PDA

View Full Version : Where Does This Go?

Deth Muncher
2010-11-28, 10:03 PM
Hey. I'm trying to find people who want to play Warhammer/40k/Bloodbowl, but I'm not sure if I should go for one of the threads in Gaming: Other, or make a new thread in either Gaming: Other or Finding Players: Recruitment. Or do something else entirely. Thoughts? Please and thanks.

arguskos
2010-11-28, 10:11 PM
Hey. I'm trying to find people who want to play Warhammer/40k/Bloodbowl, but I'm not sure if I should go for one of the threads in Gaming: Other, or make a new thread in either Gaming: Other or Finding Players: Recruitment. Or do something else entirely. Thoughts? Please and thanks.
If you are *looking* for an active group in your IRL area, then Finding Players has been said to be the place to post. I'd suggest then going to the 40k threads and letting folks know that you're looking for a group, and link your "recruitment" thread. That's probably both the correct way to categorize it and the most helpful that actually gets you people.

Deth Muncher
2010-11-28, 10:41 PM
If you are *looking* for an active group in your IRL area, then Finding Players has been said to be the place to post. I'd suggest then going to the 40k threads and letting folks know that you're looking for a group, and link your "recruitment" thread. That's probably both the correct way to categorize it and the most helpful that actually gets you people.

Thanks, Bizarro-Me.

arguskos
2010-11-29, 01:50 AM
Thanks, Bizarro-Me.
You're welcome, Bizarro-Me. :smalltongue:

Also, I am only assuming that's right. I almost want to see a "red response" (lulzblizzardjoke) to ensure the correct decision is made.

Deth Muncher
2010-11-29, 02:09 AM
You're welcome, Bizarro-Me. :smalltongue:

Also, I am only assuming that's right. I almost want to see a "red response" (lulzblizzardjoke) to ensure the correct decision is made.

Well, it's what I did so I hope it's right...

Keld Denar
2010-11-30, 02:23 PM
Well, given the response to the Apples to Apples thread, if you are looking to discuss the game, it should be in Gaming (Other). If you are looking for people, either locally or on the intarwebz, it goes in recruitment.

Deth Muncher
2010-12-01, 02:41 AM
I posted a heads up in the WHFB and WH40k threads, and posted the thread in the Recruitment area, but no bites, it seems.

Irbis
2010-12-01, 05:45 AM
I posted a heads up in the WHFB and WH40k threads, and posted the thread in the Recruitment area, but no bites, it seems.

Well, maybe because most users treats the sub-forum as online search only, and doesn't look there often? :smallconfused:

I'd suggest adding a link to the threat to your sig, or something.

Zeb The Troll
2010-12-01, 06:16 AM
[I]f you are looking to discuss the game, it should be in Gaming (Other). If you are looking for people, either locally or on the intarwebz, it goes in recruitment.Troll Patrol: This adequately sums up the distinction. Adding a link to it in your signature is also probably not a bad idea.