PDA

View Full Version : Blade of Charms

22Charisma
2010-11-26, 09:10 PM
Ok, so here's the deal. I have no idea what I'm doing, but I decided to do it anyways. I kind of went with the feel a bard with limited magical abilities but more combat utility. Overall I feel like there might be some abilities that are overpowered, and probably shouldn't work the way they do, with other useless abilities thrown in, and with abilities missing to top it off. In other words, not balanced at all.

I do like the expending of spell slots to activate special abilities, the higher the spell slot the stronger the ability. And the idea of the class in general. It just has a cool feel to it.

Over all I guess I just want a bit of tips, guidance, ect. So that maybe next time if I ever decide to jump into the world of homebrewing again I know a bit more about what I'm doing.

Blade of Charms

Alignment: Any nonevil and nonlawful, The life of a Blade of Charms involves much manipulation, especially using magic, People of the Lawful walk of life find this dishonest and despicable. The Blade of Charms also realizes that they actually need people, not just manipulate them, to get ahead, something which evil people don't seem to quite understand. A Blade of Charms that becomes Lawful or Evil looses all spell slots granted by the class.

Hit Die: d6

Class Skills: Bluff(Cha), Diplomacy(Cha), Disguise(Cha), Escape Artist(Dex), Gather Information(Cha), Jump(Str), Kowledge(Royalty/Nobility)(Int), Listen(Wis), Sense Motive(Wis), Sleight of Hand(Dex), Tumble(Dex)

Skill points at 1st level: (4 + Int Modifier) x4

Skill points at each additional level: 4 + Int modifier

Level|B.A.B.|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
1|+0 |+0|+2|+0|Armored Spell casting (light armor and shields), Winning Smile, Smooth Moves
2|+1|+0|+3|+0|Evasion
3|+2|+1|+3|+1|Grace +1
4|+3|+1|+4|+1|Captivating Tales
5|+3|+1|+4|+1|People Person
6|+4|+2|+5|+2|
7|+5|+2| +5|+2|
8|+6/+1|+2|+6|+2|Charming Disposition
9|+6/+1 |+3|+6|+3
10|+7/+2|+3|+7|+3|Improved Evasion
11|+8/+3|+3|+7|+3|Improved Winning Smile, Grace +2
12|+9/+4|+4|+8|+4|Improved Critical
13|+9/+4|+4|+8|+4|Bullheaded
14|+10/+5|+4|+9|+4
15|+11/+6/+1|+5|+9|+5|Offence and Defense +1
16|+12/+7/+2|+5|+10|+5
17|+12/+7/+2|+5|+10|+5|Comforting Presence
18|+13/+8/+3|+6|+11|+6
19|+14/+9/+4|+6|+11|+6|Offence and Defense +2
20|+15/+10/+5|+6|+12|+6|Heart Breaker

Spells per day
Level|Spells known|Lvl 0|Lvl 1|Lvl 2|Lvl 3|Lvl 4|Lvl 5
1|2|1|1|-|-|-|-
2|2|2|1|-|-|-|-
3|3|2|2|-|-|-|-
4|3|3|2|-|-|-|-
5|4|3|3|0|-|-|-
6|4|3|3|1|-|-|-
7|5|3|3|2|-|-|-
8|5|3|3|-|-|-|-
9|5|3|3|3|0|-|-
10|6|4|3|3|2|-|-
11|6|4|4|3|2|-|-
12|7|4|4|4|3|-|-
13|7|4|4|4|4|0|-
14|8|4|4|4|4|2|-
15|8|4|4|4|4|3|-
16|9|5|4|4|4|4|0
17|9|5|5|4|4|4|2
18|9|5|5|5|4|4|3
18|10|5|5|5|5|5|4
20|11|5|5|5|5|5|5

Class Features

Weapon and armor Proficiency

A Blade of Charms is proficient with the dagger, kukri, short-sword, longsword, rapier, and scimitar. Blade of Charms are proficient with light armor and shields (except tower shields). Blade of Charms spells cast in light armor or with a shield do not incur a chance of arcane spell casting failure. Spells cast from another class while in armor or while wearing medium or heavy armor still incur a chance of arcane spell casting failure.

