PDA

View Full Version : How to Balance This <3.5>

Tokuhara
2010-11-29, 03:50 PM
I am in a 9th level campaign in an Eberron-themed Fable III-style campaign. The party is short a "Sneak," so I'll be filling the role.

I plan to go Unarmed Swordsage, focusing on Setting Sun and Shadow Hand.

I also want to go Slayer of Domiel (BoED), since I thought it was a cool twist on Assassin, then go Shadow Sun Ninja. However...

My questions are:

1. Would replacing SoD's casting (mediocre at best) for initiator levels be too much? If not, how much initiator boost is appropriate?
and 2. If SoD can get the initiator levels, would giving Devoted Spirit discipline, since SoD are "Holy Assassins," be appropriate?

Thanks.

Quietus
2010-11-29, 04:04 PM
If a player brought this to me, I'd probably be just fine stripping the casting away, and giving full initiator level, plus stances/maneuvers known, as a previously known initiator class. There's some pretty solid spell choices in the SoD list, particularly Spider Climb as a first, and including.. well, most fourth level spells there.

Tokuhara
2010-11-29, 04:08 PM
If a player brought this to me, I'd probably be just fine stripping the casting away, and giving full initiator level, plus stances/maneuvers known, as a previously known initiator class. There's some pretty solid spell choices in the SoD list, particularly Spider Climb as a first, and including.. well, most fourth level spells there.

Well, that's an answer!

The spells of SoD are mostly utility, and thus I found them bothersome