PDA

View Full Version : Happy Just A Thursday!

Evil DM Mark3
2010-11-25, 03:31 AM
So, I am not American. As such, today is Just A Thursday, during which I am off to the Job Centre and working towards getting my stuff packed for a move up to Huddersfield. How are other not Americans celebrating their Just A Thursday?

Gullara
2010-11-25, 03:36 AM
Me? I have classes to go to. Right after I sleep that is. Yay for staying up till 2:30.

Dr.Epic
2010-11-25, 03:36 AM
So, I am not American. As such, today is Just A Thursday, during which I am off to the Job Centre and working towards getting my stuff packed for a move up to Huddersfield. How are other not Americans celebrating their Just A Thursday?

Yeah, I noticed you weren't American. Location: Over there! Great country.

Lady Moreta
2010-11-25, 07:06 AM
Well, it's 8:05pm on Thursday for me... so I spent the day at work... will be there tomorrow as well.

Lillith
2010-11-25, 07:10 AM
Working on a rapport about two different female organizations demonstrating for political stuff during the sixties in this countries. Still 5 minutes break before I start writing out all my findings.

rakkoon
2010-11-25, 07:17 AM
ok so I'm guessing it's a holiday in America, Thanksgiving perhaps ...
*googles*
ayup.

It is anti spouse abuse day over here and I got a T-shirt, yay!

Tonal Architect
2010-11-25, 07:18 AM
I'm diligently getting myself intoxicate with rum, especially because my job does not required me to present myself over there in person (in fact, "over there" is in another continent), and since I've filed all I had to file today, I'm definetly getting the world to turn around me, today.

Too bad there ain't no sushi restaurant here.

Quincunx
2010-11-25, 07:44 AM
Not Really A Thanksgiving When You're Cooking For One has been postponed 'til tomorrow, when I actually will only be cooking for one, and not just making separate meals of 'delicious American food' and 'food for silly person who does not appreciate delicious American food'. That reschedules today to "Hand Sewing Until My Fingertips Feel Ready to Drop Off" day. P.S. The next time I pick up a hand-sewing needle, swear to the deities of blood and puncture, it will be for a fabric that's easy to pierce.

factotum
2010-11-25, 07:59 AM
I'm at work (but on lunch), wishing the afternoon would go a bit faster...

dish
2010-11-25, 09:19 AM
I bought pet food and had a mani/pedi. Not really the most exciting of days (but at least my nails look better now).

Dusk Eclipse
2010-11-25, 09:19 AM
In school, doing last minute touches to a presentation for my business studies class... my partner didn't even know we had to present today:smallsigh: This day is going to be great/sarcasm.

Mercenary Pen
2010-11-25, 09:46 AM
Trying to get back to the writing I'm supposed to be doing- especially since I used the last of my annual holiday to book today off from work.

Also trying hard not to imagine the annihilation of america by evil cyborg turkeys on a quest for revenge, that's not what I'm trying to write about.

Haruki-kun
2010-11-25, 10:32 AM
I used to get Thanksgiving off. Not anymore, though. Cuz High School and College are srs business.

Happy normal Thursday. ;_;

Mordokai
2010-11-25, 10:37 AM
I'm free of work for eight days.

I'm getting wasted.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-11-25, 10:37 AM
Huh. All the college students are home on Thanksgiving here.

In any case, in a few hours I will be stuffing my face with all sorts of delicious food, then working on schoolwork.

ForzaFiori
2010-11-25, 10:39 AM
I'm diligently getting myself intoxicate with rum, especially because my job does not required me to present myself over there in person (in fact, "over there" is in another continent), and since I've filed all I had to file today, I'm definetly getting the world to turn around me, today.

Too bad there ain't no sushi restaurant here.

Is your name Peggy?

If you haven't seen those commercials, you probably don't understand, so Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md43_fjlY-M) to my personal favorite.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-11-25, 10:41 AM

In any case, in a few hours I will be stuffing my face with all sorts of delicious food, then working on schoolwork.

;-; so jealous (of thee food and having days off, not school work, I have enough as it is.)

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-25, 10:45 AM
I'm procrastinating on my Victorians essay by watching the daily Virgin 1 Star Trek quadrilogy and cursing the snow falling outside.

Meg
2010-11-25, 10:46 AM
I'm American, but my extended family was in town last week, so we celebrated then. I think we're ordering pizza tonight, but right now, my family is gorging itself on bacon.

Haruki-kun
2010-11-25, 10:46 AM

I live in Mexico. Technically, I shouldn't have had Thanksgiving off in elementary and middle school, either. :smalltongue:

Ranger Mattos
2010-11-25, 10:55 AM

Me too, minus the schoolwork. :smallbiggrin: Pumpkin pie! W00t!

