-08-31, 08:07 PM
The Lord of the Hats gives the drow a metallic, pointy hug.

But of course, my dear elf. Anyone foolish enough to join who is interested would be more than welcome, we clearly still have a number of Fezguls to find.

blackfox
2006-08-31, 08:13 PM
"Ouch... My ears are ringing from that," complains the elf. "No one's around in Town that would willingly join up, though, I'd have to toy with their minds or press-gang them or something, both of which would take a lot of my precious, important time. Do you know what's on the other side of that mirror?" The drow points at the mirror.

lordofthehats
2006-08-31, 08:14 PM
The other side of that mirror? It holds freedom...power...riches...

And cake!

blackfox
2006-08-31, 08:20 PM
The drow smirks. "Sounds like fun. Would the people over there want to join up with us, or are they a bunch of annoying losers like my brother?"

lordofthehats
2006-08-31, 08:29 PM
Want or not, they surely will join my legions of terror clever investment schemes, but the problem is I'm stuck on this side for the moment.

blackfox
2006-08-31, 08:34 PM
The drow looks concerned. "Stuck on this side? How is that? Am I stuck on this side too?"

lordofthehats
2006-08-31, 08:37 PM
Mauron shrugs.

Beats me. People seem to come and go here all the time. But in my case it was prophesized that I would remain trapped here until some cosmic alignment thingy-or-other came to pass. Or maybe it was when I had to renew my license plates, I always get the two mixed up. Anyway, you could try the mirror if you want, it's right over there.

AmberVael
2006-08-31, 08:39 PM
((Do you guys know how to work the mirrors to from mirror world to normal world and vice-versa?))

blackfox
2006-08-31, 08:40 PM
((No, not really... The drow just got here. :P))

AmberVael
2006-08-31, 08:41 PM
((No no... Do YOU know how to work it? I am sure your character doesn't, I just want to know if someone explained it to you.))

blackfox
2006-08-31, 08:41 PM
((No, I don't either.))

AmberVael
2006-08-31, 08:43 PM
((Ok. Well to use them to travel from the mirror world to the normal world, you have to cast a teleport on them. Otherwise you will just use them as normal.))

blackfox
2006-08-31, 08:46 PM
((Oh yeah, I remember hearing about that now... The drow is a cleric. :P I'll have to get Mauron to cast the spell or something.))

The drow steps through the mirror and disappears.

lordofthehats
2006-08-31, 08:48 PM
The Lord of the Hats sniffs sadly.

I'm gonna miss her...she's the one I actually like, after all.

blackfox
2006-08-31, 08:53 PM
The drow stomps back in. "The mirror just leads to Sneak's place. Any idea how to work it so it takes me to the cake? And the recruitable minions my broker."

lordofthehats
2006-08-31, 09:00 PM
Mauron looks a bit surprised.

That thing actually worked? Well, I'll be...maybe all those goblins actually found a new homeland after all...

He ponders a moment.

This Sneak's I have heard of. Surely there must be other places similar to it, filled with unsuspecting fools potential investors?

Loren_and_Kivsith
2006-08-31, 09:04 PM
Almost at the same time Loren left Trog's, Laurin entered it. In the mirror world, though. Hey, bartender, firewhiskey, now, she snapped, trying not to let her frustration that she had been so recently defeated by a druid show. She still had a mark on her left cheek where Loren had hit her with the Xendrik boomerang.

The firewhiskey was handed to her, and she took a drink. She saw a drow and a being of unknown race (due to all that armor he was wearing), neither of whom she recognized. She was, after all, as new to the Town as Loren was.

blackfox
2006-08-31, 09:04 PM
"No, it didn't actually work... Sneak's isn't exactly the sort of place you'd find cake. More like poison." The drow's expression expresses her distain for the use of poison. "Maybe you have to cast some sort of spell on it to make it take you to the, ah, potential investors. I guess there are other places like this, but I'm not going to find any of them when I'm about to fall asleep like I am now... I'll start recruiting my investments tomorrow, my friend." The drow smiles and walks upstairs.

lordofthehats
2006-08-31, 09:06 PM
Mauron waves fondly.

Ta-ta, old chum!

Loren_and_Kivsith
2006-08-31, 09:15 PM
Laurin watched the drow go upstairs and asked Mauron, What was that all about?

lordofthehats
2006-08-31, 09:27 PM
That was my good friend and ally; she's agreed to help me take over bring better insurance rates to the world. And you are?

Loren_and_Kivsith
2006-08-31, 09:35 PM
I'm Laurin Frostvale. Chaotic Evil and proud of it. And I heartily agree; the world needs better insurance rates, she said, and it was hard to tell if she was 'in' on what 'insurance rates' was code for, or if she really thought that the world needed better insurance rates. As she spoke, she turned her face slightly to the side; not enough that it would be noticeable that she was hiding something (she hoped), but enough that her scar would be hidden.

And you are? she asked.

lordofthehats
2006-08-31, 09:41 PM
I am, of course, Mauron, Ruler of Floordor and the Lord of the Hats. You wouldn't happen to be looking for work, would you? I could really use some a few more Fezguls.

Loren_and_Kivsith
2006-08-31, 09:48 PM
Hmm. I could always use some money for weapons of mass destruction to donate to charities. Are there any benefits associated with being a Fezgul? What are the hours and pay like? Oh, and most importantly, will we be killing selling insurance to druids? Namely, a certain druid who looks almost exactly like me, by the name of Loren Ashbrand?

lordofthehats
2006-08-31, 09:54 PM
Druids? They're like...hippies, right? I hates me a tree-hugger!

The Lord of the Hats sips his sasparilla.

Well, as a Fezgul you'd of course get all the usual unlife benefits, as well as excellent reassembly health insurance, and a company wyvern, assuming Charity hasn't trashed them all. And, of course, free elf-ears in the staff lounge.

AmberVael
2006-08-31, 09:59 PM
((When I saw Bowlerog, I could just picture some amusing form of Gandalf shouting: "You shall not pass Go! Do not collect $200!"))

Loren_and_Kivsith
2006-08-31, 10:02 PM
Laurin wrinkled her nose. They're worse than hippies. They're like hippies with spellcasting abilities. And just . . . worse.

Laurin nodded thoughtfully, considering the job. Then she heard the part about elf ears, and she almost spit out the firewhiskey that she was drinking. Why would anyone want to wear elf ears? Besides- . . no, no, not even elves.

Laurin then leaned closer and lowered her voice, so that she wouldn't have to speak in code. Now, I know you don't really sell insurance. If I thought that, I wouldn't be interested at all. So tell me, what sort of evil scheming are we talking here? Is there some grandiose evil plan, or do we just go around causing general mayhem and destruction?

((Um, maybe I'm missing out on something, but what exactly is a Fezgul?))

((V Oh, I get it now. Thanks for clarifying.))

AmberVael
2006-08-31, 10:09 PM
((The are parodies of the Nazgul. You know, the big evil shrieking guys in cloaks from Lord of the Rings?))
((V; I figured as much))

lordofthehats
2006-08-31, 10:11 PM
((Yes, but they also wear fezzes.))

Wear them? I've heard of playing with your food, but that's just weird. Mayhem, destruction, conquer...it's all good.

Loren_and_Kivsith
2006-08-31, 10:19 PM
Oh, Laurin said, rather embarrassed. I thought you meant the plastic kind. That's good, though. Never had much of a taste for white meat, myself, but the thought of earless elves running around somewhere makes me feel warm inside. She sighed happily at the mental image she was getting. It involved blood, and screaming.

