PDA

View Full Version : S&s Ic

Gray Mage
2010-11-28, 12:45 PM
The pleasant village of Waydale, far from the main roads and from the attention of the bigger city-states is drenched in fear. Once a peacefull farming village where the most interesting thing in town is the ocasional fistfight in the local tavern, now people, especially the children, are missing left and right in the midle of the night. The elder has decided that it's time to ask for outside help, but it might be weeks until help comes, so he's asking for volunteers, promising that whomever helps will be rightfully rerwarded. This bit of news has reached the ears of many travelers, from all sort of places and races, some seeking to help the town, others dreaming of the reward. No mattering the reason, they converge to the town hall.

OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9833284#post9833284)

Jjeinn-tae
2010-11-28, 08:44 PM
A Half-Orc stepped into the hall, clad in heavy metal banded armor and wielding weapons of obviously elven make. sheathed of course. He calls out, primarily to the elder but in a way that shows he is obviously wanting others to join him.

"I am Sir Rashduk Irontooth, Paladin of Elhonna and enemy of undead. I have heard of the disappearances and cannot stand idly by and leave these people to fend against whatever has taken them on their own. I will help you put a stop to this."

After his "speech," Rashduk glances around the hall to see if he has any allies.

Wannabehero
2010-11-28, 08:53 PM
A grizzled looking dwarf sits quietly at the rear of the great hall, intently studying the crowd as he methodically sharpens a dagger. The plate and chainmail of his armor rattles gently with each draw of blade across whetstone. His name is Garum Grimgauntlet, devoted warrior-cleric of Haela Brightaxe.

The bald, scruffy dwarf has come to this sleepy village, following the rumors of terror and fear. Now he waits for someone, anyone, to explain to him what is wrong, and where his blade might be best put to use.

The dwarven cleric stares intently at the imposing figure of the armor clad Half-orc who stepped into the hall. He senses the kinship of a fellow divine warrior in the stranger. When their eyes meet Garum acknowledges the other with a tilted nod as he sheathes the now-razor-sharp dagger.

Masterwork Greatsword +7 (2d6+4, 19-20/x2)
Longspear +5 (1d8+4, x3)
(Thrown Weapon) Javelin (3) +2 (1d6+3, x2)
Masterwork Half Plate Armor (+7 Armor)
Abilities Str 16, Dex 11, Con 17, Int 6, Wis 15, Cha 11
Condition None

The_Admiral
2010-11-28, 09:22 PM
James stands up and says "Sounds interesting I'll help!"

Lady Moreta
2010-11-29, 12:07 AM
Tela wanders into town, leading her horse by the reins, wondering if there is any work here for her. She notices the people streaming towards the town hall, and lacking anything better to do, follows them.

The burly half-orc lays the reins of her horse on the ground and tells the animal firmly to stay where it is until she returns. Then Tela enters the hall, just in time to hear the mayor's plea for help and Rashduk's determined response.

"I like kids," she murmers to herself. "Kids are nice to me. They don't mind that I'm green."

Straightening to her not-inconsiderable height, Tela marches forwards and plants herself firmly in the centre of the room.

"I will help!" Her face beams with sincerity, enthusiam and not much intelligence. She seems utterly oblivious to whatever startled looks she may have received.

Gomar
2010-11-29, 01:40 PM
Blither is saddened by the stories of the missing children. He is even a little more saddened by the fact that he knows he is going to volunteer to help...glancing around, he guesses that few, if any, of the other folks in the room are magic-users. "I will probably be safer with the Paladin and the huge woman than I would be trying to get back to the city on my lonsesome..." he rationalizes to himself.

Blither cautiously walks up to Sir Rashduk, tugs at him, and says, "I will help, too. My name is Blither; I am an arcanist."

RanWilde
2010-11-29, 10:16 PM
A short, cloaked figure moves silently through the crowd. He walked up to the front.

"I would be willing to offer my assistance," Says the cloaked stranger. "My name is Talbot. Talbot Quettery."

He pulls out a dagger and runs his finger along the edge. He quietly pulls his hood back, without the slightest ruffle of clothe.

Jjeinn-tae
2010-11-30, 02:40 AM
Sir Rashduk

Rashduk had quickly glanced about the room, and noticing the dwarf sharpening a dagger, returned his nod. To each of those who stepped forward, he responded with "Glad to have you." and, seeing that the volunteers seemed to have stopped, speaks, primarily to Tela, James, and Garum. "So we have Blither and Talbot Quettery, what may we call you?"

The_Admiral
2010-11-30, 04:58 AM
James grins and says "Names James"

Lady Moreta
2010-11-30, 07:23 AM
Exuding enthusiasm, Tela beams at the surrounding company,

"I'm Tela!"

Wannabehero
2010-11-30, 12:18 PM
Garum Grimgauntlet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=252023)

Garum watches the small group of Adventurer's cluster together as they exchange words of greeting. The rusty wheels in his head begin turning; evil has been happening in and around this town and it seems his lady the Luckmaiden has sent allies to help in battle and to save the innocents. At least they seem like they will be allies, he has such trouble figuring these things out.

With a resounding clash of chainmail on steel plates the grizzled dwarf stands to his feet and slings his Greatsword across his broad back. Making his way to the group of strangers, he clears his throat before speaking in a deep voice.

"Ta name's Garum Grimgauntlet. I'ma here ta help ta town an ta kill ta bad. If ya be wantin ta same then I call ya friends."

The words come out slow, almost as if the dwarf is focusing very hard on each word as he speaks it. When he is done addressing everyone a thin smile creases his bearded face.

Gray Mage
2010-11-30, 04:01 PM
The town hall is poorly iluminated, not getting enough light at this time of the year, and so must make due with candles, making the shadows inside flicker.

The man in front of you looks like he has seen better days, and looking at the bags under his eyes it's aparent that has seen better nights as well, which might make his exact age an almost impossible task. The elder's tired face slightly lightens up under his short beard as he sees your entusiasm, although if one pays attention to his eyes he would see that they still show the same opacness as before.
He slowly speaks, his weak voice echoing in the room: "I am glad that you are so eager to help us. *cough cough* Please, find them." He then falls silent again, as if he has just spent all his energy.

Wannabehero
2010-12-01, 11:39 AM

Garum squints despite the dim light as he looks intently at the old man.

"What 'tis happening here?" he asks the old man, again speaking very slowly. "How can we help?

As he waits for someone to explain to him what is going on, the dwarf reaches into his belt pouch, pulling out a large brown leaf and a wad of crumbled tobacco. With practiced hands he rolls a fat cigar, his eyes never leaving the old man.

Gomar
2010-12-01, 12:50 PM
Blither, still at the side of Sir Rashduk, looks up at virtually everyone, given his size...he speaks timidly.

"What information do you have that may be of help to us? When did the children start disappearing? From what section of town? Has anyone witnessed the kidnappings?"

Blither's voice trails off, something about a needle and a haystack...he shrinks back, standing partially behind Rashduk's leg.

Jjeinn-tae
2010-12-01, 03:17 PM
Sir Rashduk steps forward and rests his hand on the man's shoulder, which gives off a bit of a spark that seems to simultaneously be blue and gold in color, which should restore some of the man's energy if he is not sick.

"It's alright, you can rest, but can you think of anything that might point us in the right direction?"

{Lay on Hands: 1 Point Spent of 3}

Gray Mage
2010-12-01, 08:27 PM
"Hee, hee, it... began about some... four days.... ago. The... priest.... knows a.... bit more. Others.... have also... started looking."

Lady Moreta
2010-12-01, 10:16 PM
Tela looks around with the abstract expression of someone with a short attention span. She appears to have already lost interest in the conversation and is instead looking for something - or someone to entertain her instead. As Blither speaks, her gaze focuses on him and her face lights up. She marches over to him and drops into a crouch in front of him.

"Hello little person!"

Wannabehero
2010-12-02, 01:24 AM

Garum steps over to the nearest candle and uses it to lite his cigar. Giving it a few generous puffs to insure a good catch, he rolls the stogie to the side of his mouth as he regards Tela and Blither.

"At's not a person lil' lady, at's a gnome." he says sagely to the crouching half-orc woman. "They is like lil' dwarves, but always gettin' themselves into mischief."

The dwarf then returns to stand in front of the town elder. His voice is pitched in a manner that seems as if the cleric is trying to be reassuring and friendly, or at least as friendly as a heavily scarred, armor clad, sour-faced dwarven holy-warrior can be. Through a puff of smoke, he questions the elder again.

"What Priest, an what others? Who should we be goin' ta see?"

Gomar
2010-12-02, 01:00 PM
Blither takes an instinctive half-step backwards as the big half-orc crouches in front of him. He then extends his hand to her, saying,
"Hello, Tela, my name is Blither. Have you ever met a Gnome before?"

Blither struggles to divide his attention between Tela and the conversation about the priest.

