PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder, Kingmaker, Party of 7

Pezmerga
2010-11-29, 03:51 PM
Kingmaker
Chapter 1
The Stolen Lands

Everyone finally has arrived. You arrive, and there are 6 others just like you awaiting eagerly. Oleg's Trading post, which is actually an old Fort, is within sight. The night is coming fast and everyone cannot wait to get off the road. Though not all of you know each other, you each have a copy of a parchment, with the seal of the Regent on it:

Be it so known that the bearer of this charter has been charged
by the Swordlords of Restov, acting upon the greater good and
authority vested within them by the office of the Regent of the
Dragonscale Throne, has granted the right of exploration and travel
within the wilderness region known as the Greenbelt. Exploration
should be limited to an area no further than thirty-six miles east and
west and sixty miles south of Oleg’s Trading Post. The carrier of
this charter should also strive against banditry and other unlawful
behavior to be encountered. The punishment for unrepentant banditry
remains, as always, execution by sword or rope. So witnessed on this
24th day of Calistril, under watchful eye of the Lordship of Restov
and authority granted by Lord Noleski Surtova, current Regent of
the Dragonscale Throne.

Now...Introductions..and Plans for the night!

Merk
2010-11-29, 04:18 PM
Arian enthusiastically greets the other six. "Hello there! My name's Arian, but if you prefer you can call me 'Ari'. Pleased to meet you!"

halfdragon62
2010-11-29, 04:48 PM
"I am Husk, follower of her grace, Sarenrae" Husk introduces himself modestly.
"I look forward to our working together"

Mysterious_A
2010-11-29, 05:24 PM
Kael stays in the back of the group, but slips in a quick introduction. "They call me Kael."

GenPol
2010-11-29, 05:35 PM
Ezio looks up from fixing his boot in place, and glances around at the party, with raised eyebrows and a slight grin. "So you're my companions? I told them I already had enough, what with Gix and Geoff here." He gestures to a rather plump looking mule standing besides him and a small green viper crawling around in his hair. "I guess they didn't listen. Wouldn't be the first time. Ah well, good to meet you all anyway, I suppose. Call me Ezio." Ezio grabs the snake out of his hair and puts it in his pocket, and resumes fiddling with his boot.

SanguinePenguin
2010-11-29, 06:15 PM
The young dwarf watched in confusion as the mangy human pulled a snake from his head. "The Hells was that?!" he proclaimed with excitement. His eyes darted about to his other companions even as he spoke. "Was your mother a medusa or something? Wow, you all are a tall bunch aren't you. Name's Tarrock." At that, he took took a deep drink from his waterskin and stopped speaking abruptly.

ace_cipher_zero
2010-11-29, 07:06 PM
Missara looks at the other adventurers, then back to his 'charge,' Zacharius. "Sire, it does seem that we've fallen in with quite the group. Let me introduce us."

"Hail all, I am Missara Halwyn, chronicler of my people's native tales, and bard and entertainer currently in service to House Orlovsky. Along with me is Sir Zacharius of that same noble family."

Mysterious_A
2010-11-29, 07:22 PM
Kael the Quiet takes a long look at Missara and Sir Zacharius, his milky green eyes as quiet as his mouth.

After a moment though he steps forward and extends his cloth-wrapped stump to the Orlovsky as if to shake his hand, a broad smile opening up on his face.

"My lord Orlovsky. What a pleasant surprise to find one of your nobleness in here of all places! ...I assume you will be taking command over this expedition, yes?"

SanguinePenguin
2010-11-29, 07:53 PM
As Misarra spoke, Tarrock's expression changed from one of amusement to one of disbelief. Ignoring what was said by Kael, he turned to Misarra and said almost as if he were speaking to someone else, "you mean to tell me the meat stack here is a friggin' minstrel? No offense intended, but I'd expect you to smash a lute over someone's head, not play it."

Pezmerga
2010-11-29, 07:55 PM
Sir Zacharius looks over Kael the Quiet, and raises an eyebrow...then with a smile says:

"No fear not, I am not here to command any of you, my friends. I am simply here on behalf of the great house Orlovsky, in hopes of establishing a good relationship with a possible future nation! One can never be without too many friends...Especially friends who are to run a future kingdom! Also...as Missara can attest, the day to day life as a nobleman can become...dreary. I wanted to get out and..see what this savage land is like! I don't imagine I will travel too far from this outpost while it is being "cleaned up" , as I don't want to be a burden to you "adventuring types" but I would like to see a bit of it if possible...
Yes...I can see it now! Orlovsky's new comrades, settle savage greenbelt! I am sure there will be matters of state that your new kingdom will need addressed, yes? You can count on someone such as myself if the need for someone with the capacity to make important decisions arises! I am in no way electing myself ruler, but I am sure there is some sort of ruli...leadership role I can fill for the new kingdom, no?
Anyway....what are our plans tonight? Camp or head up to the post?

