PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Nexus Health Club

happyturtle
2010-11-25, 02:29 PM
Somewhere convenient to all threads, but contained in none of them is a state of the art fitness facility. Membership is automatically open to everyone, but if you break the IC rules you will be banned from the premises.

OOC rules:

No curtains. No nudity. No group locker rooms. Yes, this is unrealistic for a health club. I don't care. I don't want to see people getting infractions here.
Similarly, in keeping with forum rules, please do not have your character mentioning or using steroids or other performance enhancing drugs.
OOC request: I'd like this to be a neutral place for roleplay, not a battlefield. Please do not start fights here, or attempt to destroy the premises. If for good roleplay reasons you can't avoid starting a fight, please allow the bouncers to throw you out.
No godmodding.

IC rules:

No curtains.
No nudity. Not even in the saunas.
No fighting except in pre-arranged sparring matches.
One person per dressing room. If you are a hive mind, conjoined twin, or symbiotic entity that requires an exception, please see the management.
Towel off all equipment after use.
While we do have exercise equipment available for beings of all power ratings, the NHC assumes no liability for injuries received when using super-human settings.

Facilities:
Raquetball courts
Tennis courts
Swimming pool
Sauna
Steamroom
Gymnasium
Running track
Sparring centers
Free weights
Weight machines
Rowing / Elliptical / Stair machines
Fitness classes

Smoothie bar
First Aid Station
Shop

*additional fitness oriented type stuff may be added if you think of it, except for locker rooms.

Employees:

Personal Trainers:
Stryke Tog (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9835628&postcount=8) - strength and endurance (played by ApeOfLight)
Spiidi Tog (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9835628&postcount=8) - speed and dexterity (played by ApeOfLight)

Special note about changing rooms: The Nexus Health Club has individual changing rooms for each member, with a shower stall and locker in each. Only one person may enter a stall. THERE ARE NO LOCKER ROOMS.

McBish
2010-11-25, 03:31 PM
A green ooze with eyes slides his way into the health club. He reads the rules and goes over to pick up a towel and heads to some weight lifting equipment wiping down the bench before getting on it and stating to lift some heavy weights with arms that form out of his mass.

happyturtle
2010-11-25, 03:32 PM
A sign is put up in the window:

Now hiring:

Personal trainers
Apply within

Haruki-kun
2010-11-25, 03:44 PM
Anyu walks in carrying a towel and a bottle of water. Instead of her usual leather clothes, she's wearing a tank top and shorts, and her hair is tied back in a ponytail. She seems less suggestive when not wearing black leather, but still looks cute.

First thing she does, of course, is start stretching on a mat. Actually, no,no mat. Why would she use a mat? Mats are for lying down or sitting down, not for stretching on them.

Then she sits and starts doing sitting stretching exercises. NOW she uses a mat.

ApeofLight
2010-11-25, 04:10 PM
Two men walk by and see the sign hanging up in the fitness club. " Oh, look brother, this is perfect place for us, no? " The one says to the other.

The two men walk in and up to the front desk. " Hallo, me und my brother here would like to join for this job. We have much experience in the training und would like to teach the lesser experience. " The one says with a thick heavy accent, sounds almost like German.

happyturtle
2010-11-25, 04:10 PM
Charity wanders in, but doesn't make it past the smoothie bar. After all, it has a nice view of the weight room. After grumbling a little at the lack of alcoholic smoothies, she orders a Super Vitality Shake.

What, you thought she was going to work out? Sh'yeah, right. :smalltongue:

-----------------

"Certainly, Sirs. Please just give me your names and whatever information you'd like me to put in the OP." the manager says. "Don't mind the fourth wall. It'll be repaired as soon as this conversation is over."

McBish
2010-11-25, 04:14 PM
Korbo the green ooze continues to lift weights, lots of weights that are very heavy. Probably around 500 lbs. One of his eyes sort of floats around his body looking around as he works out.

ApeofLight
2010-11-25, 04:24 PM
" Well, I am Stryke Tog und my brother is Spiidi Tog. Und together ve are the Tog Brothers! " The larger of the two brothers says and both strike a pose.

It should be noted they don't look anything alike. One is a giant of a man, with huge bulging muscles and his hair shaved down to barely even existing. The other is a twig compared to his brother. He's short, slim and slender, and his hair is spiked back making it look like he was in a wind tunnel or something.

" Seeing as I am the Stryke Tog I can be doing the strength und endurance trainings und my brother Spiidi well be d- " Stryke is cut of by his brother at this point. " Speedspeed Agility speed dexeterity theimportantstuff sorrytalktofast I'lltrytoslowdownsoyoucancatchup "

happyturtle
2010-11-25, 04:31 PM
"Very well. I've added you to the OP, and your salary will be over 9000 in imaginary Nexus currency. You're hired." the manager says.

Charity waves at Korbo as he works out. She's never met an ooze before.

McBish
2010-11-25, 04:34 PM
Korbo waves back as he sets down the weights getting off the bench. He uses his towel to wipe down the bench not that he really needed to, he doesn't sweat.

Ho oozes his way over towards Charity. Hey there.

happyturtle
2010-11-25, 04:36 PM
"Hi, I'm Charity. What species are you?" she asks. Charity herself is human female, and a bit pudgy. Probably could do with actually using the gym for its intended purpose instead of just ogling boys. :smalltongue:

ApeofLight
2010-11-25, 04:38 PM
" Do you hear brother! Now ve can afford to get large apartment with two rooms of sleeping. Let us get to the working brother, ve can not be slacking off. " The large muscle man says before walking off.