Mayhem, destruction, conquering, and earless elves. I am very much liking what I hear. Do you need me to give an interview, or can you just sign me up? She drew her silver whip from its place on her belt as she said it, for the dual purpose of trying to intimidate Mauron into deciding that she didn't need an interview, and also proving how qualified she was in the evil department.

lordofthehats
2006-08-31, 10:37 PM
Mauron holds out the scroll he's working on (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=town;action=display;num=1156226320;s tart=256#256).

No inverview necessary. Just pick a spot.

Loren_and_Kivsith
2006-08-31, 10:40 PM
I shall be . . . the sexy one, I suppose. It is the description most befitting of me. Do you have a pen? Nevermind, I have a better idea. She stands up, flicks her silver whip masterfully at the wooden counter, and a small piece of wood breaks off, sharp at the tip. She uses it to prick her finger, and signs her name in blood. Will that be alright? she asked sweetly.

lordofthehats
2006-08-31, 10:43 PM
Well, luckily for you blood is one of Floordor's officially-approved writing media. You should talk to Malachi when you get the chance, he'll tell you where the bathrooms are and get you set up with a wyvern.

Loren_and_Kivsith
2006-08-31, 10:57 PM
I will look for him, Laurin said, and left the Tavern.

((I need to get to bed. Goodnight all))

Vindemiatrix
2006-09-01, 02:40 AM
*A portal appears in the corner, out of which mVinde pops. He goes upstairs.*

Malachi, the Lich King
2006-09-01, 09:56 AM
[Malachi muses in silence for a few moments]

"Well, given Charity's penchant for taking the wyverns for a spin, we're down to only 5 that still fly. We'll have to go, uh....., appropriate 4 more. The teleport won't be a problem, I'm not a sorcerer for nothing. I think next on the list we should be contacting the ladywraith Alarra."

[Reaches into an ornate bag slung over one shoulder, the material of which would seem to the be the stretched skin of.... an elf maybe? He removes a folder and a quill that continually drips a dark ichor and scratches Laurin's name on the folder.]

"Okay, I've got her new employee's brochure and Floordor parking sticker ready."

Charity
2006-09-01, 11:56 AM
Crunching something earesk

"Donating to Charity huh Laurin," *wink* "I don't know where you get the crazy idea that I might *urp* have been drinkig Mal"

"That Fez gal that juss leff wasn't she? " he trails off shaking his head
*crunch*
"Are you planning on using crow scouts, to Spot the pansies of lightdeliver these brochures, oh perverter of all that is fair?"

Malachi, the Lich King
2006-09-01, 12:19 PM
[From outside]

"Urk, ruh......*gasp*!!!"
Thud!

[Malachi looks out window]

"Well, considering that the gasping sound you just heard was another wyvern expiring, yeah, crow scouts sound good right around now."

Charity
2006-09-01, 12:26 PM
*Crunch*

"Well they don't make em like they used to"
*crunch munch*

"I guess I'd get back to the ol breadknife, or she'll be usin it on me again"

*cruoch* wanders out

pops his head back in
"Um I couldn't av a lift could I? It's just you know how much tem taxiHydas charge"

Bookman
2006-09-01, 12:35 PM
A evil looking man (complete with Snidley Whiplash mustache!) comes in carrying a dark book followed closely by a doberman.

I believe I was summoned here.....

He has an air of vileness

Vindemiatrix
2006-09-01, 02:41 PM
((@ ^: Welcome to the Town!))

*mVinde comes downstairs and looks at the newcomer*
Oh, hello, good sir. I don't think I've seen you here before...

Chunklets
2006-09-01, 02:55 PM
A short orange kobold (yes, redundant, I know) saunters through the front door.

"Um, hello? Is this the place I was supposed to come about the hat job?"

He sits down and looks around, expectantly.

Bookman
2006-09-01, 04:15 PM
((Oh I've been here just not here here :P))

The evil man says Yes a Mr
Mauron Lord of Hats summoned me here for some reason.......

Chunklets
2006-09-01, 04:23 PM
"Ah well, then I suppose we should just sit and wait for this 'Mauron' fellow to turn up and explain things."

Chunklets peruses the drinks menu.

"Hey look, they've got kobold chianti!! Is that the '03?" He adopts a hopeful expression.

Roland St. Jude
2006-09-01, 04:31 PM

(( Aha! I've caught you white-texted! ))

Well-played Sneaky One, well-played.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b259/RolandStJ/Roland_fedoruman.gif

Malachi, the Lich King
2006-09-01, 06:52 PM
"You'll have to take the troll-drawn carriage, Charity, its the only thing we've got left on this side of the mirror."

[Reaches again into his shoulder bag, drawing forth a blood-red fez that hurts the eyes of any who gaze upon it for too long]

"This is for Laurin after she's rested. Hey, Mauron, you did tell her one of the perks of eternal servitude her contract is she doesn't need to sleep anymore? Undeath tends to be finicky that way. I found it useful for catching up on all of my TiVo'd soap operas while still having most of each day free to terrorize the free lands and reign chaos upon the forces of light schedule insurance appointments door-to-door."

Chunklets
2006-09-01, 07:12 PM
Chunklets tugs Malachi's sleeve.

Excuse me sir, I couldn't help overhearing you mention the name "Mauron." Are you talking about the fellow referred to as "Lord of Hats"? 'Cause I and this gentleman [waves in Bookman's general direction] were supposed to meet him here.
Chunklets pauses.

That's a nice fez. Hurts the eyes a bit, but definitely a great hat.

Malachi, the Lich King
2006-09-01, 07:21 PM
[Malachi looks down at Chunklets. Long pause. Blinks a couple of times. Another long pause.]

"You realize that you're taking a dangerous chance even talking to me right now as we typically use kobolds for ammunition in the trebuchets. We find its cheaper to use them rather than rocks."

[Suddenly remembers long boring seminar he was forced to attend regarding being an equal opportunity evil employer...]

"Alright, kobold or not, whaddaya got for experience in serving the forces of darkness? What's your resume look like? Same goes for the dog in the chair. The Lord of the Hats doesn't just let anyone become a Fezgul, y'know."

Bookman
2006-09-01, 07:26 PM
The man with the mustache says I have no idea what this "chair" you speak of by this is my dog Bonewish We were told to come here by a "Mr Mouran" for a postition

The dooberman snarls and says I'm REALY interested

Pandaren
2006-09-01, 07:27 PM
Pink walks in and sits on a barstool
"Give me a scotch"
She demands in an agrivating voice

Chunklets
2006-09-01, 07:30 PM
"Serving the forces of darkness, eh? Well, I'm a kobold, and we live underground, and it's pretty dark down there, and one time I got a vase stuck on my head, and that was pretty dark too... And I've stabbed lots of people in the back, does that count?"

Chunklets looks worried but hopeful.

Malachi, the Lich King
2006-09-01, 07:32 PM
"Well, like I told the kobold, what kind of experience do you have in serving the forces of darkness? Any impressive [oppressive] evil extracurriculars? And none of that 'I was a cheerleader for the trollish goblin-throwing team' stuff. I wanna hear the real nasty stuff. Also, you need to know how to ride a wyvern."

[Looks back over toward Chunklets]

"Stabbing lots of people in the back is a good decent start. How many of them were elves? You good at harvesting elf ears? Can you screech real loud?[I don't wanna see anything less than a +15 bonus on your Intimidate] And anyone that isn't willing to join the coffee club is right out."

Bookman
2006-09-01, 07:56 PM
Do you imply that I am not evil? I toture puppies on the weekends for FUN. With kittens. In Sacks. And I light them on fire. That evil enough?

Bonewish adds I Toture humans....with flaming gorrilas....for FUN........on the weekends.

Chunklets
2006-09-01, 07:59 PM
Chunklets puffs out his chest, such as it is.

"Harvest elf ears? I was born harvesting elf ears!! What do you think we make our chianti out of?"

Pandaren
2006-09-01, 08:00 PM
"I mutate people in a horrinble excruciating process that takes months. Killing things for non-benefit is amatuer."

Malachi, the Lich King
2006-09-01, 09:33 PM
[Rubs chin, contemplating Chunklets]

"Hmmmm.....maybe the Lord of the Hats should try that '03 Chianti after all..... Alright, Lord Mauron has the final say but you definitely pass the pre-screening process in my book. We'll talk benefits package once he makes his final decision."

[Appraises moustached stranger and evil dobbie]

" I don't know, throwing kittens in bags and lighting them on fire is so First Age. Creativity is tops in the LotH's book. What have you done for graduate work?"

[At Guffa]

"Sounds more up Fedoruman's alley. He might be looking for an apprentice. I think he's looking to improve on his Skullcap'hai for the new war."

Pandaren
2006-09-01, 09:44 PM
((It's actually Pink-Pandaren evil gender-switched evi mirrorl opposite))
What alley, are you saying a mentor? Bahh who needs one, only true evil should survive, what kind of evil mastermind needs a mentor Waht kind of perosn needs a mentor to be evil come on I mean seriously*drink scotch* I was evil since the day I killed my father to the day I die and beyond. Seriously I even tried to kill Pandaren but the imbecile managed to get out, stupid idiot can't even spend a day without drinking rum and he manages to get out of my lair, and sober wouldn't you know it. I mean common that would suck for anybody, having a stupid 6ft rum-drinking Panda escape their lair, I'd feel ashamed but I drink I've drunk a dangerous amount of scotch."

Chunklets
2006-09-01, 09:48 PM
"Woo-hoo!!!!"

Chunklets orders another celebratory glass of chianti.

Pandaren
2006-09-01, 09:57 PM
"Whatever to the nine hells with this I'm leaving"
She walks upstairs busting open a room and going inside.

Chunklets
2006-09-01, 10:15 PM
"Well, I've had a long trip, and I'm tired (and full of kobold chianti)." Hopefully Mauron will be around tomorrow.

Chunklets curls up in the corner of the tavern under a table and goes to sleep.

Chunklets
2006-09-02, 09:03 PM
Chunklets tosses and turns under the table.

zzzzZZZzzzzzzzzznoidonwannabepuntedzzzzZZZZzzzz

Roland St. Jude
2006-09-02, 11:56 PM
[A wizardly-looking fellow in a dark robe and smashing fedora sits in shadows near the bar taking in the scene.]

Hmm, maybe the Lich King is on to something with that apprentice bit. Many hands make light work and all that. And the Skullcap'hai could use some retooling. Maybe someone with some fire skills, that way we could be prepared for those Ents. I hope we see some promising talent soon.

[He sits back and watches the goings on.]

Amiria
2006-09-03, 05:40 AM
A woman in a black robe and with a pointy hat enters the bar and takes a seat a Chunklets' table and punts him accidentely.

"I am the dread Lady Alopecia ! I received a message from Mauron, the Lord of the Hats that great opportunities await here ...", she says and tries to look sinister (but fails miserably).

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j179/Kotzgeist/th_female12v2.gif

lordofthehats
2006-09-03, 08:50 AM
The dread Lord of the Hats finally reappears.

Do you people have any idea how hard it is to get cable hooked up on this side of the mirror? It's hell, I tell ya, and not that pansy human kind, I'm talking the flavor we're more familiar with over here.

He sits at the bar and sips a flaming grape soda while reading Malachi's report.

Right; the little football guy and moustache guy are in. Nothing says evil quite like a moustache, and we're still hurting for ammunition volunteers

He ticks off two more names on his scroll (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=town;action=display;num=1156226320;s tart=256#256), then turns to the sorceress.

My dear lady, it is wonderful to see you; I have heard innumerable tales of your wicked prowess. Would you be interested in joining the Forces of Darkness ? We have excellent benefits and a retirement package not that anybody's survived to use it.

He offers Alopecia a handful of brochures.

Amiria
2006-09-03, 10:09 AM
The Lady Alopecia takes the brochures and reads them carefully for a while. "Ha, I'm in. But I'm not so sure about a position s as a Fezgul ... they are undead, right ? Do you still need more Fezguls anyway ?"

lordofthehats
2006-09-03, 10:20 AM
It's true that Fezguls are technically undead, but from the capers they tend to pull you'd never know it. As far as numbers, we're still a few short of the traditional nine, and besides...it never hurts to have a few spares, if you know what I mean. But if you're not into that whole "level-drain with a touch" thing there's still plenty of other positions open.

Amiria
2006-09-03, 10:48 AM
"Hah, then make a Fezgul ! Level-draining is fun !", says Alopecia and tries to laugh evilly (but fails miserably).

((what are they compared to D&D monsters ? Some special kind of ghosts or dread wraiths ?))

lordofthehats
2006-09-03, 11:00 AM
Mauron gives a mithril-y, pointy smile and ticks off a spot on his list.

Excellent, excellent! Welcome to the Forces of Darkness. As for the actual powers and such, I'm sure Malachi will explain all that when he goes over your orientation materials with you.

The Lord of the Hats sips his flaming grape soda and chortles happily.

Amiria
2006-09-03, 01:35 PM
The dread Lady Alopecia nods and giggles ludicrous. "Very well, I will wait here then. barkeep, a Flaming Zombie please."

Chunklets
2006-09-03, 05:54 PM
"zzzzzZZZZzzz Huh, wha?"

Chunklets awakes, looks around blearily...

"What's happening? Is Mauron here? Who punted me while I was asleep?"

Bookman
2006-09-03, 06:15 PM
EXxxxxxxxceellent. The mustached man twirls his mustache and grins evilly This is excellent. Do I get a tophat?

((Wait...........I'm "the Hipster"? How?))

Amiria
2006-09-03, 06:22 PM
The dread Lady Alopecia tries to look innoncent as Chunklets asks his questins (but fails miserably). "Oh, Lord Mauron ... hmm, he is right over there ... or is he ?", she says.

"I am the dread Lady Alopecia and I am a Fezgul ! Fear me !"

Bookman
2006-09-03, 06:26 PM
I am............errrr..........I am..........errrrrrrr. Oh bugger all this evilness filling my head has led me to forgetting my name. But I'm a Fezgul!

So errrr what do we do now while we're waiting for everyone else............. He looks totally confused evil ((soooooooo I need a name for the "anti" Bookman))

Chunklets
2006-09-03, 06:35 PM
"Pleased to meet both of ya. I'm Chunklets, and I think I'm a Fezgul too - that other guy who was here seemed optimistic. I can't wait 'til we get our fezzes!"

Chunklets looks around eagerly.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-09-04, 12:59 AM
I am............errrr..........I am..........errrrrrrr. Oh bugger all this evilness filling my head has led me to forgetting my name. But I'm a Fezgul!

So errrr what do we do now while we're waiting for everyone else............. He looks totally confused evil ((soooooooo I need a name for the "anti" Bookman))

(Sitcom man?)

Bookman
2006-09-04, 01:08 AM
(Sitcom man?)

((Heh that might work.........but he has an evil version of the book........yes that may be a future story line if I get the time))

Charity
2006-09-04, 03:47 AM
A small figure draped in a mud spattered black curtain and a bright red fez enters, to the unmistakable sound of a carriage crashing outside.

"Ah good more fuel for the ever burning engine of war and destruction recruits."
*eying up the candidates*
"Ooh nice togs" he says feeling the quality of the material on the dread Lady Alopecia's robe.
*getting out a notebook*
"Righteo, oh dread lord, destroyer of hope, corrupter of the divine, user of the last square of toilet paper. er boss. I have done as you have commanded. I have moved the siege engines to the crags ready to rain fire upon the cities below
got the canvassers positioned. I have had the sappers tunnel under the citadels walls ready to collapse their defenses at your command. to assist the .. er brochure delivery boys and I have slaughtered ten thousand elves provide sustenance for your gigantic dread legions arranged lunch.

Amiria
2006-09-04, 04:52 AM
"Hey, are you the one who wrecked the wyverns ?", asks the dread Lady Alopecia and slaps Charity's fingers as he grabs at her robe..

"Well, what is so special about those wyverns anyway. Are they at least huge and fiendish ? Or is it a code phrase for some more scary monster ?"

Charity
2006-09-04, 07:01 AM
When his fingers are slapped the small figure replies with an involuntary
"HIiiiiSSSSsss"
The shadows deepen and his eyes glow red, and the room temperature drops.

The figure removes his fez and fans himself ... and the conditions return to normal.

"Ah a lady of both evil style and knowledge. I told them there was no point costcutting on transport, feindish and huge, yes that sounds very sensible, whats the MPG (miles per goodguy) on one of them?"

Amiria
2006-09-04, 08:15 AM
"Hmm, if you feed them with high-quality dwarves they should have an MPG ratio of more than 60.", says Lady Alopecia and tips her point hat and smirks. "Lord Mauron said that I also will get a Fez soon but he also mentioned that it is not really neccessary to wear it - only higly recommended. I think I will have my wyvern wear it"

Charity
2006-09-04, 09:09 AM
"60 huh? Thats pretty good. Dwarves you say... no worries there, elve on the other hand are getting kind of thin on the ground.. I blame acid rain."

*reaches into his pouch for an ear shaped object and munches on it*
"getting your wyvern to wear it hmm.. Yeah good idea I could do with a spare I can't see a problem there."

"Where is Mal? I need to put in a request for a FH wyvern"

Amiria
2006-09-04, 01:43 PM
"Oh, I doubt that he will give you any more to wrecks ... possibly also one that should be my mount ...", mutters the dread Lady Alopecia.

"Barkeeeeeeeeeeep !!! Another Flaming Zombie please !"

Vindemiatrix
2006-09-04, 01:47 PM
*A dark portal appears in the corner, from which mVindemiatrix steps*
Hmm...have you the need for any...ahh...superior mounts? I might be willing to serve, if you gave me a good reason...

Amiria
2006-09-04, 01:52 PM
"Oh, you are pretty !!! What ... erm, who are you ? A Black Dragon or a Shadow Dragon ? I think I just failed my Knowledge (Arcana) check.", says Alopecia to the dark dragon.

Chunklets
2006-09-04, 02:04 PM
"So, I take it they make wyvern saddles for the more heightfully-challenged amongst us? (And, with all respect, Lady Alopecia, I've found that free-range gnomes make the best wyvern-fuel)"

Amiria
2006-09-04, 04:38 PM
"But dwarves contain more energy, they consist almost solely of muscles. The only problem is that they can sometimes upset a wyvern's stomach when they are too fresh. So you should better pickle them brackish water for three or four days."

Chunklets
2006-09-04, 04:47 PM
"Brackish water, eh? Well, I shall certainly have to give that a try! What do you give your wyverns to ensure shiny scales?"

Dib
2006-09-04, 04:48 PM
Three drow-like young men enter Trog’s. The first, and clearly the oldest is tall, lean and pure drow through and through. The second is taller and far bulkier with huge powerful muscles and scales down his arms, back and sides of his face. The third, youngest of all, is much like the first only he has sharp talons, hooves and a pair of leathery wings.

The first approaches the bar.

“We have heard tell of a mirror world. Our father is there, but we do not know how he managed it. Can someone show us the way?”

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 04:49 PM
((Well Chunklets, she apparently has a servant with very high 'buff' skill...))

Chunklets
2006-09-04, 04:51 PM
((Well Chunklets, she apparently has a servant with very high 'buff' skill...))

((That was awful. Awful, I say! I'll probably be chuckling all afternoon... ;D))

Dib
2006-09-04, 04:52 PM
"Never mind, I think I have it."

*The 3 drow men head to the other world.*

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 04:53 PM
((That wasn't me, it was a mistake she made earlier.))

Amiria
2006-09-04, 04:53 PM
"Shiny scales ? Nah, I paint my wyverns matt black."

Alopecia tuns two the drowish men. "Uhm, think someone talksed about the way to go to the mirror world but I don't remember fro sure. I think you have to cast a Plane Shift spell on that mirror over there. Or was it just a Teleport ? Anyway, just walking through the mirror only brings you to Sneak's Milk Bar on the other side of the street."

Chunklets
2006-09-04, 05:47 PM
"Shiny scales ? Nah, I paint my wyverns matt black."

"With racing stripes? Racing stripes are cool!"

Amiria
2006-09-04, 06:00 PM
"Yes, with red racing stripes. And red ribbons on the wing talons"

Malachi, the Lich King
2006-09-04, 07:05 PM
[Once again the undead sorcerer reaches into the macabre bag slung over his shoulder. He draws forth 3 more blood red fezzes]

"Okay, folks, you'll need these if you're going to serve the Hatlord in grand fashion. Put 'em on and I'll let you know what benefits you're getting."

[Extends the fezzes to Chunklets, Alopecia, and the moustachioed one]

"The new wyverns will be arriving via UPS [Unholy Parcel Service] tomorrow. We did manage to get them bumped up a size category and get the zombie template slapped on them so Charity can't kill them so easily."

"We still seem to be down a Fezgul or two. If anyone knows someone who's looking for unholy power opportunities for quick advancement and the chance to travel, send them here."

Chunklets
2006-09-04, 07:07 PM
Chunklets gazes at his fez in rapt admiration, and then claps it onto his little scaly head.

"Oooh, fit's good!"

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 07:16 PM
The Master of Sound appears, muttering to himself, and looks at the group of Fezguls in alarm.
When did they get planted? They weren't here last time were they? He says loudly to himself.
Mhh- no no no, Hmmmm...

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 07:25 PM
A very, very weird man enters. He is wearing black half plate with an upside down grey cross on the chest, and his eyes change colors every second. Red, blue, yellow, purple, green, orange, and back to red. His movements are erratic at best, and his voice is shakey. Those near him feel sort of tingly, and their hair stands on end. Eroire the Rebel sits down at a table.

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 07:26 PM
The Master of Sound looks at the newcomer with great interest.
He's nothing and all, like me. Mhh- NO! Hmmm! Hm hm hm!
He dances (somewhat literally) around in frustration.

Amiria
2006-09-04, 07:28 PM
The dread Lady Alopecia takes the Fez and turns it around in her small hands. "Hmmm ..." She takes off her pointy wizard's hat, dons the Fez and gazes at herself in a small mirror. She shakes her head. "Hmmm ..." She takes her pointy wizard's hat and pulls it over the fez. "Hmmm ... looks great !"

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 07:30 PM
Eroirf looks at the master of sound, his gaze piercing one moment, and the next soft as the breeze. His eyes turn cold, then burning hot, then back to icy - sending a chill down the weaker of constitution's spines. Hello. Who might you be?

