PDA

View Full Version : a Prestiege question

big teej
2010-11-29, 11:25 AM
are there any prestiege classes "meant" for knights? in the sense that some prestiege classes continue to progress certain class features?

(such as many of the 'bardic' prestiege classess, or the special paladin consideration for blackguards)

so far the only build I've been interested in playing is Knight 20 (loyal beyond death!!)

but I am curious if there are even prestiege classes out there that would interest me

thanks in advance.

Quietus
2010-11-29, 11:34 AM
The answer to your question is twofold. First, not that I'm aware of. Second, it's Prestige.

AstralFire
2010-11-29, 11:34 AM
AFAIK, there is none.

Wabbajack
2010-11-29, 11:43 AM
Theoretically Legacy Champion would work, but you need a legacy weapon and it advances 9/10 of any class features that advance with level of one class.

nedz
2010-11-29, 03:12 PM
Like most of the "Unfashionable" classes (in a WotC sense) No.

There are plenty of marshal classes that could be of interest, once you have got all you want from Knight.

Any of the Templer type classes should work.

Or you could even mix in another base class.

Feliks878
2010-11-29, 03:16 PM
What aspects of the Knight do you really want your character to have? If we know that then we can see what level you need to get to in Knight, and what Prestige classes can give you similar/the same abilities.

Unfortunately, like so many of the classes beyond Core, Knights don't have much love outside of the book they're introduced in. And because there are no prestige classes in the PHBII, they get screwed in that department.

grarrrg
2010-11-29, 04:17 PM
are there any prestiege classes "meant" for knights? in the sense that some prestiege classes continue to progress certain class features?

If Pathfinder is an option there are 2 classes worth considering.
Cavalier (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/cavalier) is a base class, and more of a Knight-re-make.
Battle Herald (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/battle-herald) is a psuedo-Knight PrC. It has d10hd, full bab, good Fort and Will saves. It does require 'Inspire Courage', so a Bard dip is necessary.

Other than that your best option is homebrew.

big teej
2010-11-29, 07:12 PM
to be perfectly honest, I really am satisfied with a knight 20 build, I was simply curious if there were prestiege options.

because I LOVE the loyal beyond death thing. not so crazy about it being at 20th level, but I just love the feel and workings of the class.

KillianHawkeye
2010-11-29, 08:04 PM
Again, it's spelled prestige. :smallsigh:

Thurbane
2010-11-30, 07:24 PM
Theoretically Legacy Champion would work, but you need a legacy weapon and it advances 9/10 of any class features that advance with level of one class.
Close - it's actually 8/10.

Also, there is Uncanny Trickster (CS) that does the same thing (only 2/3).

gorfnab
2010-11-30, 08:38 PM
Hellreaver from Fiendish Codex II might work for a Knight. Otherwise Knight with some Crusader levels works fairly nicely.