PDA

View Full Version : Drive Q:? (Tech Question)

Meirnon
2010-11-28, 04:05 PM
Hey, guys. Just a tech question.

My computer seemingly spawned an extra drive with 0 bytes called Microsoft Office Click-to-Run 2010 (Protected) (Q:).

I'm the sole admin and user on the laptop, and every attempt to open the drive is met with an access denied error. My attempts afterwards to change ownership of the drive in the properties menu says that the current owner is unable to be displayed and that any attempt I make to switch it to my control is met with another access denied error.

So, I'm a bit curious as to why there is now a Drive Q: with absolutely no space at all under unknown ownership on my computer? Thanks~

TSGames
2010-11-28, 04:07 PM
What OS are you running?

KuReshtin
2010-11-28, 04:19 PM
Hey, guys. Just a tech question.

My computer seemingly spawned an extra drive with 0 bytes called Microsoft Office Click-to-Run 2010 (Protected) (Q:).

I'm the sole admin and user on the laptop, and every attempt to open the drive is met with an access denied error. My attempts afterwards to change ownership of the drive in the properties menu says that the current owner is unable to be displayed and that any attempt I make to switch it to my control is met with another access denied error.

So, I'm a bit curious as to why there is now a Drive Q: with absolutely no space at all under unknown ownership on my computer? Thanks~

It's likely that if the drive is called 'MS Office' whatever, it's a protected partition that contains the trial version of MS Office that is preloaded on your system.
You will not be able to access the drive at all, and if you don't want to use MS Office, and want to recover the drive space, you would need to run a complete recovery of the drive.