Spiidi looks around bouncing on the balls of his feet looking for customers. Once he spots one he hurries over at a fast walk that almost seems like a jog.

((Happy, the o in my name is not supposed to be capitalized:smallwink:))

McBish
2010-11-25, 04:43 PM
Um, not really sure actually. I guess I'm some sort of ooze. I have a bit of problem with my memory after a certain point. And I go by the name Korbo, or just Bo if you want.

Korbo is a large green ooze with two eyeballs that seem to move around his body. His normal body shape is a lump, about 3 feet high.

happyturtle
2010-11-25, 05:06 PM
"Nice to meet you, Korbo." Charity says. "You been in the Nexus long?"

McBish
2010-11-25, 05:10 PM
Oh a couple of months. I was working out building a air ship for awhile. But I was mostly just doing stuff off screen, so I came into Town for a bit, looking for stuff to do.

happyturtle
2010-11-25, 05:14 PM
"Do you like it? It's pretty violent, you know." Charity says.

ApeofLight
2010-11-25, 05:16 PM
Looking around Stryke sees the green ooze and the woman.

Having found some people(things) to train Spiidi goes over to Charity and Korbo.

McBish
2010-11-25, 05:18 PM
I've actually had very little in the way of violence since I got here. Sort of boring actually. Besides not many things can actually figure out how to hurt me, so violence doesn't really worry me.

happyturtle
2010-11-25, 05:20 PM
"Then you're very fortunate," Charity says, with a bit of a shadow in her expression. Then Spiidi walks up and she forces a smile. "Hi, I'm Charity, and this is Korbo."

ApeofLight
2010-11-25, 05:31 PM
" Heyprettylady name'sspiidi youheretojustsitaround orareyouheretotrain I'mthespeedtrainersohowaboutit? howaboutwegetyouworkingout? " Spiidi says to Charity.

The large muscular man goes over to Korbo. " Hallo there oozey man. I am Stryke und I am the strength training one here. Here to help you get strong and to get past the burn I am. So how about it oozey? Do you want Stryke help you get pinnacle of strength? "

happyturtle
2010-11-25, 05:32 PM
"The name is Charity, not pretty lady," Charity says coolly.

ApeofLight
2010-11-25, 05:55 PM
Spiidi shrugs. " Sorryprettylady ImeanCharityCharity We'llstarteasyalrightalright? Warmupwithajogaroundthetrack " He says and starts making a lot of hand motions of getting up and going.

happyturtle
2010-11-25, 06:01 PM
"Oh I didn't bring workout clothes," Charity says. "Just wanted to get a look at the place today."

ApeofLight
2010-11-25, 06:04 PM
Spiidi rolls his eyes and head. " Yeahgoodexcusesthere nexttimeyoucomedon'tforgetthem otherwiseyoumighthavetobuythemfromtheworkoutshop "

McBish
2010-11-25, 09:04 PM
Korbo looks at the strong German.

Oozey? Meh I've heard worse. Alright then how would you suggest I get stronger?

ApeofLight
2010-11-25, 10:15 PM
Stryke strikes a manly pose.

" Ve have to pump you up! That is how ve are going to make you strong. " The muscle man says and then starts to head to the weight lifting machines.

McBish
2010-11-25, 10:16 PM
Korbo slimes his way over to the machine.

Right then, how much weight can this thing hold?

ApeofLight
2010-11-25, 10:21 PM
Stryke scratches his head. " Hmmm, it seems dis machine goes up to the tons. Is that metric tons or the other tons? That is not the point though. How much can you lift oozey man? "

McBish
2010-11-25, 10:23 PM
Well... I think I can lift one, maybe two. I guess we'll find out.

He takes his towel wiping down any surfaces before going onto the machine.

ApeofLight
2010-11-25, 10:29 PM
" Alvight, let us see. " Stryke pushes some buttons and a plate is lowered down onto the seat. When Korbo tries to push on it, it will push back with a half a ton. " So how is it? "

McBish
2010-11-25, 10:32 PM
Bo takes a bit of work but lifts it up.

That is a bit heavier then I expected, but is OK.

ApeofLight
2010-11-25, 10:54 PM
Stryke nods. " Hmm, alvight. Let us do tree reps of ten of dis and then we shall max you out, M'kay? "

McBish
2010-11-25, 10:56 PM
Sounds good.

Korbo starts the ten reps making pretty good time at the end of it.

ApeofLight
2010-11-25, 11:00 PM
" Okay, let us see if you can do the weight twice as much. " The muscle man says and pushes some buttons doubling the weight to a ton.

McBish
2010-11-25, 11:03 PM
Korbo jiggles with effort but lifts up the weight.

Yeah I think 2 tons might be a bit too much.

ApeofLight
2010-11-25, 11:05 PM
Stryke nods and pushes some buttons and the plate is lifted up and away to be used later. " Alright then, now that I be knowing your limit I have the important questions for you. The first, what is your name oozey man? Und the second, how does the oozey man be the moving? " The muscle head says giving the ooze a simple poke.

McBish
2010-11-25, 11:11 PM
I am called Korbo. I move by... well I move by pulling myself along. Part of me stays on the ground, the other part moves forward, then I repeat the process.

Korbo shrugs he hasn't thought too much about it.

ApeofLight
2010-11-25, 11:14 PM
Stryke scratches his head as he things. " So, if you where not being the touching of things then Korbo could not be the moving, yes? "

McBish
2010-11-25, 11:18 PM
Um, I guess. I mean, I guess if I was floating somewhere...

