PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Putting Tenebrous to Work

Thurbane
2010-11-23, 07:56 PM
When binding Tenebrous, you gain Rebuke Undead 1/5 rounds (1/4 rounds if you’re willing to blow a bunch of feats). I’ve seen arguments that this is not how it works, but for my purposes, this is what we’d be using on my game. A Binder can bind Tenebrous at 7th level, or 5th with the Improved Binding feat.

Aside from actually rebuking Undead, what feats and other abilities can you fuel with a Rebuke 1/5 rounds? This is what I’ve found so far:

Blackwater Invocation
Destruction Devotion
Divine Accuracy
Divine Armor
Divine Cleansing
Divine Fortune
Divine Justice
Divine Might
Divine Resistance
Divine Shield
Divine Soultouch
Divine Spell power
Divine Spirit
Divine Vigor
Divine Ward
Domain Spontaneity
Dragonfire Channeling
Earth Devotion
Evil Devotion
Glorious Weapons
Good Devotion
Haunting Weapons
Healing Devotion
Lolth’s Caress
Profane Agony
Profane Aura
Profane Boost
Profane Outburst
Retrieve Spells (0 level spells only)
Sacred Vengeance
Strength Devotion
Sun Devotion
Water Devotion

Just re-read the ability, and it grants either Turn or Rebuke, depending on your alignment, so there is a bunch of Divine feats I've left off the list...

Last Laugh
2010-11-23, 08:34 PM
Divine Metamagic (0-level MM adjustments only)
Should we mention access to prestige classes (Tenebrous Apostate is the obvious example) but I know there are others that require turning.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-11-23, 09:54 PM
As a pseudo-off-topic, fluff question, how would Orcus react to meeting somebody bound to Tenebrous? This is assuming the person is powerful enough/interesting enough not to be killed on sight, like his standard reaction to most things. Would Orcus find it funny, somehow? Would he just be angry? Nostalgic?

Tvtyrant
2010-11-23, 10:00 PM
As a pseudo-off-topic, fluff question, how would Orcus react to meeting somebody bound to Tenebrous? This is assuming the person is powerful enough/interesting enough not to be killed on sight, like his standard reaction to most things. Would Orcus find it funny, somehow? Would he just be angry? Nostalgic?

I have a story arc where an aspect of Orcus (the CR 9 kind) binds Tenebrous as a way to regain godhood.

Psyren
2010-11-23, 10:19 PM

Given that he's the poster-child of Chaotic Evil... it's pretty hard to tell, but it probably won't be nice.

A better question might be what Tenebrous will do if he sees Orcus.

Starbuck_II
2010-11-23, 10:25 PM
Given that he's the poster-child of Chaotic Evil... it's pretty hard to tell, but it probably won't be nice.

A better question might be what Tenebrous will do if he sees Orcus.

Fist bump. Definately a fist bump.