PDA

View Full Version : Getting Epic Spell DC Down

Morithias
2010-11-27, 12:51 AM
Oooooook, yeah person in sig gave me awesome epic spell, but REALLY need to get the DC down.

Already know of the "give up spells in mass ritual" thing, so I guess what I'm asking is a way to max/min epic leadership to very high levels so that I have the followers required to do so.

Of course any other cheese is quite welcomed as well.

DC right now is 775000. With the midigating factors "only works on evil creatures" and "needs the love of an archruler from said targeted plane".

Jack_Simth
2010-11-27, 01:12 AM
Oh, that's easy. You use the Summon (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/seeds/summon.htm) seed, with Permanency, to Permanently Summon Planetars (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/angel.htm#angelPlanetar) (which cast as Cleric-17's for CR 16). It's a fairly annoying initial DC (210=(14(Base)+2*14(+14 CR above 2))*5(Permanent)), but that can be mitigated to 0 with nothing but time. Regular Leadership can also get you there with just Adepts, too.

And, of course, after you have your first Planetar, you research a second Epic spell, which uses a 9th level slot from that Planetar, to summon your 2nd Planetar. The next Planetar you Summon has two Planetars donating 9th level slots, and so on. Takes a bit to do the math, but it gets insane fast.

Morithias
2010-11-27, 01:30 AM
Oh, that's easy. You use the Summon (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/seeds/summon.htm) seed, with Permanency, to Permanently Summon Planetars (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/angel.htm#angelPlanetar) (which cast as Cleric-17's for CR 16). It's a fairly annoying initial DC (210=(14(Base)+2*14(+14 CR above 2))*5(Permanent)), but that can be mitigated to 0 with nothing but time. Regular Leadership can also get you there with just Adepts, too.

And, of course, after you have your first Planetar, you research a second Epic spell, which uses a 9th level slot from that Planetar, to summon your 2nd Planetar. The next Planetar you Summon has two Planetars donating 9th level slots, and so on. Takes a bit to do the math, but it gets insane fast.

So basically, I just blitz this spell until I have a version that can be cast max times to per day and spam it until I have enough spell slots to make the DC low enough to use?

Jack_Simth
2010-11-27, 01:40 AM
So basically, I just blitz this spell until I have a version that can be cast max times to per day and spam it until I have enough spell slots to make the DC low enough to use?
Yep. Oh yes, and past a point, you switch from Summoning one Planetar each time, to summoning two (permitted in the definition of the Summon seed). And then three, and then four, and then five...

It's exponential growth. Assuming you've got two Epic spells per day, you're expected to make your DC in a month or two, if you've got regular Leadership and a bunch of Adept followers.

Morithias
2010-11-27, 01:46 AM
Yep. Oh yes, and past a point, you switch from Summoning one Planetar each time, to summoning two (permitted in the definition of the Summon seed). And then three, and then four, and then five...

It's exponential growth. Assuming you've got two Epic spells per day, you're expected to make your DC in a month or two, if you've got regular Leadership and a bunch of Adept followers.

Excellent...bhaw haw haw haw. Soon all of the underworld will be pure and loving.

Random person: "Why is he laughing evilly at that?"
Random Person 2: "You know how a lot of really evil people think they're doing good things?"
RP1: "Yes"
RP2: "Reverse the alignments, and don't try to figure out how it works, just accept it as is."

Fortuna
2010-11-27, 02:01 AM
I would never say that! I would say something far sillier.

Also, if you really want to get it done quickly, Genesis with an appropriate Time trait helps vastly. You're already playing with epic spells, it can't get much more broken.

Morithias
2010-11-27, 03:45 AM
I would never say that! I would say something far sillier.

Also, if you really want to get it done quickly, Genesis with an appropriate Time trait helps vastly. You're already playing with epic spells, it can't get much more broken.

Yeah already had that in the plan. If my calculations are correct, and I remove a few variables, it should take me around 6 months, to get enough castings of the spell to turn the entire universe good aligned.

That's about 3 seconds in normal time flow.

And no I do not care about any kind of debate about moral and ethical implications, I know perfectly well that as soon as I show my group this it will be going on our "Banned" list. (Yes we actually keep a list of Banned Builds even though we're all munchkins).

Fortuna
2010-11-27, 04:32 AM
Fair enough.

Also, I forgot something. Cloning me is bad and wrong, and shall be met with multiple claw attacks by two-headed cat of doom in future. Clear?

Tetsubo 57
2010-11-27, 08:30 AM

But what GM would let you do that as a player? None I have ever known.

Jack_Simth
2010-11-27, 10:31 AM
But what GM would let you do that as a player? None I have ever known.
Zilch. But then, the OP doesn't really care:

I know perfectly well that as soon as I show my group this it will be going on our "Banned" list. (Yes we actually keep a list of Banned Builds even though we're all munchkins).

tyckspoon
2010-11-27, 11:14 AM
And no I do not care about any kind of debate about moral and ethical implications, I know perfectly well that as soon as I show my group this it will be going on our "Banned" list. (Yes we actually keep a list of Banned Builds even though we're all munchkins).

..they haven't already banned infinite-DC-mitigation Epic Spells? :smallconfused: You guys don't play Epic much, or nobody has yet sat down and really played with the Epic Spell system or what?

Doppelganger
2010-11-27, 02:50 PM
Out of curiousity, are there any rules for human sacrifice reducers on epic spells? There realy ought to be, even it you can only use epic magic when the plot demands it.

Morithias
2010-11-27, 04:29 PM
..they haven't already banned infinite-DC-mitigation Epic Spells? :smallconfused: You guys don't play Epic much, or nobody has yet sat down and really played with the Epic Spell system or what?

We've played one epic campaign, and no one played a full caster in it. We had a bloodhound, duskblade, and a spellthief. We haven't played epic camp since, with the exception of the occasional "duel" between players.