Flickerdart
2010-11-25, 10:59 AM
Getting ready to go to class. Got an email from one of my profs telling me that the project idea I sent him sucks and I should start over. Whee.

THAC0
2010-11-25, 10:59 AM
I'm in the USofA, but ended up getting up EARLIER today than I normally would have. :smallsigh:

The things I do for turkey.... But the darn thing is in the smoker now and in several hours it will totally be worth it.

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-11-25, 12:05 PM
I'm making an admirable attempt at researching various Ovid-related things, with just a little posting on GitP, before I head off to join the drama people (incidentally, the best people) for a splendidly dramatic evening.

CynicalAvocado
2010-11-25, 12:09 PM
I used to get Thanksgiving off. Not anymore, though. Cuz High School and College are srs business.

Happy normal Thursday. ;_;

my thanksgiving break? today and tomorrow
stupid tech school:smallannoyed:

Thufir
2010-11-25, 12:11 PM
I'm not doing much. I never could get the hang of Thursdays.

Gullara
2010-11-25, 12:57 PM

Consider yourself lucky. Here in Canada we only ever get Thanksgiving day off.

That was a while ago of course.

KuReshtin
2010-11-25, 01:11 PM
I'm watching Thanksgiving day football on tv.
Heading off to Morrisons to get some roast chicken to eat tonight.

CynicalAvocado
2010-11-25, 01:15 PM
Consider yourself lucky. Here in Canada we only ever get Thanksgiving day off.

That was a while ago of course.

true.... it really wasn't much of school this week, all we did was play rugby and watch movies

AtlanteanTroll
2010-11-25, 02:19 PM
That's standard. Don't know why you're complaining.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2010-11-25, 05:51 PM
I have to somehow cheer up my newly-american-expat friend, who's all used to Thanksgiving right now, and didn't do Canadian thanksgiving. She's not doing thanksgiving at all, cause he mum never did do American Thanksgiving, so... :smallfrown:

CynicalAvocado
2010-11-25, 06:09 PM
I have to somehow cheer up my newly-american-expat friend, who's all used to Thanksgiving right now, and didn't do Canadian thanksgiving. She's not doing thanksgiving at all, cause he mum never did do American Thanksgiving, so... :smallfrown:

make her a thanksgiving-esque meal :smallbiggrin:

turkey/cranberries/stuffing

WarKitty
2010-11-25, 06:11 PM
I will never understand people who consider holidays with their family to be a relaxing time...

CynicalAvocado
2010-11-25, 06:51 PM
it was pretty cool when i spent it with my extended family in denver....

Ranger Mattos
2010-11-25, 06:52 PM
That's standard. Don't know why you're complaining.

I got yesterday, today, and tomorrow off. [/gloat] :smalltongue:

Katana_Geldar
2010-11-25, 06:53 PM
I was working yesterday (Thursday), and am working now.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-25, 06:59 PM

I got the whole week off. Top that.

I will never understand people who consider holidays with their family to be a relaxing time...

Agreed. It can be fun, sometimes, but never relaxing. >.<

I'm not doing much. I never could get the hang of Thursdays.

GOOD SIR I C WUT U DID THAR.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2010-11-25, 07:02 PM
make her a thanksgiving-esque meal :smallbiggrin:

turkey/cranberries/stuffing

Too short notice, I'm afraid. The best I can do is go "Moving to a new country/city/school sucks" :smallfrown:

Edit: Also, completely passed over Thufir's post until now.
Well played, sir.

Ranger Mattos
2010-11-25, 07:14 PM

... :smallannoyed: You mock me. I know you mock me.

AtlanteanTroll
2010-11-26, 08:33 AM
I did too... Shhhh. But still, Thursday and Friday only is standard.

I know someone who got 10 days. Not counting the weekend that was on the 20th & 21st.

In other words, 12 days.

Elder Tsofu
2010-11-26, 08:43 AM
Nice to see people celebrating the fact that they got fewer school-hours, but still "pays" the same price as the others. Yeah, I had this strange logic when I was younger too.

AtlanteanTroll
2010-11-26, 08:45 AM
Nice to see people celebrating the fact that they got fewer school-hours, but still "pays" the same price as the others. Yeah, I had this strange logic when I was younger too.
Not everyone pays the same amount of cash to go to school.

Evil DM Mark3
2010-11-26, 10:30 AM
In a stroke of Black Irony Bernard Matthews, Europe's largest turkey farmer, died yesterday. He will be remembered for his vast empire, Turkey twizzlers and for pronouncing it "bootifull".