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 07:33 PM
The Master jigs rather crazily around Eriorf, seemingly unaffected by his flashing eyes. No one. Everyone.
He stops jigging suddenly, and stands cool and composed, and his eyes change colors much as Eriorf's did, but from orange to blue.
The Master, The Master of Sound. Who might you be, stranger?

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 07:38 PM
He gives a hollow laugh. Who I am matters not. It's what happens when my name gets out. He pauses. I am Eroirf.

Amiria
2006-09-04, 07:39 PM
The dread Lady Alopecia (http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j179/Kotzgeist/th_female12v2.gif) giggles to herself but then eyes the bossy Fezgul disgruntled. "Gnarf, oh why zombified ? By the Shadows of Bal-Nortok, some of us still have their sense of smell ..."

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 07:44 PM
The Master considers Eriorf.
Well, man known as Eriorf, do you think you could aid me?

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 07:49 PM
He raises an eyebrow. ((This style of text takes too long... lets experiment.)) "I am also known as The Rebel, The Heretic, The Chaotic One, and much more." He pauses again. "For what do you require aid?"

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 07:51 PM
The Master grins.
I need someone to help me make chaos. Somehow I think you might be interested.

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 07:52 PM
He grins a wicked and twisted smile. Sounds... very tempting. ((He's chaotic good but can slip into chaotic neutral sometimes.))

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 07:57 PM
The Master's smile widens.
Then perhaps we shall speak again.
He turns to the bar and gets a drink, somehow convincing the bartender that he doesn't need to pay.

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 07:58 PM
He stands up and sways dangerously, walking over to the MoS. When do we start?

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 08:01 PM
The Master's eyes flash orange and dangerously.
We? WE start when the time is ready. He laughs rather madly.

lordofthehats
2006-09-04, 08:06 PM
A pillar of fire erupts from the Tavern's floor, and the Lord of the Hats steps out.

'sup?

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 08:06 PM
Eroirf grins. I'm starting to like you.

Malachi, the Lich King
2006-09-04, 08:09 PM
[Looks over at the Hatlord ]

"Ah, excellent, you've arrived just in time to witness the new Fezgul recruits donning their fezzes. The transformation should begin in a minute or so."

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 08:10 PM
You're already like me. He says to Eriorf
He looks at Mauron.
Skies and destinies, seeds and farming. He laughs again, cackling and snickering insanely.
Seeds and farming! He screeches with mirth.

Bookman
2006-09-04, 08:12 PM
The mysterious mustached man takes the fez and puts it on Curses! I was hoping for a top hat they're more evil fashionable. Ah well I'll cope

lordofthehats
2006-09-04, 08:12 PM
Rock on. You remembered to harvest their souls this time, right?

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 08:14 PM
Yes... I suppose...

Malachi, the Lich King
2006-09-04, 08:14 PM
"Built-in to the fezzes this time. I really didn't feel like hearing it from you again after that first time." [shakes head]

"Wait, see how their skin is fading out? Looks like the fezzes are doing their jobs." [rubs skeletal hands together]

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 08:15 PM
The Master watches Mauron intensely.

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 08:19 PM
Eroirf twitches violently.

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 08:21 PM
The Master instantly turns to Eriorf, and his eyes flare blue as he evesdrops on the man's mind.
Don't bother with the wretch. It wastes our time.

lordofthehats
2006-09-04, 08:26 PM
Mmm, nice touch with the slow implosion of the eyeballs. I can only assume that hurts like hell, but it sure looks cool.

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 08:27 PM
The Master smirks and sends his voice across to Taklinn again.
You know me, Taklinn. It was I who aided you, sent you to the mirror world. Your arrogance and your ambition were too great, and you wasted your chance. Leave us.

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 08:27 PM
I am not your bootlick. Nor am I your pawn anymore.

Malachi, the Lich King
2006-09-04, 08:28 PM
[Replies to the Hatlord]

"Well, since they won't really be using those eyes anymore its pretty much academic. Sight will be replaced with sound and scent. The fez can make an illusion of what they once looked like if they so wish it but they'll be undead where it counts. Oh, I also made them so nothing can remove them so our new recruits don't need to worry about their power getting stripped away."

[Ponders for a moment]

"Though come to think of it maybe the lack of eyes is why Charity keeps crashing the wyverns.... Meh, whatever. We can always get more wyverns."

lordofthehats
2006-09-04, 08:31 PM
Indeed. Once the toenails go, it's "game over" as the kids say.

Mauron looks around for a kid to confirm this.

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 08:32 PM
Indeed, you are not, Taklinn. So you will not be returning by this method.
He manifests an anti-magic/psionic field around Eriorf.
Don't listen to him, Eriorf. He is an evil and twisted being who tried to manipulate things to his liking and failed.

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 08:33 PM
The twitching slowly dies away, and Eroirf's eyes go back to their normal speed of changing.

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 08:35 PM
I tried to make him see the glory of change, and the good it brings, but he refused to accept it, and went his own, selfish way. He brought his demise upon himself.

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 08:40 PM
Change... insanity... freedom... yes... good things are these...

Malachi, the Lich King
2006-09-04, 08:40 PM
[Pulls 3 long black cloaks and robes from shoulder satchel]

"Here, kids, these are standard issue. No dress code per se but ya got 'em if ya want 'em."

"Remember the Hatlord's incentive plan, every 100 elves slaughtered gets you closer to the upper penthouse quarters in Beret-Dur."

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 08:43 PM
Ah yes, freedom. You would mention that, wouldn't you? Freedom is a precious thing, and what I seek selflessly.

Bookman
2006-09-04, 08:44 PM
The Mysterious Mustached Man (3M from now on) blindy stumbles forward and says Ooooo nice cloak is that sable? Feels awfully nice...... He puts it on with a flourish and then trys to sit down......and falls down.

DANGIT! Stupid eyesight.........

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 08:44 PM
He shudders. And to think some people would go so far as to limit other's freedom... Justicars do this... police do this... paladins do this... He shivers.

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 08:46 PM
Ah, but I speak of more literal freedom. Freedom for my brothers. The Master stares at Eriorf intensely. You can help me with this.

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 08:48 PM
His eye's start changing at different speeds; his right changing normally, and his left changing colors twice as fast. Eroirf blinks. L-literal freedom? What do you mean, by this? Not simply freedom of what actions to choose?

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 08:51 PM
One leads to another, Eriorf. My brothers are imprisoned. Trapped within a static plane, a plane of emptiness, the void and no possibilities other than what my brothers may do. I was with them once, but I sought this life out and took the freedom it offered me.

Malachi, the Lich King
2006-09-04, 08:55 PM
[At 3M]

"You're still trying to see with your eyes. Smell and scent are more reliable. Smell the fear of others. That'll help you get around better. 'Course that's easy for me to say since I've still got my eyesight but that's what Beast Rabban told me after he became a Fezgul."

[Shrugs]

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 08:57 PM
Oh... thats what I mean... Freedom of Actions. If they are unallowed to leave... they do not have that freedom.

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 08:59 PM
However, they do have a chance to leave. Through you, they may come out. Through you, they may enter this world, and thus their full freedom. Again I ask you, will you aid me?

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 09:00 PM
He raises an eyebrow, as both eyes begin to shift colors in unison once more. This will not have any... negative effects on me, will it?

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 09:02 PM
It shouldn't, though I have no previous tests to base this off of.

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 09:03 PM
He shrugs. Eh, what the hell. Sure.

