PDA

View Full Version : Nale's Explanation

turkishvan2
2010-11-29, 01:59 PM
During Nale's explanation of the elemental sigils in strip 47, the panels showing the sigils and the monsters guarding them are shown in the order of red, blue, brown. Later, in strip 351, when Nale is explaining that Elan's allies can't help him now, the panels show Haley fighting Kitty in the red therapist's office, Yokyok chasing Belkar with a blue sky above them, and Roy fighting Sabine in a brown warehouse. I highly doubt this a coincidence.

Conuly
2010-11-29, 02:41 PM
So what meaning do you attach to that, and how is it likely to affect future strips, do you think?

Bedinsis
2010-11-29, 03:05 PM
I actually think it is a coincidence. A nice one at that, but still a coincidence.

Cizak
2010-11-29, 03:25 PM
I highly suspect this is a coincidence.

turkishvan2
2010-11-29, 03:52 PM
So what meaning do you attach to that, and how is it likely to affect future strips, do you think?
I don't think it will affect future strips, or that there is a meaning to it, I just meant I think Rich did it intentionally. Nothing more, nothing less.

calar
2010-11-29, 04:38 PM
They're two pretty vague references that just happen to have the same color scheme, pretty sure its nothing.

Logalmier
2010-11-29, 04:47 PM
Also, remember Belkar's lead sheet? Well, both the times he brought it out, the background was A SHADE OF BLUE! That's far too unlikely to be a coincidence.

What? You think Rich would put that in there and NOT intend it to be a dramatic bit of foreshadowing, hinting at the possible return of the lead sheet?:smalltongue:

turkishvan2
2010-11-29, 05:22 PM
Also, remember Belkar's lead sheet? Well, both the times he brought it out, the background was A SHADE OF BLUE! That's far too unlikely to be a coincidence.

What? You think Rich would put that in there and NOT intend it to be a dramatic bit of foreshadowing, hinting at the possible return of the lead sheet?:smalltongue:
I like your sense of sarcasm, Logalmier. However, as I said above, I didn't think it was foreshadowing, I just find it odd.

Jallorn
2010-11-29, 06:18 PM
Twice is a coincidence, three times a conspiracy.

Zmflavius
2010-11-29, 09:09 PM
How many reasonable background shades can you think of anyhow?

Brown is almost always used for wooden buildings, blue is for sky, and red...red is a coincidence?

AstralFire
2010-11-29, 11:14 PM
When the goat turns, red strikes true.

HalfTangible
2010-11-29, 11:20 PM
It foreshadows the plot twist that occurs later.

See, the three sigils led to Nale stabbing Elan. The three colors mentioned above occured shortly before Nale switched places with Elan, another form of trickery.

So obvious :smallsigh: geez.

joke :smalltongue: