PDA

View Full Version : A Pathfinder Feat Question

piemaester
2010-11-25, 11:59 PM
I was reading through Pathfinder APG and noticed that if I want to shoot my crossbow in melee, I need two feats: Crossbow Mastery and Point Blank Master. Am I understanding this right? It seems a little much too require two feats that both have a few feat prerequisites just to do something like this.

Hida Reju
2010-11-26, 12:04 AM
I thought in the advanced players guide it had alternate class options for fighter to give you a crossbowman and bowman that could shoot in melee. Somewhere between 8th and 12th lvl on

Rixx
2010-11-26, 12:14 AM
I believe you only need Point Blank Master.

Engine
2010-11-26, 01:01 AM
I believe you only need Point Blank Master.

Well, Point Blank Master > no AoO when shooting in melee.
Crossbow Mastery > no AoO when reloading a crossbow in melee.

So I suppose that you need both feats to be really effective in melee with a crossbow.
For the OP: you're much better off using a melee weapon than your crossbow in melee. Those two feats aren't worth the investment.

piemaester
2010-11-26, 01:05 AM
I was wanting to play a ranger so the fighter option isn't my first choice.

I would agree that I just need point blank master except crossbow mastery says it prevents attack of opprotunities from reloading a crossbow. Point blank master only stops AoO from firing a ranged weapon.

I suppose melee would be better. I just really wanted that to work I guess. :smallfrown:

On a similar note, would there happen to be a way to threaten with ranged weapons for AoO?