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 09:05 PM
I must commune with them first. We should avoid calling in more than one at a time, so as to prevent any... unnatural distortions. I need to determine who will come first.
His eyes flash orange, and then back to blue. His focus seems far away.

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 09:06 PM
Eroirf shuffles his feet and hums randomly.

lordofthehats
2006-09-04, 09:10 PM
Good ol' Beastie...now that guy knew how to pop a dwarf's head off, and with class too.

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 09:11 PM
The Master notices the random tune and latches onto it, humming at first and then singing. His eyes flash orange, and then blue and then each eye takes on a different color. He sings with two voices, meshing them in complex patterns and random harmonies.
Something, another consciousness perhaps, begins to form in Eriorf's mind. It seems intrusive, but so do all minds when they touch another mind.
((Eriorf can resist if he wants))

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 09:12 PM
Eroirf, thinking it's Taklinn again, throws up mental barriers and summons all of his fortitude to resist the presence.

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 09:13 PM
((Will save should be around 35))

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 09:15 PM
...but the force overwhelms him, and the walls around his mentallity are surrendered.

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 09:18 PM
A foriegn consciousness invades his body, attempting to take over entirely.
((Do you have anything special in mind for Eriorf? I have an easy backup plan that can keep my plot going if you want to keep him around))

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 09:20 PM
((Yeah... I'd like him to be alive and well on this plane for something later on.))

He stumbles backwards, falling prone. His eyes are flashing colors at a dangerously high speed now.

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 09:23 PM
((Ok. Executing plan B.))
The Master sings a different tune, and something begins to split off from Eriorf. It seems to be something wrought purely of light and darkness, of no solid form at all. As it grows, Eriorf can feel the presence receding from his mind.

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 09:24 PM
Eroirf's left eye continues to shift very fast, but his other has gone to an almost complete standstill, changing color every 5 seconds or so. He twitches on the ground.

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 09:28 PM
The shapeless form is somehow completed, and Eriorf feels the presence leave entirely. The Master beckons to the creature of shadow and light, and it rushes into him, fusing with his body. His body flashes black and white as he joins with the presence he summoned. The blue and orange in his eyes recede, replaced by a steady yellow glow.
So this is what it is to be mortal. The voice is different from the Master of Sound's.

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 09:30 PM
He lays on the ground, twitching, eyes closed.

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 09:32 PM
The Master of Sound's eyes turn to blue, and he addresses Eriorf.
Get up. Your trial is complete.
His very words are invigorating, calming, and restoring.

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 09:34 PM
Eroirf's eyes snap open, both of them are grey. He gets up, and they resume shifting colors at normal speed.

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 09:36 PM
You have done well, Eriorf. With my brother with me, I feel more complete with each passing moment. I can only imagine what it will be like when we are all manifest.
His eyes flare yellow again.
Indeed, you have both done well.

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 09:37 PM
A-and how did I help? My dragon heritage? ((He's a sorcerer.))

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 09:40 PM
Not at all. You are a focus of this plane, and not only that, but one of chaos and change. We used you as one would use a catalyst, ingniting the possibilities that brought about our freedom.

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 09:41 PM
He slowly nods, not quite understanding it all.

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 09:44 PM
The Master's eyes darken to black.
"I have waited long for this..."
The room begins to shift with colors and lights.
"I feel the power coursing within me. I am incarnate."
As we all will be.

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 09:45 PM
Izzatgood?

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 09:47 PM
It is. It means change... and freedom.
The light flickering over the walls changes to orange and blue, and strange chiming noises begin to emminate from the shifting patterns.

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 09:48 PM
I'll take your word for that.

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 09:49 PM
We will speak again, catalyst.
The Master vanishes.
((Good night all!))

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 09:56 PM
((G'night.))

Eroirf takes a seat, and orders a DLB...

Loren_and_Kivsith
2006-09-04, 10:42 PM
Laurin comes into the bar and sees Malachi, Mauron, and the three new Fezguls (I'm assuming they're all still here, because nobody mentioned any of them leaving). Is one of you Malachi? she asked as she sat at the bar, then ordered a Murderita.

((I hadn't really realized that Laurin would actually be turned undead (I know, I can be pretty thick sometimes), and I was wondering; is there a way for her to serve the forces of darkness without going zombie? Perhaps we could say that since she is 'the sexy one,' and undead aren't exactly sexy, she doesn't have to be one? If not, could we maybe switch her over to a non-undead position and say that was what she signed up for in the first place? I'm not trying to be difficult, honest, but something in me just doesn't want to see Laurin permanently zombie-fied))

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 10:50 PM
((Perhaps the zombification goes away after they lose the fezzes.))

Loren_and_Kivsith
2006-09-04, 11:41 PM
((I could live with that idea, but I think the point was that when you sign your soul over to evil, it was a permanent arrangement; so you'd probably have to wear the fez permanently, too.

In other news, I have to get to bed very soon. So if anyone's on, you can talk to Laurin, just don't expect her to respond until I can get on again))

Amiria
2006-09-05, 03:29 AM
"Gah, my eyesight !", says the new Fezgul Alopecia and stumbles through the tavern. "Hmm, huh, hah, let's see if this works ..." She concentrates for some seconds and then casts a Wish spell. "Tadaaa, much better. Enhanced hearing and smell are for sure great, but nuffin' beats eyes for long range perception ... and to distinguish if you wear a matching pair of socks !"

Charity
2006-09-05, 03:58 AM
"Meh.. I learnt to distinguish my socks by smell years before I lost my eyes"
*munches on a crunchy ear shaped snack*

"It helps to have spent most of your life in dark places looting temples and robbing graves er like um ... well you know, those legitimate dark places I can't think of just now."

He sniffs

"Nice skull motif" sniff "though I think your hem is frayed"
*munch*
[through a mouthful of ear] "mmf zombies, 'll save on fuel, mmmgh good idea Mal"

Malachi, the Lich King
2006-09-05, 09:47 AM
[Malachi gives a strange toothy leer that might actually be a smile]

"Ah, I see the lady found the same loophole that I did. Well done. Though as long as you stick near either your wyvern or Charity's socks you can orient fairly well."

[For Laurin]

"You're not zombified, you're somewhere halfway between lich and spectre. You don't really look that different from your living form, just a little translucent and a bit on the greyish side. The fez can cover that up if you wish, heck it can even make itself invisible if you don't find it stylish enough for your tastes. That's what I do. Charity just seems to think it goes well with the curtain.....for some reason that I don't fathom."

Charity
2006-09-05, 10:11 AM
*munch crunch*

"This is an armageddon cloak I'll av you know, I bought it cheap from that lil parellel universe,... you know the one, it's behind the chippy, anyway it'sa very pot ent arty fact" *puts away the card he's been reading*

*twiddling his fingers and trying to sound matter of fact*
"So it wont matter If these wyverns er .. spontaneously develop large wing.. er holes then?"

Loren_and_Kivsith
2006-09-05, 12:23 PM
Somehow, Malachi had answered the exact question Laurin had been going to ask, even though she had not spoken yet. But she showed no sign of astonishment, only nodded. She had been worried about the empty eye sockets she saw around her, but she saw what Alopecia had done, and she decided to do the same, for she could also cast Wish.

I assume the transformation will render me immortal? If that is the case, let it begin.

Chunklets
2006-09-05, 12:35 PM
"No eyes? Heh, we're used to it, snuffling around in the dark like we tend to do. Ewww, kobolds really are stinky..."

Chunklets sniffs appreciatively at the cloak.

