PDA

View Full Version : [3.5faerun]Now what?

tahu88810
2010-11-28, 03:24 PM
So I'm at a bit of a crossroads here...
In our 3.5 Forgotten Realms campaign, the party consists of a Human Scout and a Sun Elf Beguiler. They were hired to investigate a noble household in waterdeep, and found their way into the skullport where they ended up siding with a group of duergar against a household of drow slavers.
The human was captured, and the beguiler disguised himself as a drow of a renegade household. The human was replaced by a doppelganger assassin intent on taking out the "renegade drow" during the attack, and the "drow" unknowingly rescued him.
This culminated in a battle in a temple of Lolth where the beguiler was knocked unconscious by drow poison, and a lot of blood was spilled onto the altar. The doppelganger then attempted to assassinate the leader of the duergar, but was defeated and knocked down to -7 hitpoints. During this, the blood reacted with the altar's magic and began a summoning. The duergar was left with 1 hitpoint. The beguiler is due to wake up in 1 hour.

I don't want this to be a TPK caused by unconsciousness, so what should the beguiler wake up to in 1 hour?

AstralFire
2010-11-28, 03:42 PM
A drider - one that's been seeking a way to escape its imprisonment after many, many long years, and it hopped the first ride out of driderton. The duergar's managed to keep it entertained and slew the drow that was there. This drider, like many others, has great hate and bitterness - unlike most of its cousins, however, this hate has mostly been filled with a vast emptiness, and while it's not exactly redemption material, it doesn't have too much initiative to take on the enemies of Lolth. Been tortured so much it barely rates that as motivation to obey anymore.

-random-

tahu88810
2010-11-28, 03:44 PM
That sounds like a sick plan. I think I'll use that. Thanks :D