Spells

A Blade of Charms can cast arcane spells drawn from the Wizard/Sorcerer spell list, but only from the Enchantment school. He can cast any spell without preparing it ahead of time. To cast a spell a Blade of Charms must have a Charisma score of 10 + Spell level. The Difficulty Class for a Blade of Charms spell is 10 + spell level + the Blade of Charms’ Charisma modifier.

A Blade of Charms’ spell selection is extremely limited. He may only learn spells from the enchantment school. He may only know a certain number of spells per level but they may be of any level up to the highest level the Blade of Charms can cast.

Any Level a Blade of Charms doesn’t learn a new spell he may trade in any number of spells up to the same number as their Charisma modifier for the same number of spells of any level up the level which they can cast.

Winning Smile(Su)

Starting at 1st level as a move action you may expend one of you Blade of Charms spell slots to flash your opponent a sparkling grin that flusters them. The fluster status is identical to the shaken status except it is considered a charm effect instead of a fear effect, and the penalties are only active when the target is interacting with you. This effect lasts for a number of rounds equal to the level of the spell slot expended +1. The saving throw is will based, the DC is equal to 10 + Cha modifier + spell level of slot expended

Smooth Moves(Ex)

Starting at 1st level a Blade of Charms is able to apply his Dexterity modifier to his attack rolls instead of his Strength modifier, as if with the weapon finesse feat, but only to weapons the class is naturally proficient in.

Evasion(Ex)

At 2nd level and higher, a Blade of Charms can avoid even magical and unusual attacks with great agility. If he makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, he instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if the Blade of Charms is wearing light armor or no armor. A helpless Blade of Charms does not gain the benefit of evasion.

Grace(Ex)

A Blade of Charms gains a +1 bonus to reflex saves at 3rd level. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level.

Captivating Tales(Su)
Starting at 4th level you can expend one of your Blade of Charms’s spell slots and make a Charisma check, anyone who fails the check becomes fascinated with you as you begin to tell a tall tale and remain that way until you finish. This is a charm effect and cannot be used in battle. You add a bonus to your Charisma check equal to the level of the spell slot expended.

People Person(Su)

Starting at 5th level a Blade of Charms can expend a spell slot to boost a Diplomacy or Gather Information role by the same amount as the spell level of the slot expended.

Charming Disposition(Ex)

At 8th level when Charm Person or Charm Monster is cast by a Blade of Charms on a target that is currently being threatened or attacked by his allies (but not the Blade of Charms), they no longer receive a +5 bonus to their will save. If your allies(but not the Blade of Charms) attack the target of your Charm Person or Charm Monster once, the spell does not immediately end, instead the target is allowed a second save with a +10 bonus. If your allies attack the subject once more, the spell immediately ends.

Improved Evasion(Ex)

At 10th level when a Blade of Charms makes reflex saves for half damage, a successful save means no damage while a failed save only means half damage.

Improved Winning Smile(Su)

At 11th level a Blade of Charms’ Winning Smile improves. It functions the same except it now affects all targets within 15’.

Improved Critical(Ex)

At 12th level a Blade of Charms has become adept at targeting his enemy’s weak spots. He gains the benefit of the Improved Critical feat.

Bullheaded(Ex)

At 13th level a Blade of Charms may add his Charisma bonus to his will save.

Offence and Defense(Su)

At level 15 a Blade of Charms may expend a spell slot as a move action to increase his grace and damage rolls by one. This effect can only be used once. At level 19 this effect raises grace and damage rolls by two. This effect lasts for an amount of rounds equal to the level of the spell slot expended +1.

Comforting Presence(Ex)

At 17th level a Blade of Charms adds half his Charisma modifier to his allies Will save. Allies must be within 40’ and have line of sight to take advantage.

Heart Breaker(Su)

Starting at level 20 you may expend one of your Blade of Charms spell slots as a full action to activate Heart Breaker. All opponents within 30 feet must make a Will save (10 + spell slot level + Charisma modifier) or become stunned by your dashing good looks.