PDA

View Full Version : Druid Malconvoker

Goonthegoof
2010-11-28, 06:43 PM
So I'm making a character with druid spellcasting that also happens to be a malconvoker, but to become a malconvoker I needed summon monster 3, which is only really obtainable with the Summoner domain. Now I was going to use the Contemplative class for this, but a way in earlier occured- If I take a level of cleric and got the Summoner domain and the Domain Spontaneity feat, then can I convert my druid spells into the various spells from it?

Leon
2010-11-28, 11:54 PM
Talk to your DM.

Ask to have a Domain (or two) instead of another class feature of the Druid.

Psyren
2010-11-28, 11:59 PM
If all you want is "Malconvoker with Druid spells" then I suggest Archivist.

Endarire
2010-11-29, 12:18 AM
I second Psyren. You get the advantage of summon nature's ally at low levels for the body count and summon monster later (spell level 5 or so) for SLAs.

JonRG
2010-11-29, 02:46 AM
I second Psyren. You get the advantage of summon nature's ally at low levels for the body count and summon monster later (spell level 5 or so) for SLAs.

Thirded. That's what I'm doing with my new character.

Tangential Archivist/Malconvoker question: When's the best time to begin progressing in the PrC? Right away at 6th level or after getting more Archivist goodies? Because I'm kinda dragging my heels on taking Spell Focus (Conjuration) on account of its limited utility, so I might be waiting until 7-8th level. :smallannoyed:

Psyren
2010-11-29, 03:10 AM
The general rule with PrCs is "the sooner the better" - particularly one with benefits as good as Malconvoker's.

However, with Archivist you can be forgiven if you wait until 11 - Dread Secret is good enough that getting it sooner can be a big help.

Acanous
2010-11-29, 06:28 AM
it's a PrC. Dip a little now if you want some of the early benefits, then go back 'till you have what you want, or wait for dread secret if you don't need the early bonus.