PDA

View Full Version : Red Hand of Doooooooom! [IC]

Niezck
2010-11-28, 02:07 PM
The road crests a small rise and descends into a dusty grove in a large, shallow dell. An abandoned farmhouse, partially visible through the trees stands on one side of the road . You've passed a dozen spots much like this one already today, but this one feels wrong. Then you glimpse the glint of mail through the brush by the side of the road. Fierce warriors--tall, hairy humanoids with wide mouths and flat faces--are lying in wait!

Roll Initiative please.

Map: (Please excuse my horrible MSPaint skills.)

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g318/niezck/Grid1.png

The grey lines indicate the edge of the road. Everything else is shrubbery. The green outline is the abandoned farmhouse.

Blue squares are the enemies you can see, along with the purple along the path.

Pick a place in the red zone to place your character.

Eldan
2010-11-28, 04:50 PM
Bound: Paimon the Dancer.
+4 to dexterity, Uncanny Dodge, Whirlwind attack as a bonus feat and a dervish-dance like attack every five rounds.

Initiative:
1d20+4

MikelaC1
2010-11-28, 04:51 PM
(Put me at E5)
(Claiming Blue as speech color0
[roll0] Initiative

Eldan
2010-11-28, 04:53 PM
Screwed up the roll.
[roll0]
E4 for my starting spot.

Also, what are the yellow squares?

Starsign
2010-11-28, 08:37 PM
Initiative Roll: [roll0]
I claim Lime Green at Savannah's request :smalltongue:
I will also start at C3

Savannah
2010-11-28, 08:39 PM
Edric is walking (D5), leading Misty (C3/D3/C4/D4, I guess).

Intiative [roll0]

Edit, OOC: MY EYES!! Please go with a more reasonable shade of green or I fear I won't be able to read anything you say, Starsign. Meanwhile, I suppose I shall claim Sienna.

MikelaC1
2010-11-30, 08:41 PM
LYSINDRA

Lysindra casts a quick spell on herself, and then moves to engage the hobgoblin at J5

Standard action: Cast Mage Armour on self
Move action: Move 4 squares (20 ft) to J5
No actions left to attack with

Eldan
2010-12-01, 03:37 AM
Stance: Absolute Steel (+10 ft. movement, +1d6 damage)
Bound: Bound: Paimon the Dancer.
+4 to dexterity, Uncanny Dodge, Whirlwind attack as a bonus feat and a dervish-dance like attack every five rounds.
pact Augmentation: 5HP.

Initiate: Sudden Leap (Jump as a swift action).
Jump check:
Jumping to G3.
Then: using Paimon's Dance: move a full move (40ft.), attack every enemy you come by.
Attack Humanoid H3: [roll]1d20+10
Damage: 1d8+5+1d6
Move to I5, attack Humanoid J5
1d20+10
Move to K7, attack Humanoid L7 1d20+10
Move Action: Move to G11.

Eldan
2010-12-01, 03:43 AM
God-damn no rolls in edits...
Attack Humanoid H3: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]+[roll2]
Move to I5, attack Humanoid J5
[roll3]
Damage: [roll4]+[roll5]
Move to K7, attack Humanoid L7 [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]+[roll8]

Starsign
2010-12-01, 06:42 PM
Quickly looking around, Natalie creates an orange glyph in front of her with three circles. The circles starts glowing in power as they are released in bolts of magic striking the close-by hobgoblin.

Casts Magic Missile at the hobgoblin at A6.
Attack rolls: [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Damage rolls: [roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Eldan
2010-12-01, 06:49 PM
Tineas springs into action, ripping a slender elven sword from it's silver-embroidered scabard as he jumps, landing inches before one of the hobgoblins, swinging his sword in a wide circle at throat height as he spins and changes direction, attacking a second hobgoblin and a third with rapid slashes, before he spins around once more and charges a fourth.

Savannah
2010-12-01, 07:22 PM
Edric swings up onto Misty's back and spurs her towards the closest creature, lance at the ready.

DC 20 Ride check to mount as a free action [roll0] (includes armor check penalty). If it fails, mounting is a move action. Auto-succeed at DC 5 Ride check to guide horse with knees.

I must confess I'm not sure who is technically charging as a full round action for a mounted charge. If the Ride check is successful, both Edric and Misty have a full round action, but if it is not, Misty has a full round action and Edric only has a standard action. Regardless, if we're surrounded by shrubbery, I suspect that the ground is not level enough for a charge.

If by some miracle, charging is possible, he uses ride-by attack to charge past the creature at A6, so as to be able to line up another attack next round. Failing that, he rides up to the creature and attacks normally.

Lance [roll1] (if charging is possible, +2)
Damage [roll2] (if charging, +[roll3])

Niezck
2010-12-02, 11:35 AM
Lysindra moves forward and buffs herself as Tineas bursts into action and slices his way past a number of the hobgoblins, almost felling the first two and leaving the third bleeding on the floor. The second and thurd manage to attack him as he does so, dealing a total of 4 damage.

