PDA

View Full Version : Well, just got a snowboard!

Keld Denar
2010-11-28, 01:39 AM
$800 US later, I am now the proud owner of a brand new Arbor snowboard (161 CM, Rockered), a set of Flow bindings, and a pair of Salomon boa boots. Given the snow that Seattle got last weekend, I'm super excited to get out on the slopes and cut it up. I love REI!

Any other snowboarders out there excited for the winter season?

arguskos
2010-11-28, 02:41 AM
Are skiers allowed in this thread? :smallredface:

If yes, then yeah, I'm definitely excited for the winter again. I want to get out there, do some skiing again. It's been a few years since I've skied and I love doing it, so I really hope to get out there, enjoy the feeling again.

thubby
2010-11-28, 02:54 AM
i used to snowboard, wrenched my knee like you wouldn't believe so my back leg couldn't do it's job.
now i skiboard (also known as snowblading depending on where you are)

Kjata
2010-11-28, 03:02 AM
$800 US later, I am now the proud owner of a brand new Arbor snowboard (161 CM, Rockered), a set of Flow bindings, and a pair of Salomon boa boots. Given the snow that Seattle got last weekend, I'm super excited to get out on the slopes and cut it up. I love REI!

Any other snowboarders out there excited for the winter season?

I'm near Seattle. You thinking about going to Stevens Pass, Baker, or Krystal?

Keld Denar
2010-11-28, 03:15 AM
I guess skiiers can post here. I don't think I can stop them!

Given that I'm in South Sound, probably Crystal. My buddy prefers Steven's Pass, but thats about a 30-45 minute drive just to his place, and then another 2ish hours. Crystal is only 1.5 hours from Federal Way.

Baker, IIRC, is up closer to Sedrow-Wooley, which is even further, I think.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-11-28, 04:53 AM
Yeah, I really like me snowboarding and/or skieing, it's just a damn shame this country is flat.:smalltongue:

Don Julio Anejo
2010-11-28, 05:17 AM
Woah, that is like, totally chill bro! Boarding is like, totally awesome! Just don't get high before you hit the powder bro.. :tongue:

Yeah, I board :smallsmile:

Keld Denar
2010-11-28, 03:49 PM
Yea...my work mandates regular 5 pannel DoT drug tests, so...none of that.

I bought a 5 day pass to Crystal Mt last night. I'm going for sure now! Maybe next weekend! I'm so excited!

Kjata
2010-11-28, 04:24 PM
Yea...my work mandates regular 5 pannel DoT drug tests, so...none of that.

I bought a 5 day pass to Crystal Mt last night. I'm going for sure now! Maybe next weekend! I'm so excited!

The drive to Stevens is well worth it... of the 3 I thought Crystal was by far the worst, followed by Baker and then Steven's at the top. But oh well, Crystal's still pretty nice.

I just like Stevens because snowboarding is way more fun at night, which I don't think is offered at Crystal.

CynicalAvocado
2010-11-28, 04:40 PM
i almost broke my ankle snowboarding. i bailed, broke the binding on one foot, and the board rotated(taking my other foot with it)

ForzaFiori
2010-11-28, 11:19 PM
Being from the southern US, there aren't many places around to ski/snowboard, but I try to go every chance I get (about 3, 4 times total). I wish I could find a way to do it more often, but driving way up into the mountains is way to far to be a regular thing.

Kjata
2010-11-29, 01:22 AM
Being from the southern US, there aren't many places around to ski/snowboard, but I try to go every chance I get (about 3, 4 times total). I wish I could find a way to do it more often, but driving way up into the mountains is way to far to be a regular thing.

My suggestion?

Move. Just pack up and go.

It's totally worth it :smallbiggrin:
Or maybe it's not, i don't know. You be the judge.

Keld Denar
2010-12-04, 11:22 PM
Just brought my baby home! Check it out!

http://i55.tinypic.com/o50y9s.jpg

littlebottom
2010-12-05, 01:18 AM
careful with that snowboard, if your not careful you might hurt yourself... and then end up giving it to a burly blond bloke who randomly walks into your house because you cant use it anymore, then he has to go off and have a pointless (yet fun) minigame as he snowboar---- aaaactually, thats FF7... ignore me:smalltongue::smallwink:

P.S. that is an awesome snowboard though:smallcool: