PDA

View Full Version : Insane Epic Spell.

Morithias
2010-11-24, 11:23 AM
Ok for the sake of my sanity please avoid the "Redemption unwilling" moral debate. I have an idea for a plan I want to pull off in a campaign but I'm having trouble with it.

I need a spell seed that can target a whole plane, namely to try and create an epic spell that when cast at the abyss/baator/etc it will purify the plane as a whole (Think "Z-wave" from power rangers in space).

None of the epic spell seeds I could find targeted a whole plane though.

And yes feel free to make insane requirements since I already plan to have one of the requirements be "need an archdevil/demon/etc who is in love with you as a focus", for DRAMA! XD

randomhero00
2010-11-24, 02:46 PM
I would say they'd need to sacrifice/kill some kind of god to achieve such a thing. Not only that but the opposite god of the plane your on. So if you wanted to purify the abyss you'd need a positive aligned god to sacrifice...

Also don't just make it one spell, make it so they have to set up secondary stations/explosions just like real demolition. Have them create some kind of pilon of massive energy of X amount spread out through the plane so that when the spell goes off it creates a chain reaction and increases the explosion many times of what it would normally do.

Also consider to sacrifice the abyss, maybe they have to open a giant portal to a heavenly plane and sacrifice them both, like canceling each other out. Except they'd need multiple portals (hello giant pilons again) and maybe sacrifice a god on each plane at the same time.

DragonBaneDM
2010-11-24, 03:11 PM
Kills a willing NG or LG deity in the process?

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-24, 03:20 PM
Light From Dark
Transmutation
Spellcraft DC: 775,000
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: 1 Plane the Caster is currently on
Area: All Evil creatures within range
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No
To Develop:
Gold: 6,975,000,000
Time: 139,500 days
XP: 279,000,000
Seeds: Transform (21)
Factors: Uncommon use of Seed (ad hoc +20) 1-action casting time (+20), Change from 1 creature to all creatures on current Plane (ad hoc x500), Only affect Evil aligned creatures (ad hoc -30), No Save (ad hoc x10), No Spell Resistance (ad hoc x10), Must have the truely willing love and support of an ArchDevil/ArchDemon native to the affected Plane (ad hoc /2), Change Duration to Instantaneous (ad hoc +200)

This impossibly powerful spell sanctifies the entire plane upon which it is cast.
All Evil creatures are immediately and irrevocably converted to either the L/G, N/G or C/G alignment, depending on what the other part of their alignment was before, and the Plane's Native Outsiders recieve the Good alignment subtype.

This spell doesn't change the creature's type or species, though they do lose their previous Evil subtype and any abilities that require an Evil alignment (such as a Blasphemy SLA). It also doesn't give the caster or anyone else any special control over the creatures affected.

--------------------------------
Obviously those costs are dumb and will likely need reducing, and I used a lot of ad hoc stuff your DM may rule differently on.

TurtleKing
2010-11-24, 03:56 PM
I don't know you may not even need a spell to do it. A deity may be able to raise the layer of the Abyss to Celestia purifing the layer in the process. Here is my example. (actually did this with my deity)

One member of the pantheon had ended a long war on one of the layers by killing the demon Lord. He however did not have a way to get back so he became the next demon lord. My deity followed the leader of the pantheon since he is LG to confront the wayward deity. Once the fighting started my deity out right killed the wayward deity, and then raised the layer of the Abyss to Celestia sanctifing it in the process. Raising the layer of the Abyss ascended my deity from Hero Deity to Demigod divine rank 3. So a demigod now rules an ever expanding layer of Celestia as is own. That prinny is awesome for him being the anti-prinny.

Glimbur
2010-11-24, 03:57 PM
Amusingly, a permanent spell isn't. It will be suppressed in an AMF and can be dispelled/disjoined. Which makes for an interesting plot hook, but it's something to keep in mind.

BeholderSlayer
2010-11-24, 04:18 PM
Change duration: Permanent to Duration: Instantaneous....no more problems with AMF's.

Morithias
2010-11-24, 04:58 PM
Light From Dark
Transmutation
Spellcraft DC: 775,000
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: 1 Plane the Caster is currently on
Area: All Evil creatures within range
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No
To Develop:
Gold: 6,975,000,000
Time: 139,500 days
XP: 279,000,000
Seeds: Transform (21)
Factors: Uncommon use of Seed (ad hoc +20) 1-action casting time (+20), Change from 1 creature to all creatures on current Plane (ad hoc x500), Only affect Evil aligned creatures (ad hoc -30), No Save (ad hoc x10), No Spell Resistance (ad hoc x10), Must have the truely willing love and support of an ArchDevil/ArchDemon native to the affected Plane (ad hoc /2), Change Duration to Instantaneous (ad hoc +200)

This impossibly powerful spell sanctifies the entire plane upon which it is cast.
All Evil creatures are immediately and irrevocably converted to either the L/G, N/G or C/G alignment, depending on what the other part of their alignment was before, and the Plane's Native Outsiders recieve the Good alignment subtype.

This spell doesn't change the creature's type or species, though they do lose their previous Evil subtype and any abilities that require an Evil alignment (such as a Blasphemy SLA). It also doesn't give the caster or anyone else any special control over the creatures affected.

--------------------------------
Obviously those costs are dumb and will likely need reducing, and I used a lot of ad hoc stuff your DM may rule differently on.

YOU...ARE...MY....HERO.....

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH. I owe you BIG TIME. I am putting a tribute in my sig to thank you for this epic job (pun intended).

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-24, 05:02 PM
YOU...ARE...MY....HERO.....

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH. I owe you BIG TIME. I am putting a tribute in my sig to thank you for this epic job (pun intended).

Glad you liked it. Making Epic Spells is fun. Getting them to a workable DC is less fun, but actually making them is great.

Morithias
2010-11-24, 05:14 PM
Glad you liked it. Making Epic Spells is fun. Getting them to a workable DC is less fun, but actually making them is great.

I'll see what I can do lol

BeholderSlayer
2010-11-24, 06:24 PM
eh, just tack on a huge amount of casting time, maybe some other epic mages contributing to the casting....could get that spell down to an easy spellcraft DC. of course, you'll need to be protected...

A few years of casting, maybe 20 epic mages...hey no problem right? :smallamused:

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-24, 06:27 PM
eh, just tack on a huge amount of casting time, maybe some other epic mages contributing to the casting....could get that spell down to an easy spellcraft DC. of course, you'll need to be protected...

A few years of casting, maybe 20 epic mages...hey no problem right? :smallamused:

You have an ArchDevil/ArchDemon on your side. You should be fine in the protection department.

TBH getting 100,000 Leadership followers isn't hard by Level 27 (Legendary Commander), it's not hard at all.

fractal_uk
2010-11-24, 07:55 PM
Make considerable use of the Body Outside Body spell, it creates a duplicate of you with all your skill-ranks and feats but lacks any spellcasting ability - I believe it's a Wu Jen spell but you can probably access it by using Miracle. Anyway, due to its epic spellcasting feat and its ranks in various knowledges, it does have epic spell slots which you can use to mitigate the DC of your epic spells down.

If you can make your Body Outside Body's extended and persistant (maybe with the help of an incantatrix?) then you can start getting a large number of them going.

Lev
2010-11-24, 08:06 PM
If you are already playing at that level why not create your own plane where the rate of time is several thousand times slower and use a bunch of high level warforged casters to do it? Same relative duration, but you can make the casting time as long as you want since warforged never tire.