GenPol
2010-11-29, 08:20 PM
Ezio looks up again, a smirk on his face. "Adventuring types, eh? Well, I guess I've been called worse names, but I probably shouldn't repeat them in front of your lordship here." Ezio grins and stands up, having finally strapped his boots to his satisfaction.

"I dunno if we should start planning out the kingdom yet, we've still got to earn it. But, I never thought I would hear myself say this, a leader, or a spokesperson at the very least could be useful." Ezio scratches his chin thoughtfully and peers around at the group, as if seeing them for the first time. "Any takers? I suppose we could wait until we know each other (not that I'm looking forward to it, mind you), but why take our time when we can rush through things?"

Ezio glances at the aristocrat again. "Plans? I could do with a bed, and I see no reason to tarry here. I say we go up to the post and get some legitimate sleep."

Mysterious_A
2010-11-29, 08:36 PM
"Hm.", the half-elf turns to Oleg's Trading Post in the distance, considering it for a moment.

"We must all be weary from our trips, so we should probably wait until the morrow to make any important decisions...yes, I agree. Sleep now, talk later."

ace_cipher_zero
2010-11-29, 09:50 PM
As Misarra spoke, Tarrock's expression changed from one of amusement to one of disbelief. Ignoring what was said by Kael, he turned to Misarra and said almost as if he were speaking to someone else, "you mean to tell me the meat stack here is a friggin' minstrel? No offense intended, but I'd expect you to smash a lute over someone's head, not play it."

"Well sir, that is because I don't play a lute. I do wardancing, as was passed down from the elders of my tribe when we were still together, and recount many of our tales of heroes and lore. As such, I have no need to carry around a lute, and so do not. And even if I did, I find my battleaxe far better to deliver satisfaction to whoever deserves my wrath."

"And as to what to do.... I say we press forward, as we would be in a better defended position up here. These are, after all, the River Kingdoms, and bandits and brigands are not all too uncommon in these lands. If some do insist to stay, then I do propose that we send at least a small band of men forward to check in at the trading post, so that in case aid is needed during the night, we will not be locked out."

halfdragon62
2010-11-29, 11:30 PM
"I agree that we should head to the fort and get a good night's rest. In the morning we can get a better feel for the area."

Turning to Sir Zacharius, Husk proceeds: "I did not realise that I would be meeting members of the nobility. It is an honour." He tips his head respectfully.

SanguinePenguin
2010-11-29, 11:34 PM
The dwarf nodded enthusiastically, "ah, that seems more fitting. War dancing... sounds exciting! Look, I think we all agree we should head to the post, we can head there and chat simultaneously." With that, the dwarf slung his pack back on his shoulder and motioned to start moving.

Worguron
2010-11-29, 11:49 PM
OOC - So, umm. I'm playing Zacharius. I'll try to tailor my post to hit some of the things Pezmerga mentioned so everyone's responses aren't invalidated, but consider this post to take the place of that one and then respond to your subsequent posts.

Dressed in a sturdy yet simple brown traveler's outfit, Zacharius shakes his head. He had hoped Misarra wouldn't immediately call attention to his heritage, but what's done is done.

"Misarra, how many times have I told you to call me Zach? Zacharius says with a sigh. "Please everyone, I'm not some hoity-toity lord. I'm an adventuring type here to explore and help stabilize this land, just like all of you. What do you say we hurry down to the trading post and settle in for the night? I for one could do with a bit of prayer to lord Cayden Cailean."

Turning to the others as they reacted to him, he grasps Kael's forearm so that if the man had a hand, it would be in place to grasp his own.

"I'm not much of a commanding sort. I'm more likely to drink someone under a table than to make treaties at one. As far as my nobility, I'm currently... What was it Misarra? 27th in line to the house seat? I'm not much of a noble. A humble clergyman of Cayden Cailean is all I am these days."

ace_cipher_zero
2010-11-30, 12:54 AM
"Ah, but Sir Zack, give me a small bit of humor to play the role that I have been used to, as I just wanted to do so one more time before we set out on this grand adventure when we won't have the luxury. And yes sir, 27th, since the sad accidental miscarriage of your aunt's recent child. That said, it looks like all but one vote for reaching the trading post before dark, so we should keep up the pace. We can talk as we walk."

Merk
2010-11-30, 01:39 AM
"Reaching the post and getting some rest seems like a sound plan. We'll start exploring tomorrow," agreed Arian.

