PDA

View Full Version : Divine Trickster?

Skjaldbakka
2010-11-28, 04:45 PM
Is there a Rogue/Cleric class, like Arcane Trickster, except for clerics?

The Dark Fiddler
2010-11-28, 05:06 PM
Funny you should mention that... (http://www.giantitp.com/articles/5M5QGsJ5mpbLfAHduZG.html)

Anyway, Complete Adventurer has Shadowbane Stalker and Shadowbane Inquisitor, though they're more Paladin/Rogue (and only Stalker advances casting).

SurlySeraph
2010-11-28, 05:15 PM
Shadowbane Stalker's probably the best one, though there's also Black Flame Zealot, Divine Prankster (Races of Stone), a few with separate casting progressions (Slayer of Domiel, Temple Raider of Olidammara), the Sacred Outlaw feat from Dragon (your cleric and rogue levels stack for Sneak Attack and Turn Undead), and a few others.

@V: 357.

Kalaska'Agathas
2010-11-28, 05:31 PM
Which Dragon is Sacred Outlaw from? Slap that on a Rogue 3/Cloistered Cleric 17 and you're golden, if it's anything like Daring Outlaw.

Skjaldbakka
2010-11-28, 05:36 PM
My Lawful Nuetral cleric is gonna have a hard time getting into any of those...

what about feats/spells to enhance the whole trapfinding/disarming/lockpicking schtick w/o multiclassing?

That is what I am needing to work on. Liberation domain gives me open lock as a class skill, which is maxxed, and I have maxxed cross-class Search and Disable Device.

Our party consists of Druid, Bard, and Cleric (me). The Bard is all social skills, and Clerics were houseruled to have 4+int skill points, so I have some skill points to throw around with my 12 int human.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-11-28, 05:46 PM
My Lawful Nuetral cleric is gonna have a hard time getting into any of those...

what about feats/spells to enhance the whole trapfinding/disarming/lockpicking schtick w/o multiclassing?

That is what I am needing to work on. Liberation domain gives me open lock as a class skill, which is maxxed, and I have maxxed cross-class Search and Disable Device.

Our party consists of Druid, Bard, and Cleric (me). The Bard is all social skills, and Clerics were houseruled to have 4+int skill points, so I have some skill points to throw around with my 12 int human.

If you don't mind losing some of your beat-stick abilities (by which I mean all of them), you could do cloistered cleric (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantcharacterclasses.htm) to get a few more skill points, though that won't help any getting the skills you want as class skills.

AstralFire
2010-11-28, 05:48 PM
Cloistered Cleric doesn't have a real loss to its beat stick abilities since it still maintains most of Cleric's stupid "hurr attack bonus" spells.

SurlySeraph
2010-11-28, 05:48 PM
DMM Persist Find Traps. Consider 2 levels in Divine Oracle so the traps you don't find won't be such a big problem. The Summon Elemental reserve feat can be very useful. Divine Insight, Divine Agility, Iron Silence, Veil of Shadow, Blindsight, Dispel Ward, Chain of Eyes, Stone Shape and Suppress Glyph are potentially useful spells (most of these are from the Spell Compendium).

gorfnab
2010-11-28, 07:09 PM
Which Dragon is Sacred Outlaw from?
Dragon #357

Zeofar
2010-11-28, 08:18 PM
Mythic Exampler, Complete Champion: This probably has some of what you're looking for, but it only gives partial spellcasting progression.

Sanctified one (Of Olidammara), Complete Champion: Again, only partial casting, but there you go.

Scar Enforcer, Races of Destiny: You have to be a half elf, and it only gives partial spellcasting advancement, soooooo...