Korbo seems confused by Stryke's question.

ApeofLight
2010-11-25, 11:20 PM
" So if I where to be picking you up could you do the escape somehow? " The muscular man asks Korbo next seeming to accept that last answer as good enough.

McBish
2010-11-25, 11:24 PM
Well yeah probably, I mean I can change my shape up pretty easily. Also I could punch you in the face.

Korbo thinks this is a silly question.

ApeofLight
2010-11-25, 11:36 PM
" So you can be having the human shape if you wanted? Hmm, if you be getting stronger like the normal human does then Stryke will be able to help you get pumped and tough. Ya because I am Stryke und I know about the strength stuff ya. " The muscle man says with a nod. So, it seems like Stryke will help train Korbo when there both around and he needs help.

McBish
2010-11-25, 11:38 PM
Well I might be able to be more human shaped, though I don't know why I would want to. And I am fairly sure I can get stronger, I mean I know I can get bigger if I want. But yeah might as well give it a shot.

ApeofLight
2010-11-25, 11:42 PM
" Alvight, then Korbo should be doing the several different machines. I suggest to do at least three sets of the ten per machine. Now I should be going to check to see if there are being the other people needing the help with strength und endurance. " He says in that Germanic accent of his before nodding and walking off for now.

McBish
2010-11-25, 11:46 PM
And Korbo sets off to continue his work out.

Recaiden
2010-11-25, 11:54 PM
Lily comes in and wanders through the facility, looking at it curiously.
He winds up jogging along a middle lane of the running track, dressed in running shorts and a loose short-sleeved shirt. Hair is back to being a conspicuous shade of dark green.

Project_Mayhem
2010-11-26, 08:37 AM
A troll attempts to nonchalantly walk past the front desk. He looks suspiciously like Gunther wearing a fake moustache.

But he can't be Gunther, because Gunther's banned for breaking stuff ...

happyturtle
2010-11-26, 08:47 AM
The manager gives moustached Gunther a look. "No breaking stuff. Or I'll throw you out just as I did your bare faced brother."

Project_Mayhem
2010-11-26, 08:53 AM
gunther? whos gunt ... i mean i dont have a ... i mean ... yeah ok

VampireRot
2010-11-26, 09:00 AM
Bouncing into the health club, wearing her typical short-shorts, tank-top, and sunglasses, is Devi.

The girl gives everyone she passes a smile and a nod as she makes her way to the sauna. No time to talk, training.

Devi steps into the sauna without bothering with any towels or change of clothes, keeping the shorts and shirt on. She sits down and adopts a meditative pose. She goes trance-like as she practices her magic, slowly breathing iiiiin, then oooouut and effecting the temperature accordingly. The sauna gets cold as she breaths in, and hot when she breathes out. The range of temperature grows the longer she stays in.

Haruki-kun
2010-11-26, 11:49 AM
Anyu approaches the musclehead trainer. "Hi! Wow, you are one big man! Would you by any chance be able to help me out?"

ApeofLight
2010-11-26, 11:55 AM
Stryke turns and nods to Anyu. " Yay, I am Stryke. I am being the strength und endurance trainer. My brother Spiidi is being the speed and dexterity trainer. So yay, I can be helping you out. But first what is being your name und what you want to be training in little person? " The muscle man says looking down on Anyu.

Haruki-kun
2010-11-26, 12:05 PM
Anyu giggles a bit. Hawt guy, right? "Well, I would like to train, certainly," says Anyu. "I believe I require a very girly training routine. I don't think I should lift weights, though, I don't want to end up looking like a female Schwarzenegger."

Anyone who know anything about working out should be face-palming right about now.

ApeofLight
2010-11-26, 12:17 PM
Could be considered Hawt. Though he is like six feet four inches tall, extremely muscular but not OMG MUSCLES sort of muscular, he also has only a thin layer of fuzz for hair.

Then with the comment Anyu makes Stryke bursts out laughing. " Bwhahahaha! The small woman is being the silly. Lifting the weights will not make you look like Schwarzy unless you be doing the years of training to look like it. If you stick with the smaller weights und not be doing too much of the lifting then you will not be getting the large muscles. " The strength trainer explains. " I ask again what the name of the woman is. "

Haruki-kun
2010-11-27, 11:43 AM
For Anyu, he's hawt. "Name's Anyu," she says, getting a bit closer. "So, Stryke, wanna help me out?"

ApeofLight
2010-11-27, 11:52 AM
Stryke nods. " Yay, that is what Stryke is here to do. Does Anyu wanting to be working on the strength or the endurance? Und out of those two what kind of strength or endurance training? " He asks in his heavy accent not really caring or noticing her getting closer.

Haruki-kun
2010-11-27, 11:57 AM
Oh, great, that's why she hates NPC's. They never seem to notice advancements.

"Strength. No, wait... Endurance. Yeah, that," she says. She seems to be undecisive, but in the end, why would a witch train strength?

ApeofLight
2010-11-27, 12:03 PM
" Alvight then. " Says Stryke who isn't an NPC... or at least not really. " Do you want to be doing the muscular endurance or the cardio endurance? It is being important to choose which one you are wanting. "

Haruki-kun
2010-11-27, 12:17 PM
"What if I am wanting both?" she asks. So many questions!

ApeofLight
2010-11-27, 12:31 PM
" Then that will be taking much time. We shall start with the cardio endurance than. " He says and nods. " Should start with long run at good pace around track. " The muscle man says with a nod and leads the way to the track.

