PDA

View Full Version : Who is better in Mortal Kombat, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, or Reptile?

Dark Kerman
2010-11-26, 06:10 PM
Just wondering what the popular opinion is. :P

Winthur
2010-11-26, 07:15 PM
Going by sheer tier list when counting MK2, MK3, UMK and MKT (the only MK games that matter, the rest can go to hell), Sub-Zero is the clear winner while Reptile is the pushover.

/thread
:smalltongue:

(Also, Sub-Zero is cool)

CynicalAvocado
2010-11-26, 08:20 PM
sub zero. hands down

Calmness
2010-11-26, 08:38 PM
Scorpion, because of COME HERE! :smallbiggrin:

There are more ninjas though. Rain, Noob Saibot, Chameleon and probably a few others.

CynicalAvocado
2010-11-26, 08:51 PM
3 words. deep freeze, uppercut

SMEE
2010-11-26, 09:18 PM
This seems to fit better at Media discussion.
Thread moved.

Fjolnir
2010-11-27, 12:07 AM
I like Subzero, Noob Saibot, and then scorpion. I agree that reptile is pretty much garbage.

Sinfonian
2010-11-27, 09:12 AM
Scorpion, because of COME HERE! :smallbiggrin:

There are more ninjas though. Rain, Noob Saibot, Chameleon and probably a few others.

Off the top of my head: Ermac, Cyrax, and Smoke.

I've always liked Sub-Zero. There's a significant advantage to be had from the frustration that freezing your opponent has.

Eldonauran
2010-11-29, 08:52 PM
Sub-zero, for sure.

Freeze! Ice clone! Slippery floor!

Ahh, the classics.

Douglas
2010-11-30, 09:41 AM
Judging entirely by distant memory of the one and only (very early) version of Mortal Kombat I played many years ago, Reptile because he's got every move from both Scorpion and Sub-Zero plus superspeed. Also, he's a hidden boss fight and not a playable character.

Psyren
2010-11-30, 01:10 PM
Judging entirely by distant memory of the one and only (very early) version of Mortal Kombat I played many years ago, Reptile because he's got every move from both Scorpion and Sub-Zero plus superspeed. Also, he's a hidden boss fight and not a playable character.

That Reptile was actually retconned to be Chameleon (hence the "every power" thing he had going.) The real Reptile can neither freeze nor use the spear.

Da'Shain
2010-11-30, 06:00 PM
Well, in the Mortal Kombat movie Reptile has by far the coolest fight scene.

Seriously. I still get chills when I hear the announcer's voice say "Reptile". Why was there some random voice announcing a name after a chameleon monster was transformed into a ninja? WHO CARES?

In the games, though, definitely Scorpion. He was an undead ninja who could teleport and spit fire. Sub-Zero can freeze stuff all he wants, he'll never bet as cool as that.

Susano-wo
2010-11-30, 08:08 PM
I always liked Sub Zero, but I don't have much experience past MK I, though I've played some 3. But "Get Over Here!" is one of the coolest things ever!

Pronounceable
2010-12-02, 11:28 AM
Subzero is cool too, but Scorpion is just better. No contest.

Psyren
2010-12-02, 12:26 PM
Subzero is cool too, but Scorpion is just better. No contest.

Depends on which Sub-Zero. The Sub right now is the younger brother. The former Sub-Zero, the older brother, is wraith-ninja-assassin Noob Saibot who can curbstomp them both.

Morph Bark
2010-12-02, 02:44 PM
Weren't there in the early days of Mortal Kombat like 7 ninjas with different colours, as if they were a ninja rainbow? Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Reptile were amongst them no doubt, but I have no clue who the others were and if they are still in the line-up today.

Fjolnir
2010-12-02, 03:11 PM
mortal kombat 3 ultimate is what you're thinking of it had
Ermac, Rain, Noob Saibot, Sub Zero, Scorpion, and Reptile, Chameleon, and the Lin Keuy cyber ninjas, not counting the masked women (of which there are several as well) there is a decent rainbow of ninja, though not a white one interestingly...

Psyren
2010-12-02, 03:17 PM
Males:

Red = Ermac
Purple = Rain (OMG GET IT? :smalltongue:)
Grey = (Human) Smoke
Black = Noob Saibot
Yellow/Orange = Scorpion
Blue = Sub-Zero
Green = Reptile
Chameleon = White/Rainbow

Females were Kitana (blue), Mileena (purple), Jade (green) and Khameleon (grey).

Jerthanis
2010-12-02, 04:00 PM
I've played versus a good Sub-Zero player circa MK3, and it's like getting hit by a freight train covered in spikes from all directions at once.

Scorpion has one good trick. Sub Zero has like, ten.

Psyren
2010-12-02, 04:21 PM
Scorpion has one good trick. Sub Zero has like, ten.

I beg to differ - In addition to his signature spear, Scorpion has an air throw and the best teleport in the game (can be done in the air, fast enough to combo from etc.)

Here is a non-cheesy (i.e. no infinite) example (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D0wab2-zBQ)

Fjolnir
2010-12-02, 05:39 PM
Subzero is a strong yet easy fighter, scorpion rewards skill more sometimes