PDA

View Full Version : Premier League

Devmaar
2010-11-24, 05:47 PM
I don't think I've seen any talk of (what I call) football on this forum since I joined. Surely I can't be the only one here who enjoys the beautiful game?

I'll start the discussion,
I'm a life-long Spurs fan. This has caused me much disappointment and frustration, not least when we missed out on the Champion's league entirely due to food poisoning.
Everything was made worse because I have a good friend who's a Chelsea fan. Obviously 2008 was a good year for me, but the start of the 08/09 season showed how weak Ramos really was.

The best thing about Ramos is that now we've got Harry Redknapp :smallbiggrin:. I think we've got a real opportunity to go far in Europe, on our day we can beat anyone. I definitely think there's a decent chance we'll qualify again. After all, once everyone's fit, we've got an attack consisting of Lennon, Modric, Bale, Van der Vaart, Crouch and Defoe. I don't think there's any defence in the league that can stand up to those six.

Really though, I reckon it's United or Chelsea for the title, with Arsenal, City and Spurs fighting for 3rd and 4th.

What do you think?

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-24, 06:38 PM
Liverpool fan here. Shockingly enough, this has not been the easiest year to be one :smallannoyed:

1. Chelski
2. They Who Shall Not Be Named, But Shall Be Reviled
3. Arsenal
4. Spurs
7-9. Liverpool

Actually went to a match for the first time in over a year last weekend. The West Ham fans seem fairly resigned to their fate; singing about themselves going down etc. :smalltongue:

comicshorse
2010-11-24, 06:53 PM
[QUOTE=Devmaar;9830180

I'm a life-long Spurs fan. [/QUOTE]

' We hate Totenham and we hate Totenham
We hate Totenham and we hate Totenham
We hate Totenham and we hate Totenham
We are the Totenham Hat-ers '

Just to make you feel at home :smallsmile:

( Derby supporter so sadly I have nothing to comment on the Premiership. At least until next season )

Devmaar
2010-11-24, 06:57 PM
I'd agree with that prediction.

The thing about Liverpool, at first I thought it was going to be like Spurs under Ramos, but they seemed to have picked themselves up quicker. There's a lot of good players at Anfield, but I don't know if Hodgson is going to be as good with Liverpool as he was at Fulham, they're very different clubs with very different expectations.

EDIT:
( Derby supporter so sadly I have nothing to comment on the Premiership. At least until next season )

I have a friend who supports Hull, he's convinced they'll make the playoffs and be back in the Premier League next season.

comicshorse
2010-11-24, 07:05 PM
Given Hull are only a few places short of the Relegation Zone I suspect this may be the triumph over hope over experience. Still it is relatively early days

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-25, 04:48 AM
...There's a lot of good players at Anfield, but I don't know if Hodgson is going to be as good with Liverpool as he was at Fulham, they're very different clubs with very different expectations.

Very true, we always sat back when we were winning, but that was when we were 2 goals up against a lesser team. No it's as soon as we have 1 goal against anyone. And we're rubbish at defending like that.

Unless he pulls some minor miracle he's gone in the summer. The new owners don't know enough about the PL to boot him at Christmas, and tbh from now until the end of the season our biggest priority is convincing Torres to stay.

Devmaar
2010-11-25, 01:31 PM
... our biggest priority is convincing Torres to stay.

I think that's Liverpool's problem. I don't think there's another team with quite so much dependence on 1 or 2. That's one thing Spurs have always done pretty well. At the moment, we could field field a full reserve team of Premier League quality players (except perhaps left back).

Om
2010-11-25, 02:18 PM
Bolton here. Best season since Big Sam left... we're going to win the league!

Well if Arsenal keep messing up anyway. Don't think any of the other top four have it in them to go top

Devmaar
2010-11-28, 10:35 AM
I'm a life-long Spurs fan.

Liverpool fan here.

I'm thinking 2-0 Spurs, maybe 3, depends if Defoe starts.

Liverpool might get a goal, but keeping a clean sheet against Werder Bremen is a good sign, if Dawson's back I reckon it's an easy clean sheet.

Snares
2010-11-28, 02:36 PM
Actually went to a match for the first time in over a year last weekend. The West Ham fans seem fairly resigned to their fate; singing about themselves going down etc. :smalltongue:

As a West Ham fan myself, I can tell you with some confidence that we are most definitely going down.