Haruki-kun
2010-11-27, 12:35 PM
Whoa, they have a track. Why can't one of these places exist in real life?

"Alright! Stretchy time!"

And she starts stretching. Around now, a bunch of NPC's will stop whatever they're doing and stare. Probably a couple of PC's, too, if any are available.

ApeofLight
2010-11-27, 12:40 PM
Stryke turns around and looks at Anyu. " What are you be doing Anyu? The stretching is supposed to be coming after the workout. That way you be getting better at the stretching and the muscles not be hurting the day after. "

Haruki-kun
2010-11-27, 12:56 PM
Lolwut? You stretch before AND after.

"Oh, but I like stretchy time!" she stretches and an NPC somewhere has a heart attack.

ApeofLight
2010-11-27, 01:00 PM
<<

" Alvight, as long as you be having at least a bit of varm up. " Stryke says and decides to help Anyu stretch properly... as in tells her which stretches to do and how to do them!

Haruki-kun
2010-11-27, 03:38 PM
"Oh, OK... this way? Yeah. That way? OK, here we go.... Huh? Oh, I see what you mean. Great."

All in all, it ended being quite a normal and innocent stretching session. "Alright, so what now?"

ApeofLight
2010-11-27, 03:47 PM
" Now we shall be working on the cardio endurance, alvight? We shall start with a good jogging pace and then a faster pace and we will do that for about thirty to fourty minutes. " Stryke says nodding.

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-27, 04:00 PM
Chezchire, in catman mobster form, walks into the Health Club, looking around for someone to talk to.

happyturtle
2010-11-28, 06:18 AM
Charity buys a swim suit from the shop and goes to soak in the whirlpool.

Hey, it's like working out, right?

ApeofLight
2010-11-29, 09:46 PM
"Oh, OK... this way? Yeah. That way? OK, here we go.... Huh? Oh, I see what you mean. Great."

All in all, it ended being quite a normal and innocent stretching session. "Alright, so what now?"

" Now we shall be working on the cardio endurance, alvight? We shall start with a good jogging pace and then a faster pace and we will do that for about thirty to fourty minutes. " Stryke says nodding.

*cough*hrm*cough*

Haruki-kun
2010-11-29, 10:34 PM
"Yeah, yeah, I heard you the first time," she says. She was just a bit busy ogling him, that's all.

Anyway, she starts running.

ApeofLight
2010-11-29, 10:41 PM
Stryke starts to run with her and then slows down. " You should not wanting to be running so fast. More of a jog really. Think of it as a marathon, you do not want to tire out to early. " He tells Anyu.

MPG
2010-11-30, 03:04 PM
The door swings open once more. The person entering is a small man with a huge smile.

Kordson looks around at the interior of the health club and give a little 'I'm impressed' whistle. This place definatly looked smaller on the outside. It had been quite a long time since he'd been in a real gym. The only problem was this place looked expenceive and quite frankly Kordson is broke.

Kordson heads over to the main counter, looking up to see if some one was there.
"Excuse me, how much does a membership cost. And don't say an arm and a leg. I don't know about the rest of your customers, but mine don't grow back."

happyturtle
2010-11-30, 04:38 PM
The manager smiles. "The first month is free, so you can try it out. Please, come in." It's Nexonomics! Don't try to make sense of it.

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-30, 04:41 PM
It's also Nexus 'O Clock, so good luck proving when said first month is up. :smalltongue:

MPG
2010-11-30, 05:12 PM
That pretty much what I thought but I wanted to use the arm and a leg joke:smallamused:.

Kordson nods and tips an imaginary hat, "Well, thank ya kindly." He then obtains a key to his individual changing room. He removes item from his bag main bag and places them in a small draw-string canvis sack, locking up the rest.
Kordson exits the changeroom wearing darkgrey sweatpants and a light grey top. Contrary to his usual drab appearence he has on a pair of bright red and yellow gloves cut off at the finger-tips.
Finding a speedbag Kordson raises an eyebrow. The small punchingbag was only a few feet out of reach. With a sigh he wanders about in search for equipment that was more suted to the vertically challenged. Well that and wandering gave him a chance to check out all the cuties in the high-cut-shorts:smallwink:.

The Bushranger
2010-12-01, 06:07 PM
And now at the door...enter, presumably, Crissy and Dorotha.

Morty
2010-12-01, 06:12 PM
Dorotha does enter through the door with Crissy, but deadtimes as soon as she's inside.

The Bushranger
2010-12-03, 04:46 PM
And then undeadtimes? :smalltongue:

Crissy looking around rather awe-fully.
"Wow. It looks like they have everything here!"

Morty
2010-12-03, 04:50 PM
They do. Where do you think we should head first?

The Bushranger
2010-12-03, 05:09 PM
"Um, I dunno...maybe, like, the running track might totally be a good place to start," Crissy muses.

Morty
2010-12-03, 05:11 PM
Right. Let's go there... I hope they have some sportswear to borrow here. Dorotha sounds rather nervous. She didn't add that she hopes it won't be too revealing.

happyturtle
2010-12-03, 05:16 PM
There's none to borrow, but plenty to buy at the shop. At highly inflated prices. :smallamused:

Morty
2010-12-03, 05:22 PM
Dorotha will buy some sportswear, then. It's pricey, but she's been saving up. She picks the most covering set available.

The Bushranger
2010-12-03, 05:23 PM
Crissy, as it happens, has a sweatshirt and sweatpants tucked in her handbag.

(It also contains a brick, for the record.)

"You didn't bring yours? Oh, dear," Crissy muses, as she studies the prices advertised by the shop with an expression that's a comination of ":smalleek:" and "boy they have good business sense".

Morty
2010-12-03, 05:28 PM
I admit, I've never thought of buying sportswear before.
http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1012/d03/1626/e7dc894.png

ApeofLight
2010-12-03, 05:35 PM
Dorotha and Crissy might soon find Spiidi near them bouncing from foot to foot. He's short, slender, slim, and his hair is spiked back as if he where in a wind tunnel.

" Hey hey prettyladies doyouguysneedhelpwithtraining? I'mSpiidithespeedanddexteritytrainerhere. " He asks and introduces himself talking quickly.

The Bushranger
2010-12-03, 05:37 PM
"Aw, well, see, you need to get out more like this so you can - eep!"
Crissy is cut off as TiggerSpiidi appears!
"Um, like, sure?" the blondebrunette Valley Girl half-elf says. "I think we were, like, going to totally be trying out the running track or something."

((Tektek of workout!Crissy to be fixed up later))

Morty
2010-12-03, 05:41 PM
Yes, we were. We'll be grateful for any assistance.

ApeofLight
2010-12-03, 05:44 PM
Spiidi nods. " Alrightalrightsoundsgood we'llstartoff slowly and thenworkourwayuptofaster. Followmetothetrackandtrytokeepupalright. " The short fast talking man says before leading the way to said track at a fast walk.

The Bushranger
2010-12-03, 05:58 PM
"Umm...shouldn't I go get, like, changed first?" Crissy protests.

ApeofLight
2010-12-03, 06:02 PM
Spiidi stops and turns around. " Yeahthatwouldbegood buthurryupdon'thaveallday. " He says.

Once they get back all changed and what not Spiidi will run with the. Like he said they start off slow but progressively get faster and faster. They should be pretty worn out by the time there done.

((I'm going to deadtime here))

The Bushranger
2010-12-03, 06:07 PM
And Crissy does get changed. And then starts to run!

Morty
2010-12-03, 06:10 PM
Dorotha also runs, starting at the slowest setting. It's obvious she's not in a very good shape.

The Bushranger
2010-12-04, 05:01 PM
Crissy looks to be in rather better shape - she is a Valley Girl and thus a health nut, after all - although she does look a bit rusty.

Morty
2010-12-04, 05:02 PM
When they finally stop to catch a breath, Dorotha is panting. *wheeze* It's harder than I *wheeze* thought.

The Bushranger
2010-12-04, 05:25 PM
"You OK?" Crissy asks, looking concerned for her friend as she grabs a bottle of Nexusade.

Morty
2010-12-04, 05:39 PM
Yes, yes... I'm just not used to this sort of thing, that's all. And to wearing something that doesn't cover her ankles, but that's another thing.

The Bushranger
2010-12-04, 05:49 PM
...it's a good thing Dorotha fell in with Crissy and not Dani.
>>
<<
Just sayin'.

"Well, OK. Maybe we should do something that's a bit less strenuous then?" Crissy asks.

Morty
2010-12-04, 05:54 PM
True.
Good idea. Hmm. She looks at the list of facilities. Tennis sounds fun and not too tiring.

The Bushranger
2010-12-04, 05:55 PM
Crissy smiles broadly at that. "Wow, it's like so totally been awhile since I played tennis. Let's go check it out!"

Morty
2010-12-04, 05:58 PM
Dorotha smiles as she follows. Since I've never played tennis, you're still way ahead of me.

The Bushranger
2010-12-04, 06:13 PM
Crissy giggles, and retrieves the tennis rackets and balls, giving Dorotha a crash course in the game.

(Which her player has never played, so, handwavium time?)

Morty
2010-12-04, 06:13 PM
Handwavium time indeed, since Dorotha's player has to head off.

The Bushranger
2010-12-06, 04:39 PM
Handwavium occures. and Dorotha and Crissy have...a game of tennis!

Crissy isn't half bad at it, surprisingly.

Morty
2010-12-06, 04:58 PM
When they take a break from the game, Dorotha wipes the sweat from her brow. It's fun. A shame they don't know it back home. Do you want to keep playing or try something else? I suppose we might check out all the facilities and decide which ones we like most?

The Bushranger
2010-12-06, 05:04 PM
"Well, I was thinking the sauna might be good, but maybe we'll save that for next time." Since no doubt Dorotha would go catatonic at the thought of sitting there wrapped in a towel. "So, it's cool, see anything you want to try out?"

Morty
2010-12-06, 05:08 PM
Yes, she probably wouldn't handle it very well. :smalltongue: Let's see what we have here... there's the gymnasium and the swimming pool... I've never actually been swimming before. Is it fun?

The Bushranger
2010-12-06, 05:09 PM
A swimsuit would be better? :smalltongue:
"Yeah, it so totally is." Crissy smiles. "It's great exercise, too. I, like, wouldn't mind taking a good swim at all."

Morty
2010-12-06, 05:18 PM
She's trying to broaden her horizons.
I too would be interested in swimming, but... well... it's the idea of wearing a swimsuit that puts me off. She blurts out, blushing.

The Bushranger
2010-12-06, 05:22 PM
Heh.
"Aw...really?"
Crissy, thankfully, isn't so airheaded as to have to ask 'how come', and puts a hand on Dorotha's shoulder.
"You know they make ones that, like, cover everything, right?"

Morty
2010-12-06, 05:24 PM
They do? I suppose I can give it a try, then. Dorotha smiles slightly.

The Bushranger
2010-12-06, 05:43 PM
Crissy smiles happily, and leads the way to the changing rooms. After arranging to get swimsuits for both of them, of course.

Or for Dorotha, at least. Seems Crissy brought her own in her Handbag With Brick Inside™.

Morty
2010-12-06, 05:58 PM
Dorotha selects a very covering one-piece swimsuit for herself((tektek forthcoming)) and changes into it. She seems rather awkward, but is doing her best to fight it.

The Bushranger
2010-12-06, 06:02 PM
Crissy, meanwhile, emerges in her swimsuit:

http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/0910/d15/1035/ad70759.png
...except brunette, of course...

And gives Dorotha a broad smile as she emerges. "Hey. You look, like, totally good."

Morty
2010-12-06, 06:07 PM
http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1012/d06/1704/f467467.png
((Sadly, I don't think there's any way to make her normal hairstyle black-and-white.))
Thanks. That's... well, that's the most revealing item of clothing I've ever worn. She smiles.

The Bushranger
2010-12-06, 06:14 PM
"Really? Wow. I can totally understand it though." Crissy tries to give her friend a quick hug. "Don't worry, I'm like totally here if you need any support, alright? Let's go swim!"

Morty
2010-12-06, 06:16 PM
Dorotha nods and follows Crissy to the swimming pool... where she deadtimes.

VampireRot
2010-12-06, 07:23 PM
Zanny and Darcy show up at the Health Club! Huzzah! The dragon flashes a dazzling smile at the receptionist.

And by dazzling, I mean dazzling. It's a bit of bardic magic, to make negotiations go smoothly. Though the free membership for a "month" really make negotiations unnecessary. After the poor NPC explains everything to them, the smile is then turned on Darcy. Without the magic of course.

"Let's change and get in the pool quick, then."

Unless something dramatic and/or unexpected happens, he'll come out wearing his bathing suit. Which I think was a speedo. :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2010-12-06, 07:29 PM
Since tektek has been flagged by google as a suspicious site, no image is forthcoming, but Darcy emerges in a red and white striped bikini.

"Last one in has to pay for smoothies!" she says, and runs to dive into the pool.

Ignoring the 'No Running' safety signs. Bad Darcy.

@Tektek:
What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 756 pages that we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 45 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time that Google visited this site was on 2010-12-06, and the last time that suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-12-06.

Malicious software includes 41 exploit(s), 39 trojan(s), 38 scripting exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 12 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain(s), including iypyeeeiew.co.cc/, trtf.co.cc/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS32748 (STEADFAST).

:eek:

VampireRot
2010-12-06, 07:35 PM
((:smalleek: Oh my.))

"But yo- gah!"

Zanny runs after Darcy. 'No Running' signs? Well, those are only there for the safety of small children and regular people. Dragons don't have to follow signs. They're dragons, after all. :smallconfused:

The bard fails to catch up to Darcy after her head start, so will have to buy the smoothies. :smalltongue:

He also dives into the pool. What is this 'safety' you speak of? :smallconfused:

"Heh." :smallbiggrin:

happyturtle
2010-12-06, 07:48 PM
Darcy is a strong swimmer. She also cheats by expanding her lung capacity.

Darcy's player loathes the activity and thinks large bodies of water are to be enjoyed while floating comfortably on a raft. :smalltongue:

VampireRot
2010-12-06, 07:54 PM
Zanny is also a strong swimmer. He's cheating just as much, as he literally has the lungs and muscles of a dragon. :smalltongue:

The bard practices strokes, sees how long he can hold his breath, and splashes Darcy. You know, generic fun swimmy things. :smallconfused:

Swimming is fun. >.> But rafts are too.

The Bushranger
2010-12-07, 02:52 PM
Dorotha nods and follows Crissy to the swimming pool... where she deadtimes.

Hopefully Zanny and Darcy don't scandalise poor Dorotha too much, as she and Crissy finally get to slip into the pool.

((Only about ~10 minutes online for now...and the server's having issues, grr))

Morty
2010-12-07, 02:56 PM
Well, Dorotha is splashing idly in the shallow part of the pool, not really used to this kind of thing. She indeed tries to avoid looking in Zanny and Darcy's direction.

The Bushranger
2010-12-07, 02:59 PM
Crissy debates getting betwen Dorotha and the others to block the view, or not, so as not to force Dorotha to look that way. She chooses not. And decides to sit on the little ledge that's in the shallow end of the pool for sitting.

...of course, there's a little ledge in the shallow end of the pool for sitting. I just said there was, didn't I?

"So, like, how's it feel?" she asks Dorotha.

Morty
2010-12-07, 03:06 PM
Strange. But I could get used to it. She tries to float a little. It's very relaxing.

The Bushranger
2010-12-07, 10:32 PM
Crissy nods eagerly. "Yeah, it really is. It's good for your muscles, too," she points out, relaxing as well, leaning back with her legs crossed. "It's both fun and it's good for you, what's totally not to like about it?"

Morty
2010-12-08, 05:05 PM
Well... maybe the swimsuits. She smiles a little. Just joking. I think I can really grow to like it. So... how's it been lately? We've been busy and we haven't had the chance to talk...

The Bushranger
2010-12-08, 05:27 PM
Crissy giggles. "I guess those would take some getting used to. You look good, though. And yeah, I guess we totally haven't." She sighs. "Things are good, it's just I don't see Connor very much lately, just once, and Kevin hasn't been around in awhile, I'm kinda like getting worried about him."

