PDA

View Full Version : [IC] New World of Darkness: Shadows Within Shadows

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-27, 02:16 AM
The building is old, and beat up, no-one could say the years have been kind to it and keep a straight face. It was a warehouse long before it was a library, but as the neighborhood decayed away so did it, until some do-gooder or another had the bright idea to build a library for the poor unfortunate souls, which would have worked great had any of them been able to read. Now it is simply a abandoned building, between a greasy Chinese restaurant and a house that never sold, cause why buy a house when you can just move in for free? Not like anyone cares after all. Cracks spiderweb through the dusty, uncleaned windows, as well as actual spiderwebs, the spiders fat from the moths that feast upon the paper within. The door has been boarded up of course, more to keep it from falling down than to keep people out, but removing the boards would be a work of seconds.

You have all come here for different reasons. Some of you have came because the voices of men who's name you don't know and who's name was never given told you to, others to seek knowledge within the stacks of dusty tomes. Most of you think it's unimportant, just a quick stop and then on with your life. Sadly, those of you who think that must learn a painful lesson: Life does not tolerate even the smallest stop, and it is rarely so kind.

Limos
2010-11-27, 02:54 AM
Carl

Journalists do not know the meaning of fear. Carl repeated this to himself many times on his harrowing trip into the depths of Archway. Journalists do not shy from danger. This stream of mental reassurement had become more frequent, and less convincing, as the decay around him increased. By the time the rat faced little man had reached the rotting hulk that was the Public Library the small voice had begun to resemble a rat even more strongly than it's host. Squeaking fearfully in the dark recesses of his mind. Journalists do whatever it takes to find the Truth.

Maybe I'm not a very good journalist... The treacherous thought whispered. He shook his head fiercely to dispel the feeling. No! This is my chance. I can't pass up this tip, I need this... With his resolve firmed once more Carl scuttles his way closer to the entrance, trying not to attract any undue attention (whether mundane or supernatural it was yet to be seen). He examines the decrepit boards doubtfully.

Gamgee
2010-11-27, 12:26 PM
Clark
Looking at the old building he was excited. Everything he had read on this place totally failed to describe how real and in its own downtrodden way amazing this place was. There was just something neat about experiencing things that few ever did. As he walked down the street towards the buildings he seen someone outside the poorly boarded up doors. He smiled to himself as he kept walking.

This just got interesting. I guess places like this really do attract certain kinds of people. He was half tempted to sneak up and watch what this person was doing, but decided against it. No way to tell how people might react in a place like this if they were caught being spied upon. Instead Clark opted to let his feet land loudly enough to be heard and wait for the persons reaction.

OOC:
Can we get an out of character thread with all the sheets up top? It's just a neat little organization trick that tends to help everyone.

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-27, 07:05 PM
The boards barely count as such anymore. The wood is very rotten, and the nails have worked their way out over the years. All in all, it would be very easy to remove them, but very hard avoiding splinters while doing so.

Misaat
2010-11-27, 11:00 PM
Staring at the run down library from the other side of the street a small shudder runs through Mathew's back. He can't help feeling uneasy about the this whole situation.

"I should'nt have come" He thinks to himself "What if its someone trying to rob me or something. Why else would they want to meet in a place like this"

*sigh*

"It's ok. I guess i can always just run away if i see its someone dangerous."

Taking a deep breath, Mathew crosses the street towards the old building and stops in front of it to take a good look.

Limos
2010-11-27, 11:49 PM
Carl hears the footstep behind him and jumps two feet in the air with a small yelp. But it was a journalistic yelp, really very dignified. He spins about, brandishing his notebook at the newcomer. Necomers he corrects himself, there was more than one.

"I don't know what you heard but this is my story! I got here first!" His small eyes dart from one to the other rapidly.

Alth Falath
2010-11-27, 11:56 PM
Andy
Looking from the window of his car, Andy notices a group of people outside the library. This could be a bit more problematic to get in and out unnoticed, and it'd be embarassing to the family if I got caught up in something. He drives around the block, looking for a quieter place to park. Hopefully there'll be a back way in, wouldn't be the first time I've had to sneak in with fighting going on outside

GodGoblin
2010-11-28, 09:11 AM
Patrick looks at the crowd of people gathered at the front of the building as he jogs up to the entrance still angry at the fact he is cycle courier without a cycle, Damn thieves in this city are getting too much he thinks to himself.

"Hey! What going on here" Patrick says the crowd in his strong Irish accent as he walks up the stairs still clutching the box he was asked to deliver to the building.

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-29, 12:49 AM
As everybody seems to have stopped posting, I'll stop waiting for the conversation to end.

After a bit of searching, Andy finds a good parking spot. Getting in the back will be rather hard though, as the back door is made of metal and still somewhat sturdy. The others on the front side of the building all hear something though. A loud crash, and something that sounds like a scream.

Limos
2010-11-29, 12:52 AM
Carl spins back to face the building then completes his 360 spin in a single neck snappingly quick movement. "No more time for arguing, come Filthy Assistants! There's chicanery afoot!" The rat faced little man begins prying up the rotten boards, trying to ignore the splinters. There is no time for pain right now. "Well don't just stand there. Help me open this!"

Gamgee
2010-11-29, 01:09 AM
Clark
Saying nothing because he's still not sure what's going on he decides that someone has to just help for once in this godforsaken town. He attempts to help the man in opening the door.

OOC:
Not sure what I have to roll if anything. Let me know if I do have to roll something.

GodGoblin
2010-11-29, 03:54 AM
"Seriously who are you clowns" Pat asks the group as whole before letting out a sigh and helping with the planks "Im going to regret this arnt I?"

Alth Falath
2010-11-29, 09:54 AM
Hmm, kicking through this will be more trouble then it's worth. Guess it's the front door and a bit of fast talkin. Andy heads around for the front, strolling casually and not looking at the library. He checks for the group outside the front door. Maybe they'll have all left, that would be convenient.

Gamgee
2010-11-29, 10:31 AM
Clark
"Clark Bannon, just an average author looking to get some inspiration. For now though we should just focus on getting in here to see what's going on." He was still trying to get the door open but briefly glanced at the man who asked who he was.

GodGoblin
2010-11-29, 11:14 AM
Patrick
"Well nice to meet you Clark, call me Pat. So what do you know about this place?" He says still working on the planks.

Misaat
2010-11-29, 03:58 PM
Mathew whinks to himself while he sees the scene unfolding.

"Oh No this looks bad... REALLY Bad... There must be another way to enter the building"

He looks around searching for a window or some other form of entrance.

OOC: Do i need to make a roll?

Limos
2010-11-29, 05:44 PM
OOC

Oh, sorry, didn't realize I hadn't posted this. Group one is:

Misaak with Mathew, the author redshirt

Gamgee with Clark, the other author almost normal one

Tricycle Knight with Austin, the hobo (don't even need to think up a title for this one :smalltongue:)

God_Goblin with Patrick, the courier speedmonkey

Limos with Carl, the paranormal investigator loony

Alth Falath with Andy, the hunter bank on legs

@God_Goblin: Resources zero means you might have one or two things in the ten dollars or less range.

We seriously need an OOC thread, also Sentinel, I don't think you are in group 1.

EDIT: Did you even apply? I can't find any posts from you in the recruitment thread.

Limos
2010-11-29, 11:17 PM
I applied to This One (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177136), we got linked here.

We seriously need an OOC thread

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-29, 11:29 PM
And now we have one. Also, I think I understand the confusion. I tried to run a WoD game awhile back, which died in the recruitment stage. As I never used the plot, I decided to use it for this game, and re-used the name as well, as there never was a IC thread for the other game.

Gamgee
2010-11-30, 01:05 PM
Clark
"I don't know much to be honest, but we can ask and answer questions later. Right now we need to know what's going on in there." He was beginning to wonder if these were plot boards that would only open if the situation was suitably dramatic.

GodGoblin
2010-11-30, 01:36 PM
"Damn looks like were all as clueless as each other, lets just get inside its too cold to stand around in these shorts" Pat says trying to lighten the rather odd mood

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-30, 02:19 PM
At last the board give in and the door hits he floor with a splintery thud. THe smell of rotten wood and molding books wafts out, along with a choking wave of dust. The odd bit however, is that there is no dust, no mold nor rot withing the library. It does, in fact, looks as though it was brand new. A thick carpet lines the floor, and varnished shelves line the walls, holding books with spines unbroken, even the windows show a serene, peaceful suburban landscape that looks nothing like the slums outside. People sit in comfy chairs, reading books, their faces always just out of view, all except one. This man's face is clear as day, and he wears a pleasant grin and clean shirt as he walks past you, appearing out of nowhere and striding up to the front desk, where he begins to talk to the person who must be the librarian in a politely hushed voice you can't quite hear. The entire scene goes beyond eery, to outright horrific in some unplaceable, bizzare way.

GodGoblin
2010-11-30, 02:43 PM
"This is.. Wrong, I cant put my finger on why but it just is" So lets find out why He finishes the sentence to himself as he enters and approaches the desk package in hand.

Limos
2010-11-30, 04:20 PM
"This is...

... Amazing!" Carl says in excitement, "Oh I wish I hadn't pawned my camera for bus far. This is the scoop of a lifetime! What could this be? Ghosts? Vampires? Do vampires read books, I would assume they could..." He scuttles over to the desk and leans over toward the Librarian. "Excuse me, Can I get a quick interview?"

Alth Falath
2010-11-30, 04:50 PM
Andy walks around the corner. Hmm, they seem to be gone, and with only a little property damage. Might even make it easier to get in. Just to be safe though... Andy gets his pistol ready and creeps towards the hole.

[roll0]

Gamgee
2010-11-30, 04:58 PM
Clark
"Woah, this is weird." He just looks around at the bizarre scenery his mind racing to try and understand it. He feels compelled to enter the building as well, and does so.

