PDA

View Full Version : Options for turn undead

molten_dragon
2010-11-24, 12:29 PM
I've like the idea of paladins for a long time, but I don't like the baggage that comes with them. So for my next campaign, I'm playing a crusader/cleric/ruby knight vindicator, with the RKV reflavored for a different god. I'll only be taking 1 level of cleric to get into RKV, so actually turning undead isn't going to be much of an option. I realize that RKV itself gives you some options to use turn undead for, but I'd like some more options. Anyone got any good ideas on what I can use those for besides actually turning undead and the uses RKV gives you? I've considered divine metamagic, but I'm wanting to make more of a martial character than a spellcaster, so I don't know that I want to spend the feats for that.

Greenish
2010-11-24, 12:43 PM
Devotion feats are in Comp. Champion. Travel is great, Law is pretty nifty, Animal has all kinds of fancy stuff.

Comp. Warrior has Divine Vigor and Divine Might, which might be of interest. Divine Shield is pretty nice, especially if you have Shield Ward.

Comp. Divine has Divine Spellpower, to boost your caster level for example for buffs.

Libris Mortis has Divine Sacred Vitality, which gives handy immunities.

Morbis Meh
2010-11-24, 01:54 PM
If you have plenty of feats to burn through, I recommend Divine Meta Magic, how many turn attempts do you have? You need 7 in order to cast one spell on you for 24 hours, so if you take the domains Planning and Spell you get Extend spell as a bonus for planning. Spell domain has some nice spells to cast from it (you can persist wraithstrike that makes all of your melee attacks melee touch attack). So for feats you need: Extend Spell, Persist Spell, Divine Metamagic (Persist) and if you need more turn attempts extra turning.