Mysterious_A
2010-11-30, 08:30 AM
"Hm. 27th, is it? Well that's not -completely- unfeasible! As long as you know the right people, of course..."

With their plans apparently settled Kael begins walking as well, leading his horse beside him.

Pezmerga
2010-11-30, 12:43 PM
The 7 of you begin the remaining short trek to Oleg's Trading post. The sin has now dissapeared, leaving only the moon and the darkness pouring over the savage greenbelt. Once you arrive to the Post, It is very apparent that it was once used as a frontier fort. It is surrounded by 10 ft high wooden palisades with 20 ft high towers at each corner. The front gate is still open.. As you head Inside you can see a middle aged man working on the roof of one of the buildings. He seems to have some sort of troubles about him, but he continues to work away.

Suddenly a woman, who appears a bit younger than the man, cheerfully approaches all of you.
"Hello Travellers! You must be the group of adventures we were told about! We've been expecting you, and we are certainly glad to have you here tonight, for tomorrow...Anyway my name is Svetlana, and the man pretending to not be listening to us? He's my husband Oleg."

Oleg Gruffs after hearing his wife playfully tease him so openly, but continues to work

I know you all must be tired and hungry, come! I have some stew and fresh baked bread ready. I also have a nice bottle of wine if anyone is interested.. OLEG COME! Dinner is served!

Oh all right already! I've done about as much as I can do with this roof tonight anyway...So, is it true? You are sent from the kingdom to help us with our problem? Oleg asks with a questioning look on his face..

ace_cipher_zero
2010-11-30, 02:10 PM
"Um.... No sir, I do not believe we were. We are here on a mission of exploration that is centered around your trading post, as these Charters from Restov's Swordlords do prove. However, if your problem does involve illegal crimes, that we are expected to deal with, goodsir. Here it is explicitly:

'The carrier of this charter should also strive against banditry and other unlawful behavior to be encountered. The punishment for unrepentant banditry remains, as always, execution by sword or rope.'

So whatever may trouble you, I am sure that we may be of assistance. But first, we must introduce ourselves: I am Missara Halwyn, chronicler of my people's native tales, currently retainer to Sir Zacharius of House Orlovsky, who respectfully asks that he be adressed informally. My other companions are Husk, piest of Saraenae, Arian, Kale, Enzio and Tarrock. Let us discuss whatever business you may have for us inside."

Turning to adress his companions, he says "And forgive me for not mentioning it earlier, but let me get something from you all at the end to appear dignified. We are agents of the Dragonscale Throne, and although that might not get us very much leverage, we should use it to the fullest."

SanguinePenguin
2010-11-30, 02:19 PM
"Um.... No sir, I do not believe we were. We are here on a mission of exploration that is centered around your trading post, as these Charters from Restov's Swordlords do prove. However, if your problem does involve illegal crimes, that we are expected to deal with, goodsir. Here it is explicitly:

'The carrier of this charter should also strive against banditry and other unlawful behavior to be encountered. The punishment for unrepentant banditry remains, as always, execution by sword or rope.'

So whatever may trouble you, I am sure that we may be of assistance. But first, we must introduce ourselves: I am Missara Halwyn, chronicler of my people's native tales, currently retainer to Sir Zacharius of House Orlovsky, who respectfully asks that he be adressed informally. My other companions are Husk, piest of Saraenae, Arian, Kale, Enzio and Tarrock. Let us discuss whatever business you may have for us inside."

Turning to adress his companions, he says "And forgive me for not mentioning it earlier, but let me get something from you all at the end to appear dignified. We are agents of the Dragonscale Throne, and although that might not get us very much leverage, we should use it to the fullest."

Tarrock stared at him blankly for a moment and then said, "I don't generally do dignified. Do you mean something like Tarrock the Invincible?"

ace_cipher_zero
2010-11-30, 02:23 PM
Tarrock stared at him blankly for a moment and then said, "I don't generally do dignified. Do you mean something like Tarrock the Invincible?"
"That... that would work. Preferrably something a bit less... disprovable would be best. What of your clan name? (And failing that, would something like Tarrock the Mighty work?)"

Mysterious_A
2010-11-30, 02:25 PM
"You mean a title? I suppose that could be helpful, if we were trying the "open and honest" approach to things...", the half-elf starts towards the entrance.

"Kael, the Quiet, it may be. I'd rather not be mentioned at all, though...afterall they can't kill you if they don't know you exist!", he snorts.

ace_cipher_zero
2010-11-30, 02:30 PM
"You mean a title? I suppose that could be helpful, if we were trying the "open and honest" approach to things...", the half-elf starts towards the entrance.

"Kael, the Quiet, it may be. I'd rather not be mentioned at all, though...afterall they can't kill you if they don't know you exist!", he snorts.

"Alright, fair enough. Such a title would just get in the way of our job here, most likely."

SanguinePenguin
2010-11-30, 02:32 PM
"That... that would work. Preferrably something a bit less... disprovable would be best. What of your clan name? (And failing that, would something like Tarrock the Mighty work?)"

Tarrock nodded, "I suppose 'the Invincible' would have a way of inviting the attempts to disprove my claim... Strakelheim is my clan name, but I'm not really from there. Mighty would serve me better."

Merk
2010-11-30, 03:23 PM
"For now, my clan name, 'Stargazer', works perfectly well as a title," reasons Arian, following the others in for dinner and rest. "But someday I'd like to earn a much more auspicious name."

GenPol
2010-11-30, 05:32 PM
OOC - So, umm. I'm playing Zacharius. I'll try to tailor my post to hit some of the things Pezmerga mentioned so everyone's responses aren't invalidated, but consider this post to take the place of that one and then respond to your subsequent posts.

Dressed in a sturdy yet simple brown traveler's outfit, Zacharius shakes his head. He had hoped Misarra wouldn't immediately call attention to his heritage, but what's done is done.

"Misarra, how many times have I told you to call me Zach? Zacharius says with a sigh. "Please everyone, I'm not some hoity-toity lord. I'm an adventuring type here to explore and help stabilize this land, just like all of you. What do you say we hurry down to the trading post and settle in for the night? I for one could do with a bit of prayer to lord Cayden Cailean."

Turning to the others as they reacted to him, he grasps Kael's forearm so that if the man had a hand, it would be in place to grasp his own.

"I'm not much of a commanding sort. I'm more likely to drink someone under a table than to make treaties at one. As far as my nobility, I'm currently... What was it Misarra? 27th in line to the house seat? I'm not much of a noble. A humble clergyman of Cayden Cailean is all I am these days."

Ezio grins. "Finally, a noble I can get behind!"

Ezio turns to Missara. "Hmm, a title, well, I'm not famous for anything that I should mention in polite company, I suppose Ezio of Brevoy would do, for now..."

Pezmerga
2010-11-30, 08:22 PM
Oleg looks at the Half-Orc in a questioning way and says..

You are here to "explore" the greenbelt? Forgive my rudeness sir, but, are ye mad?! This land is overridden with bandits, kobolds, and all sorts of nasty creatures! *He points to a corkboard with various parchments pinned to it, some depicting nasty creatures, and a wanted poster or two..*

Especially to the south...Speaking of which, those bandits.. If you are indeed able to help, I will reward you, and you will have my thanks! Unfortunately, they are to arrive in the morning..As they always do, on each and eevry first day of the month. Claiming we owe them a "tax" for operating in their lands. IN THEIR LANDS!? The nerve! Why if I didn't have Svetlana to worry about I'd have taken them out myself!

Oleg then composes himself and begins again
Forgive me..Anyway like I said they are coming in the morning, should they hold true to their word of every new month..I suggest if they are to be stopped, an ambush is in order. They seem to have let their guard down, as they have brought less men with each trip. The first time they came they brought 12, including a maniacal woman with two axes and a hooded man who seemed to want to impress her... He threatened to burn down the fort and take Svetlana back to their camp for their own amusement...the bastards...unless we agreed to hand over our furs and trade goods we accumulated the past month. The woman...who seemed to be the smartest and most dangerous of the bunch, even stole my poor wive's wedding ring, after mocking me by feigning to cut off my hand! Since then the hooded man has led a smaller group to steal from us. The second time he brought 9 others, then 7 others last month. They come real early and are always in a hurry to leave. I suspect their camp is about a day's ride away.

Merk
2010-11-30, 08:58 PM
Arian seemed to quiver in fear. "Bandits? I was hoping we'd not need to defend ourselves. But we can't just let them do as they please, either."

ace_cipher_zero
2010-11-30, 09:04 PM
"Hmmmmm.... These bandits will come tomorrow? Well, if they wish to impose a 'tax' on operating in these parts, then we shall just have to make our exemption known. And don't worry, that would extend to you, Oleg."

"So, anyone have any objections to combat, or should we start forming battle plans immediately?"

Pezmerga
2010-11-30, 09:15 PM
As you guys talk, the Levetons take you on the tour of the trade post. Not much to be seen, but they do nonetheless.

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/5306/mapolegtradingpostlabel.jpg

A1 - Market Yard - This open area is where trade takes place. The two tables near the fire pit are used to display wares and serve food to visitors, while bulky trade goods are offloaded into the storage pen.

