PDA

View Full Version : Seattle Weather (And the UW Staff Idiocy)

NineThePuma
2010-11-24, 01:22 AM
Am I the only one who's amused by the weather patterns here? Seriously, this is insane. Everything is closed.

Then, you know, the UW is open. Whoo.

Gadora
2010-11-24, 01:31 AM
At least it isn't as bad as it was in '08. That was not fun to come home to.

Fuzzie Fuzz
2010-11-24, 03:51 PM
No, this is way worse. It's snow before Thanksgiving! We never get snow!

And my understanding of the UW is that the Dean acknowledges that we're in for a snow-filled winter due to La Niņa, so if he closed the campus every time there was snow, there just wouldn't be a winter quarter this year. Also, 5 inches really isn't all that much for any place but Seattle, we're just not accustomed to it.

NineThePuma
2010-11-24, 05:12 PM
Yeah, except we keep getting abandoned buses and stuff, and half the city IS shut down due to ice.

Every major road in the area is, like, a hill. I personally live on queen Anne. I'm not going ANYWHERE by bus. Or car. I might be able to manage it on foot though.

Nibleswick
2010-11-24, 07:03 PM
How bad is it there? How much snow are you getting?

I was in Ellensburg in '08, I had so much fun helping people clean up from the flood.

Keld Denar
2010-11-24, 07:45 PM
I got on a plane in '08 right when the snow started. One of the last planes to leave that morning. Was in TX through the worst of it. Felt good, like sleeping through a thunderstorm.

This year...yea. Stupid Seattle drivers. Its not like snow is that foreign of a concept. Its white, it falls from the sky, and it makes driving REALLY difficult. Slow the F down.

South sound has been pretty lucky though. Its a lot flatter down here, so icey hills isn't as big of an issue, and it seems like it snowed for a much shorter period of time down here. I haven't ventured out too far besides work and home, but tomorrow I'm driving up to the Whidbey Island ferry, so hopefully things are good. I'm about sick of this crap already. When I moved here, I was promised that the snow would behave itself and stay in the mountains. Obviously, the snow didn't get the memo this year. Someone should resend the memo...

And, here is the amazing talents and intelect that inhabits the Queen Anne neighborhood... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsJLVub50Aw&feature=player_embedded)

Miklus
2010-11-25, 12:43 PM
It's snowing here in Denmark....pretty, but this is some of the worst weather I have ever driven in. You brake, the ABS goes crazy, but nothing happens! And I'm on winter tires too. It took 2 hours to make a 20 minute drive...:smallsigh: