PDA

View Full Version : Swordsage variant question.

TechnOkami
2010-11-23, 08:33 PM
So, for a character I have in a game, I'm thinking of becoming a swordsage, specifically an unarmed swordsage. But since my character is a dire werewolf and has a natural attack (claw), I was thinking of making it more like a natural attack progression rather than the monk's unarmed strike progression.

Would it be better to have the claw progression or the unarmed strike progression?

Keld Denar
2010-11-23, 08:41 PM
You can have both.

Natural weapons can be added to a full attack, so long as the weapons you make your iterative attacks with don't interfere with your natural weapons. If you made sword attacks, you couldn't make claw attacks since the claw is holding the sword. Since UASs don't take up a hand, and can be made with any part of your body, you can make BOTH!

Do note, thats only on a full attack. If you attack with a strike, you are attacking as a standard action, not making a full attack.

Example:

If you have a BAB of +11, and you DON'T have Multiattack, your routine will be:
UAS: +11/+6/+1
Claw: +6/+6
Bite: +6

TechnOkami
2010-11-23, 08:50 PM
You can have both.

Natural weapons can be added to a full attack, so long as the weapons you make your iterative attacks with don't interfere with your natural weapons. If you made sword attacks, you couldn't make claw attacks since the claw is holding the sword. Since UASs don't take up a hand, and can be made with any part of your body, you can make BOTH!

Do note, thats only on a full attack. If you attack with a strike, you are attacking as a standard action, not making a full attack.

Example:

If you have a BAB of +11, and you DON'T have Multiattack, your routine will be:
UAS: +11/+6/+1
Claw: +6/+6
Bite: +6

:D You sir, just made my day.