PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Fate Style...Possible?

Bango Shank
2010-11-23, 11:49 PM
I've been thinking about a One Piece game for a long time, ever since my friends and I began to devise our own fan characters for the series. My biggest problem has always been what system to run it with. Mutants and Masterminds seems to be the default for many people, myself included, and was originally going to be what I was going to use.

Then I found Fate 3.0, specifically the Dresden Files RPG. The open-ended story-driven style of the Fate system seems perfect for a world where semantics trumps physics. I personally enjoy it because it is a refreshing break from the much more mechanically heavy d20 systems I'm use to playing.

Now the hard question though is: Will it work? I've done what I can on my own (as the only one within my group who has the Dresden RPG books and is familiar with Fate) as far as stating existing characters and seeing how the rules system handles the rather ridiculous nature of One Piece. So far I think it could work, but I come here asking you good folk if you feel the same?

So, can you run a One Piece RPG with the Fate 3.0 system? What are some of the problems using the system would face? What are some things that may need to be added or changed to make it work? What are your ideas for such a concept?

Bango Shank
2010-11-25, 05:34 AM
Bump.

Any opinions? Thoughts? Comments that I should shove off?

Bango Shank
2010-11-27, 03:06 AM
Last Bump before calling this thread a bust.

Once more, any thoughts or comments on the idea of using the FATE system to run a One Piece based RPG?

WitchSlayer
2010-11-27, 03:40 AM
I remember hearing someone combining the Fate system, specifically the points, with I think Mutants and Masterminds.

WeeFreeMen
2010-11-27, 03:41 AM
Sadly, Ive not any experience with the FATE system.
That said, I did run a successful One Piece campaign on 3.5/PF D20 ^^;

I know its not what your looking for, but seeing as your level of responses were somewhat..minimal.. I thought I should chime in.

Don't write off 3.5/PF just yet.. and you can bend the system to your choosing.