GodGoblin
2010-11-30, 05:27 PM
Standing close to the front desk he holds up the parcel in the air and rather uncouthly bellows "Anyone order a parcel?"

Alth Falath
2010-11-30, 06:07 PM
"Well, this was unanticipated. Guess it's the appropriate place for a spook's book, Andy thinks with a wry grin. He waits a bit to see how the out of date react to the man yelling with the parcel. Hopefully they treat him well, and I can just get the book and get the heck out of here.

Misaat
2010-11-30, 06:36 PM
Mathew slowly enters the building and thinks:

"This guys make to much noise... I dont think any of them were the ones who called me here... It must have been one of those people reading over there... Maybe this is some kind of private book club?"

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-30, 08:18 PM
The librarian ignores Clark's request, not even blinking an eye at Patricks outburst. Instead she, for from the clothes it wears it is either a she or wishes to be one, speaks to the man with the face. "Can I help you?" She says, in a voice at the same time quiet but echoing through the entire library. The man, taking a step forward and shaking her hand, replies in a educated, slightly southern accented drawl. "Yes mam, I would like every book you have on the East Grocer murders." At this, the librarian shoots what could only be called a glare at him and speaks as though she'd been slapped. "And what makes you think we have any? This building wasn't even a library back then, and just because East Grocer was located next to what became this building doesn't mean we know anything about it, despite what you people think." "I see. Might you be willing to make a statement to that effect? I'm writing an article for the local paper." "I see, I suppose I could let you print that, yes." "And you would be the head librarian, right?" Says the man, scribbling on a notepad. "The person who chooses which books to order, sets the rules, has all the keys?" "Yes." "Hmmm... On second thought, there was a book I was looking for, War and Peace. I couldn't find it though." "Alright, I'll show you where it is, this way please." The librarian says, getting up and walking towards the far end of the library. The man follows, and as he does so the scene focuses uoon them, everything else blurring.

Gamgee
2010-11-30, 11:32 PM
OOC: Uh I made a request? I sort of just exclaimed in shock.

Alth Falath
2010-12-01, 10:00 AM
Guess I have to follow him. Andy puts his pistol away and follows the two creatures that seem to be the focus. If they're ghosts, not like I'm going to be able to stop them. Wonder if ghost books are still readable

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-01, 11:21 AM
Oops. Sorry, got Clark and Carl confused, won't happen again.

Gamgee
2010-12-02, 03:20 PM
Clark
Curiosity is overwhelming him and he decides it's high time to see what these things are. Testing the waters he pokes one of these mysterious beings. Ghosts, spirits, or whatever they were. He just wanted to see if he could and what would happen.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-03, 01:03 AM
As Clark pokes one of the ghosts, he will get two conflicting signals, one saying he's touching someone, the other saying he's waving his hand around in thin air. As for Andy, he will witness the following. As the man and the librarian step between two bookshelves, the man looks around and pulls a damp rag from his pocket, then suddenly grabs the librarian around the throat and shoves the rag in her face. She starts to kick the shelves and the man's legs, but no-one hears her, it is dead silent except for the murderers quiet laughter.

GodGoblin
2010-12-03, 07:39 AM
"Uh.. You guys heard me right? What the hell is this place!?" Pat says as he lays down the parcell on the desk and leans against it "So any ideas?"

Alth Falath
2010-12-03, 10:18 AM
Doubt I'll be able to do anything but... "Stop or I'll shoot, Andy yells, drawing his gun. He shivers a bit. Another murder commited right in front of me, and yet again, I might not be able to stop it. Darned if I'm not going to try though.

Gamgee
2010-12-03, 11:09 AM
Clark
"Well... that... was... unique feeling." As he says this he is looking at his hand which is still tingling remembering the odd sensation. Afterwords he speaks up to the man known as pat "Uh, I have no idea. I did some research and it was basically a renovated library. I didn't expect any of this... whatever this is."

Hearing the loud yelling from the man with the gun Clark starts to get a little suspicious of what was going on. He is fighting off the urge to grab his gun and pull it out. He wants to see what happens next in this crazy scene, and then maybe take off next door to where the other alleged murder occurred to see if anything happened there.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-04, 03:23 AM
The man doesn't stop, nor will he if Andy shoots, he just keeps on crushing the librarian's throat, choking the life out of her till she falls to the floor. He bends down and rifls through her pockets for a few seconds, then he finds it, the keys to the door. Whistling as though nothing had ever happened, he heads to the door and leaves, the only sign of something wrong the click of the door locking behind him. A few seconds pass, then suddenly one of the windows breaks as a molotov cocktail comes hurtling through, smashing into the rug which instnatly catchs on fire, the flames fast spreading, reaching out toards the ghostly readers who scream and run, only to find every exit, every door locked behind them.

Alth Falath
2010-12-05, 11:59 AM
Surprised by the complete lack of reaction from the murderer, Andy thought quickly. He's killing in passion, but shows no emotion to me. Can he see me? Seems this truly is an old memory, and there's nothing I can do. Cursing, he puts the gun away. He looks at the murderers face, trying to memorize as many details as he can. I can't get him today, but if I see him in our time.... Andy then looks around, and curses again. Guess the fire is a good time to leave. It might only be a memory, but if it wasn't, he was dead.

Gamgee
2010-12-06, 07:20 PM
Clark
Clark is looking around trying to see if anything else weird is going on here besides the obvious.

OOC:
Rolls in OOC thread.

Limos
2010-12-06, 08:17 PM
Carl shuffles after the other man as he witnesses the murder. He stops and strokes his chin thoughtfully then turns to Clark. "You know, I was investigating the history of this place and I found out that there had been a series of disappearances around here. They arrested the owner of the Grocery, Albert Codwell, before this Library was here. But they could only get two years on him...

You don't think he came back after serving his sentence do you?"

Alth Falath
2010-12-06, 09:33 PM
"I think this was only a memory of what happened. Somehow we got to witness it, for whatever reason, Andy says, eager for regular human contact after the oddness of the moment. "Any idea if Albert looked like the man we saw kill the librarian?"

Limos
2010-12-06, 09:47 PM
"I don't remember a picture," Carl says doubtfully, "I couldn't really say..."

GodGoblin
2010-12-07, 07:43 AM
"Ok so we have all happened to show up to this library full of ghosts and we just saw a memory of a murder? Seriously this is insane! SO lets checkout the rest of this place huh?"

With that he wanders off towards a door hoping it will lead elsewhere and gesturing for the others to follow

Alth Falath
2010-12-07, 10:23 AM
Seeing as the building seems unaffected by the fire, Andy looks around, hoping to spot the book he was looking for

[roll0]
[roll1] (just in case)

Gamgee
2010-12-07, 12:24 PM
Clark
"Any chance we could find something out about these murders elsewhere? So was this grocery store built over, or what? Your not being very clear. Also I agree with Pat, we should look around some more." With that he started to follow him.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-08, 12:53 AM
Sorry for the spotty updating, it should improve from here on out.

Andy spots his book, upon a bookshelf just a few feet away. The bad news is thatthe fire has already spread to there, and is climbing up towards the book at a rapid pace, the varnish on the bookshelf serving as fuel.

There is a door behind the desk, leading to the backroom, but a Patrick reaches out to touch the handle, in suddenly burns red hot, scorching his hand. Instantly, the ghostly readers are gone, but the fire seems far more real, more substantial, and more deadly, burning at poor Pat and Clark, who were unfortunate enough to be standing in the fire as it became real. Then there is a small, almost unhearable but at the same time boomingly loud *click*, as the door is unlovked and swings open. And standing in it is a figure, the same man as before as far as you can tell, his pose not aggressive but at the same time terrifying. Andy, above all, is most affected by the terrifying sight.

2 lethal damage to Pat and Clark, -1 to all rolls for Andy due to failing his check against the beings fear aura. Roll initiative.

Alth Falath
2010-12-08, 09:24 AM
Andy shivers as he looks at the man, seemingly in the flesh this time.

[roll0]
Make that a 12, forgot the -1.

GodGoblin
2010-12-08, 12:14 PM
"GAH!" Pat yells as his hand burns on the door. "I dont know about you chaps but im startin' to panic here" He says as he tries to back away from the figure.

Initiative [roll0]

Limos
2010-12-08, 01:19 PM
"This is amazing!" Carl yelps as he shies away from the fire, "But also terrible! Did that ghost just set this place on fire for real?!"

[roll0] - Initiative

Gamgee
2010-12-08, 03:29 PM
Clark
As the intense heat quickly whips up around him he feels himself beginning to cook and let's out a small grunt of pain. Seeing the figure surrounded by billowing smoke and flames and the small thud of the door as it opens wide mesmerizes Clark. He knew it wasn't the best time, but he had to admit in the back of his head this would be an amazing scene to write out in a book. Just as quickly as he is hit with this revelation it is gone as he has to face the reality that the murderer was before them. Clark backs up away from the figure to where there is no fire.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-08, 04:20 PM
[roll0] Oops, dumb initiative, following different rules from everything else

Gamgee
2010-12-10, 11:56 AM
Clark
Keeping a level head after such a startling entrance by the murderer Clark takes a few steps back to get out of the fire. He makes a move to draw his gun, and if possible fire it.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-11, 02:41 AM
A bullet strikes the thing in the doorway, dead in the shoulder, but it does not falter, running towards Andy with massive spped and eerily silent steps and slashing at him with a blade that seemjngly appeared from nowhere, a flash of red as poor Andy is dealt a deep blow across his torso, staining blade and floor red. Andy, now that he is too close for comfort to the thing, can see it's face, a shifting, melting monstrosity, a merging of every famous murderer, every horror of the night.

Andy takes 4 lethal. Four nines on a nine-again.

Gamgee
2010-12-11, 02:42 PM
Would I be able to get a common sense roll here? I want to know if it would be disastrous to fight this thing. If not I'll have to rely on my real life common sense and hope I was right.

Alth Falath
2010-12-12, 09:07 PM
Andy jumps back, wincing in pain. He shivers a bit, and then his eyes harden. It hurts, but he's been in pain before. After some of the places he's been, it could be worse. Vampire wouldn't be out in the day, too fast for a zombie, and not really that wolfish. Not sure what it is, but human it ain't. Gotta think fast. Wait, that's it. If my time on the farm has taught me anything, the leg tends to be weak. He pulls out his revolver and shoots at the leg, hoping to cripple the creepy serial killer. With luck, he'll be able to defend the courier and the others.

Aimed shot at the leg, using a willpower (for obvious reasons)
[roll0]

Alth Falath
2010-12-12, 09:08 PM
[roll0]bonus roll

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-13, 01:57 AM
The shot rips through the beings leg, and blood stains the floor; but it shows no sign of pain.

GodGoblin
2010-12-13, 10:55 AM
"Holy hell you guys are carrying guns!?" Pat backs away from the figure and scans the room for anything usable as a weapon "Well at least we know it bleeds!"

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-14, 01:10 AM
Well, unless you care to bludgeon him with books, the only available weapon is a wooden reading chair, which provides a +1 dice bonus.

Alth Falath
2010-12-14, 11:31 AM
Alternatively, spend some time thinking about more effective ways to kill it

Limos
2010-12-14, 10:45 PM
Carl

"Apparition.. clearly physical... no visual reaction to trauma... directly attacking..." The small rodentlike journalist rapidly chatters out observations about the creature. "What are you? Wait don't tell me it's on the tip of my tongue!" He furrows his brown and thinks furiously.

Rolling Occult (Cryptozoology) to identify monster. Rolls are in the OOC thread

"It's some kind of fear spirit. But I don't know what kind!" Carl blathers, "Maybe if we ignore it, it will lose power and disperse?" He finishes lamely.

Well that occult roll was stupendously useless

GodGoblin
2010-12-15, 06:32 AM
Continuing to back away to get to the chair Pat tries to remember anything like this from his Grandmothers teachings.

Gamgee
2010-12-18, 06:54 PM
Clark
Clark continues to back away from the thing, and makes sure as he is that he does not go into any areas with fire. As he is backing up he unleashes another shot from his revolver at the madman.

"Any idea here? At all? Why won't it just die?!" He says the sentence while squeezing the trigger on his gun and firing.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-20, 03:05 AM
The thing is shot, and falls apart, disintegrating into thousands of shadows that scurry away. The fire flickers, and is gone, leaving only the burnt out ruin of a library.

Alth Falath
2010-12-20, 12:22 PM
"Thank goodness, that was too close." Andy looks around. "Anyone else injured," he says, assessing his own wounds. Yea, this one's going to be hard to explain. He puts his gun back in his holster, and looks at the others.

GodGoblin
2010-12-20, 03:34 PM
"Tell me about it and ive just burnt my hand, but it hurts like a mother!" Pat says waving his hand around and blowing it in an attempt to cool it down

Gamgee
2010-12-20, 04:42 PM
Clark
"****ing got burned. Goddamnit. Hope that **** stays dead." He slowly holsters his small revolver again. He is wincing from the burns as he does so, and his movements are slow and cumbersome as he avoids any sudden movement that might reignite the pain.

"I want to see what the hell this was about. Maybe we should look around some more?"

Alth Falath
2010-12-20, 06:44 PM
Swearing, good, means he's not in shock. Andy moves over to the bookshelf where his book was, wincing at the pain. Just get the book, then go to the hospital. Guess I'm going with the I was stabbed in a mugging excuse. The burns are far easier to cover up. "So, I'm going to the hospital. Anyone need a lift?" Even though it'd be easier to cover us independently, their injuries come first.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-22, 02:17 AM
The book is there, but badly scorched. Whether it is readable is yet to be seen.

Limos
2010-12-22, 03:40 AM
Carl

"This is no time for medical treatment!" The ragged notebook gives a forlorn crackling as it loses yet another crumpled page while Carl opens it. "We need to record our experiences while they are fresh, I'll compile and compare them. This will make for some great soundbytes for the article!"

He moves over to Clark. "You were actually burned by the ghost flames correct? Now what color were they to your perception? Did they appear solid? At one point did you first perceive them? On a scale of 1 to 10, just how badly do your burns hurt?" He taps his pencil against the pad expectantly.

Gamgee
2010-12-23, 10:59 AM
Clark
"The flames were red the entire time. Even after they became real they were still the same colour. It looked solid to me the entire time. I would rate my injuries a four. My burns could have been so much worse. Now what's that book you looking at there? What the hell just happened?! Does anyone have even the slightest idea?"

Alth Falath
2010-12-23, 06:46 PM
Andy:
"Hopefully, it's a cure for some issues. Can't say as I know much about what's going on, but I somehow suspect it was of a supernatural nature. Have to consult with one of the others to get better information. As for me, I'm heading to the hospital, I feel half dead." Andy walks towards the exit, holding his wound together carefully with one hand, and his book in the other.

Gamgee
2010-12-23, 11:46 PM
Clark
"Your not going to take a look around anymore? What if you miss something? I'll tell you what. Help me search. We give this place a once over to see if there is anything else unusual. Afterwords I'll join you in going to the hospital. We're going to have to think of a lie for how we got our injuries after all."

GodGoblin
2010-12-24, 03:46 AM
Patrick
"Yeah c'mon man, Ive got burns too but what harm can it do having a quick look about?" Pat moves over to Clark and becons for Andy to join.

Gamgee
2010-12-24, 01:20 PM
Clark
"Forgot to mention, have some first aid training. I can take a look at that wound too and see if I can do anything about it before we go snooping around here. Assuming your in."

GodGoblin
2010-12-24, 04:28 PM
Patrick
"Why didnt you mention this sooner!? Here take at look at this could ya?" Pat says wincing as he stretches out his hand towards Clark

Alth Falath
2010-12-24, 06:13 PM
"Okay, you can have a look at the rather large bloody wound down my chest, but I still think it's rather urgent. Besides, we took care of whatever that beast was, we can always come back."

When I say half dead, I mean 4 lethal damage, which is rather a lot. I also imagine it's rather spectacularly bloody, given that it did half my health in one shot.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-25, 03:15 AM
After two minutes of work, Clark manages to keep Patrick's gand from getting inflamed, reducing the damage. Andy's wound is trickier though, as it's a nasty gash right on his intestines. Quite frankly, he's lucky his guts aren't on the floor. Thankfully though, Clark, although unable to do anything to speed up the healing, does manage to stop the bleeding, which will keep it from gettig much worse.

(Both of you are healed 1 Lethal damage)

Alth Falath
2010-12-25, 09:34 PM
"Much obliged, I feel slightly better. Still going to the hospital, but I'll come back. Besides, if horror movies are right, the spirit'll be back eventually, and we can get experts to tell us how to permanently get rid of it."
Andy heads for the door and his car, no longer holding himself together. He waits by the entrance to see if anyone else is going to follow him.

Gamgee
2010-12-28, 06:44 PM
"Wait what? Experts? I still have no idea what's going on. Ghosts and spirits. I can't deny it now, but the thought of not knowing about anything now. Is horrifying. Now your telling me there are 'experts' on this sort of stuff? What if they are just crackpots? What if we miss something now, or other people come and disturb the scene? Well can't say I didn't offer you, but that's my last chance I'm giving you before I go and take a quick peek around."

Alth Falath
2010-12-28, 09:56 PM
"It's an abandoned library in the middle of a run-down part of town. I think we can leave it for a few days safely. Figure someone dealing with the supernatural is accurate, and knows a bit more then us." Andy walks around to the SUV and drives off to the hospital. He keeps thinking over details as he drives. Around 5 feet, dragon tattoo on the neck, hit me from the side, ran him off....

Gamgee
2010-12-29, 10:23 AM
Clark
Clark just watches the man go before he starts to investigate the area. He get's an early start as he is unsure if anyone else will be helping him.

GodGoblin
2010-12-30, 04:51 AM
Patrick
"Dont worry about it laddy, ol' Pats got your back" He says with a grin following behind Clark and flicks out his pen knife.

"Old building like this though, I must have heard about it at sometime.." Pat trails of as he tries to remember

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-31, 02:43 AM
[Hospital]

The hospital is pretty much average, sterile white and blue, a few potted ants and such. The nurse behind the desk, upon seeing Andy's wounds, immediately calls for a stretcher, and insists Andy sits down and waits for it to arrive.

[Library]

The search almost immediately turns up something interesting. The back room no longer contains the computers, records and unused books it should. Instead, it holds a couch, to chairs, a TV and three matresses left upon the floor, now home to countless bugs. It looks, in short, as if somebody has been living here, and recently. Further search turns up something een more fascinating, a small trapdoor built into the floorboards, hiding a cache of weapons, specificly a shotgun, two small pistols, and two clips of ammo. Silver ammo, all covered in dust, unlike the rest of the room, indicating that they haven't been used as recently as the other objects. This just gets weirder and weirder and weirder.

GodGoblin
2010-12-31, 04:58 AM
Patrick
"Ah this actually makes sense, I heard from a guy a while back that a friend of a friend of his, knew a guy who once met a guy who squatted here. I heard they were a bit off in the head, seriously into the supernatural, I thought it was all crazy but now im not sure.."

Pat walks around the filthy room and over to the weapons cache, picks up a pistol, checks its loaded and takes a clip of silvers too.

"Hey, does silver hurt ghosts? Theres so much lore on this stuff its hard to keep track! Oh and looking at this dump reminds me there were some seriously nasty killings around this area, not just the East Grocer murders either. This place had a rep"

Alth Falath
2010-12-31, 09:50 AM
Andy sits and waits patiently, glad that he'll soon be out of pain, and stitched up properly

Gamgee
2010-12-31, 03:45 PM
Clark
"Hmm... think we found everything? Or should we come back again after it's dark again and we have more time to look. Assuming we're going to look into this more. We could just back away now, and never get involved. Personally don't think I can just go back home and never think of this again."

Clark walks over to the weapons cache and grabs the shotgun and checks to make sure its loaded. "Oh yea got to love shotguns. I don't ****ing know about ghosts and silver. It could all be different now. Like nothing is like it seems, but from movies I know werewolves are usually beaten by silver. Oh god, does this mean there are ****ing paranormal things? Werewolves? Yeti? Aliens?"

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-01, 03:47 AM
[Library]

All the guns are loaded. This was cache obviously meant to be used at a moments notice.

[Hospital]

The stretcher arrives, and Andy is quickly taken care of, wound stitched up, antibiotics administered, ect. All in all, it will take seven hours to heal all of Andy's wounds, but nothings gonna keep him from feeling sore for a long time. Except painkillers.

Alth Falath
2011-01-01, 10:21 AM
Andy spends the next 8 or so hours high on painkillers and humming country songs to himself.

Sweet sweet hospital administered painkillers. I'm out of snyc, so I'll delay until the others catch up

GodGoblin
2011-01-03, 01:39 PM
Patrick
"Sadly I think you are right, we have stumbled on the knowledge that will stop us having a good nights sleep for the rest of our lives. Fan-Flipping-Tastic."

Pat strolls around the room pondering what to do next.

"Well im sure there is more of this place to see and the night is still young.." Pat says with a smirking grin on his face "C'mon lets see what else this place holds!"

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-04, 01:29 AM
The continued search turns up some very... Odd results. Also rather interesting. Gouges and scrapes, deep ones, left by something sharp, are all over the floor, even a few on the walls, although you didn't notice before because at first glance they just look like the floorboards are warped. You also notice the television isn't real. It's hollow, and inside is a thick, leatherbound book, as well as a smaller notebook of some sort. The first one looks new enough, if dirty, and the pages are too white for it to be an ancient tome, even if it does seem to be a imitation of one.

GodGoblin
2011-01-04, 03:49 AM
Patrick
"Well this place just gets wierder.. Im still pretty freaked about what made those marks earlier" Pat decides to pick up the book and examine the front cover "You think we should open it?"

Gamgee
2011-01-04, 01:09 PM
Clark
"Yea, let's see whats in it." As he says this he idly checks his watch for the time.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-05, 01:27 AM
The books cover is quite basic, and surprisingly honest. "Upon How To Summon That Which Should Not Be." It's 3:00 AM at the moment, and you're probably not in the best place to be at such an hour. Especially as none of you have a car except the guy who drove off by himself.

Gamgee
2011-01-05, 01:39 AM
Clark
"We better get going. I think we got the important stuff, and if we want we can come back later. I need to get to the hospital for these burns, and I don't think we should show them this stuff. How far away is your place? We could stash this stuff there for now, and then I could head up to hospital. Or if my place is closer we could stash it there. My phone number is 624-7882." Unsure if he has a cell phone or not he just writes it out on a piece of scrap paper and hands it to him.

GodGoblin
2011-01-05, 05:01 AM
"Right laddie, mines just a short while away above the courier depo we can put it all there no problem" Pat slides to book and guns into his backback and puts the phone number in a small compartment too. "Come on its this way, ill dump the bag then lets get these burns sorted, my hand is killing me"

Gamgee
2011-01-06, 10:00 AM
Clark
"Right let's get going. We don't want to be seen with this kind of stuff after three am that's for sure." With that he makes to gather whatever else was left in the stash and then he will head out to drop it off at his place.

GodGoblin
2011-01-06, 01:48 PM
Patrick
Patrick leads them back to the apartment at a brisk pace.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-07, 10:28 AM
The night is cold, bone-freezing gusts of air blowing through the streets. Still, nobody else seems to care to be about on a night like this, and you go unnoticed by the various criminals who normally lurk here. Patrick's apartment, when you reach it, isn't much warmer though, lacking heating and most everything else.

GodGoblin
2011-01-07, 10:42 AM
Patrick
"Here we are, the courier shop down below pays the rent out of my wages so its not much to look at, but its home" Pat runs off to his room and slides the bag under his bed before coming back out.

"So hospital then?"

Gamgee
2011-01-07, 10:01 PM
Clark
Dropping off what he was carrying he just replies "Yea, these burns need to be looked at before they worsen or get infected." Clark heads to the hospital.

Alth Falath
2011-01-09, 10:29 PM
Relieved to be stable and out of pain, Andy begins to gather his things. He carefully checks to make sure he has his wallet, keys, and assorted cards. Relieved that nothing was lost or misplaced, he does a few stretches and mental exercises. After reciting the prime numbers out to 113, he feels safe enough to drive and heads out to the car. He winces a bit as he gets in, having jostled his wounds a bit. He pats the book left in the passenger set. If this book works, it's a bargain, though quite a harsh one. Oh well, life comes as it goes. He starts the engine and heads out. Note: Go to police tomorrow, keep with official protocol, low profile is best.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-10, 01:31 AM
[Hospital]

As Clark and Patrick make their way towards the hospital, things seem different than before, shadows longer and more menacig, the glow of streetlights duller, and most of all, the streets are completely deserted. Voices, laughing, yelling, even a dog barking, can be heard, sometimes just around the corner, car headlights glowing in the distance, but they never see a soul, not even once. When they arrive at the hospital, which Andy left not a few minutes before, the lobby is empty, all except for the nurse at the desk. "Yes? How may I help you?"

[Road]

Andy, on the other hand, does see people, drinking, waiting, living, but for him, the night is strangely silent, not so much as a word in the distance, just the sound of cars rushing by. He passes right by Patrick and Clark, but they seem just like all the other silent figures, their faces covered in shadows.

GodGoblin
2011-01-10, 06:26 AM
Patrick
"Well this is pretty wierd, I think something is definatly wrong here" he whispers to Clark as they approach the desk starting to think he should have brought one of those guns "Erm, Hi there me and my friend here have some burns we need looking at.." He says to the receptionist while racking his brain for any info about 'other realms' or the similar

Gamgee
2011-01-10, 12:58 PM
Clark
"Ha ha... the insanity never ends. Think we're just delusional from injuries?" He didn't sound very hopeful at this idea.

Alth Falath
2011-01-10, 05:46 PM
Andy
Huh, my hearing wasn't wrong before. Something's odd here. Maybe we didn't manage to finish off the ghost and it's back. In either case, time to get to relative safety. He starts up the engine and then reaches in the back. After digging around for a little bit, he pulls out the butt of a rifle and positions it so that it can be easily removed from the pile of assorted stuff in the back seat. He then heads for home, keeping a close eye on his surroundings.

[roll0] Perception
[roll1] Extra dice

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-10, 05:59 PM
[Hospital]

The nurse responds almost before Patrick can finish speaking, voice monotone and devoid of emotion. "Third door on the left. Down the hall." She points to the door leading deeper into the hospital, then returns to reading her book, turning still as a statue, except for the flipping of page, after page, after page.

[Road]

Suddenly, but a few miles from Andy's home, something walks straight into the cars path, something human, the darkness obscuring all but it's outline for the brief second it can be seen, then with a jarring impact the car strikes it, and it falls away beneath the wheels.

Alth Falath
2011-01-10, 06:40 PM
Andy drives ahead for a little bit, then loops back around, aiming his brights at the thing that he just hit.

Gamgee
2011-01-10, 09:48 PM
Clark
"Uh, what... area of the hospital is that your sending us to? Just in case I have to call my family." He had his hand in his pocket and grasping his gun. Just in case.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-12, 12:03 AM
[Hospital]

"The Burn Unit. Third door down. On the left." The nurse says, voice still monotone, not looking up. The hallway is perfectly, gleamingly clean, as though nobody had ever used it. All the doors but one are locked, the third door on the left alone hanging open. The windows show nothing but pitch black night, small drops of moisture running down them from the cold winds outside, the only sound the steady whirring of the AC and the irregular rush of wind. It's freezing, Patrick and Clark's breath almost visible in the cold, cold lobby.

[Road]

A man lies in the road, deep red stains growing, blossoming his arm and lower torso, the former twist and stretched at a sickening, impossible angle, his face lying against the asphalt, obscured for the moment. His clothes are nice enough, or were before the accident, black-red blood now coating them like paint. He lets out a single, feeble moan of pain. Headlights in the distance rush by, and somewhere, far away, almost a flash of light can be seen as a bar door swings open and shut. But on the road Clark is alone except for the man, and the deafening silence.

GodGoblin
2011-01-12, 05:50 AM
Patrick
"Ah right, thanks" Pat goes to walk on but stop and turns back to the receptionist "So whats dat you readin' there then sweetheart?" turning the up the Irish accent and giving a wink in Clarks direction

Alth Falath
2011-01-12, 10:00 AM
Andy reaches into the back of the car and grabs a first aid kit. He heads out of the car, dialing 911 as he goes. He kneels down and prepares to do first aid with one hand, holding the phone and explaining in the other.

Throwing in a willpower
[roll0] Medicine
[roll1] Bonus die

Gamgee
2011-01-12, 11:48 AM
Clark
Clark just facepalms. "Let's just get going."

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-12, 08:29 PM
[Hospital]

The nurse doesn't even acknowledge Patrick's comment, instead putting down the magazine and reaching for the phone, picking it up just ad it beguns to ring. "Yes?"

[Road]

"Yes?" a monotone, emotionless voice responds. Whoever or whatever is on the line listens to the explanation, then speaks again. "Sanctuary Hospital, 104 Willow Avenue." There is a click, as whoever it is hangs up. The man is not helped much by the first aoid, the damage is simply too great, his arm and lower torso almost entirely crushed. In the distance, just a short cut through the gulley, a sign flickers. "Sanctuary Hospital".

[Hospital]

The nurse puts the phone down, and returns to reading.

GodGoblin
2011-01-13, 06:40 AM
Patrick
"Yeah this definitely isnt right, no normal woman would have ignored that" he says to Clark as he makes his way forward. "This wont end well im telling ya" Pat says as he looks through the door

Gamgee
2011-01-13, 09:41 AM
Clark
Clark just follows Pat.

Alth Falath
2011-01-13, 03:18 PM
Andy sighs. Something seems wrong here. The hospital didn't send out an ambulance, and it's far too convenient that there's one nearby. It seems that he wasn't quite free of the nightmare quite yet. He goes back to the car and flattens the seat, leaving a flat space. Then he very carefully lifts the man up, watching to make sure he doesn't bend him too much, and places him in the back. He then drives over to the hospital, and pulls up to the emergency room entrance.
[roll0]

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-14, 01:14 AM
[Hospital]

The hallway, as mentioned before, is almost unearthly clean, the only light ciming from, the lamps hanging overhead, casting a dim circle of light, surrounded by shadows that shift and swirl with each swing of the lights, as though they were alive. The room holds two beds, perfectly made up, surrounded by all kinds of machinery, complex and alien in design, sharp, gleaming blades protruding from mechanical hands, tinted by just the smallest amount of red, almost seeming to hint at their function. A single, solitary window shows nothing but darkness.

[Roads]

The man is set on the back seat, putting up no resistance but a single moan. As the car begins to roll along the road, there is a sudden lurch, the car almost swerving into the gulley, but Andy's driving skills just barely keep it on course. The night is suffocating now, the dark so thick and impenetrable that all that can be seen is the small area illuminated by the headlights, and the hospital in the distance, almost as though the rest of the world was gone.

Alth Falath
2011-01-14, 09:29 AM
Andy spends the entire ride cursing, with his rifle seated next to him. He tries desperately to figure out what could be causing this issue.
[roll0]

GodGoblin
2011-01-14, 09:31 AM
Patrick
"This doesnt look like a burn ward to me" he says to clark before shouting into the room "Hello? Anyone there?"

Gamgee
2011-01-14, 10:11 AM
Clark
"Right, well the question is how do we get out of this hellhole? This isn't any Hospital I've been to." With that Clark draws his gun out of his pocket just to be on the safe side.

GodGoblin
2011-01-14, 10:15 AM
Patrick
"No argument from me, but the problem is I dont think we have been in the 'normal' realm since we left the library. Do you think the answer is further in the hospital? Or we could always head back to mine and take a look at that book, maybe it holds some answers?" Patrick says taking out his knife.

Gamgee
2011-01-14, 01:10 PM
Clark
"Ah yes let's just walk into this deadly room and let whatever the hell is here operate on us. Sure what could go wrong, no I think not. Let's head back and take a look at the book. Preferably fast." With that he makes to leave the Hospital with all due haste.

GodGoblin
2011-01-14, 01:39 PM
Patrick
"Yeah lets go" He makes his way out behind Clark trying to avoid any contact with the reception out front

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-15, 06:23 PM
[Hospital]

What receptionist? There certainly is no receptionist at the desk, in fact, the entire hospital is silent as the grave, as though it was abandoned. The door is not locked, swinging open easily, and revealing beyond.... Darkness. The night is pitch black, so dark that nothing is visible beyond a few feet away from the hospital's glowing lights, as though everything was gone. Then a second set of lights appear, a car, pulling up to the hospital.

[Road]

It is a long, harrowing drive, far longer then it should have been, every few seconds the wheels seem to strike a bump on the road, threatening to drag it out of control and into the gully, and then it's over, the hospital is just a few feet away, and the road has smoothed out.

Alth Falath
2011-01-16, 04:26 PM
Andy gets out of the car and heads for the emergency room doors, since they'd be more likely to have a stretcher, which would be significantly safer. He moves at a fast walk, keeping an eye on his surroundings and straining to find signs of movement.

[roll0] Perception
[roll1] Bonus die

GodGoblin
2011-01-16, 05:12 PM
Patrick
"Hey! Andy is that you? Please tell me you have some idea whats going on here!" He says waiting by the door for Andy to come in

Gamgee
2011-01-16, 10:32 PM
Clark
"Hopefully it's him, and not some demonic thing impersonating him." Clark was just suspiciously looking at him. "If it IS you, good to see you though."

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-17, 03:08 AM
[Hospital]

Shadows flicker and dart menacingly at the edges of Andy's vision, but they are just that, shadows, nothing more. What is more disturbing is how silent the hospital is. The background noise of the AC, the clicking of a fan in the background.... ANd nothing else.

Alth Falath
2011-01-17, 11:16 PM
"Yea, something's wrong here. This place seems to be another cursed site. Guess I should look around and see what's going on. Wonder if the person in the car is even real. Might as well check"
Andy looks around for a little bit to try and find a stretcher, then heads back to the car to check on his passenger (and get his rifle)

[roll0] Perception
[roll1] Bonus die

Gamgee
2011-01-18, 12:29 AM
Clark
"I wonder if this thing can even die from getting shot? Are our bodies somewhere at the burning building? Or do we have to go all Gandalf and be 'go back to the shadows!' on it."

GodGoblin
2011-01-18, 06:52 AM
Patrick
"Well it certainly bled last time, have you got silver ammo on you? That could give us an edge" He says looking down at his penknife really wishing he had something bigger

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-18, 07:54 PM
[Car]

The passenger.... Is gone? He's quite simply nowhere to be found. A rustling, in the woods catches Andy's hearing though. Someone moving breathing heavily, trying to be quiet, but, it sounds just a tiny bit... Off....

[Hospital]
A sound. Footsteps, light, but noticeable, something clicking against the floor with each step, claws, nails, who knows. Moving towards the door, towards Patrick and Clark. Moving fast.

Alth Falath
2011-01-18, 11:30 PM
"Oh goodie." Andy quickly goes into the truck and gets his rifle out. He flips on the scope and scans around him, rifle ready to take down the creature.

Using thermal scope to check area around me
[roll0] Perception
[roll1]

GodGoblin
2011-01-19, 05:25 AM
Patrick
"Oh crap" Pat gets closer to Clark as the sound approaches, him having a gun and all. "There must be something about this place, a murdered nurse out for revenge, a torn up patient must be something"

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-20, 01:19 AM
[Woods]

Nothing. The woods are dead silent now, and nothing moves, except the man from before. He's lying against a tree now, about twenty feet from the truck, not moving, not even a bit.

Alth Falath
2011-01-20, 10:28 AM
Alright, mental checklist time.
Hospital: empty and quiet
Woods: empty, possibly monster that doesn't show up on heat vision
Injured guy: Managed to move away from car, but is now not moving.
Sit rep: I have no fraking idea
Solution: rescan woods, then car, then proceed to depart, as this doesn't seem to be normal reality. Thick metal SUV=good plan

[roll0]
[roll1]
Yea, Andy does in fact think that methodically in unknown situations

Gamgee
2011-01-20, 01:13 PM
Clark
"Well, I still think our best bet is to see if that book is there, or even see if we can get to it."

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-21, 01:20 AM
[Hospital]

The sound... Stops. The door swings open to reveal... The same empty hallway as before. Then, a slow, screeching sound, nail upon glass, is heard behind Clark and Patrick, coming from the window.

[Woods]

Just then the man coughs, a hacking, dying sound. He's still alive. But he won't be if left untreated for long.

GodGoblin
2011-01-21, 07:04 AM
Patrick
"That cant be good, but you think Andy will let us use his car to get back to mine?" He says turning around to look at the noise.

"Hey Andy! you out there? We need a ride!"

Gamgee
2011-01-21, 10:44 PM
Clark
"Uh..... ****... I say we make a break for it in the car. He has that big ass rifle, I have a cap gun. He'll probably be fine until we can get back to him. Hopefully that book will explain something. How good of a driver are you?" Clark is making his way towards the vehicle with his gun at the ready.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-23, 01:37 AM
As Patrick turns to the window he catches a fleeting glimpse of a horrible, twisted vision, a human faces but covered in blood matted fur, mouth impossibly wide in a sickening smile. Then it's in the doorway, rushing at him, pouncing, sending him to the ground, wicked claws carving vicious wounds into his side and stomach as it lets out a cruel laugh of savage delight and bloodlust.

5 points of Lethal damage.

Gamgee
2011-01-23, 02:53 AM
Clark
"**** this ****." He says this as he make a mad dash to get into the car. It was his only hope at this point.

Edit
Never mind, my crazy idea probably wouldn't work anyways.

GodGoblin
2011-01-23, 06:25 AM
Patrick lets out an agonising scream as he lies on the floor near to death. He cannot form any words, it either comes out as screaming or gargling.

Ive now taken 7/8 points of lethal damage, is there really much I can do?

Alth Falath
2011-01-23, 12:02 PM
Andy curses and heads back into the hospital. I didn't see anyone there, but maybe if I get lucky, there'll be someone hidden. He walks through the front door and then listens intently, following any hint of a living presence.

[roll0]
[roll1]

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-23, 08:02 PM
Andy hears two sounds, together forming a duet of the dying, and the hungry, each terrifying in it's own way. The first, Patrick's scream of pain and fear, the second, the beast's horrific, bloodthirsty laughter, the victorious battlecry of a killer revelling in it's work, a primordial, terrifying sound that triggers a instinct burned into his ancestor's minds millenia ago. The instinct to flee, or die.

