PDA

View Full Version : HELP too many feats

Perducci
2010-11-28, 04:32 PM
So, I'm about to begin playing a game that has some ridiculous rules going on...Gestalt.

Anyway the ruling is that even prestige classes can be gestalt.

So, I'm trying to ramp up a character that is a OA Samurai/Fighter that is prestige classing into Hellreaver/Iajutsu Master. It almost makes me sick.

Problem is that I have no idea what to do with all my bonus feats. And to make it tougher, there aren't any restrictions on what bonus feats I can pick up. Play starts at level 4. The feats I have so far are:

Human-Power Attack
1st-Battle Jump
Fighter1-WF Katana
Sam2- Quickdraw
Fighter2- Improved bullrush
3rd- Improved Initiative
Fighter4- ???
Samurai4- ???

I plan on going Shock-Trooper and boosting charisma for Iajustu Master and Hellreaver abilites. My plan is to leap from the heavens to lay down smack in a ridiculously quick flash of a blade upon Evil(tm). With possible explosions and heavy metal.

Any suggestions?

AstralFire
2010-11-28, 04:38 PM
Okay.

Let me get this straight.

You have gestalt, and your first move is to essentially put Fighter + Fighter together.

Fighter Squared. Double-Fighter. FighterxFighter.

F I G H T E R
I G H T E R F
G H T E R F I
H T E R F I G
T E R F I G H
E R F I G H T
R F I G H T E

Okay.

Got that out of my system.

I really recommend that you do not use Fighter2 and instead use the bonus feats rogue (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#rogue) if you really want the feats. But honestly, as you're finding out, it's hard to burn up that many feats at a low level even when you're throwing in terrible ones like Improved Bull Rush... :smalleek: Can I recommend you try something else entirely for your partner? Like... even Monk would make a better partner - huge move speed for Iaijitsu draws...

Godskook
2010-11-28, 04:41 PM
I really recommend that you do not use Fighter2 and instead use the bonus feats rogue (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#rogue) if you really want the feats. But honestly, as you're finding out, it's hard to burn up that many feats at a low level even when you're throwing in terrible ones like Improved Bull Rush... :smalleek: Can I recommend you try something else entirely for your partner? Like... even Monk would make a better partner - huge move speed for Iaijitsu draws...

Improved Bull Rush is a pre-req for Shock Trooper, and as such, is a *GREAT* feat to grab(OP mentioned his plan to get ST).

AstralFire
2010-11-28, 04:43 PM
Missed that - forgot about Shock Trooper. I'm just still like... really in awe of the featiness.

Perducci
2010-11-28, 04:45 PM
I thought I had remembered that variant rogue. Point noted and taken there. Just pretend I said that instead of Fighter.

My friend and I like silly games. I'm wondering what all I can do with it. We usually play martially oriented games. I'm sure his character will be just as ridiculous.

HunterOfJello
2010-11-28, 05:00 PM
don't forget about the Psychic Warrior, they get lots of bonus feats like a fighter, but can select them from the psinoics list and gain power points + psionic powers.

nedz
2010-11-28, 05:10 PM
Erm, I'm slightly confused.

Your thread title suggests that you have more feats than you know what to do with, and yet you are looking for classes that give you more feats ?

darbythegambler
2010-11-28, 05:11 PM
tome of battle allowed? if so, don't forget martial study/stance are available as fighter bonus feats

SurlySeraph
2010-11-28, 05:30 PM
Would you mind being psychic? Two levels in PsyWar are a good way to pick up even more feats, and Psionic Weapon + Deep Impact is a good way to increase to-hit for single attacks.
Shape Soulmeld (Strongheart Vest) is potentially good for a Hellreaver, as it lets you regain holy fury points with impunity.

A nice trick is to take the Feat Rogue variant and then take Daring Outlaw, which stacks Rogue and Swashbuckler levels for Sneak Attack Progression. It lets you get sneak attack and fighter feats from the same levels pretty much for free. If 2-3 levels in Swashbuckler would fit your character concept, it could be quite handy.