"Smells... evil. So, when begins the culling of elf-ears?"

Malachi, the Lich King
2006-09-05, 01:21 PM
[Replys to Laurin]

"Yep, immortality is part of the package."

Loren_and_Kivsith
2006-09-05, 01:30 PM
Alright, then. Give me one of those fezes. She holds out her hand, ready to take a fez. Is there anything else I'll need to serve the forces of darkness?

Amiria
2006-09-05, 01:31 PM
"So, did the new wyverns arrive already ? I want to ride out to create havoc, harvest elf-ears sell some insurancies."

Vindemiatrix
2006-09-05, 06:46 PM
So, does your cause require any...ah...contractors, specifically, nonmounted, flying ones?

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-05, 07:39 PM
Eroirf gets up and wanders over to the mirror to Inari's, going through it with interest.

Malachi, the Lich King
2006-09-06, 09:43 AM
[Replies to the new Fezgul, all four of them]

"Alright kiddies, the new wyverns are finally in. Sorry they're a day late but don't fret, Charity is drawing and quartering the UPS guy explaining to the UPS guy how crucial it is for our insurance business that we get our packages on time. Can anyone explain to me why one of the wyverns showed up painted matt black with red detailing? I'll assume the one with the rabid fox decal on the front shoulder is BlackFox's."

Chunklets
2006-09-06, 09:47 AM
To Malachi:

"Can we take 'em for a spin, Oh Dread Master?"

Charity
2006-09-06, 10:22 AM
*Wiping his bloodied hands on the stained apron he is removing*

"Ok I think we've come to a mutual understanding.. hey Mal I didn't even have to read the card to avoid saying his gutted corpse has been fed to the sewer rats.. Darn it"
*gets the card out for next time.*

So, does your cause require any...ah...contractors, specifically, nonmounted, flying ones?

"I believe that ever since that billybob bagboy, showed up with those stumpies, the honourary title of Smug the Dragon is up for grabs available at a small charge. "

Malachi, the Lich King
2006-09-06, 01:38 PM
[At Chunklets]

"As long as you keep 'em here in the mirror realm for now. Try to avoid any clashes with the townsfolk but any NPC elves or dwarves are fair game. A Fezgul's gotta eat after all [well, not really, but it sounds good anyway] The Hatlord has big plans and it wouldn't do to give them away too soon."

Chunklets
2006-09-06, 02:05 PM
"Thank you, O Dread Master! I'll be back just as soon as I think I've got the hang of it!"

Chunklets exits Trog's, and soon there is heard from outside the sound of kobold vs. uncooperative wyvern round 1.

Airima
2006-09-06, 02:08 PM
"Great ! Oh, I'll take matt black and red one. Great color. Someone at UPS couldn't resist my Demand spell must have a great sense of taste ...", says the dread Lady Alopecia and leaves the tavern.

Chunklets
2006-09-06, 02:45 PM
From outside the tavern can be heard:

"Goldarn animal! No, don't do that! Ow, my foot! Ok, I'm on board, now flap!! C'mon boy, flap those wings! Hi, Dread Lady Alopecia! Hey, we're flying!! Turn right! Right! Starboard!! Arrgh!!"

And then, fading into the high-altitude distance:

"Hey, this is kinda fun!"

Loren_and_Kivsith
2006-09-06, 04:24 PM
((Okay, I'm going to just assume you gave Laurin a fez, since you didn't ever respond))

Laurin took the fez, and put it on. Her eyes imploded, but she cast Wish quickly after, and they returned to their former state. Her skin briefly flashed grey before the fez's powers of illusion took over, and it went back to normal. The fez disappeared, too, as that happened. Excellent! she exclaimed as she felt the power of immortality coursing through her.

She quickly headed outside to choose her wyvern. She eyed them all suspiciously, as if she thought any one of them would try to turn on her the moment she turned her back. She looked up at the biggest one that remained unclaimed, completely unintimidated by his glowing, angry red eyes. She didn't much trust dragons of any sort, but a wyvern should be easy enough to keep in line. She snapped the whip at him, wrapping it around the base of his wing so that she could use it as a rope to climb his back. The creature roared as the whip touched him, but Laurin only smiled at his pain. Dragonflesh against dragonflesh, how delightfully ironic. Unseen by mortals, another dragon winced in pain as well, no longer having the strength to roar. Once Laurin was on the wyvern's back, she unwrapped her whip from the creature's wing, but kept it ready.

Take me to the forest, she commanded with another strike from her whip, and the wyvern took off into the air.

Bookman
2006-09-06, 05:06 PM
3M slowly stumbles out of Trog's and then finds his wyvern which is , now that the other 3 have taken a wyvern, the wheezing one. ((creative libertys! )) Goood wyvern.........aw no why'd you have to go get that on my cloak? EWwwwwww I'm NOT paying for that to be cleaned. You're going to have to fix that in the morning
With that you hear a great beating of wings as he takes off........and then a giant crash as the wyvern hits a building.......and then more wingbeats as they take off

blackfox
2006-09-06, 05:21 PM
The drow elf comes downstairs. "There had better be at least one healthy wyvern left... Even though I hate those stupid beasts, you've got to admit they're handy for transport." She stops talking when she realizes no one's there to listen to her."Oh... SHOCK... I missed all the people." She scowls and walks outside. Evidently there is at least one healthy wyvern left, because wingbeats can be heard several minutes later.

lordofthehats
2006-09-06, 07:28 PM
Mauron gives a mithril-y grin.

Well, this is working out swimmingly. Malachi, give yourself a promotion.

Chunklets
2006-09-06, 07:35 PM
From outside the tavern comes a noise not unlike that of a wyvern making a six-point landing. A moment later, the door opens and Chunklets sniffs his way into the tavern, somewhat unsteadily.

"Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..."

Chunklets wobbles his way to the bar, and starts to order a drink, before remembering that his taste buds are no more.

lordofthehats
2006-09-06, 07:37 PM
Don't worry about the taste thing, kid. It's the inherent evil in drinking leprechaun brain fluid that draws me. And the bubbles, of course.

Chunklets
2006-09-06, 07:47 PM
"Oh, er, um, sorry, didn't smell you there"

Chunklets sniffs at the air.

"You smell of hats! You must be Mauron, our new Dark Overlord. I am yours to command!"

lordofthehats
2006-09-06, 09:32 PM
The Lord of the Hats demands...cake!

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-06, 09:34 PM
Eroirf the Rebel enters and looks around nervously. This... Taklinn has been in his head for a while, and was trying to take over his mind. He sits down at a table and watches the Lord of Hats.

blackfox
2006-09-06, 09:41 PM
The sound of flapping wings, a crash, and loud shouting comes from outside. Finally, the drow comes stomping in. "Stupid wyverns... I hate those things..." She sits down next to Mauron.

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-06, 09:45 PM
Suddenly, mTaklinn breaks through the barrier to Eroirf's mind with the force of a tactical nuke, taking over his body and mind. The Rebel's eyes and hands glow as mTaklinn forces him to cast Wish twice in succession, one to create a new body for mTaklinn and the other to bring him back to life.

The raised mTaklinn looks around the room after he gets up. GODS I hate being dead. Cant kill people in the afterlife.

Eroirf falls to the ground after his eyes go grey. He twitches.

AmberVael
2006-09-06, 10:04 PM
The Master of Sound walks in and sees Eriorf on the floor.
"Do you know what I do to meddlers, Taklinn?" Says a cold and dark voice that Taklinn has never heard from the Master before. The Master's eyes are jet black, almost absorbing light.
((Dang, I've been having really good timing recently.))

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-06, 10:24 PM
Pfft. I just knocked him out cold. I dont think I did any permenant damage... yet.

AmberVael
2006-09-06, 10:27 PM
"You'd best not get in our way, Taklinn. Or I will be forced to remove you from our path." The light around him begins to contrast. The area directly around him is extremely dark, but around the dark area the light becomes intense.

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-06, 10:28 PM
He idly picks at his fingernails. Meh, whatever. I'm still gonna go back to that dimension and kill Rakso's mirror. Vengeance is sweet.

AmberVael
2006-09-06, 10:30 PM
"I will be watching you, mageling." The area around the Master absorbs all light, and then it restores itself to its natural light level, but the Master is gone.

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-06, 10:33 PM
Heh... He looks at the twitching unconcious form of Eroirf. You may still have some use.

AmberVael
2006-09-06, 10:34 PM
The Master of Sound's voice floats through the air.

Indeed he does. Keep your hands off, Taklinn.

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-06, 10:34 PM
Oh come on! I just need a high-leveled teleport spell.

AmberVael
2006-09-06, 10:37 PM
The Master of Sound appears, slightly misty and washed out with the color blue.
Then take this!
He reaches out and Taklinn can feel the pull to the other Town, the real town.

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-06, 10:37 PM
Thanks! mTaklinn allows himself to get sucked into the portal.

Loren_and_Kivsith
2006-09-06, 10:39 PM
A flapping of wings is heard, followed by a large 'thwump,' such as of a wyvern crash-landing. This sound is followed by the crack of a whip, and an exclamation, Stupid beast! How much Int does it take to land, for crying out loud! Another crack of the whip for good measure, and Laurin dismounted, tying up her wyvern, whom she had affectionately named Iggy, at a post near the tavern.

Laurin walked in the door of the tavern. Her whips were both spattered with blood, which smelled distinctly (to anyone who would recognize the smells) of unicorn, nymph, pixie, and wyvern. She held in one of her hands a fair amount of pixie wings; she was working on finding out if they would be one of the components of a spell she was working on. Namely, a spell to reverse Vaetheldion's curse.

She came up to the bar and set down her pixie wings on the counter, and began analysing them; casting cantrips to see what they would do, basically measuring their arcane properties. She absentmindedly told the barkeeper, Kobold Chianti, please.

Charity
2006-09-07, 03:26 AM
Rumaging around in his pack, the black drape draped fezgul approaches his dread lord.

"Cake... YeeessssSS, I Knew I had one Ssssomewhere"
http://darklingwoods.com/site_mech/scrapbook_images/Cake.jpg

"It's me Mums old recipe... lots of ground pixie brains, Beastie always loved it" *the manefestation of evil looks glum.*

Thes Hunter
2006-09-07, 03:34 AM
(( Charity that's awesome. And with that, adieu and buono notte ))

blackfox
2006-09-07, 08:21 AM
((That's awesome, Charity! I have to try to make one of those sometime...))

The drow elf grins, waiting to see if Mauron will ever log on wake up.

Chunklets
2006-09-07, 12:38 PM
Chunklets sniffs at the air, and makes greedy noises in the direction of the cake.

Malachi, the Lich King
2006-09-07, 01:15 PM
Unbelievable the stuff Charity manages to find on the web. I mean, honestly, a LotR flaming eye cake?

Airima
2006-09-07, 02:00 PM
The dread Lady Alopecia floats back in to the tavern and sniffs. "Hmm, what is this ? Where is it ? Ah, cake, scrumptious cake ! And also eye candy, my precioussss eyesesss !" She floats around the cake with a hungry look on her face.

Laurin_and_Sikthiv
2006-09-07, 09:38 PM
Laurin looked up from her work when she smelled cake. She put the wings (some of which were now glowing in odd colors) into a little cloth sack, and looked up to see where the good smell was coming from. You do intend to share that, right? she said to Charity, her voice daring the other Fezgul to say no.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-09-08, 12:31 AM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/llamas/tiefllama.gif

*the Godruped materializes in the bar and looks around at all the undead fez wearers.* "This place is weird. Even for this plane. I need something that I can sip to enjoy while watching a good creature slowly turn to evil."

Charity
2006-09-08, 03:21 AM
To the gathered horde

"Well we ssshould really wait for the dread lord, defiler of nature, leveller of cities, leaver of the toilet seat up er sssupervisor..."
*looking at the assemled hungry creatures looming over him*
"Or not"
*whips an evil looking blade out*
"I was never a big one for rulessss or convention any who"
*Cuts slices*

"Who'sss firssst?"

Chunklets
2006-09-08, 11:25 AM
"I'd like a piece with lots of icing, if that's ok, please!"

Chunklets continues to wiggle his nose in the direction of the succulent cake.

Malachi, the Lich King
2006-09-08, 04:05 PM
[Eyes assembled Fezgul]

"You weren't thinking of having cake without the Hatlord, were you?"

Chunklets
2006-09-08, 04:23 PM
"Well, not 'thinking of it' so much as 'wishing very much that the Hatlord would show up soon so that we could have some cake' kind of idea."

Chunkets shuffles his feet and tries to look innocent.

Roland St. Jude
2006-09-08, 11:17 PM
The dark figure in shadows around the bar, waves his hand almost in perceptibly and before him appears a piece of cake in the shape of a perfect sphere, although it's strangley devoid of any frosting.

He smiles wickedly, and grabs for a fork. Still no apprentice material, he thinks. Maybe once the fezzes are all handed out. Or I could just wait until the action starts and enslave recruit a suitable henchman. They're so much more helpful when they're willing, though.

Muttering almost in a whisper (through a mouthful of cake) the wizard says, "Yes, a real apprentice would be nice for a change, a protege, even."

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-09-10, 08:40 PM
*The Godruped scowls and his ears perk up.* What is that power he's sending out. He's not supposed to be able to do that!" *The creature lets out a frustrated cry and disappears.*

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-10, 08:48 PM
Eroirf twitches and gets up. He'd spent a few days lying on the floor, unconcious. His eyes start changing colors again.

Fenric
2006-09-10, 08:50 PM
*Fenric charges in through the mirror and glares around the room, his eyes blazing red*

Where is he?

Kyrian
2006-09-10, 08:51 PM
Kyrian tumbles in through the mirror, Ebony and Ivory in hand. He takes a look around.

DarkHunter
2006-09-10, 08:51 PM
*Myobu jumps through the mirror a moment later*

Not here... Outside, quickly!

*He runs past Fenric and out into the street. Fenric snarls and follows*

Kyrian
2006-09-10, 08:52 PM
Kyrian runs after them.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-09-10, 08:53 PM
*One of the NPC's cowers as Fenric approaches* "I heard you were dead! Don't hurt me. I'll tell you what I can. Where is who?"

DarkHunter
2006-09-10, 08:53 PM
(( Oh well, they got separated... ))

*Myobi and little Kyrian charge in, and see everyone else leaving. They follow as well*

AmberVael
2006-09-10, 08:54 PM
Elya comes through the mirror, still barefoot and clutching Earin's staff. She stays in the back and follows everyone else's lead.

Fenric
*Fenric pauses and turns his red-eyed glare on the NPC*

As you can see, the rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated. Where did the llama go?

BelkarsDagger
Eroirf watches the people go by. He mumbles and gets himself a rust monster.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-09-10, 08:56 PM
"That thing. It just teleported away. Said something about "It wasn't supposed to do that." He'd been watching some scrying bowl all day."

*He points to a bowl filled with blood on a counter*