PDA

View Full Version : [starwars d20] Non-Force Optimization

Sir Swindle89
2010-11-29, 01:37 PM
I'm trying to make a bad ass soldier type in a Starwars game coming up (Rectangle books not the goofy square ones) and i'm kinda hitting a wall as far as options go.

Rapid fire/Multifire and Wepon spec and the like seem to be the only good ranged options, Improved crit seems valuable because of crits doing wound damage. None of the PrC's seem usefull at all, unless i underestimate the worth of sneak attacking with laser cannon.

I haven't explored the powered armor option yet (too low level to be viable) but multiple heavy wepons seem good.

Is there some supplement out there i missed. somthing to do for soldiers what the PHB2 did for fighters?

AstralFire
2010-11-29, 01:42 PM
Soldiers... are pretty damn good.

Star Wars d20/d20 RCR? Honestly my best recommendation to you is to switch over to Star Wars Saga; it's one of the best d20 systems ever, while SW d20 is solidly bad, and d20 RCR is mediocre.

Dienekes
2010-11-29, 03:04 PM
I really hate it when you ask for something and the only response is something completely counter to what you asked for.

But I'm gonna be a big ole hypocrit and second AstralFire. Those goofy square books have a better system in their pages.

But back to your question. Unless memory fails me you are right ranged sneak attack is a lot harder to make work than it should, Improved Crit is ok, Rapid Fire/Multifire are decent options.

And that's about it.

AstralFire
2010-11-29, 03:05 PM
Yeah... I know. :smallredface: But that's the most contribution I can make; I barely bothered with d20 SW and my mechanical knowledge of it has been gummed up by time and other systems now.