A2 - Guesthouse - Oleg rents out the beds in this guesthouse to anyone who wishes to stay the night at a rate of 5 sp a night. Though, you guys get tonight for free! A rustic breakfast and filling dinner is included.

A3 - Stable - Oleg keeps his jittery horse Claptrap here. He rents out the other stalls at a rate of 2sp per stall per night. That price includes a days worth of water and feed and a complimentary rub down for the horse. Tonight is free though.

A4 - Storage Pen - This fenced area has a wooden roof to keep off most of the rain and snow. Trade goods like furs and other goods are stored here until enough build up to warrant a trip to the city to sell them off. The pen is currently empty, as Oleg's been forced to turn over his stock to the bandits.

A5 - Middens - Three 3-foot deep composting pits and middens.

A6 - Main Hall - This squat but solid wooden building is Oleg and Svetlana's home and the storeroom for the trading post. The double doors leading out into the market yard can be barred but not locked.

A7 - Dining Room - This is a comfortable room with a few chairs and a table. The Levetons (Oleg and Svetlana) use this room primarily as a dining room.

A8 - Office - This room is where Oleg keeps his ledgers and meets with important visitors, in theory. As of yet, no one of importance has bothered visiting the trading post. Besides you adventurers that is.

A9 - Stockroom - This room is used to store the trading post's stock.

A10 - Storeroom - This room has more supplies. Mainly food, water and other essentials.

A11 - Bedroom - This modest bedroom is where the Levetons sleep.

GenPol
2010-11-30, 10:00 PM
Ezio looks up sharply. "Bandits? What do you know about them? Do they have a leader?"

Ezio begins muttering to the small green viper in his hands. "It probably isn't Dover, we're a fair bit away... And besides, we can't really run from him forever."

Ezio looks up, once again as if he was seeing them for the first time. "I'll be damned, you know, I suppose you all do look like a capable lot." He glances at the dwarf. "Hefty weapons at the very least..."

Ezio looks over at his mule, nods, and turns back to the party. "I agree, we start planning immediately. But, I don't think the intent should be to kill. I say we get a few prisoners, and see what we can learn about this place. Bandits... tend to know more than they should about many things. I think it would definitely be to our advantage. And I could always use some people to carry my loot...."

Mysterious_A
2010-11-30, 10:00 PM
"Hm. A battle it is then. And what could be a more fitting way of beggining our 'foraging'?", Kael inspects the post thoughtfully.

Suddenly his milky green eyes stop their inspection, and he turns them to the Orlovsky, a slight grim forming beneath them. "Perhaps I'd be allowed a small gamble in our upcoming spar?"

Pezmerga
2010-11-30, 10:34 PM
To Ezio
I know they call the hooded man Happs...that is all I know regarding names. There have been rumors of a "Stag Lord" leading these bandits by some of the hunters and such that go through here, but I cannot confirm that. Personally I think its bullocks.

To Kael
A Gamble? That all depends on what you have in mind sir, but I do want these bandits stopped!

ace_cipher_zero
2010-12-01, 02:09 AM
"Alright, so battle it is.... well, since these bandits are cocky with pride, they should not put up too much of a fight. As to myself, I should be able to use my magic to hide myself and others behind an illusion for as long as need be; however, in combat I tend to use my trusty greataxe, so it would be best to only have those equipped to fight sword to sword. For anyone not so inclined, we've got a nice little hiding spot up on the... the.... that platform that hugs the walls, yes, and someone could hide up there, and reign arrows down on them from above. If we have someone else who largely cannot partake in a brawl, then she can stand on the other side, and then we can do something quite interesting, and shut the doors after they come inside? That should catch them unawares, and might provoke surrender once they see there is no escape.

But what say we do something even more.... unconventional with them, that may benefit us later. What say ye all to, say, keeping one or two as a guide? I may be able to inspire loyalty in him, as I know the spirit of man and its lust for adventure, et cetera, and such a guide would undoubtably be useful (and as always, starting our own private army is never a bad thing, in my opinion)."

Merk
2010-12-01, 08:15 AM
"Naturally, I'll take the platform spot and look out for them, and... shoot arrows, if I can," Arian volunteered.

Mysterious_A
2010-12-01, 08:59 AM
"I'd rather not take any chances of having my throat slit open during my sleep, but maybe that's just me...", Kael says to Missara with a frown.

"Anyway, as far as battle plans go, I was thinking about something that would require a bit of an act."