And even as Andy steps inside the hospital to the sight of Clark fleeing for his life to the car, the beast reaches down, grabs Patrick by the neck, and begins to strangle him. It's hands interlock around his throat as it crushes the life from his body with unholy, unnatural strength, claws scoring thin lines of blood across his neck as it's grip tightens, and his breath begins to falter. Now that it's stopped to finish it's deadly work, Patrick can see the creature clearly, although it's likely no comfort. A row of long, yellowed teeth stretches almost ear to ear across the creatures face, forming a twisted, crooked grin, above that two sightless, bloody sockets and a canine nose, blood and snot pouring down from them to it's mouth. It's entire body is covered in fur, matted by blood and filth, smelling like something dead and rotting, it's fingers end in claws, and it's legs are leen and muscular, built for speed, built for hunting. It's feet though, are simply not there, it's legs ending in charred, bloody stumps, and it seems to hover just a fraction above the floor as it continues to squeeze the breath from his lungs.

Alth Falath
2011-01-23, 08:19 PM
Andy takes careful aim at the beats head and fires carefully, aiming for the head.

13 Dice + 3 for willpower - 3 for headshot -2 for ally in melee
+1 Damage for hollowpoints
[roll0] Attack
[rollv]6d10[rollv] Bonus die

Alth Falath
2011-01-23, 08:20 PM
[roll0] Rerolls
[roll1] Bonus die

So a grand total of 5 points of head damage. Not too shabby

Gamgee
2011-01-23, 09:17 PM
Clark
"Let's see how the beastie likes this." Clark hops into the car and revs it starting it up. He turns the car sharply and drives at the creature to ram into it.
OOC:
If there is a good chance I might hit one of them by doing this let me know, and I'll probably do something else. Otherwise it's time to get some roadkill on. What would I roll? Also would it be harder to succeed if I was trying to just hit the beast and not them? Or is there enough room that there would be no significant penalty? Also not sure if I can do this in a single round.

GodGoblin
2011-01-24, 05:44 AM
Patrick continues to scream with tears rolling down his face, he repeadedly slices his knife into the creatures ribs while trying to fight off choking with the other hand.

New rolls done OOC

GodGoblin
2011-01-24, 05:47 AM
Bonus dice for Athletic roll [roll0]

Bonus dice for Occult roll [roll1]

Gamgee
2011-01-24, 11:30 AM
Clark
Realizing how futile it would be to try and hit this thing through the doors and keep Patrick alive, Clark is forced to turn around right before he was about to leave. He lets off a shot at the creature with the tiny revolver. It was now or never, he resolved to himself he would live through this.

[roll0]

OOC: Ignore my last post, I had no idea what was going on, just assume I didn't get in the car. This is what I'm actually going to do. Spending a willpower point to aid in my attack.

Gamgee
2011-01-24, 11:32 AM
10 again rolls.
[roll0]
[roll1]

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-25, 12:56 AM
Andy's shot hits it's mark, slamming it's way into the back of the creatures skull, through the brain and out again, leaving a bloody, grey matter stained hole in it's head. It's grip on Patrick's neck slackens... Then tightens once more, the beast somehow, horrificly alive, blood pourong from it's chest as it continues to hold it's iron grip upon Patrick's throat, his lungs beginning to burn now from lack of air as he slashes at the beast's chest, blood splattering over him and his weapon, but failing to even faze the beast. Then, another shot, this time from Clark, returning to the battle he fled. The beast's sightless eyes don't even twitch as it's grip loosens once more, and it slumps to the ground, landing on top of Patrick.

Gamgee
2011-01-25, 01:13 AM
Clark
Before he bothers to help Patrick up from underneath the beast Clark runs over to the things head and let's loose emptying the rest of his clip into the things head. If it's head is goo then into where he thinks it heart is. BAM, BAM, BAM the three shots echo through the empty hallways.

GodGoblin
2011-01-25, 06:12 AM
With a grunt Pat throws off the beast and lies there panting heavily not caring that hes covered in filth, just that hes alive.

"Thought you left me for a second there" He says to the others in between breaths

Alth Falath
2011-01-25, 09:50 AM
While Clark goes and helps Pat, Andy keeps an eye out for any other monsters. "I'm getting kind of tired of these things," he mutters to himself.

Gamgee
2011-01-25, 10:00 AM
Clark
Clark reloads his gun after going nuts on the things face. "Right, no more wasting time, we got to get to that book and find out what's going on. I doubt we will survive much more of this ****. Also yea, your welcome Pat, don't know what came over me." Clark is waiting to see if the others are going to agree on reading the book and if there going now.

GodGoblin
2011-01-25, 11:05 AM
"Yeah lets go get that book" pat says trying to get up and make his way to the car while clutching his chest "Anyone got any bandages? Im pretty torn up here"

Alth Falath
2011-01-25, 12:07 PM
"Not on me, but I have a first aid kit in the car. There's also either a person or another part of the illusion out there, I can't quite tell yet."

Gamgee
2011-01-25, 03:38 PM
Clark
"No time for first aid, we need to get out of here right away and get to the book. We can rest up and get to an actual hospital after this is all over."

Alth Falath
2011-01-25, 04:30 PM
"Works for me." Andy heads back to his car, covering Pat and Clark. He goes for the car to get it started, looking around carefully for more creatures, as well as his injured passenger.

Gamgee
2011-01-25, 05:26 PM
Clark
"Shotgun" Grabs the front passenger seat.

GodGoblin
2011-01-26, 05:19 AM
Patrick climbs in the back of the car searches for the first aid kit and starts wrapping his chest with a bandage during the drive. "You know lads for a group of gun toting maniacs your bedside manner could do with some work"

Alth Falath
2011-01-26, 09:39 AM
"Places I've been lad, we don't worry too much about fixing things."

GodGoblin
2011-01-26, 09:51 AM
"Oh, where is that anyway? Actually come to think of it who are you people? Weve been through a lot together but all I know is your first name and the fact you like shoot things." He leans back in the seat still out of breath

"Im Patrick by the way, I enjoy long walks, a romantic meal and really enjoy dairy" He says to Andy with a wink.

Gamgee
2011-01-26, 10:08 AM
Clark
"Good joke, people always seem to expect authors to be as verbose in real life. Always a shock when they turn out to be pretty normal. As for the guns? Best defense is always an offense. Though to be honest I've never had to fire at a live target until today."

Alth Falath
2011-01-26, 10:08 AM
"Andy Willit, from the midwest. Can't say I 'like' to shoot things, it's just that I've come up against some things that needed removing. Nothing quite to the level of what we've seen tonight, but some days you just gotta take things in stride and take down monsters. And even rarer, that's a literal statement. My hobbies include big game hunting and running multimillion dollar companies."

GodGoblin
2011-01-26, 10:32 AM
"Well im a courier for the local shop and barely scrape minimum wage but all of that doesnt seem so important any more. Anyway les get this book!"

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-26, 02:27 PM
As the heroes get into the car, something shifts, and from behind every tree, every trashcan, every open door, shadows detach from larger shadows and dart away, flowing across the ground and fleeing into the night. At the same time, the world itself seems to change, the night becoming brighter, less like a endless void as the dim lights of sings and streetlamps appear in the distance, revealing the city beyond the hospital, a sprawling maze of streets and buildings, winding together in a ever more complex pattern, a web of lights and shadows. But, even as the illusion fades, somethings remain the same. Things look... Slanted, menacing, sinister. Seemingly the only things that dont' change are the heroes, and the injured man, still leaning against a tree behind them.

Gamgee
2011-01-26, 03:39 PM
Clark
"Good to know we're still in nutty land. What about him? He doesn't exactly look like an illusion." He points backwards with his thumb over at the guy leaning against the tree.

GodGoblin
2011-01-26, 03:43 PM
"Yeah I think he may trapped in this hell hole too" Pat says out of the car window "Hey is he moving?"

Wargor
2011-01-26, 04:07 PM
Gabriel's eyes flutter open, a loud, pain filled groan emerging from deep within his chest. He looks around groggily, eyes slightly unfocused from the pain of his injuries. Seeing the car and the men stood next to it, he calls out, just the simple effort causing a grimace of pain to form on his face.

"Hey! You guys! Help me. Please." He tries to push himself up into a more comfortable position, looking over his body and cataloguing the damage.

GodGoblin
2011-01-26, 06:19 PM
"Holy crap hes alive!" Pat gets out the car and staggers over to the guy. "Its ok were here to help, whats your name buddy?"

Wargor
2011-01-26, 06:24 PM
"Gabriel. Gabriel Swan. What's yours?" Bracing himself with his hand, Gabriel attempts to push himself to his feet, leaning heavily against the tree.

Alth Falath
2011-01-26, 06:41 PM
Andy keeps a close eye out for any monsters sneaking in, as well as half an eye on "Gabriel."

[roll0] Perception
[roll1]

Gamgee
2011-01-26, 08:49 PM
Clark
Clark stays half standing and sitting at the side door of the car "Clark Bannon here, what did you do snort some bad pixie dust or something? Because I'm really regretting the library thing right about now."

GodGoblin
2011-01-27, 04:59 AM
"Tell me about it. Im Patrick O'Donnell by the way, now can we please get the hell out of here, one Chesire cat was enough I dont want to see another one" Patrick helps up Gabriel and makes then gets back into the back seat of the car.

Wargor
2011-01-27, 08:20 AM
Accepting Patricks hand, Gabriel hauls himself fully upright, looking at them warily. "Thanks. I was out looking for a cheap place to stay when I saw...something. Not sure what it was, but I knew it was trouble, so I followed it. Next thing I know, I'm under the wheels of some crazy ass driver...driving a truck that looks a lot like this one..." His eyes widen and he steps backwards. "It was you lot, you ran me over!"

