PDA

View Full Version : And in the Lawful corner.. We have.. :

vampire2948
2010-11-27, 04:43 PM
Hey all,

In an upcoming campaign, I will be playing a Lawful Evil character, who is far more lawful than she is Evil.

Expected build will be :

Crusader / Casting Class / [Phoenix Mage or Ruby Knight Vindicator or Psionic Custom PrC that is similar to the Phoenix Mage]

My character's goal in life is to find and destroy threats to a 'Gate' which leads to the place where Gods live etc.
The reasons for this are based on the God of the Pantheon that lives there which I follow.

Could you guys suggest lawful spells that are non-core which might be appropriate for me to cast? Their type doesn't matter much, as I will have access to arcane and divine magic through the party Artificer.

I am also stumped as to what I should summon. Demons/Devils are not appropriate to my character, Undead are banned, and Modrons/Inevitables probably don't exist in this campaign setting. Thoughts?

Thank you,
Vampire2948,

grimbold
2010-11-27, 05:00 PM
this really made me realize that lawful alginments lack lots of features others get.
protection from chaos may add nice flavor

Toliudar
2010-11-27, 05:07 PM
Protection from Chaos is a big one. Axiomatic storm is flavourful but not so powerful.

Re: summons. Formians are LN, but more or less suck. Talk with your DM about being able to apply an Axiomatic Creature template (I think the Planar Handbook has one, or adapt the fiendish template from the MM - not too hard to come up with something) to anything currently listed as LG or LE from the Summon Monster List.

Ernir
2010-11-27, 05:25 PM
There's a Calling line of spells in the SpC to summon Inevitables. Page 42.

Lawful Sword (SpC) is like Holy Sword, except Lawful. Can dip the Prestige Paladin (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/prestigiousCharacterClasses.htm#prestigePaladin) class to get it on a more powerful casting chassis.

Mechanus Mind (SpC) gives you a bonus on Intelligence checks and saves vs. mind-affecting, but a penalty on charisma checks. Sor/Wiz 2.