Edric mounts Misty and charges the nearest Hobgoblin, killing it outright as he rides past.

The hobgoblins, somewhat frightened by the sudden death of two of their allies, shout something in goblin.
((For those that know it:))

Quick! Lord Zarr!

The creature at H2 then releases an arrow toward Natalie as the one at B9 fires at Edric. The two remaining hobgoblins attack their combat partners. The arrows miss widely but the longsword strike home as Tinease takes a further 7 damage and Lysindra takes 3 damage.

You all see a large humanoid figure emerge from the farm building, heavy mace in hand and clad in chain mail. A wave of his hands and some ancient words later and Tineas feels a strange force grasp him, as though dragging him to the ground. ((I rolled a reactionary save in the OOC ... You got a 1. It's a Hold Person effect so you need to roll a DC 16 will save each round))

Following him is another hobgoblin, wielding two short swords who shouts to the group: "You! Will any of you fight me? Any of you dare to fight me alone?!"

As he runs out, he catches sight of the helpless Tineas and lunges at him with a shortsword, dealing 7 damage.

A strange beast then appears from the bushed further down the road, a fiery creature that looks almost like a large dog. It charges toward Lysindra and attempts to bite her with its mighty jaw. Had she not had already protected herself, it would've surely made contact. ((DC 10 Knowledge: The Planes to identify it))

Natalie, taking slowly to the fight, releases a hail of missiles toward the nearest hobgoblin at H2, slaying it thanks to its previous wound from Tineas.

Finally, another of the fiery wolf creatures emerges from the farmhouse and assaults Tineas along with the other two hobgoblins, dealing 2 damage along with 5 fire damage as its flaming jaw tears at the helpless binder.

((Map:))

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g318/niezck/Grid1-9.png

Round 2.

MikelaC1
2010-12-02, 06:34 PM
LYSINDRA

Despite having a second attacker on her, Lysindra chooses to concentrate on the hobgoblin that she first engaged, striking at him with her cutlass

[roll0] attack
[roll1] damage

Eldan
2010-12-02, 06:38 PM
Save:
[roll0]

Starsign
2010-12-03, 09:26 AM
In a hurry to act, Natalie rushes as fast as possible to Lysindra. She stops partway however to create a glyph under her feet that creates a coat of orange energy around her.

Move to G6, Casts Mage Armor

Savannah
2010-12-03, 11:58 PM
Edric and Misty turn to attack the fiery beast attacking Tineas (assuming that that's the purple square at H11, if not, whoever is the purple square).

I think the path for a charge is clear. If so, he wants to go past the creature at H11, attacking it on the way, and end up in the K12-ish area. If not, he'll end up H9/I9/H10/I10 H8/I8/H9/I9. Because a lance is a reach weapon. *facepalm*

Lance [roll0] (-2 if not charging)
Damage [roll1] + [roll2] (use only the first if not charging)

Niezck
2010-12-11, 05:45 AM
Striking at the nearest hobgoblin, Lysindra fells her opponent in one swift blow.

Tineas, now free from the holding effect, looks around worriedly at his three assailants.

Edric urges Misty forwards as the duo smash into the hellhound attacking Tineas, taking the hound's head clean off of its flaming shoulders.

The remaining hobgoblins look around in mild panic, the one engaged with Tineas swinging wildly at him and missing entirely. The other remaining hobgoblin releases an arrow at Natalie, instead hitting the shrubbery to her left.

The hobgoblin caster, now knowing Edric and Misty to be a significant threat, pulls a scroll from his belt and utters the magical words upon it. A smouldering tower of divine fire descends upon the duo, dealing 16 fire damage and 16 divine damage. ((Reflex save DC 17 for half)).

Another quick incantation follows and the caster approaches Edric and Misty, mace in hand.

((DC 15 and 14 Spellcraft respectively:))

Flame Strike

Divine Power

The dual-wielding hobgoblin is next, assaulting Tineas with his blades, hitting only once and dealing 3 damage.

The Hellhound near Lysindra springs into action, unleashing a fiery breath at the swashbuckler, dealing 10 fire damage. ((DC 13 reflex for half)).

Finally, Natalie runs toward Lysindra, enchanting herself as she does.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g318/niezck/Grid1-10.png

Round 3 begins.

MikelaC1
2010-12-11, 08:39 AM
LYSINDRA

[roll0]

Lysindra pivots to face the hell hound, a movement which also allows her to dodge most of the effects of the hounds breath, and wields her cutlass to deadly effect on the beast

[roll1] attack
[roll2] damage

MikelaC1
2010-12-11, 08:40 AM
and boo-yah...threat

[roll0] confirm
[roll1] extra damage

EDIT: Just noticed that my damage bonus is +5, not +4, so those damage rolls should be 7 and 9 on the crit if confirmed.

Savannah
2010-12-11, 10:45 PM
Reflex saves:
Edric [roll0] Edit: owww....
Misty [roll1]

Which square is the caster? I can't tell.

Starsign
2010-12-12, 10:25 PM
Seeing the hobgoblin cast magic, indicating he's a spellcaster, Natalie charges towards him, creating a ray of flames from her mace that flashes itself towards the hobgoblin caster.

Move to K8.
Casts Scorching Ray on the caster at (I presume) K8.
Ranged Touch Attack roll: [roll0]
Ranged Touch Damage roll: [roll1]

Savannah
2010-12-13, 07:20 PM
Edric directs Misty to step over nearer to the caster, and attacks with his lance. (If the caster drops from Natalie's attack before Edric responds, he will attack the warrior instead.)

Lance [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Eldan
2010-12-15, 04:11 PM
Attack roll on the Warrior.
[roll0]

Damage from Insightful Strike:
[roll1]

Eldan
2010-12-15, 04:19 PM
Tineas slowly inhales as the momentary paralysis fades from his limbs. Then quickly, he assesses one muscle after the other in his arms, shoulders and chest, tensing and relaxing each of them in sequence for a split second while going through them in his head.
Then, time seems to slow down for a single, endless moment.
Exhale.
Eyes closed. Sword gripped with both hands, soft strips of black leather over cold, elven steel.
Inhale .
Sword raised above the head, weight on the other foot, arms angled.
Exhale.
Eyes open. The enemy wears chainmail, but no helmet, no coif. Upper guard with a mace and a high strike? Foolish.
Inhale.
Quick backhand strike against the shoulder, step forward, downwards strike with the short edge. Countering the hew while hitting the throat.
Exhale.
No time to enjoy victory.

Blood splatters Tineas and the hobgoblin next to him as the huge warrior slumps to the ground, his throat opened messily almost from side to side, a few last spurts wetting the grass as he collapses. The mace crashes to the ground, and Tineas spins around, assuming a new guard, hilt next to the ear, point towards the other hobgolin.

Critical confirmation:
[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]
Move Action: Looking Cool
Standard Action: Insightful Strike
Swift Action: being awesome

Niezck
2011-01-01, 10:12 AM
Lysindra strikes at the nearby hellhound, nearly felling the creature with a blow to its fiendish head.

Tineas, not once losing his composure, releases a single swift strike at the nearby blademaster. In that one blow, he literally slices his foe in two, ending the hobgoblin's life.

Edric finds himself and Misty just within charging range and so takes the opportunity, thundering towards the cleric and striking him square in the chest with a lance.

The hobgoblins begin to realize that this fight may soon be over, and so take every opportunity to retreat. The one facing Tineas decides to take his chances and make a run for it toward K15. Tineas, however, is at the top of his game following the slaying of the blademaster and manages to strike at the hobgoblin's legs as he flees, wounding him severely. ((8 damage.))

Seeing his fellow being assault by Tineas as he fled, the other hobgoblin decides not to risk getting past the warrior and instead flees toward L14.

The hobgoblin cleric springs into action, retaliating against Edric and Misty. With unnatural combat prowess, he lands two hits on Edric, dealing 25 total damage.

The hellhound near Lysindra, finding itself lethargic due to its gaping wounds, finally manages to release an attack. It attempts to bite the sorceress, but failing miserably as it groans in pain.

And finally, Natalie leaps forwards toward K8. En route, she releases a ray of roaring flame at the cleric, wounding him further.

As she does that, however, you all hear a strange horn being blown. Looking to the south, you see another band of hobgoblins, presumably reinforcements, arriving. Six more hobgoblin archers accompanied by another hobgoblin adorned in plate and wielding a mace, like the cleric.

The plated hobgoblin inspects the situation before crying out "Purge them all!" as the archers take aim.

Three arrows are fired at Tineas, each missing him entirely. Three more are fired at Edric with a single one striking home, dealing 4 damage.

The new cleric then takes to action, leaping toward his comrade and casting a spell on him as his ally disappears entirely. ((Spellcraft DC 12))

Invisibility

Round 4 begins.

As before, blue = hobgoblin, yellow = cleric (1 is the original, 2 is the new one) and purple = hellhound.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g318/niezck/Grid1-12.png

Savannah
2011-01-01, 09:08 PM
Edric slumps over, unconscious, in the saddle (assuming this is 75 or below, otherwise he falls off [roll0]). Misty spins and carries him at a sprint to Natalie's side.

If you can heal me for at least 1, I'll be conscious...

Edit: is Int 6 enough for Misty to take a withdraw action? If so, she will.

Starsign
2011-01-01, 09:59 PM
Natalie, noticing Edric falling unconscious, runs to his side and whispers a quiet blessing. A soft, greenish-white light envelops Edric for a moment before it disperses, revealing wounds on his body that have healed up.

Move to Edric, as close as possible. Cast Cure Moderate Wounds.[roll0]