GodGoblin
2011-01-27, 08:39 AM
"Hey! Dont look at me, I walked here!" Pat exclaims

Alth Falath
2011-01-27, 10:34 AM
"Hey, I wasn't the one who did a Children of the Corn impression into the road. Sides, all told, I was rather cursed at the moment. Anyhow, let's get out of here, and take you to a monster-free hospital. On the way, can someone read the book and give us a better view of what we're up against?"

Gamgee
2011-01-27, 11:57 AM
Clark
"We still need to actually get the book. Pat will show you where his place is, just hope we don't have to kill anything else tonight."

GodGoblin
2011-01-27, 01:15 PM
"Yeah come on, I wouldnt be against picking up some more fire power either" He straps in wincing as the belt presses against his chest "Ok turn left at the end of this road.."

Wargor
2011-01-27, 01:35 PM
Gabriel hobbles over to the car, getting in the back and strapping in, slinging his duffel bag onto the middle seat. "I'm only coming with you cos you're the only ones this crazy stuff is happening to as well. Now what did you mean about killing things? What's happening out there?"

Alth Falath
2011-01-27, 05:33 PM
"Ah, you meant a different book then the one I had in the back."

Gamgee
2011-01-28, 10:44 AM
Clark
"Oh yea, way different than that one. Me and Pat stayed behind to look for any evidence, we found this weird book there. We were both tired and wounded, so decided to wait until tomorrow to look at it. After a trip to the Hospital, but we know how that turned out.

Alth Falath
2011-01-28, 10:56 AM
"Right, like the weird book I picked up there, dealing with the removal of unwanted spirits and the like?"

GodGoblin
2011-01-28, 11:07 AM
"Aye its 'To Summon That Which Should Not Be' Looks like the real deal too, either way it might hold answers. We found guns too!" He says to Gabriel trying to help fill him in. "Actually that reminds me, what was that package I meant to deliver? We better get that open when we get back too."

During the drive Pat gives Andy directions to reach the apartment, once there he leads the way, opens the door and rushes into the bedroom to grab his bag. On the table he lays out the guns, book and parcel.

"So boys, lets see what we got here shall we?" And he unwraps the box he asked to deliver to the library.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-28, 11:54 PM
The package holds a book, old and poorly treated. "The East Grocer Killings, a True Story" is the title, and on the bottom left corner a small rectangle of paper is affixed, containing the words "Charity Library", the adress of the building where it was meant to be dropped, and a bar code.

Wargor
2011-01-29, 06:48 AM
Gabriel glances over Pat's shoulder, looking at the books title. "Well, if that isn't ominous I don't know what is. Cmon, crack it open."

GodGoblin
2011-01-29, 01:01 PM
"Here you take it, Ive had my eye in this bad boy for a while now" He says handing the book to Gabriel and folding open the cover to 'Upon How To Summon That Which Should Not Be'

Wargor
2011-01-29, 01:20 PM
"Thanks." Gabriel takes the book and finds a chair, getting as comfortable as he can before opening the book and sitting back to read.

Gamgee
2011-01-29, 05:24 PM
Clark
Clark reloads his gun "Just in case we summon that which shouldn't be. Personally I'm going to have to do some research online to see what else I can find out about this crazy library and who rebuilt it. Perhaps they had some freaky occurrences as well? Either way, I'll need to start by reading the east grocers book." He holds out his hand for the book.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-30, 03:05 AM
"Upon How to Summon That Which Whould Not Be" is... Bizzare, to say the least. It holds page upon page of strange, paradoxical diagrams of pentacles and summoning circles, horrific depictions of nightmarish beasts, and unreadble runes, but below each line of symbols is a neat english translation, each diagram is followed by a step by step set of instructions on how to draw it, each picture is handily labelled, with latin and english names for the creature depicted. One picture should be especially familar to Patrick. "The Wendigo", a picture of the exact same beast that mauled him. The text though, despite the translations, definitions and footnotes, is still hard to grasp, written in such a way that the words themselves seem to defy bei g read. Deciphering this would take time.

The other book is equally disturbing, in it's own way. It is only somewhat about Albert Codwell, the East Grocer killings, and the trial. The true subject manner is the area upon which East Grocer was built. More people went missing in that small area than any other two blocks combined, and killings there were far more common than anywhere else. It also retells many stories, some from before the East Grocer incident, some after, of hauntings, strange sightings, all sorts of other bizzare happenings. It also mentions that Albert, under a new name, returned to East Grocer, and lived the rest of his life in the house opposite and one house to the left. However, what is most suspicious about it is the checkout log on the inside cover. The two most recent people to check it out: Patrick O'Donnell, and Albert Codwell.

Wargor
2011-01-30, 06:07 AM
Gabriel sits staring at the book, deep in thought, before his head snaps up to look at Patrick. "You've never been to that library before? Never checked this book out before, right?"

GodGoblin
2011-01-30, 07:26 AM
"Wait. What? No ive never been near that place, not only is this getting ceepy but now its very personal" Pat stops and looks at the names in the book and lets out what sounds like a whimper. "Oh jees, so have we heard of that other guy? Finding out who he is should provide some more answers."

With a sigh he goes back to his book "Looks like we just mauled by a Wen..dee..go. Wendigo, nasty stuff in here its going to take me a while to figure it all out but hopefully it can help us if we run into anymore of these critters. I got some Cola and beers in the fridge, help yourselves."

He sits cross legged on his bed and starts to flick through the book

Gamgee
2011-01-30, 11:39 AM
Clark
"Do you have a computer here Pat? I didn't bring mine from my place."

GodGoblin
2011-01-30, 11:54 AM
"I wish! I can barely afford keep this place running" Pat says looking up from the book.

Dont you have a laptop on your character sheet?

Wargor
2011-01-30, 12:12 PM
Gabriel sits back, rubbing his hand over his eyes. "So what have we got here. A place filled with murders, disappearances and supernatural sightings. Then some kind of demon attacks? And it's all somehow linked to this Albert Codwell guy? Guys, I don't know about you, but I'm feeling a little out of my depth. I've seen scary crap before, but it's always been something physical. This, this is different."

GodGoblin
2011-01-30, 02:52 PM
"Wait.. You have seen stuff before!? That makes you our leading expert on the stuff im afraid. And as for physical the Wendigo was certainly bloody physical!" Pat takes a deep breath and lies back.
"But yeah this is way too deep, sadly we dont have a choice. I thought we were just unlucky but seeing my name in that book gives me the feeling this wont go away. So what do we have so far? How could these murders be connected to the monsters and 'shadow realm' thing?"

Wargor
2011-01-30, 03:29 PM
"Yeah, I've seen things. Lost family members in monstrous ways. My sister. My uncle. I knew I was gonna go the same way, I guess now might be the time. But that doesn't mean we give up. I say we cut straight to the heart of this thing and rip it out. Who's with me?" Gabriel's voice is full of barely concealed emotion, as his hands tighten into fists.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-31, 01:04 AM
Progress on the book is slow, but interesting. The two pages upon the Wendigo are especially fascinating, and although Pat still has some trouble reading it, he manages to make out two things. The first is that a Wendigo is a horrific being, a spirit of famine and greed that possesses those who have turned to cannibalism, transforming them into horrible monsters that eternally hunger for human flesh. The second is more disturbing. Once a Wendigo chooses a victim, it will stalk them forever and without pause until they flee it's territory, or are slain.

GodGoblin
2011-01-31, 06:02 AM
"This thing is a seriously nasty piece of work, lucky we killed it. Apparantly it never stops stalking its victim and follows it relentlessly" Pat says with a tremmor in his voice as he imagines the beast following him. "Its like a furry terminator!" He chuckles.

He continues to read on learning about creatures and specifically there weaknessess for as long as the others are continuing their research

Wargor
2011-01-31, 08:08 AM
"So what do we do now? This has all got to be tied to this... Albert Codwell guy. Could he be the source of it? If so we need to find out more about him." Gabriel flicks through the book, searching for as much information as he can about the murderer.

Alth Falath
2011-01-31, 10:09 AM
"Any description of what the Wendigo turns the cannibals into? That might explain what we fought in the library, as well as solve the mystery. Would be rather handy if the murderer was murdered and cursed to become a spirit, then destroyed by us."

GodGoblin
2011-01-31, 10:19 AM
"From what I gather the canibal becomes a Wendigo. The Wendigo doesnt turn people into other things as far as I can tell. So the library things are seperate I believe"

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-31, 11:49 PM
The book contains some interesting facts about Wendigos, as well as some bad news. A Wendigo has complete control over it's territory, and it can manipulate every rock, every tree, every building within it. What makes it truely fearsome though is that it can only be slain if a silver stake is driven through it's heart of ice, shattering it, and the shards are then buried in holy ground while the body is burned to ash and scattered to the winds.

The other book holds surprisingly little about Albert Codwell before he started East Grocers, saying only that he once claimed to be a medium and capable of talking to spirits, and that he ran an unsuccessful diner before starting the grocer, called the Blue Chicken Diner.

GodGoblin
2011-02-01, 07:00 AM
Patrick's face suddenly drops "A..Andy? Being rich and all you would have silver in the house right? ...And Gasoline?" He jumps off the bed throws the book into his back pack. "Right everyone up! This wendigo isnt dead, its alive and still hunting us. Also it has complete control over its land so that might explain the shadow realm. We need silver, gasoline and access to a church NOW" His face is stricken with panic and fear, you can see beds of sweat forming on his brow.

Alth Falath
2011-02-01, 11:18 AM
"Sadly, I'm not surprised at this point. Let's get back to the car and head over, I'm pretty sure I have something we can use to slay the Wendigo."

