PDA

View Full Version : (3.5)Turning a Fey creature into a Humanoid or Giant.

Goonthegoof
2010-11-28, 03:11 PM
I'm trying to get a Fey creature to qualify for the Fey Blood (http://www.giantitp.com/articles/3CsX278ZDGQQ62al3RP.html) feat, which unfortunately affects humanoids and giants only. Does anyone know of a template that applies to fey that results in humanoid or giant type?

Alternately, does Polymorph Any Object change the creature's type?

Siosilvar
2010-11-28, 03:13 PM
You're using homebrew in the first place... where's the problem?

hamishspence
2010-11-28, 03:16 PM
I think Fey might be higher up the tree than humanoid or giant, according to Savage Species.

EDIT- it's on the "same level" as giant is.

And half-troll from Fiend Folio can be added to many creatures, including Fey, to give them the Giant type.

So, with Half-troll, you can turn a Fey into a Giant.

vegetalss4
I think half-troll could do it.

Goonthegoof
It's on a set list of allowed homebrew that doesn't appear to be alterable.

Goonthegoof
2010-11-28, 03:18 PM
Half troll could work, thank you guys very much.

As a side note, does Polymorph Any Object change the creature's type? As in could I take it if I were Polymorph Any Object'd into a human?

Darrin
2010-11-28, 04:55 PM
As a side note, does Polymorph Any Object change the creature's type? As in could I take it if I were Polymorph Any Object'd into a human?

This usually works (subject to the DM throwing books at you), but it can be dispelled. If you're the same size and shape as the form your polymorphing into, the duration is generally permanent. If your original size/shape is different, you can cast PaO twice to make it permanent.

hamishspence
2010-11-28, 04:57 PM
Isn't casting PAO twice the primary reason for DMs throwing books?

Heliomance
2010-11-28, 05:07 PM
Half fey->DustformSand (makes it a construct, +2 LA)->Incarnate ConstructSS (makes it humanoid or giant depending on size, IIRC, -2 LA).

Nate the Snake
2010-11-28, 08:44 PM
What fey creature is trying to qualify for Fey Blood? A human with the half-fey template can take the Human Heritage feat (Races of Destiny) to regain the humanoid type, and it still has the racial bonus feat to take Fey Blood.

Alternatively, just houserule that fey creatures can qualify for Fey Blood or even have the benefit inherently. The feat is homebrew anyway.