Morty
2010-12-08, 05:28 PM
Dorotha can't help but smile at the compliment, but her eyebrows wrinkle at the mention of Kevin's absence. Oh? He hasn't sent you a message or anything?

The Bushranger
2010-12-08, 05:34 PM
Crissy shakes her head. "No. I guess maybe he had to, like, go back to his home country or something, there's been a lot going on there..."

Morty
2010-12-08, 05:37 PM
Yes, I think he mentioned something like this... I hope everything's okay. I like him. She also thinks he's a better match for Crissy than Connor, but she swore not to meddle in that.

The Bushranger
2010-12-08, 05:53 PM
Crissy giggles. "Oh? You do?" she asks. "He is really nice..."

Morty
2010-12-08, 05:58 PM
He is. Smart, too. I was looking forward to talking to him about the enchanted jewelry he makes. He calls it druidism, but it sounds similar to some alchemy I know.

The Bushranger
2010-12-08, 06:05 PM
Crissy smiles, and rubs the amulet she's wearing absently.
"Whatever it is, it's pretty awesome."
She's clearly only half-listening to Dorotha. :smalltongue:

Morty
2010-12-08, 06:11 PM
Dorotha figures as much. Most of the time, she remembers to speak in terms that won't confuse Crissy, but not always. Opposites attract, indeed.
It is. I wonder how Mrs. Erin is doing, too. She hasn't been in the store in a while...

The Bushranger
2010-12-08, 06:23 PM
Well, it's not confusion, actually. More Crissy is thinking about Kevin right now...
"Oh! Sorry, I totally forgot to tell you." Crissy giggles. I called her before we left, she said she'd drop by and watch the store while we were here."

Morty
2010-12-08, 06:27 PM
Why, that's good to hear. Of course, I called her before that... you know, when that old lady came to place a big order. She sounded... out of breath. Like she'd been running or something.

The Bushranger
2010-12-08, 06:36 PM
Crissy nods...then blushes a little.
"Um...I think...she and Miss Angela had a misunderstanding and, like, totally made up recently," she explains, hoping Dorotha will fill in the blanks and she won't have to explain more.

Morty
2010-12-08, 06:43 PM
Dorotha does indeed fill in the blanks. She blushes and her mind begins looking frantically for a different subject. *cough* So, er. Have you ever been to the kindgom Kevin mentioned?

The Bushranger
2010-12-08, 06:47 PM
Crissy is grateful for the topic change.
"No. I want to, but so far I haven't been able to convince him to let me visit. I think it's like totally on a different plane or something."

Morty
2010-12-08, 06:51 PM
Dorotha raises her eyebrow, idly swimming from one end of the shallow part of the pool from another. Well, sort of swimming.
A different plane? Oh. I suppose my own homeworld is on a different plane too, now that I think about it. I've never thought of it that way. I wonder why he doesn't let you visit. Maybe he thinks it's too dangerous there...

The Bushranger
2010-12-08, 07:01 PM
"Probably. What with all the poltical instability."

Crissy sighs, and goes to climb out of the pool and sit on the edge.

"That and I'm not sure it would be entirely wise," she says, mostly to herself.

Morty
2010-12-08, 07:04 PM
Dorotha shakes her head. Politics. What good are they for, huh? And, um... why wouldn't it be wise? She's not sure if the last sentence was meant for her to hear...

The Bushranger
2010-12-08, 07:14 PM
It wasn't, and Crissy's cheeks flush.
"Um...well...I love Connor but I really like Kevin too and I'm like totally not sure it'd be wise for me and Kevin to be, like, alone together somewhere like that..."

Morty
2010-12-09, 04:36 PM
Dorotha bites her lip. She doesn't have much to say on this subject... in her experience, romance has always been something that happens to other people. And do you think Kevin... likes you this way too?

The Bushranger
2010-12-09, 04:40 PM
Crissy's cheeks flush a bit more.
"Dunno. Maybe? He, like, totally did make the amulet for me. An' part of me kinda hopes he does. But I love Connor!"

Morty
2010-12-09, 04:46 PM
Dorotha stops floating and sits down in the shallowest part of the pool, so that her head is above the water. I really don't know what to say... It seems that Crissy will hurt someone no matter what she does. But Dorotha doesn't want to say that out loud.

The Bushranger
2010-12-09, 05:08 PM
Just as well, since Crissy isn't so airheaded as to not realise that.
"Me ether. Let's talk about something else, alright?"

Morty
2010-12-09, 05:21 PM
Good idea. Dorotha thinks for a while. So. Do you like having brown hair? Maybe we should try some other colors? Like red or black.

The Bushranger
2010-12-09, 05:31 PM
"Yeah, I do kinda like it. I'm not sure about black though. Red might be totally cool though," Crissy observes with a giggle.

Morty
2010-12-09, 05:37 PM
Dorotha looks at her own hair. I have to say, I quite like the effect the potion with Mrs. Erin's hair had on my own hair color. But I think I'd like to switch to a more... natural one. If you can find some red hair, I have some of the potion stashed in the lab.

The Bushranger
2010-12-09, 05:39 PM
"It is, like, really distinctive." Crissy grins. "And I'll totally see what I can do to get some red hair!"

Shouldn't be too hard. :smalltongue:

Morty
2010-12-09, 05:45 PM
I think it would be pretty easy to find some hair of various colors and sell the potion pre-colored... Dorotha looks thoughtful. What color do you think would look good on me?

The Bushranger
2010-12-09, 06:00 PM
"Yeah, it would! And hmmm."
Crissy ponders the question, looking Dorotha's hair over.
"Maybe a light brown. With, like, pale highlights or something."

Morty
2010-12-10, 02:47 PM
Do you think so? I guess I'll try. I think we shouldn't experiment with unnaturally changed hair again, but we should definetly look around for exotic colors.

The Bushranger
2010-12-11, 03:20 PM
"Yeah, I do. And maybe, like, for exotic colors, we could get green or blue? I know Miss Erin knows somebody who has blue hair," Crissy says.

Morty
2010-12-11, 03:24 PM
Green or blue, yes. Maybe also bright red and yellow. Is that person's hair color natural?

The Bushranger
2010-12-11, 03:57 PM
Crissy nods, then giggles.
"I think so. Bright yellow though? Wouldn't that totally make you look like a canary or something?"

Morty
2010-12-11, 04:06 PM
Dorotha giggles as well, splashing the water idly. Well, yes. But I'm sure there's someone who'd like to look like that.

The Bushranger
2010-12-11, 04:15 PM
"Good point - eep!"
Crissy giggles as she's splashed, and splashes Dorotha back.
"Probably somebody who would want pink and purpla polka-dots, too, though."

Morty
2010-12-11, 04:34 PM
Dorotha is splashed and shakes her head. This too is someting new. Their looks are their own business, aren't they? And whatever they want, we should provide.

The Bushranger
2010-12-11, 06:48 PM
"I guess you have a totally awesome point there." Crissy nods, then climbs out of the pool, grabbing a towel to dry off.

happyturtle
2010-12-11, 07:53 PM
Suddenly Darcy is undeadtimed. "Hey, I just sort of had this feeling that Nancy might be waking up soon. Wanna go check on her?"

VampireRot
2010-12-11, 08:19 PM
Zanny shrugs, and starts getting out of the pool.

"Okay. Hopefully Quinn healed her by now."

He'll go get to the dressing rooms to change out of the bathing suit, then meet up with Darcy to fly back to GloG.

happyturtle
2010-12-11, 08:19 PM
Wheee! Back to GLoG!

Morty
2010-12-12, 04:44 PM
"I guess you have a totally awesome point there." Crissy nods, then climbs out of the pool, grabbing a towel to dry off.

Dorotha also leaves the pool and uses a towel to dry herself. So, should we try something else? Or head back to the store for now?

The Bushranger
2010-12-12, 05:09 PM
"That's up to you." Crissy smiles. "I could totally go for the exercise bikes, though."

Morty
2010-12-12, 05:12 PM
Dorotha nods. Alright, let's go check them out, then. After changing back into the sportswear, of course.

The Bushranger
2010-12-12, 05:33 PM
Of course.

And once they do, they quickly find the stationary bikes.
Crissy hopping onto one, and pedaling for all she's worth.

Morty
2010-12-13, 04:39 PM
Dorotha also hops on one of the bikes and starts pedaling... with an expression of someone who has no idea what she's doing.

The Bushranger
2010-12-13, 04:41 PM
Crissy starts giving her tips! While smiling happily.

It seems the Valley Girl half-elf is in her element here at the health and exercise club and spa. :smalltongue:

Morty
2010-12-15, 02:31 PM
Dorotha gets tired rather quickly and slows down. But she's definetly enjoying herself. I think we should *huff* visit this place more *puff* often.

The Bushranger
2010-12-15, 02:36 PM
"Yeah, really!" Crissy grins broadly, looking surprisingly not out of breath, perhaps. "But maybe we should take a break. Oooh, I bet they totally have a smoothie shop here. I so could go for one of those, I haven't had one in like forever!"

Morty
2010-12-15, 02:42 PM
Yes, a break would be good... but what are smoothies? Yet another thing a world based on 14th century Europe lacks.

The Bushranger
2010-12-15, 02:49 PM
"Fruit drinks blended to a nice thick consistency and chilled to perfection," Crissy declares with a grin as she jumps off the bicycle and towels her face off. "You'll so totally love them."

Morty
2010-12-15, 02:52 PM
Mmm. Sounds tasty. Dorotha also towels herself off. Let's go and try them out.

The Bushranger
2010-12-15, 03:07 PM
Crissy grins cheerfully, and quickly finds her way to the smoothie bar, leading Dorotha there.

Where she orders a kiwifruit and mango smoothie for herself.

Morty
2010-12-15, 03:22 PM
Dorotha orders an apple smoothie for herself. Mmm. That's good. We definetly should come here again in the future.

The Bushranger
2010-12-15, 03:25 PM
Crissy nods enthuiastically.
"Yeah, we totally should. We should get proper memberships and everything!"

Morty
2010-12-15, 03:32 PM
Dorotha nods too. Definetly. Now, after we finish the smoothes, do we try out something else or head back home?

The Bushranger
2010-12-15, 03:38 PM
"I guess we should probably head back," Crissy says with a nod. "We can, like, try out the other stuff here later.

((And, I'm off.))

Morty
2010-12-16, 11:54 AM
Yes, and then we'll decide on what we'll end up excercising regularily with. I've read somewhere that it's the way you should do it.

The Bushranger
2010-12-16, 11:56 AM
"Well, like, the bicycles, running and swimming are totally my favourite kinds of exercise. Gotta totally keep my legs trim and all," Crissy says with a nod.

Morty
2010-12-16, 12:33 PM
I guess it works for me, too. But we'll check everything anyway. And with that, they probably leave.

The Bushranger
2010-12-16, 12:34 PM
Crissy, still sipping her smoothie, follows Dorotha out and 'home'.