PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Incarnum quick-reference

Salanmander
2010-11-22, 11:24 PM
Anyone who has used Magic of Incarnum in any capacity probably knows that the quick reference tables for soulmelds are completely worthless.* This has increased the amount of time I need to browse through potential soulmelds by a substantial amount, so I decided to make better quick reference tables.

I ended up with an excel spreadsheet that lists all of the soulmelds and has nearly all the information required to play with them. It doesn't have all the information in the book, especially for soulmelds with complex effects, but it lists the basics of all the benefits.

Now, I would like to let other people use this. I put a decent amount of effort into it, and it fills a gap in what the book does. However, it also provides a whole bunch of copyrighted information.** So, playground, what do you think I should do? Provide it to people who PM me? Only distribute to people I know personally who have access to MoI?

*For those unaware, they only list the most minor of three main effects for each soulmeld. The other effects get no mention at all.

**The style of information is things like "+2+2X competence to spot, hide" and "totem: 2 1d6 claws, 1d4 str/- poison", if that matters.

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-11-23, 12:10 AM
Boilerplate Warning: I'm fairly familiar with copyright, but I'm not a lawyer by any means, so take this as you will.

Under copyright law, you may not copy or redistribute copyrighted material unless (A) it's fair use (a backup copy, for instance) or (B) you have a license or contract allowing it. This wouldn't fall under (A), and as MoI isn't OGL it wouldn't fall under (B), so you really shouldn't be distributing this at all. While Crystalkeep and Realmshelp have escaped litigation thus far, you don't want to bring the wrath of WotC down on you.

faceroll
2010-11-23, 01:22 AM
While Crystalkeep and Realmshelp have escaped litigation thus far, you don't want to bring the wrath of WotC down on you.

You're about one million times more likely to get in trouble with a mod here than have Hasbro chase you down.

One way you could do it has have people PM you with a pic of their copy of MoI and their handle written on a piece of paper next to it/on it.

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-11-23, 01:29 AM
You're about one million times more likely to get in trouble with a mod here than have Hasbro chase you down.

True, but that's only here, whereas if people were to say "it's against the rules here" and he put it up on Rapidshare or something he'd still be committing copyright infringement.

One way you could do it has have people PM you with a pic of their copy of MoI and their handle written on a piece of paper next to it/on it.

Could work, but I'd still get a mod's okay before doing that.

faceroll
2010-11-23, 01:31 AM
True, but that's only here, whereas if people were to say "it's against the rules here" and he put it up on Rapidshare or something he'd still be committing copyright infringement.

Word.

Could work, but I'd still get a mod's okay before doing that.

Definitely.