PDA

View Full Version : Wielding Two One-Handed Weapons in Each Hand

Dr.Epic
2010-11-25, 06:11 AM
So normal rules state that with two weapon fighting you can attack with one weapon in each but with a -2 penalty so long as the off-handed weapon is light. With a one-handed weapon in the off hand the penalty becomes -4. My question is are there any feats, racial traits, prestige classes, or anything else that would allow that would allow that penalty with a one-handed weapon in the off-hand to be reduced?

Psyx
2010-11-25, 06:13 AM
Oversized two weapon fighting reduces the penalty for wielding a weapon of your own size category down to the standard -2.

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-25, 06:16 AM
There's a feat called Twin Weapon Fughting that let's you treat a 1 handed weapon as if it were a light weapon. From Comp. Warrior I believe.

AslanCross
2010-11-25, 06:17 AM
The Dervish's slashing blades class feature allows it to consider scimitars as light weapons for all intents and purposes, including TWF penalties.

AstralFire
2010-11-25, 06:25 AM
There's a feat called Twin Weapon Fughting that let's you treat a 1 handed weapon as if it were a light weapon. From Comp. Warrior I believe.

Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting, Complete Adventurer. It's pretty trash.

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-25, 08:12 AM

Damn, Twin W-F is a homebrew one apparently :smallredface:

AstralFire
2010-11-25, 08:23 AM
Damn, Twin W-F is a homebrew one apparently :smallredface:

s'okay. I forgive Kobolactus.

WinceRind
2010-11-25, 08:28 AM

Actually that's a potential class feature for Exotic Weapon Master from Complete Warrior. The class isn't exactly hard to qualify for, and there are only 3 levels - and you might not even be interested in taking all 3 levels in many cases.

You choose your own exotic weapon tricks class feature each level, and twin weapon fighting is one of them. If you have 2 one exotic one handed swords and you take this weapon trick, it's going to make them both count as "light weapons" whenever you wield them both.

There might be a feat that allows you to do the same somewhere, but it's not in any of the "Complete..." books to my knowledge.

AstralFire
2010-11-25, 08:31 AM
Of course, it's a pretty terrible use of what is a good class.

Dr.Epic
2010-11-25, 01:14 PM

Thanks for listing the book, and thanks for everyone who helped.

I can't believe there are so many ways to do this in Complete Warrior. Out of all my D&D books (except PHB, DMG, and the MMs) Complete Warrior is probably the book I look through most, but I usually just read it to improve my barbarians so that's probably how I missed all these ways.

Tengu_temp
2010-11-25, 01:30 PM
I thought this thread will be about wielding two weapons in each hand. Four total. Is there a way to even do that?

AstralFire
2010-11-25, 01:30 PM
I thought this thread will be about wielding two weapons in each hand. Four total. Is there a way to even do that?

Sword...chucks...yo?

Eurus
2010-11-25, 01:41 PM
Hmm... I could see it being possible with double weapons. Dual-wielding double swords, somehow? Enchanting with Brilliant Energy for that awesome Sith Lord feel is, while not necessary, recommended. Bonus points if you're a construct so you don't have to worry about skewering yourself on the blades.

Quietus
2010-11-25, 01:52 PM
Sword...chucks...yo?

In trying to find the picture for that, I found this : http://www.nuklearforums.com/showthread.php?t=36835

If the thought of dual-wielding flaming sword-chucks seems either awesome or impossible (or both!), you need to check out that link.

grarrrg
2010-11-25, 07:21 PM
In trying to find the picture for that (picture) If the thought of dual-wielding flaming sword-chucks seems either awesome or impossible (or both!), you need to check out that link.

Bingo (http://www.nuklearpower.com/2004/10/23/episode-474-second-attack/)
Click to the next page for hot sword-chucking action!

Greenish
2010-11-25, 07:32 PM
Hmm... I could see it being possible with double weapons. Dual-wielding double swords, somehow?There's a one-handed double weapon in some book or other. Ghost Spike, I think the name was.