Wargor
2011-02-01, 12:21 PM
Gabriel nods, pushing himself to his feet with a grunt. He stows the East Grocer book in his duffel bag, and slings it over his shoulder. "Ready when you are."

Gamgee
2011-02-01, 11:19 PM
Clark
Clark heads into the back and loads up the shotgun they found earlier with the silver rounds. "Well, someone knew what they were doing. Let's get going, afterwords I need to stop at my place and grab my car and laptop" He menacingly reloads the shotgun and listens to the satisfying click. After this he quickly follows the others.

GodGoblin
2011-02-02, 05:13 AM
"Thanks fellas, lets go." Pat says as he grabs the two pistols laid on the desk and outs one in his bag.

Alth Falath
2011-02-02, 10:57 AM
"Works for me." Andy takes the group out to his SUV, loads everyone up, and drives off to his mansion. He keeps his rifle ready in the passenger seat, safety on, but otherwise ready to go.

ThirdEmperor
2011-02-03, 10:22 AM
The roads are less menacing, now that dawn is slowly breaking, and a few people, mainly drunks and vagrants, can even be seen on the streets as you make your way towards Andy's mansion. The mansion is a sprawling, tastefully decorated affair, nothing victorian, heck, there's even a few cows grazing in the fields.

GodGoblin
2011-02-03, 01:36 PM
"Wow. This place is crazy! Are those cows!? I cant even afford to keep a goldfish, but hey I have a new furry friend following me wherever I go so I cant really complain"

Alth Falath
2011-02-03, 06:00 PM
"Luck of the family, I suppose. Anyway, let's get inside and find some silver." Andy pulls up to the garage, hits the garage door opener, and pulls inside. He gets out and heads for the dining room, figuring the family silverware'd work until something else came along."

GodGoblin
2011-02-04, 05:46 AM
"Sounds good, it says we need a stake but I cant see how a silver knife wont do the same job, then we just need some gas, a lighter and holy ground." Pat says trialing Andy while reading from the book.

Alth Falath
2011-02-04, 09:56 AM
"Figure the stake is just a general term for thing driven into the heart. If not, it'd prove a good temporary solution."

Gamgee
2011-02-04, 02:16 PM
Clark
"I thought just silver of any kind would kill something. Or am I loading silver rounds into this for nothing?"

ThirdEmperor
2011-02-05, 02:39 AM
The silverware is a bit old, and the collection was long ago thinned out by a ancestor with a gambling habit and a visit to the local pawnshop, but it is nonetheless sufficient, providing several spoons and knives, a handful of forks, and even a set of identical silver shishkebab skewers. The the panicked moos of several cows can be heard now, along with the sound of a long, drawn out howl, the hunting cry of a wolf.

GodGoblin
2011-02-05, 06:23 AM
"Well maybe if the silver bullet shatters it heart it mi- ...Oh no" Patrick puts the book in his bag, draws his pistol, grabs a silver skewer and tucks the spare pistol in his waist band. "Has everyone got something silver? Remember, aim for the heart"

Wargor
2011-02-05, 06:26 AM
"Damn, I think we're out of time." Gabriel grabs one of the skewers, drawing a pistol from beneath his jacket with the other hand. "This ain't gonna work."

GodGoblin
2011-02-05, 06:54 AM
"Now we know how to kill it we just have to hit. We have done it before, it just.. Got back up" They were surprisingly brave words for a self confessed coward in a flop sweat.

Alth Falath
2011-02-05, 12:33 PM
Andy heads for the windows. Opening one, he does a quick sweep of what's outside.

Plans to shoot the thing till it temporary stops, then finish it.
[roll0] Perception
[roll1] A few extra dice

ThirdEmperor
2011-02-05, 05:04 PM
Nothing. Outside of the mansion, nothing stirs but the cows, shifting clumsily from foot to foot, obviously agitated by something, but there's nothing else there. In the distance the trees sway slightly with the wind, making a sort of howling sound, close enough to a beast's cry that Andy might have simply mistaken it for a wolf.

Alth Falath
2011-02-05, 06:04 PM
"Alright folks, here's the plan. We gather in the family room, since it has the best view through windows and few sight obstructions. We stay together until things calm down, then figure out how to get something closer to a stake, unless this things coming in fast."
Andy flips the safety and leads the way into the family room, sweeping the room with his thermal scope before leading the others in.

[roll0] Perception
[roll1] Extra dice

Gamgee
2011-02-05, 06:26 PM
Clark
"Would a church have something like that? I know this is the modern century here, but there's all sorts of conspiracy's that they still exorcise ghosts and other weird crap. Could be worth a shot." He says this while following Andy into the room.

ThirdEmperor
2011-02-06, 02:37 AM
The scan with the thermal scope tunes up nothing, and the house is silent as the grave now, except for the footsteps of Andy, Gabriel, Patrick and Clark as they move towards the main room. There is... Something though. A chill in the air, unnatural on a sunny day like this, and the smell of animals, quite strong, too strog to be attributed to the severed heads of beasts that line the walls, glassy, frozen eyes staring eternally forward.

GodGoblin
2011-02-06, 11:49 AM
"Oh man this is tense, why cant this thing just eat us already. But as for the church we just need to bury its heart on holy ground, doesnt even need to be a church if there is anything else around here?" Pat says following Andy wiping his forehead with his sleeve

Gamgee
2011-02-07, 11:51 AM
Clark
"Let's just go with the worse case scenario. Where is the closest church? Also what happens if it doesn't work? Do we have to perpetually fight this thing off?" Clark is scanning the room with his shotgun looking for any unusual movement.

Wargor
2011-02-07, 12:47 PM
Gabriel moves into the room, covering on of the potential entrances with his pistol. "There must be plenty of churches nearby, problem is, how quickly do we have to dispose of this thing before it just gets back up again? Maybe we should lure it onto holy ground first?"

Alth Falath
2011-02-07, 01:30 PM
"Closest church is a few miles down the road, this is God's country after all. Given how long it took it to chase us down, figure we have a while from when it goes down until it can come back up, especially if someone keeps an eye on it. Sides, if we pop out the heart, that's all we need, correct?"

Wargor
2011-02-07, 02:45 PM
"I wouldn't put any of this down as a safe bet. For all we know the book is a loud of bull." Gabriel sighs, obviously tired and hurt. "But it's all we've got to go on."

Alth Falath
2011-02-07, 03:38 PM
"Worst comes to worst, once we shoot it enough, it may give up long enough for us to find a more permanent solution."

ThirdEmperor
2011-02-08, 12:09 AM
Something passes by the window, a blur, moving to fast to get a good glimpse of, then by another, this time slow enough that you all get a glimpse of teeth, claws and bloody fur. Suddenly, the sound of an animal, filled with pain and fear, rings out, and a tangle of legs, fur and blood flies through one of the windows, shattering it and crashing into the room.

Alth Falath
2011-02-08, 09:12 AM
Andy tracks it with his gun for a second, trying to tell if it was the wendigo or just a bluff.

ThirdEmperor
2011-02-08, 10:17 AM
It's lucky that Andy waited a moment, because it is indeed not the Wendigo. A cow, covered in blood and lifeless, throat torn to shreds, lies on the floor. Outside, a sound, halfway between howling and laughter, echoes hollowly, but nothing more happens, and the chill slowly fades.

GodGoblin
2011-02-08, 06:11 PM
"Holy Shi- Oh man thats disgusting..." Pat reels back from the corpse shaking from adrenalin.

ThirdEmperor
2011-02-09, 12:34 AM
As the clock on the wall ticks through minutes, then hours, the chill continues to fade, but the alarms continue to ring, a cry of pain from one of the cows ringing out at times, breaking the steady monotony. Then, the alarms stop, and the chill slowly dies away completely. The sun is almost at it's peak in the sky now, and by now all four of you are starving, having skipped both lunch and dinner.

Gamgee
2011-02-09, 12:38 AM
Clark
"God damn it, I was hoping it would be stupid enough to charge in here and we could go Rambo on it. Hmm, wonder if this means it's afraid of the silver we have now? Either way, if it goes away in the daytime then we have some time to get some proper hunting gear. We already have you with the Elephant Gun over there, so we need to step it up to Indeterminable Creature Gun."

Wargor
2011-02-09, 03:57 AM
"What we need is a plan, we can't just stand here and wait for it to come to us, I say we go to it. Hunt the thing down. But we need some more heavy duty silver first." Gabriel turns to Andy. "Hey, got any silver plates we could melt down and form into a stake?"

Alth Falath
2011-02-09, 08:49 AM
"Might be easier just to go to a pawn shop I know downtown, they sell pretty big items, and some of it is of pretty high class. Should be easy to get enough silver there."

GodGoblin
2011-02-09, 09:57 AM
"Well thank God for that.. Pawn shop sounds like a good idea to me, Ive read the Wendigo section of this book over and over but ill keep on the research if you guys have a laptop?And seeing as we have all day until it comes back, how about some breakfast?" Pat says looking to Andy.

Alth Falath
2011-02-09, 11:48 AM
"Works for me. I'll just check the alarms and make sure nothing's moving around outside, then cook us up some breakfast and we'll map out our plan."
Andy goes over and checks the security monitor hidden behind an old map on the wall, then nods to himself.

Gamgee
2011-02-09, 01:01 PM
Clark
"I have an old beater and a laptop. Today we can swing by my apartment and grab them. I'll be able to help with the research much better then."

Alth Falath
2011-02-09, 01:18 PM
"Let's use mine, since it is here and the net's fast"

Gamgee
2011-02-09, 02:37 PM
Clark
"Yea, if I'm expected to kill demons and dragons I want my laptop with me. No offense, I'm sure your computer is probably better then mine."

GodGoblin
2011-02-09, 02:57 PM
"Sounds good to me, lets get the laptop fired then" Pat says rubbing his rumbling stomach