Lady Moreta
2010-12-02, 08:36 PM
"Nope!" She sounds oddly proud of the fact. "You're very little, like a halfling!" She sounds quite delighted at herself. She looks at his hand, then enfolds both his hand and most of his arm as well in hers and shakes it vigoursly up and down. She turns to Garum then,

"Doesn't look much like a liddle dwarf. Looks like a gnome!" Tela grins as though she's just made a joke, looks at Blither and announces

"I like you liddle Blither." She reaches out and pats the gnome on the head.

The_Admiral
2010-12-02, 09:43 PM
James resist's the urge to chuckle at the half orc

Gray Mage
2010-12-03, 07:17 AM
The paladin's power visibily makes the elder look better, even if it's only for a short while. He manages to talk, albeit needs to pause even now and then to catch his breath. "The town priest...., Iso, knows a bit more. He's the one that.... took over when I got.... sick and frail. The others, are travellers, like yourselves, some have.... failed, others... ran. Only one or two are still around."

Wannabehero
2010-12-03, 03:36 PM

"Sounds like we ought'a talk ta Iso then, and then maybe some'ah these others who been tryin' ta help."

The dwarf looks around at the other volunteers to see if what he said makes sense. He's never been very good at making plans.

Jjeinn-tae
2010-12-03, 04:26 PM
Sir Rashduk

Rashduk gives off a slight chuckle at the commotion between Tela and the "little people," but still listens intently to the elder, and then to Garum.

"Aye Garum, it looks like that's the best place to start." Rashduk begins to move towards the door, but stops if he is not followed or spoken to.

Gomar
2010-12-03, 04:52 PM
Glancing over Tela, Blither notices Sir Rashduk heading for the door. Tela seems too...wild-eyed...to trust, but nonetheless, Blither points to Sir Rashduk and says "C'mon, Tela!! Looks like we're moving out!"

Blither doesn't wait for a response, and quickly scurries to catch up with the tamer of the two Half-Orcs. "Oh, gnome...what am I getting myself into?" he thinks to himself.

Lady Moreta
2010-12-04, 06:37 AM
"Okay!" Tela replies brightly. She strides towards the door, her long legs easily allowing her to catch up and overtake.

Outside, she gathers the reins of a large horse tethered nearby and waits for the others to indicate where to go next.

RanWilde
2010-12-04, 03:52 PM
"Where is Iso? Do you know where we can find him?" asks Talbot of the old man.

Gray Mage
2010-12-04, 05:47 PM
"He must be... in his church."-and with that last words, he finally falls asleep.

Garum/Blither/James
You see a shadow hanging outside the window, watching you.

BlitherIn fact, your eyes can notice that the shadow is actually a small human teenage girl.

The_Admiral
2010-12-04, 09:57 PM
James sneaks up to the window and cast light on his hand
Cantrips(6 left)

Wannabehero
2010-12-05, 01:07 AM
Graum Grimgauntlet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=252023)

Plucking his cigar from his mouth and studying it intently, the dwarf comments in a low voice to his companions,

"We got someun watching us from out ta window"

Garum watches James sneak up on the window from out of the corner of his eye, while simultaneously dropping the hand opposite the window to the sheathed dagger on his belt.

Jjeinn-tae
2010-12-05, 03:07 AM
Sir Rashduk nods and heads towards the door behind Tela. Looking over towards where James and Garum are looking, he checks to see if his senses detect evil.

Of course this is detect evil.

Given by the descriptions, I take it the lighting outside is poor, without James's light, is dark enough for darkvision to kick in?

Gomar
2010-12-05, 01:29 PM
"It's just a young girl, guys...take it easy."

RanWilde
2010-12-05, 06:05 PM
"Who are you? And why did you spy on us?"

Lady Moreta
2010-12-05, 08:57 PM
Tela is looking around, rather confused, obviously having missed seeing anyone watching them. As soon as xyz mentions a girl she stops lookings confused and smiles

"Girls aren't dangerous," she says decively. Looking off in the direction the others are peering she says cheerfully "Do you like horsies? Would you like to see mine?" she tugs on the reins of her horse, bringing it closer.

OOC:
She thinks she's better with kids than she really is :smalltongue:

Gray Mage
2010-12-06, 11:17 AM
The girl, scarred by the sudden light, drops to the ground. She seems nervous and a little ashamed of being caught. "I, I just wanted to see if you wad come to welp us. They took my lil' brother."- she stutters.

Rashduk
She scries as not-evil.

OOC:Sorry for the delay, finals are out to get me.

Jjeinn-tae
2010-12-06, 03:37 PM
Sir Rashduk lets out a laugh at the misunderstanding and steps out to lend a hand to the girl. "Don't mind us," he says with a smile. "We're just ready in case whatever took your brother comes back."

Wannabehero
2010-12-06, 04:15 PM

Upon seeing the Paladin helping the small girl to her feet, Garum visibly relaxes. Feeling silly about his paranoia, the dwarf steps nearer to the girl, bending down slightly. A warm smile almost makes his scruffy face appear friendly.

"S'ok lil' 'un, we're here to find yer brother an bring him home. What's yer name darlin'?"

The cleric's voice is soft and slow as he seeks to reassure the girl.

Gray Mage
2010-12-06, 04:57 PM
Somehow the sight of two half-orcs and the dwarf up close does not seem to help her be at ease. "My name is Radanna." She says, the words almost not leaving her mouth. She looks awfully nervous.
She's a small one, even for her age, making her look at most of you from a downwards position. She hasn't seem nearly enough springs to be considered an adult, and is dressed in a redish dress, her pigtails hanging on her shoulders.

Wannabehero
2010-12-07, 01:13 PM

Getting down on one knee so as to appear less threatening, Garum continues talking to the girl.

"Purty name Radanna. Ya don't need ta be afraid of us, we're here ta help. Can ya tell us anything about what happened ta yer brother?"

(OOC: If necessary, here is a diplomacy check to try to reassure and/or befriend the girl, though Garum isn't the most charismatic of dwarves.)
[roll0]

Gray Mage
2010-12-07, 04:05 PM
The reassuring words of Garum, Radanna loses a bit of her fear."The.. cloaked men took him into the caves. They almost got me too, but I escaped in the night."

Wannabehero
2010-12-07, 07:45 PM

Garum's fists clench and the muscles of his jaw quiver, for just a moment, before he relaxes his composure. Why is it always ta lil' 'uns!? his voice screams in his head.

"Thar's a smart girl, ya done well ta get away. Do ya remember which way is these caves?"

If she seems up to it, Garum also asks her what she remembers about the cloaked men, trying his best not to frighten her again.

"Do ya remember what ta devils looked like?"

"Did they say anythin' to ya?"

"Were there other children?"

Gomar
2010-12-07, 09:53 PM
Blither walks up and puts his hand on Garum's shoulder...

"Heh heh....slow down there, Cousin Dwarf...let's give the girl a little space.

Blither smiles :smallbiggrin: and offers his hand to Radanna...

"Come on, dearie....why don't you come inside and chat with us. We'll get you something warm to eat or drink, if you'd like...and you can take your time telling us what you know. Don't you worry, Radanna...we're gonna help you out!"

Wannabehero
2010-12-09, 03:50 PM

Garum nods his agreement to Blither's comment, and smiling to the little girl adds

"Sorry about that little miss, don't mean to be puttin' ta screws to ya." he gives the girl a dwarfy wink.

Standing upright, Garum takes in the air with a mighty sniff.

"Is a bit chilly out here fer my likin', an I reckon there is bad folks about. Let's be gettin' someplace warm like ta tavern, or at ta least take ya back to yer parents. How does that sound Radanna?"

Despite his reassuring smile to the little girl, the wheels grind furiously in the cleric's head, repeating one thought over and over.
I've got a notion ta put ta hurt on some-a men in cloaks

RanWilde
2010-12-09, 03:56 PM
Talbot strides up beside Garum, shivering a bit because of the cold.

"C'mon Garum, I could go for a beer and a bit of grub. Besides, its cold!" Turning to Blither,"Blither, where's the nearest tavern?"

Lady Moreta
2010-12-09, 09:33 PM
Tela, who had apparently lost interest in the conversation and was more interested in stroking the nose and smoothing the mane of her horse, suddenly snaps back to attention at the mention of a tavern.

"I would like that." She announces cheerfully. She leans down towards Radanna,

"Would you like a horsie ride? She's a good horsie."

Gomar
2010-12-09, 11:01 PM
Blither looks up at Talbot. "That way...just around the corner."

Gray Mage
2010-12-10, 07:48 PM
The girl is a bit wary at first when seeing the horse, but soon is happily riding it with Tela.
"I couldn't see their faces, sorry, but the caves are around the south, Mr." she answers Garum.
The trip to the pub is a short one, as the sign could be seen a short distance from where you were. It looks like a wooden picture of an owl standing on a goblet.
A small bell announces to the room that new costumers have just entered the room, but no one turns to look at you. It is quite full inside, but silent, as it usually is when grown men are afraid of the night and need a boost of confidence. The room is big enough to host part of the population, with about a dozen tables, all but two of them already occupied, and a large counter, which is completely empty. A young woman with a delicate face is serving the beverages to the patrons, she has short red hair of an almost ember color, with a tiara on top of her head, and a tired look on her face. She's wearing plain clothes and seems to be too absorbed on her job to notice you. The only other worker is the bartender behind the counter with features almost as feminine as the woman herself, but not feminine enough to be mistaken to be female, his short-sleaved shirt is of a green tone and his hair is of a long blonde and on his face is a soul patch, the ears are of an obvious elf heritage, but not as pointy as a pure blood elf. He welcomes you without taking his eyes from the ale barrels on the back.
"Welcome to The Owl's Cup, have a seat and she'll take your order shortly."

Wannabehero
2010-12-11, 01:02 PM

Garum looks to his companions

"Things must be bad in this here town. Not a one of these folk that don't have ta face a fear on 'em."

The dwarf then makes his way to one of the vacant tables, propping his greatsword against its edge before plopping down in one of the seats.

Jjeinn-tae
2010-12-12, 01:24 AM
Sir Rashduk backs off a bit upon seeing Radanna is frightened by the relatively strange entourage, hoping she'll lighten up to the others.

On entering the tavern, he follows Garum. "Definitely Garum, it is never good to see such a heavy mood in a tavern. One of the few places you'll find happy people regardless of what's happening around them. It'll be nice to see some cheerful faces when we fix this."

When the waitress arrives at their table, Rashduk asks rather plainly "Do you have any elven wine?"

RanWilde
2010-12-12, 11:39 PM
I'll take some wine as well, thank you. And could you bring a bowl of stew with bread?" Talbot flashes a smile, "My stomach sounds like a bear."

The_Admiral
2010-12-13, 12:07 AM
James raises up his hand and orders a beer

Wannabehero
2010-12-13, 10:10 AM

Garum appears thoughtful at the mention of food.

"Hey now, that has ta sounding of a good idea Talbot."

The dwarf then calls out to the waitress, just a bit to loud for the quiet interior of the pub,

"Oy! Barmaiden! A stew fer myself as well, and two ales!"

Garum looks to Randalla "Would you like somethin' ta drink deary?" he asks the girl, and before waiting to hear her answer the dwarf calls out to the waitress again "Make that three ales!"

The_Admiral
2010-12-13, 09:02 PM
James nudges Garum and whispers "She is under aged"

Lady Moreta
2010-12-13, 10:02 PM
Tela rolls her eyes expressively,

"That's stupid," she states firmly. "Everyone knows the kiddies only have milk or water." She announces this in the tone of one who has been told many times they may only have milk or water.

She falls quiet briefly then suddenly announces to the room at large.

"I am hungry too. I would like something to eat."

Gomar
2010-12-14, 11:24 AM
Blither briefly looks at each of his companions....

....and just shakes his head....

Gray Mage
2010-12-14, 01:52 PM
The lady comes at your table shortly, taking your orders. "Yes, we do have elven wine. Would you like a glass or a bottle?, she then turns to Tela, "What do you want? At this time of the year we only have stew or soup."

After she takes the rest of your order, she goes to the back, returning with the ale for Garum and making several trips for everything, incluiding a glass of milk for young Radanna.

"You lot aren't from around here, right? You here for the missings?"

RanWilde
2010-12-14, 03:32 PM
"Bring the bottle, I know that I can use it. I am from elsewhere at the corner of nowhere, I came to find the missing children and claim my reward," Talbot eyes her suspiciously, "Now why are you the one asking all the questions?"

Lady Moreta
2010-12-15, 02:10 AM
Tela twists around to look at the serving woman

"I would like stew please!"

Wannabehero
2010-12-15, 10:24 AM

Garum looks to James, "Aged what?" The dwarf seems confused by the statement.

He then turns to Tela, proclaiming "Ale is ta milk of any hearty dwarf-child..."

Slowly looking back to Randalla, comprehension spreads across his face.

"Oh... ta girl ain't a dwarfling."

The dwarven cleric's cheeks blush a bright red.

When the waitress arrives Garum eagerly accepts his drink, answering her question between hearty swigs of the beverage.

'gulp' "Ya, we're here ta find yer folk and thrash ta sons-a-hags what took 'em" 'gulp'

The_Admiral
2010-12-15, 08:02 PM
James facepalms and groans in fustration

Gray Mage
2010-12-16, 07:05 PM
"Just curious on who is going to get themselves killed again. Don't mind me."

Jjeinn-tae
2010-12-16, 07:10 PM
Sir Rashduk

"Just a glass please."

Rashduk keeps himself out of the "ale for Radanna" business but piques up at the waitresses response to Garum.

"Wait, so the people of the town have already known what cave these 'thugs' are based out of?"

Wannabehero
2010-12-16, 10:50 PM

Garum chokes on his ale mid-gulp, frothy foam speckling his beard.

Once his air passages are clear of beverage the dwarf glares with disbelief at the waitress.

"Now you listen here Sourpuss, ta only 'uns round here gettin' killed are some low-down, no-good, kid-snatchin', dog-lickin', gnoll-kissin', ogre-lovin', slime-grubbin', goblin-humpin', dung-brained men-in-cloaks what been stealin' yer youngin's away to them caves!"

Slowly, the question asked by Sir Rashduk to the waitress registers in Garum's brain.

"Wait, yeah, what? You folk be knowin' where yer kids been stealed off to?" he adds a bit less fervently than his previous outburst.

Gomar
2010-12-17, 06:13 PM
Wait...wait....others have been *gulp* Killed?:smalleek:

Gray Mage
2010-12-17, 06:16 PM
She answers your claims with a puzzled face. "What cave? The thing we know is that others, very much like you all, have tried before, only to appear in the village square. At least until most of them appear on the village square."

RanWilde
2010-12-17, 10:59 PM
Muttering under his breath "Of course they don't give us all the information. Simpletons."

Looking up at the waitress, "What do you mean? They are killed and this unknown enemy places their bodies in the village square?," he turns to look at his companions and then back at the waitress, "Would you have anymore information to give to us?"

Gray Mage
2010-12-20, 03:25 PM
"That would depend. What ye all offering?"

Gomar
2010-12-20, 05:34 PM
"By Garl...me thinks you don't really care whether these kids get rescued! Wanting coin for info at a time like this! For shame, woman! :smallmad:

Jjeinn-tae
2010-12-20, 05:47 PM
Sir Rashduk's expression sours, and he too joins in with Blither.

"Hmm, greed. Were the elves as you I would not be here right now. And you're seriously going to avoid helping right in front of little Radanna here, who's brother was taken before her very eyes?"

Should she still refuse to to budge, he hands her five gold. "I cannot expect others to hold themselves to honor as I do, but that was low. Don't you think you would have gotten more through tips?"

Gray Mage
2010-12-20, 06:55 PM
You can feel the scon on her voice when she answers back. "Right, because you big boys will do a better job than the others, is that is? I'd rather get away from this place the sooner as possible."

Lady Moreta
2010-12-20, 09:23 PM
Tela looks up abruptly,

"Boys?" She says indignantly. The 'big' can't be denied. "It is better to fight than to run away. Esp- speci- extra when it's kids!" she looks scornfully at the waitress.

The_Admiral
2010-12-20, 10:15 PM
James stands up and says "Lady!We are here of our own free will to help this town and you dare insult our efforts by asking for coin for information we need to do that!"
I intimidate her
[roll0]
OOC
I cast prestidigitation to soil her clothes

Gomar
2010-12-21, 12:59 PM
Blither feels emboldened by his company....

"Alright, woman...you have your coin...now, out with what you know!"

He then shrinks back behind Rashduk and Tela

Gray Mage
2010-12-21, 01:56 PM
The shine emited from the gold pieces visibily tempts her, until the unfortunate comment from James, that is. After a moment of consideretion, she concludes that her pride isn't that big anyway and accept the coins.

"Humpf, you posh travelers don't scare me. You're all talk and no action, but if you insist that much, then I suppose I can part with some of the things I heard about. Now, there is talk in town that they are not men, but beasts that are, hear that, eating the ones that tried to bring the brats back, this is why only some parts return. Others say that there is one of those magicians doings. Either is bad news, so I suggest you scram too." With that, the grumpy waitress leave you alone to finish your meal.

Jjeinn-tae
2010-12-22, 03:50 AM
After the waitress heads off, Rashduk turns to his allies.

"Hrmm, if it is beasts as the rumor says that would at least make things easier for us. Though given what you've seen Radanna, that doesn't seem right. Your brother should probably be fine." He smiles, and then downs his wine in a single gulp. "When you're all ready, we should take a look at these caves in the South.

Wannabehero
2010-12-22, 01:15 PM

Garum couldn't help but stare in dumbfounded silence at the waitress throughout her entire exchange with his newly found allies. How can anyone be so daft?! His gaping mouth doesn't even close until Sir Rashduk's words cut through the confusion in the dwarf's mind.

"Ya, its best we be gettin' to ta thumpin' soon, afore more a these good folks squeeze our coin for their tall tales."

Jumping to his feet, Garum downs the last of his ale in a quick chug before reaching for the greatsword leaning against the table. He pauses for a moment as a thought suddenly, and miraculously (for Garum), occurs to him.

"Wait a tic. Weren't we gonna go see some priest about what he be knowin? I'm all for gettin' to ta action, but if he be on ta way, mightin' be good ta stop in an say howdy-do."

RanWilde
2010-12-23, 02:49 AM
"Meeting the priest sounds like a good idea. Especially after I've finished my lunch."

Jjeinn-tae
2010-12-23, 06:29 PM
Sir Rashduk

"Well, if you think we might get more information from the priest, by all means we should go. I just don't want to let these people have their way with the town for much longer."

Gomar
2010-12-24, 12:37 PM
"Yes...let's be quick...off to see the wiza....errr...the priest!!"

RanWilde
2010-12-25, 02:56 AM
"Bugam nod funished!" says Talbot with an angry glare. He begins shoveling the food into his furiously chomping mouth.

The_Admiral
2010-12-26, 02:05 AM
James downs the last of his ale

Gray Mage
2010-12-26, 01:20 PM
Leaving the girl behind, you (probably) pay the bill in the tavern (6 silver each) and make way for the temple. For a town this big the temple is too small. Just above the double door is a mosaic of a star above a milky nebula. If the tavern was full with the men, then the temple is completely occupied with the women and the remaining children. The priest, a bald, short man in his mid twenties, is in the process of conducting a prayer.

Wannabehero
2010-12-27, 12:40 PM

Garum pauses beneath the door, staring up at the mosaic. It seems familiar to him; possibly something he saw in a book once. It conjures the image of a giant silver dragon in his mind.

No, not silver, but like silver. Ta greatest o' dragons.

The dwarf shakes his head to clear his thoughts before stepping into the temple. Crossing the threshold, the dwarven cleric unstraps the sheathed greatsword from his back, holding the weapon before him as he kneels down reverently, muttering a quiet prayer of greeting from his goddess and to all good deities.

The ritual complete, Garum stands to rejoin the rest of his companions, waiting patiently for the priest to finish his benediction.

Gray Mage
2010-12-28, 08:35 PM
You patiently wait for him to stop his prayer. When that happens a couple of minutes later, he is making conversation with some of the townspeople.

Jjeinn-tae
2010-12-29, 05:19 PM
Sir Rashduk approaches the priest, and waits for a pause in conversation where it wouldn't be rude to speak. "When you've got a minute, we would like ask you some questions about the kidnappings."

Gray Mage
2010-12-31, 04:17 PM
The priest faces you and with a movement of his hand the crowd disperses."Now is good enough. I'm the priest of this town, Hork. How may I help?"

Wannabehero
2011-01-02, 03:35 PM

Garum steps forward and tilts a respectful nod to Hork, ensuring that his holy symbol of a flaming greatsword is clearly visible, both from where it hangs from a chain around his neck and from where it is etched into his armor.

"Ta name's Garum Grimgauntlet, Kaxanar* of blessed Haela Brightaxe. 'Tis an honor to visit yer fine church.

Me an my companions are lookin' for yer missin' townfolk to end ta business of them disappearing. We been told ya might be havin' some knowin' of what's what in this regard."

(OOC: *Kaxanar - Dwarven word, literal translation meaning 'Bloodmaiden', title adopted by the warrior clergy of Haela Brightaxe (dwarven deity, also known as 'the Lady of the Fray' or 'the Luckmaiden'), most of which are female. Male followers of the Luckmaiden are not bothered by the feminine title.)

Jjeinn-tae
2011-01-03, 12:33 AM
Sir Rashduk

"And I am Sir Rashduk Irontooth, Paladin of the Elven Goddess Elhonna." Rashduk says with a somewhat tusked grin. "We've heard that the kidnappings have been based out of some caves to the south, anything else you might know would be helpful."

Gray Mage
2011-01-04, 11:29 AM
"Ah, fellow men of the cloth. About the caves in the south, hmm, as far as I rebember I saw a small shrine there, though I never found out what god it was meant for. It had an emblem engraved that I never saw before."

Wannabehero
2011-01-04, 12:22 PM

"Don't be stingy with ta information now, what was that there emblem lookin' like? An did ya happen to be seeing any men in cloaks wandering 'round ta place, maybe with some'a yer kids in tow?"

Garum gets frustrated when people aren't direct with information that can help him understand things. He has trouble enough figuring things out without partial information.

"Do ya be knowin' anything else about these here kidnappin's?"

Gray Mage
2011-01-05, 09:41 AM
"I must apologise, it has been years since I last visited those caves, much before these events. I can't reproduce the god's symbol, but I remember part of the emblem. It was a half circle, surrounded by what I imagine are runes. Most curious. "

Gomar
2011-01-05, 06:24 PM
Blither searches his memory for such a symbol.

Knowledge Arcana

[roll0]

Knowledge Planes

[roll1]

RanWilde
2011-01-07, 04:35 PM
As does Talbot.

Knowledge Religion
[roll0]

EDIT: TOTAL FAILURE!

The_Admiral
2011-01-07, 08:12 PM
James scratches his head thinking back to his college days trying to remember learning about a symbol like the one the priest described Knowledge (arcana)
[roll0]

Gray Mage
2011-01-07, 10:36 PM
Gomar & Captain_Obvious
You identify it as a rune that means stasis used in many spells and rituals, but without the rest you can't determine the exact spell.

Ran Wilde
You don't recall any holy symbol like that.

The_Admiral
2011-01-09, 08:22 AM
James mumbles "This rune means stasis"

Lady Moreta
2011-01-09, 08:25 AM
Tela had been wandering around the temple, as James starts to explain she wanders back and bounces a little on her toes.

"That's nice," she says, "can we go now? There are kids to save!"

Gomar
2011-01-10, 04:19 PM
"You're right, James...but I can't put it together...Maybe Tela is right and we should just be on our way."

Wannabehero
2011-01-11, 12:21 PM

"I'm not likin' all this not knowin' that's goin' on.

Garum huffs in frustration. It seems like no one really knows what has been happening or who the enemy is. He rubs a booted foot against the floor as he thinks to himself, his hand absent-mindedly reaching into his belt pouch to pull forth the makings for another fragrant (others might describe 'stinky') cigar.

The big orc-maiden is right though he thinks to himself as his hands perform, without conscious thought, the delicate folding and rolling tasks of a true cigar aficionado. There are lil 'uns ta save, an we are at least knowin' a place ta start lookin'.

"I reckon Tela is right too. We should be headin' ta those caves ta see what can be found there." the dwarf declares his opinion to his companions

Gathering himself up and securing his newly rolled stogie in the corner of his mouth, Garum offers a kind thanks and farewell to the priest. "Thank you kindly fer yer time Padre, may ta lady smile on yer fortunes."

Jjeinn-tae
2011-01-11, 03:35 PM
Sir Rashduk continues to address the priest.
"They are right, we must work quickly now that we know all we're going to. I hope when next we meet, these troubles will be over."

Gray Mage
2011-01-12, 08:49 PM
"So do I, noble warriors. I wish I could be more helpfull." As the priest says his farewells you can notice the sadness in his tone.

You make way to the forest in the south. As you walk through the streets, there is hardly a soul in sight. The walk is a tranquil one, and you're not interupted, so you're soon leaving the south gate. In front of you, the dense forrest stands imponent, the hints of the coming spring nowhere in sight.

Jjeinn-tae
2011-01-14, 09:55 PM
At the forest Sir Rashduk glancing around and taking a deep breath. "Ah, just like home. Though is anyone here capable of finding the path the kidnappers use?"

OOC: I don't suppose we still have Radanna with us... she'd probably be useful to lead us to the cave, but I'm not entirely sure whether Rashduk would really approve of bringing her to the kidnappers...

Gomar
2011-01-15, 03:07 PM
Not Me...sorry

Lady Moreta
2011-01-16, 02:20 AM
"Oh! I can help! Maybe..." Tela almost slides out of her saddle she's in such a hurry to help. Leaving the reins over her horse's neck, she bends close to the ground and starts searching.

I honestly have no idea if it will help, but Tela has ranks in survival, so just in case, let's try it :smallsmile:
Survival[roll0]

Gray Mage
2011-01-16, 07:03 PM
Tela easily finds the footprints of the kidnappers and begins to follow them. Oddly enough, the group doesn't find any beings during the trip to the cave, not even the animals from the forrest. A couple dozen minutes walk and you find the cave entrance. There, a small pack of five wolves was resting in the entrance. That is, you assume they are wolves because of their similiarity, but these beasts look and act in a more feroucious way then any creature you have ever seen.

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/8452/ssentradacaverna.png (http://img710.imageshack.us/i/ssentradacaverna.png/)

OOC: Let's start the first encounter, shall we? :smallsmile: First, please put your location on the map. Combat will work like this, you post your actions in any order and I'll put them according to the initiative. You may already start acting, the wolves are around the I/J column, I'll put the exact location when I find an apropriate token.

Edit: By the way, the cave (gray tiles) are considered Difficult terrain and the trees provide cover.

Lady Moreta
2011-01-17, 06:49 AM
Tela stops when she sees the wolves and looks back over her shoulder at the others

Is it time to fight?" She asks with a massive grin. Without waiting for an answer, she tugs the massive greataxe from her back into her hands, hurries forwards as if she's afraid of losing out if she waits and takes a swing at the nearest animal.

OOC:
I'm gonna say Tela would be in D5, since she was the one tracking.
Initiative:[roll0]
Attack the nearest wolf-thingie
Attack:[roll1]
Damage:[roll2]

Gray Mage
2011-01-17, 11:00 AM
Map updated with the wolves positions.
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/8452/ssentradacaverna.png (http://img827.imageshack.us/i/ssentradacaverna.png/)

RanWilde
2011-01-17, 03:01 PM
Talbot draws his dagger and places his hand axe in his belt loop for easy reach.

I'm going to try and attack the flanks of the wolves. Does anyone care to draw them out? He asks quickly, smiling grimly at his companions. He waits for his companions to make there moves first.

OOC:
Initiative: 1d20+4

I want to sneak attack the flanks, doing what Rogues do best, which is stabbing the mo-fos in the back. Why isn't the dice generator working?!?!

Jjeinn-tae
2011-01-17, 03:08 PM
Sir Rashduk speaks loudly, so as to draw the attention of the wolves, "Ok, Talbot, let's get them out." He draws his mithril falchion while making noise, trying to get the wolves to come to them.

Sir Rashduk is at D4 on the map. He of course draws his sword when initiative hits, he might do more if he's low in the count.
initiative: [roll0]
Draw Falchion: Move action

Gray Mage
2011-01-17, 03:18 PM
OOC:
Initiative: [roll0]

I want to sneak attack the flanks, doing what Rogues do best, which is stabbing the mo-fos in the back. Why isn't the dice generator working?!?

No idea. Test:[roll1]
Try again.

RanWilde
2011-01-17, 03:24 PM
Talbot is standing on D5 behind the tree. He looks up at Sir Rashduk and flashes a massive grin.

OOC: I'll take the 19! If you would be so kind. :smallbiggrin:

Wannabehero
2011-01-17, 04:25 PM

Spitting out the last remnants of his cigar, Garum readies his longspear as he steps up beside Rashduk and Tela ((begin D6)). With a silent prayer to his Goddess for her blessing, he peers around the tree to look upon the wolves.

"Well Pallyman, do ya sense ta evil in these here creatures?" he ask Sir Rashduk in a low voice.

Initiative: [roll0]

Move action to step up to D6 and draw longspear.

Readying action: If any wolves move in to attack either of the squishies (James or Blither) Garum will cast Protection from Evil on that individual. Hopefully Rashduk will be able to tell Garum if this is a good strategy or not soon.

Gomar
2011-01-18, 08:28 PM
Blither runs behind a tree and draws and loads his crossbow...

Initiative:

[roll0]

The_Admiral
2011-01-20, 12:45 AM
James cast Grease under as many wolves as possible
[roll0]

Gray Mage
2011-01-20, 02:32 PM
The second wolf (W2) moved to G5.

James' spell sucessfully makes one of the wolves (W3) drop, although the other one (W4) manages to get its balance back.

The topmost wolf (W1) moves to E5, gnawing deep in the barbarian's leg (6 damage) and them pulling it, but Tela stands her ground.

The fallen wolf tries to stand up, but fails, staying on the floor.

Tela swings wildly at the wolf that injured her, but the creature has no problems evading it.

Sir Rashduk draws his falchion, ready for battle.
Jjeinn-taeThe wolves scry as Evil

(OOC: @Ran, I'd like a position, and since simply flanking isn't obvious right now, I'll skip your action, but I can retcon it before the end of the next turn if you'd like.)

The wolf in the greased area is unable to move.

The last one moves towards the dwarf, passing through in F7, while the cleric swings his weapon a good two or three feet above the beast and stopping in E7, lunging at Garum, but only finding armor.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/8452/ssentradacaverna.png (http://img191.imageshack.us/i/ssentradacaverna.png/)

Wannabehero
2011-01-21, 12:19 AM

With an enemy so close, Garum drops his longspear to draw forth his Greatsword, proclaiming the might of his goddess as he does so. Focusing intently on the feral beast, the holy warrior swings the enormous blade with all his might.

OOC
Garum will Power Attack the wolf in E7 with his Greatsword. If the wolf moves before Garum can make his attack, he will move with the wolf to remain in melee range. If the wolf moves beyond 20ft, Garum will not pursue and will retain his longspear, remain with his allies, and attack the nearest wolf instead (moving to do so if necessary).

Greatsword
Attack (Power Attack -1 for +2 Damage): [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Alternate - Longspear
Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

AoO (if applicable): [roll4]

Jjeinn-tae
2011-01-21, 12:56 AM
When it's his turn, Rashduk steps forward and makes a fluid, vertical strike at the wolf in front of him, also near Tela. "Tainted! These wolves are no longer among Elhonna's children. They are evil Garum!"

Five-Foot-Step to D4: Free Action
Draw Falchion: Already done ~ Move Action
Falchion Strike:[roll0][roll1] (critical on 18-20, [roll2][roll3]) Standard Action

Gomar
2011-01-22, 03:07 PM
When possible, Blither fires at the nearest unengaged WOLF.

Attack Roll
ATTACK 1d20+4
Damage (if successful) 1d8

Gomar
2011-01-22, 03:09 PM
grrrr...trying again

Attack and Damage;

[roll0]
[roll1]

Lady Moreta
2011-01-23, 06:48 AM
Tela makes a loud noise of indignant protest and promptly takes another swing at the wolf next to her.

Attacking the one in E5
Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

RanWilde
2011-01-24, 01:10 PM
Talbot has been standing at B4.

They are closing in on us! Move quickly, but without haste!

As soon as Talbot is able to he moves to flank the Wolf at E4, moving around Blither and the tree. His movement ends with him standing at E3. Talbot attempts to Sneak Attack with his Hand Axe, hacking at the wolf's mangy haunch.

ATTACK: [roll0]
Sneak Attack Damage: [roll2]

Total Damage is Damage plus Sneak Attack Damage. Simple addition. :)

Gray Mage
2011-01-25, 10:39 AM
@Ran: You won't be able to flank the wolf by going to E3, although the one at G5 will move to D4 and will be flankable from E3, do you want to change targets?

Edit: Maybe I should make everyone go in turn order? Would you all prefer that?

RanWilde
2011-01-25, 08:11 PM
Yes, I change targets... and I would prefer going in the order of our initiative. It would make it much less confusing.

Gray Mage
2011-01-26, 12:03 PM
One of the wolves darts diagonally, passing E2 and changing directions to stop in front of the paladin. There, his fangs darken before it craves its teeth at Rashduk, and the alf-orc can feel the evil energy damaging him (5 damage). It then proceeds to try to trip him, but Rashduk stands his ground.

Garum's strike manages to hit the wolf, but not deep enough that it's tough hide protected it.

W1 again attacks Tela, but the barbarian is now more alert and dodges sucessfully.

The fallen wolf tries to stand up, but slips again.

Tela's attack, on the other hand, hits deep into the wolf's flank. It's now barely grasping for breath.

Rashduk's strike, while not as effective as Tela's, also hits true, opening a gap in the creature's back.

Talbot's dagger was aimed directly at the beast's heart, but isn't able to pierce the beast's hide.

The other wolf in the greased area manages to find his way across the slipery terrain, stopping at D8.

The last wolf also uses its unholy powers at the cleric, but again, only his armor takes the hit.

The wolf didn't count on Blither's crossbow, he being ready to fire as soon as he could, but with its sharp reflexes it evaded the bolt.

Map
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8452/ssentradacaverna.png (http://img171.imageshack.us/i/ssentradacaverna.png/)

DM
PV Inic.
L1 [2]
L2 [8]
L3 [17]
L4 [18]
L5 [22]

Wannabehero
2011-01-26, 01:53 PM

Cackling out a seemingly inappropriate laugh, and delighting in the surge of adrenaline that comes with battle, Garum steps forward into the jaws of the enemy, Greatsword leading the way.

Wading into the pair of wolves, the dwarf strikes ferociously at the beasts.

Garum will take a 5-foot step to D7 and Power Attack the wolf in E7 (again) with his Greatsword.

If the wolf moves before Garum has the chance to attack, he will instead pick back up his longspear (move action), sheath his greatsword (move action) and take a 5-foot step to C6 to better protect James.

Primary - Greatsword
Attack (Power Attack -1 for +2 Damage): [roll0]

AoO's (if applicable)
Greatsword Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Longspear Attack: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

The_Admiral
2011-01-27, 02:10 AM
James cast magic missile at the two wolves below Garum

RanWilde
2011-01-27, 10:44 PM
Talbot attacks the wolf again, throwing his weight into his attack.

Attack: [roll0]

Lady Moreta
2011-01-28, 10:08 PM
Tela flips her head between the two wolves near her, before making a decision and attacking

Tela will move 5ft to E5 (to give Talbot a flank), presuming there's enough space for her to stand there with the bush in the way. If not, she'll stay where she is (D5), but either way will attack the wolf in E4.
E5 attack w/ +2 flanking bonus: [roll0]
E5 damage w/ +2 flanking bonus: [roll1]
D5 attack: [roll2]
D5 damage: [roll3]
Just pick whichever one is correct :smallsmile:

Gomar
2011-01-30, 02:43 PM
Blither peeks from around the tree and fires his Wand of Magic Missiles at one of the wolves on Garum.

Damage Roll:

[roll0]

Gray Mage
2011-01-30, 10:57 PM
Blither peeks from around the tree and fires his Wand of Magic Missiles at one of the wolves on Garum.

Damage Roll:

[roll0]

Any specific on which one?

Jjeinn-tae
2011-01-31, 06:24 PM
Provided the wolf in front of Rashduk was not slain already:
Rashduk carries the momentum of his downward slash through the bite of the wolf, doing a spin and taking another downward slash at the wolf.

Otherwise:
Rashduk slips forward with his falchion low, careful not to step on the dead wolf. A single gold spark travels up the mithril blade as he brings the sword back up, striking at the E4 wolf's ribs.

"I return you to Elhonna." Rashduk mutters in either case.

Falchion Strike, with Smite Evil if after the wolf in E4: Standard Action [roll0](+1 if smite evil)[roll1](+3 if smite evil).

Gray Mage
2011-02-01, 08:42 AM
The wolf in front of Rashduk bares its teeth, but once again only finds his armor.

Garum steps foward, his blade's motion stopping in the beast's flank, as it howls loudly in pain.

James then uses his magic again, injuring the one in D8, with barely any problem.

Blither's wand finishes what Garum started, making the injuried wolf fall down, motionless, although the beast seemed to try to resist the spell.

The topmost wolf, trying to make due for his lack of vitality, attacks again at the barbarian, but misses completely the target.

The one in the cave still can't stand up.

Tela move's to beneath the tree, striking the wolf, finishing it.

Rashduk sucessfully sends the wolf to his maker without needing to use his holy powers.

The last wolf tries to hit Garum, but the dwarf is too well armored for it to bite properly.

Map
http://i56.tinypic.com/2hwegyc.jpg

DM
PV
L3 [17]
L4 [13]

PS: I only noticed Capt had changed his action midway.

The_Admiral
2011-02-01, 09:11 AM
James moves down 1 square and fires magic missile at both wolves
Damage

Closer [roll0]
Further [roll1]

OOC
Sorry I'll think about my actions before i do something:smallredface:

Gray Mage
2011-02-01, 09:20 AM
James moves down 1 square and fires magic missile at the last two wolves
Damage

Closer wolf [roll0]
Further wolf [roll1]

OOC
Sorry I'll think about my actions before i do something:smallredface:

Actually I don't mind you changing your actions, but just make a new post saying that, so I can see more easily.

Edit: Btw, could you make 2 caster checks?

The_Admiral
2011-02-01, 09:35 AM
Caster Check
[roll0]
[roll1]
To beat 11

Wannabehero
2011-02-03, 11:47 AM

If the Wolf in D8 is still alive

Garum's smile is all teeth as he brings his sword slashing downward, blade seeking the wolf still trying to gnaw through his plated armor.

Attack - Greatsword - Wolf in D8
Attack roll: [roll0]

(confirm critical: [roll2])
critical damage: [roll3]

If the Wolf in D8 is dead or incapacitated

With a joyous warcry, the dwarf charges the prone form of the last remaining fur-and-fanged enemy

Attack - Charge - Greatsword - Wolf in I6
Attack roll: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

(confirm critical: [roll6])
critical damage: [roll7]

Garum will charge to square H6

Jjeinn-tae
2011-02-05, 04:12 PM
Provided the wolf in the cave has not died before Sir Rashduk recovers from his killing blow, he joins Garum in the charge running straight into the cave and turning towards the end to avoid giving the wolf an opening. Carrying with his turn, he does a low horizontal slash with his Falchion. He does manage to find the time to speak, but doesn't seem to finish his thought. "I don't like this..."

Move to H4, then I5: 30ft, Move Action
Horizontal Falchion Strike: Standard Action [roll0][roll1]

RanWilde
2011-02-09, 01:13 AM
Talbot waits to see what the remaining enemies do.

Gomar
2011-02-12, 01:27 PM
"These wolves are scary..." Blither thinks to himself...

He points his wand and lets off two more missiles at the nearest wolf.

[roll0]

Gray Mage
2011-02-13, 02:55 PM
Garum, confident with the amount of fallen beasts swings wildly, almost killing the wolf, only for it be finished off by one of James' attack. The other one, along with both of Blither's missils hit the last one squae in the chest before it can stand up. With the ground normal once more, it has no problems standing up, although he doesn't make any other move. When Rashduk aproaches it, it lets a last bite, although he misses completely, and so does Rashduk himself.

(OOC: We'll use a 48 our deadline for actons, ok?)

Wannabehero
2011-02-14, 11:03 AM

The dwarven cleric charges the final remaining enemy. Sword held high, he calls out to the glory of the Luckmaiden, tears brimming in his eyes at the joyous exultation.

Attack - Charge - Greatsword - Wolf in I6
Attack roll: [roll0]

(confirm critical: [roll2])
(critical damage: [roll3])

Garum will charge to square H6

My mistake Gray Mage, I forgot the cavern was difficult terrain.

Gray Mage
2011-02-18, 11:20 AM
@Wannabehero: You can't charge since it's rough terrain.

Wannabehero
2011-02-18, 12:57 PM

Legs pumping furiously, the dwarven cleric's eyes focus intently on the sole remaining enemy. As he swiftly steps forward, Garum reaches to his back and draws forth a sturdy wooden javelin, loosing the missile once he reaches the edge of the cavern's yawning mouth.

Move to G6 while drawing javelin
Throw javelin at the last wolf

Attack - Ranged - Javelin - Wolf in I6
Attack Roll: [roll0]

(confirm critical: [roll]1d20+2[/roll)]
(critical damage: [roll]1d6+3[roll])

Botched crit confirm, reroll in OOC thread

Gray Mage
2011-02-19, 05:25 PM
The dwarf's javelin soars through the air, running through the beast's heart, killing it.

300 xp for everyone.

Lady Moreta
2011-02-20, 08:49 PM
Still standing over the body of the wolf she killed, Tela watches Garum's run and toss, laughing delightedly as the final wolf falls to his javelin.

"That was great!"

Jjeinn-tae
2011-02-21, 05:28 PM
Rashduk heads back out of the cave, wiping the blood off his falchion in the grass.

"Ok, so they are corrupting wolves... These aren't just kidnappers."

RanWilde
2011-02-22, 12:52 AM
The fact that they can corrupt anything is... problematic. Supernatural enemies? Not my kind of fight.

Wannabehero
2011-02-23, 12:12 PM

Stepping over the wolf in the mouth of the cavern, Garum unceremoniously places a booted foot on the creature's corpse as he pulls the javelin free from its body with a loud SHLURK!

The dwarf kneels down over the wolf's body, studying it closely.

"I ain't no ranger, but somethin' bout these here puppies don't seem right ta me."

((Knowledge(Nature) check: [roll0]))

The cleric looks over his shoulder to Sir Rashduk. "Ya say these wolfies carried ta taint a evil, didn't ya Rashduk? I be wonderin' what coulda done that."

Gray Mage
2011-02-23, 12:39 PM
Garum
Your knowledge of nature never was too extense, even before your accident, but you have a strong feeling that unholy powers of evil are not a common wlf trait. Just a hunch. :smallwink:

Jjeinn-tae
2011-02-23, 04:07 PM
Sir Rashduk eyes his wound a bit before deciding it's probably not worth worrying about yet. Looking back to Garum he speaks.

"I wouldn't know, even growing up with the Priests of Elhonna I haven't come across how an enemy would manage it." He trails off a bit looking through his memories all the same.

Rashduk is more interested in what this corruption might do rather than the hows of it, he searches his memories for a time where the priests might of complained about it, or in lessons dealing with nature, or more broad religion.

Knowledge (Nature) [roll0]
Knowledge (Religion) as a supplement, [roll1]

Gray Mage
2011-02-23, 09:10 PM
Rashduk
You can't think of any natural or divine means to cause this kind of corruption.

The_Admiral
2011-02-25, 06:38 AM
James starts poking at the dead wolves trying to figure out what the hell happened to these animals and how.
Knowledge Arcane
[roll0]

Gray Mage
2011-02-25, 02:11 PM
James
You recognize the changes as being most commonly caused by forces from the lower planes.

The_Admiral
2011-02-26, 03:24 AM
James eyes widen as the implications of his discovery started to hit him.Demons we're up against demons.

Jjeinn-tae
2011-02-26, 04:08 PM
"Demons!" Rashduk says as he turns towards James, relieved he had gone easy on the wolves. "Are you sure of this?"

The_Admiral
2011-02-26, 05:13 PM
James says Not exactly but these wolves look like they have been affected by something from the lower planes.

Gomar
2011-02-26, 09:48 PM
Blither peers around the tree...trembling just a little. He slowly walks towards Rashduk, then stands at his side like a child.

"Demons? Oh my...that explains why they were so...scary..."

Wannabehero
2011-02-28, 12:32 AM

"If they do be demons, all ta better. Nothin' be righter than sending ta hellspawn back ta where they belong!"

The dwarf's smile is all teeth behind bushy beard as he recovers his equipment. Leaning against his large and sturdy spear, the cleric inspects his companions.

"Anyone needin' patchin' up afore we scope out this here cave?" he asks, obviously eager to continue into the dark cavern.

RanWilde
2011-03-01, 10:19 PM
Not I. We should continue onward. Perhaps we should light torches?

Gray Mage
Is there any sort of light emanating from the cavern or will we need to light our torches?

Gray Mage
2011-03-02, 12:51 AM
Deeper in the cave, torches hang at regular intervals, giving enough light to only badly illuminate the interior. Here and there bones and rags lie at the ground, the remains of lesser warriors that dared to pursue the kidnapers.

Wannabehero
2011-03-04, 11:43 AM

Growing impatient, the dwarf begins to charge off into the semi-lit cavern

"Allright chums, let's do this!" he cries out as he heads into the cave.

RanWilde
2011-03-05, 10:38 AM
Talbot follows quickly behind him. He continuously looks into the cavern as far as possible, alert for movement.

Jjeinn-tae
2011-03-06, 09:02 PM
Sir Rashduk attempts to run in stride with the dwarf; but as he was previously wiping off his falchion is a good deal behind him. "Aye, whatever they are, they've caused their last bit of trouble."

Lady Moreta
2011-03-07, 12:04 AM
"Hey, wait for me!" Tela cries indignantly, rushing into the cave after the others, trying to catch up to Garum to be at the front, where she prefers to be.

The_Admiral
2011-03-07, 01:09 AM
James stays at the back next to Blither and asks him Which college you went to?

Gray Mage
2011-03-07, 05:55 PM
You walk through the cave, thankfully there are no forks in it and soon you reach the sanctuary. It's a small shrine, made of polished stone, measuring 15 feet by 15 feet and not being taller than one floor. The double ash doors show no sign of any symbol whatsoever. The doors opens, revealing the room within, the air with considerable more humidity than the outside. The moment you enter, you feel a small spatial disconfort as the inside of it is a square with 35 feet of side, much bigger than the outside. The walls are made of the same material as the outside, and the flagstone floor is dirtied by mud. Torches hang at regular intervals, illuminating the whole room. In the wall across from you there's an iron door in the right corner.

Lady Moreta
2011-03-08, 09:29 PM
Tela peers around curiously, moving further into the rooms and poking at the walls and floors. "I don't think I like this room." She announces, "it makes me feel all - backwards."

RanWilde
2011-03-12, 12:32 AM
It does look... strange. Does anyone recognize who the shrine is honoring?

Talbot begins to cautiously search the room for traps and magical apparatus. He pays particular attention to the shrine.

Gray Mage

Search Check:
[roll0]

The_Admiral
2011-03-12, 02:31 AM
James says What the Hell? walks outside the room cast detect magic and studies the room for as long as possible

Spellcraft skill check to discover the spell school
[roll0]

Gray Mage
2011-03-12, 10:10 AM
Talbot
You don't find anything.

JamesThere is a strong conjuration effect envolving the shrine, although you can identify it as not being a spell per se, but more likely some sort of side effect.

The_Admiral
2011-03-12, 07:41 PM
James scratches his head stares at the box and says OK either this box summons monsters which is very unlikely because of the size differential or it teleports.

Lady Moreta
2011-03-14, 11:13 PM
Tela stops her wandering around the room long enough to look puzzled at James, "It does what?" she sounds baffled. "Did you need someone to try it?" She makes the offer quite enthusatically, clearly she's been a 'someone to try it' before.

The_Admiral
2011-03-26, 04:00 AM
Tela I need you to smash through that door. pointing to the door in the right corner and casting mage armour on her before she runs to the door.

Lady Moreta
2011-03-26, 07:19 AM
Really? I can?" Tela's eyes light up, it seems she isn't often given permission to break things - intentionally at least. She turns towards the door and runs at it, full tilt.

OOC:
Crap... I don't know what to roll for smashing a door...

Gray Mage
2011-03-28, 08:06 AM
First Tela attempts forcing the door open, only for it to remain as unmovable as an unmovable rod. A little irritated by this, she takes her greataxe in hand, bringing it down on the door. A loud clang emits as metal meets metal, but although the effect of the axe is visible, it's nowhere near being destroyed.

OOC: If you take a full round action, you'll hit any unmovable object.

DM
Porta: 53 PV

Lady Moreta
2011-04-04, 07:49 AM
Tela stares at the door, looking frustrated, before making another attempt.

Wait! I have Power Attack... *pause while my husband explains it to me*
Attack: [roll0] (-3 attack)
Damage: [roll1] (+6 damage because it's a two handed weapon and according to my D&D advisor that means the extra damage is doubled.

Jjeinn-tae
2011-04-05, 03:40 PM
Sir Rashduk watches the clanging intently, breaking and entry is not generally a paladin's work. He looks about the room, hoping to find something.

Search Check:[roll0]

Gray Mage
2011-04-06, 06:34 PM
The barbarian swings harder now, making another gap at the door no bigger than the first one.

Rashduk
You find a pebble on the floor. Yay. Other than that the room apears to hold no secrets.

DM
Porta: 46 PV

PS: If you guys could also give me a listen check that would be great.

The_Admiral
2011-04-07, 01:21 AM
Listen
[roll0]

RanWilde
2011-04-08, 11:36 AM
Listen
[roll0]

Lady Moreta
2011-04-10, 09:16 PM
Tela leaned back, resting her greataxe on the floor and leaning on it. She wasn't the brightest and she knew it, but she knew fighting and she knew a losing battle when she saw it. "This is stupid" she announced. Shouldering her weapon she marched forwards and grasped the door's handle, pulling sharply back to open the door.

Gray Mage
2011-04-17, 02:49 PM
The heavy door opens up revealing a 25 X 35 room very much like this one. The second thing you notice is that further south there are three entrances, an iron Porticullis to the right, another iron door in the middle and a what seems like a white marble door to the left. To the east there is an archway. The first thing to be noticed, however, are the cloacked shapes of six rather bulky beings, some of them brandishing either a javelin or a falchion (three more in the back with a javelin and two in front with the falcions, with the sixth unarmed in the middle. Judging by their hand gestures they are not pleased with your presence in their base, expecially since two of them threw their javelins in Tela's direction. The first one makes a far too high arch, logding itself in the ceiling, while the second hits the barbarian straight on, dealing 5 hp damage.

Map (Badly done)

|ABCDE
1 C
3C C
4___C
6CC

Door you came in is above A1. Other doors at A7, C7 E7 and E7.

In case it wasn't clear, enemies at C1, A3, C3, D4, A6 and B6.

(The ones far back are the ones that threw the javelins.

Roll for initiative.

The_Admiral
2011-04-28, 02:43 AM
I cast Grease in front of Tela

{table=head]/|A|B|C|D|E

1|
G|
CG|||

2|
G|
G|||

3|
C||
C||

4||||
C|

5|||||

6|
C|
C|||

7|||||[/table]

G= grease spot
C enemy
OOC
You are in the doorway right?

Gray Mage
2011-04-28, 05:30 PM
The enemy standing besides the door falls on his rear end due to James' spell.

Lady Moreta
2011-04-30, 06:42 AM
Tela laughs delightedly as the nearest enemy falls on his rear. She seems quite content to ignore both him and the wound inflicted by the enemy javelin.

At least, she seems so at first.

Utterly disregarding the one closest to her, she hastily pulls her bow and draws to fire at one further into the room.

OOC
Yes, Tela at least, is in the doorway.
Firing at the dude in A3

Gray Mage
2011-05-01, 06:23 PM
Tela's arrow soars through the air, but the cloacked being has little trouble evading it, merely tilting his head to the side.

Jjeinn-tae
2011-05-03, 11:09 PM
Sir Rashduk reached down and grabbed a pebble his keen eyes noticed. Even in this blank box, nature managed to find it's way in. At that moment the door was open and combat started, and Rashduk quickly drew his bow and fired towards the enemy he had the best shot at in the next room.

Move Action: Draw Bow.
Standard Action: Fire Bow [roll0][roll1]Crit check: [roll2][roll3]

Gray Mage
2011-05-07, 11:25 AM
Rashduk's arrow, on the other hand, managed to fly directly towards his target, barely missing his heart, but still causing damage.

The cloacked beings move towards you, stopping just before the greased area, except for the fallen one, that didn't manage to stand up again.
{table=head]\|A|B|C|D|E

1|
G|
CG|C||

2|
G|
G|C||

3|
C|C|
C||

4|||||

5|||||

6|
C||||

7|||||[/table]

G= grease spot
C enemy

The_Admiral
2011-05-13, 01:04 AM
James uses his last spell as a grease and then draws his crossbow

{table=head]\|A|B|C|D|E

1|
G|
CG|C||

2|
G|
G|]|
CG|]|
CG|||

3|
C|]|
CG||
]|
CG|||

4|||||

5|||||

6|
C||||

7|||||[/table]

G= grease spot
C enemy

Gray Mage
2011-05-16, 09:02 PM
((What exactly is the greased area? B3, B2, C3 and C2?))

The_Admiral
2011-05-16, 11:45 PM
OOc
yes the greased area is in B2 B3 C2 and C3

Jjeinn-tae
2011-05-17, 01:22 AM
Sir Rashduk reaches into his quiver, and knocks a second arrow. He looses at the closest falchion wielder. "Tela, try to keep them out of this room, at least until they've ran out of blades." If they could just hold off their melee, the rest should be easy pickings. Unless the unarmored one in the center was a mage.

He steps forward a bit, should Tela have difficulting in melee, he'll be ready to jump in.

Bear in mind, my last attack was not a critical, I just roll that at the same time just in case.

Standard Action: Bow Attack [roll0][roll1] Crit Confirmation: [roll2][roll3]
Move Action/Five-Foot Step: Step forward a bit, 10 feet behind Tela.

Gray Mage
2011-05-17, 09:09 PM
The enemies at C2 and B3 manage to stand their ground firmly under the affected area, but the third one is not so lucky, falling prone.

Meanwhile, sir Rashduk's arrow soars, finishing off the enemy at A3, him falling down to the ground with a loud *thud*, motionless.

(OOC: I understood that, hence the "barely missing the heart" bit, because it was close to a nat 20.)

Lady Moreta
2011-05-19, 03:40 AM
Seeing the enemies move in closer, Tela drops her longbow in delight and grasps the haft of her axe instead. Grinning she sets herself firmly and takes a swing.

Aiming at the chap in B1 if I may :smallsmile:

Gray Mage
2011-05-19, 08:11 PM
Tela's axe swings wildly, barely hitting the being, but doing it strongly enough to kill him outright, his head and hood to fall down, reavealing his face. He's almost an text-book example of a half-orc, with small tusks being visible in his half opened mouth, but his skin color, a sort of brick red, makes him stand out.

Gray Mage
2011-05-25, 05:00 PM
The three that are left standing in the greased area make motions to move toward you, but don't manage to stand still in the slippery floor and fall down.

Then, the cloacked men in the middle, having been quiet until now, looks around him for a while. Then, appareantly having made a decicion, he turn to the farthest one from you, shouting to him in a strange language. The farthest one then darts across the room, leaving through the east entrance, while the middle one chants, a thin fog starts leaving his cloack and surrounds most of the room, while also spilling out into the room you're in..

{table=head]\|A|B|C|D|E

1|
FG|
FG|FCG|F| F

2|
FG|F
G|FCG|F|F

3|F|FCG|
FCG|F|

4|F|F|F|F|
5|F|F|F|F|F

6||F|F|F|

7|||F||[/table]

G = grease spot
C = enemy (as they were before the fog).
F = Fog

Lady Moreta
2011-05-26, 12:23 AM
Tela yells something best left untranslated in orcish, stepping forwards towards the nearest person she remembers seeing and swinging hard.

"That's not fair!" she protests.

OOC:
moving to B1 and attacking the dude who is hopefully still in C1
Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

I'm not sure what sort of miss chance the fog will cause so I'll let you sort that one out and deduct whatever is necessary

Gray Mage
2011-05-28, 08:02 PM
OOC:
I'm not sure what sort of miss chance the fog will cause so I'll let you sort that one out and deduct whatever is necessary

OOC: 20% miss chance for those that are beside you and 50% for those that are farther away. Would you like me to roll it?

Lady Moreta
2011-05-28, 09:12 PM
OOC: 20% miss chance for those that are beside you and 50% for those that are farther away. Would you like me to roll it?

Yes please, percentage rolls confuse me :smallsmile:

Gray Mage
2011-05-30, 06:37 PM
Yes please, percentage rolls confuse me :smallsmile:

OOC: Well, it's actually pretty simple. In this case, you have a 20% (aka a roll of 20 or less in a d% [d100], 4 or less in a d20, 2 or less in a d10 or an 1 in a d5, ) chance to miss the attack completely, no matter how you roll. In the other rolls the attack is considered as normal.

[roll0]

Tela moves through the fog, barely seeing what is in front of her until she stops besides the fallen enemy. He, as well, is an odd half-orc and gives her a last, determined look before the heavy axe swings down, making his blood drain from his body, making him inconscient.

The_Admiral
2011-06-02, 10:07 AM
Having exausted his repertoire of spell, James walks into the fog and looses his crossbow in the general direction of the person that cast the fog
Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]
Percentage
[roll2]

Gray Mage
2011-06-02, 09:04 PM
Having exausted his repertoire of spell, James walks into the fog and looses his crossbow in the general direction of the person that cast the fog
Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]
Percentage
[roll2]

(OOC: The correct percentage against a foe farther then 5ft is 50%, but you'll miss it anyway.)

James' bolt flies across the room and you hear the sound of it lodging itself in the oposite wall.

Jjeinn-tae
2011-06-03, 03:48 PM
Distracted momentarily by the strange red face of the orc, Rashduk stores his bow, and begins moving in nearby Tela, drawing his falchion along the way. He uses detect evil once he's there to at least get a general direction of the nearby enemy.

"Elhonna grants me senses beyond the common realm; your mist does not bother me."

I'm sure, even though Detect Evil technically doesn't grant him better accuracy rules-wise, Rashduk would feel like it does, I mean the mist doesn't block it.

Move Action: Sheathe Bow
Move Action: Move forward to square adjacent to Tela (and the enemy she swung at if he can reach) drawing his Falchion on the way.
Free Action: Detect Evil, Boast.

Gray Mage
2011-06-05, 11:04 AM
Rashduk
You detect the presence of evil in the aproximate location that the cloacked being were.

Rashduk's boast echoes in the marble room, resonating for a while.

You can't notice any of the enemies actions.

Lady Moreta
2011-06-07, 06:16 AM
Frowning, aware only that she'd killed the orc before her by the feel of her axe in flesh, Tela started walking forwards - surely the best way to find these people was to go looking for them.

OOC
Just going to walk forwards until she hits the wall, seeing if she runs into anyone on the way.

Gray Mage
2011-06-09, 09:43 PM
Tela
You do not find any enemies in your path.

Lady Moreta
2011-06-11, 08:05 PM
There's a sound of a thud as Tela hits the floor with the handle of her axe in frustration. Staring through the foggy gloom, she calls out to the others, "I didn't find anyone. What do I do now?"

The_Admiral
2011-06-18, 10:12 PM
after panicking in the fog for some time, James closes his eyes concentrates,
cast detect magic and opens his eyes with renewed confidence all while reloading his crossbow.
OOC
I am going to use detect magic like a radar to look for a spell-caster or at least a magical item

Jjeinn-tae
2011-06-20, 06:29 PM
”Stand fast Tela, try to find them with your ears." Rashduk calls out, as he continues focusing, trying to poinpoint an opponent.

Standard Action: focusing detect evil to get a clearer picture.

Lady Moreta
2011-06-20, 09:11 PM
Tela made a soft sound of frustration, but years of exploration and adventure had taught her to pay attention to those smarter than herself. Besides, she preferred being told what to do - it made things so much simpler. She stood quite silent and strained to hear.

OOC:
Making a listen check: [roll0]