"Say a frail, frail old man is travelling around these parts when he finds some sort of item of value...a ring perhaps. A dead man on the floor, attacked by animals, and a marvelous ring of power on the floor next to him, yes. And let's say this old man takes the ring and goes to the nearest refuge, Oleg's Trading Post, and he shows his prize to Oleg asking where he might find someone to buy it. Oleg might give him a few suggestions, and they talk, but come the morning, Oleg meets the bandits outside to tell them of the frail old man and his treasure. Now, I'm sure they will be wanting the ring for themselves, which Oleg can tell them is hidden somewhere in the guesthouse, although he had not been able to find it."

"If we place two people hidden inside the Guesthouse, two in the Main Hall, and two others inside the Storage Pen, we have two possibilities. Either the leader of these bandits goes without me to the Guesthouse, in which case the two people stationed there attack him as soon as he opens the door, hopefully killing him outright, while the others come out of hiding as well... or he comes with me to show him where the ring is, in which case I can stand behind him when he opens the door, taking out my hidden dagger while he is surprised, and setting up a flank for whoever's inside the Guesthouse. I doubt he'll come with his lackeys to the Guesthouse, he'll probably leave them in the Market Yard. Which means once they hear his screams of agony, they will come to the Guesthouse, the people from the Storage Pen taking them from behind, as the people from the Main Hall take them in their left, and the Guesthouse people fight from their right!"

He grins. "And I'll be there too...somewhere. So what about it?"

ace_cipher_zero
2010-12-01, 10:48 AM
".... here is the one moral objection I have to that. Although most certainly I could probably pass off such a lie with ease, we would not be talking to the bandits. Good Sir Oleg would be. And we should not have to force a man to lie when not neccessary."

"In terms of the actual combat strategy... for one, it does not have a special contingency for those who are not competent at close quarters. Even though we could still simply have them stand on top of the wall again, there still is the unneccesary complexity of having to split our forces three ways. Furthermore, I am skilled in the ways of illusion; I can hide us in, say, a giant pile of firewood, at which point the bandits would not have a chance to see through the guise, for they surely would never see it coming. And I can do these over quite a large area, and numerously, so we have no need to strictly limit ourselves to the preexisting hiding places. Furthermore, if we are engaged in close combat, cover would only be an obstacle between the blade of my axe and their head."

"Also, as to slitting throats, I do believe that I personally have enough rope to secure at least half a dozen men, and there will always be a watch out, every night, even if it ends up being only I who does that for want of anyone else."

Mysterious_A
2010-12-01, 11:07 AM
Disappointed at the flaws of his needlessly complicated plan, Kael sighs. "...yes, I suppose that -is- true."

"Splitting forces, however, is only logical. If we all charge from one side it reduces the angle of our enemies we can attack, and this being necessarily a close quarter fight, our forces would be unable to move properly."

"And I don't know what cover you're talking about, as the doors would be opened before we attacked."

"Either way, you could hide us as firewood, if they are dumb enough not to question why there is firewood all around them. Which they might be..."

"As far as taking prisoners is concerned...I'll have no part in it, but I'll not object that it be done either. I might make camp a bit farther from you than I would normally, so I'm out of sight when they escape your bonds and murder everyone...but I'm just crazy like that, so make nothing of it."

ace_cipher_zero
2010-12-01, 12:13 PM
"Your points are valid. And no, we would not be taking prisoners with us against our will--that surely would lead to slitting throats, and just as our charter says, if they do not repent, we are obliged to make them pay the cost of their actions, by sword or by rope. And surely what would be more repentant than aiding us quite directly by becoming guides and warriors?"

"And as to the illusions I speak of... For reference, good sir Kael, let me demonstrate." Missara draws deep from the powers within his tales, and begins reciting a litany in draconic while waving his arms around, and taking from his shirt a tiny bit of fleece. When he falls silent, the table has two groups of four knights in formation at each end. "This.... This is what I speak of. It is... a tiny sample, I can draw quite harder on the arcane power to create larger illusions, and I can sustain this for so long as I am not distracted." With that, he lets the illusion fall.

OOC: I cast silent image, if you couldn't tell.

Mysterious_A
2010-12-01, 12:34 PM
"Oh...wow...", Kael tries to touch one of the illusions before they disappear, taken aback by the demonstration...

"Uh...I'm sorry, it's just not every day I see something like that. I've seen similar, but...", he stops.

"It...is quite impressive."

He eyes the room a last time. "So, I think we have a plan then, and a more straightforward one. We could put two people on the cart as firewood", he points, "Then perhaps Arian and someone else up there, as...bags of flour?"

"And then me and another person as potted plants, at the sides of the entrance...and...a last one at the left of the Guesthouse as a...chair?", he shrugs.

"And I guess we could keep the bandits. If they surrender.", Kael trails off to check the places he suggested, "I will not be blunting my blade for it, however."

ace_cipher_zero
2010-12-01, 01:28 PM
"Ah... I never thought of filling the cart with an illusion, great idea. However, we do not have to solely use illusions. Whoever is on the wall should just lay down, keep quiet, and they'll be out of sight. Actually if they keep laying down on that platform they'll probably have better cover than even a doorway would provide, come to think of it. And someone can hide in the storeroom--actually, I could cast an illusion to make it appear full of treasure too along with the wagon. Might make it even simpler, just have the treasure covered by tarps, and have the tarp over the wagon be streched. Much easier that way."

"But let us not just dominate the conversation. Ezio, I believe you had a similar idea, if there is anything that you think should be in the battle plan say so. Husk, Tarrock, if you have any opinions, voice them. And Sire... sire, I do believe that you might not want to continue drinking that fast until after we finish our battle plans...."

SanguinePenguin
2010-12-01, 01:44 PM
Tarrock listened with a vague look of boredom on his face while the two men discussed strategy. After they had stopped talking for a moment, he interjected, "look, some bandits reform, but I don't see any way to draw sincere loyalty from a man in such short time. Best case scenario, they flee the first chance they get. Worst case, they lie to us until they lead us into trouble then turn on us in battle."

The gruff dwarf yawned before continuing, "what we could do is station ranged combatants on the roofs there," he said as he pointed to the stables and the guest houses. "Then since these door open inward the rest of us can simply hide behind the doors and close them once they enter. That way, we don't need to use the illusions and you can put them to another use. Whatever happens, I want to hit them hard, up-close."

halfdragon62
2010-12-01, 04:31 PM
There is one thing I'd like to ask: Oleg, Svetlana, I don't know how violent this confrontation could become, would you be able to get yourselves to safety when the fighting starts?

GenPol
2010-12-01, 05:16 PM
Ezio nods slowly, still twiddling the small green snake in his fingers. "I like the idea of a guide. "I must admit, I wouldn't like to risk my pretty face in a brawl, but changing the minds of people is something I pride myself on. I say that with a combination of magical and non magical persuasion (and of course my stunning good looks), I think that we should at least try to attract one bandit to join us as a guide.

At the very least, we could perhaps squeeze some information about the location of their camp, and this a much cleaner (in all senses of the word) solution then simple torture, or any usual methods of interrogation.

Ezio scratches his chin thoughtfully. "The idea involving the bags of flour disguises appeals to me as well. I wonder, however, if they would fall for it. Prudent bandits might not be so easily duped. Either way, we be cautious. We have the advantage of surprise, but they have the advantage of reinforcements a days ride away. Tarrock's suggestion might not be of any use to us in the long run, but it would definitely be the easiest, and probably be the safest as well."

ace_cipher_zero
2010-12-01, 06:14 PM
"Well, Husk, thank you for remembering something I did forget. We will have to factor protecting you two into our battle plan, but we will find something that will prevent you from being harmed."

"And Tarrock... Well, if we don't think they're loyal, then we quite simply follow our charter and be on our way. There should be more than me here who knows the signs of dishonest (or failing that, mind control), and even then, they would have to find some way to contact the other bandits to let them know where to set up a trap. Which, if we keep a good enough eye on them, should be very, very hard to do without our foreknowledge."

"Your idea for combat does seem quite good, but there is the problem of getting them in the rooms without seeing us, but making sure ALL of them get in the rooms (lest they decide to take hostages). And furthermore, it would limit our usefulness to melee combatants, unless you have some door-peircing arrows at your disposal..."

"Also Ezio, though you are correct about the bandits being a days ride away, my plan does account for that. If we have people stationed on the wall, they could push the doors to the fort shut with... oh, I don't know, a pole, anything, once the bandits are inside. Actually, we could just jam one door prior to their arrival... which would also make them come in one at a time, so we could clearly get a good look at them. Always best to know who you're fighting. But anyways, if we can shut the doors, then we should be able to trap anyone who tries to flee. So... more thoughts? anyone? Lord?"

SanguinePenguin
2010-12-01, 06:46 PM
"Missara, we don't need to lure them into the rooms, just into the fort. I think our plans are roughly the same, but I was suggesting that some less melee inclined individuals could go to the roof. The melee combatants, like myself, can wait behind the doors. If you want to add illusions, so be it. Oleg and Svetlana can lock themselves indoors," Tarrock made an idle hand motion as he finished speaking.

Mysterious_A
2010-12-01, 07:22 PM
"I favored using the existing hiding places from the beggining, but ilusions -do- have the advantage of placing us closer to the bandits for when we attack. I don't quite understand about the 'door piercing arrows', though...we would come out of the rooms to encircle our foe, not wait inside them for them to come...right?"

"I say anyone who cannot survive in a melee is placed on the roof, the others on the ground, and we wait in ilusion form until they come. Oleg could very well stand in the back, just long enough for the bandits to be reassured by his presence, at which point we attack, and he runs. And then it's just a matter of splitting loot..."

GenPol
2010-12-01, 08:12 PM
"I agree with Tarrock, we don't really need to lure them into the room, just into the fort itself."

Ezio, nods again, more to himself than anybody else, and mutters under his breath to the small green viper between his fingers. Then abruptly, he turns to Oleg.

"Oleg, describe the bandits coming to get their loot. Are they stupid or arrogant enough that they all enter the fort together themselves? For that matter, are they arrogant enough that they sent you to fetch it, and trust that you will be terrified enough not to leave anything? Something in between? If our plot is to be accurate, we need to know exactly how the robbery usually goes down.

ace_cipher_zero
2010-12-01, 08:13 PM
"Oh. In that case we are proposing the exact same thing. My apologies.. and ye, both of those are good ideas, but why the roof, and not on the palliaade walls? What if they get stuck? Also, if we are to have such a trap, then I propose we start the attack while the bandits are still in conversation with Oleg, liver permitting, so as to get the most surprise (and we still should jam one gate preemptively, to simplify what we have to do other than smash heads. )"

GenPol
2010-12-01, 08:17 PM
"I like the idea of surprise, but I still say that taking a prisoner could be enormously valuable for our exploration. Nobody knows the enemy better than the enemy."

SanguinePenguin
2010-12-01, 08:48 PM
"Oh. In that case we are proposing the exact same thing. My apologies.. and ye, both of those are good ideas, but why the roof, and not on the palliaade walls? What if they get stuck? Also, if we are to have such a trap, then I propose we start the attack while the bandits are still in conversation with Oleg, liver permitting, so as to get the most surprise (and we still should jam one gate preemptively, to simplify what we have to do other than smash heads. )"

Tarrock nodded, "only because attackers the roofs are more difficult to directly access and more difficult to find cover from. To get off it's not hard to just hang down the side and drop, or you can just jump back to the palisade. Whoever wants to be up there can decide. The surprise plan is good, if Oleg is up for it that is. This seems a good plan."

The dwarf then recapped the general battle plan, "so, Ari and Ezio are up top, you can pick whether you want to be on the palisade or roof. Missara, Kael and myself are down below. Husk and Zach... you should decide whether you want to stay up or down. Someone should be in charge of shutting the door as well, I'd rather not be the one to do that. If their surrender is our goal, it would be prudent to slay the leader."

A request: It would help me if most of you would list your character's name when you post (with a simple statement like I've put in magenta above). I keep forgetting them and have to look them up. Thanks!

Merk
2010-12-01, 09:46 PM
"I'll perch myself on the roof. I have rather good eyesight, so I should be able to see them from a distance and accurately shoot... if need be."

Mysterious_A
2010-12-01, 10:11 PM
"And I'll take care of the leader, aye?", Kael grins.

"Hooded man, yes? I have my mark.", he says holding up his stump to his chest.

halfdragon62
2010-12-01, 11:34 PM
Husk nods. I shall remain below as well. He addresses Misara, Kael, and Tarrock
Not that I doubt your abilities gentleman, you all seem capable enough, but the three of you will be most in need of healing throughout the skirmish. And don't worry, I can handle myself if need be.
Husk looks up at the sky, trying to gauge the approximate time
Though I do wonder if I will have time to prepare some magics that may be of more use in this fight...

ace_cipher_zero
2010-12-02, 09:54 AM
"Wait, whyh are we going for the leader? He's probably far more useful than anyone else, and its doubtful he's the head of this group at such a low level of thuggery. He might be the most useful of them all, especially if he has ambition. Lets take him out last; if he does fight to the death then he probably wouldn't join us anyway. Its just a little acid test of potential loyalty. Also, husk, if you must rest then do so; I will have to recharge my magical abilities for tomorrow also."

Pezmerga
2010-12-02, 10:27 AM
Oleg:
Well sounds like you guys are the real deal! But I have a suggestion...
To answer your question Ezio, The bandits collect everything themselves. They tried to have me do it on their first visit, but they grew impatient with how long it took one man to do it. They have done it themselves the last two times. While they are occupied with that...Svetlana and I can run outside and lock the door from the outside. There are chains we can use in the stockroom. The only problem is, the hooded man likes to gawk at Svetlana...the dirty bastard. Maybe while the others are loading our supplies, and after you guys engage, thus distracting the brute, we can then do it.

Svetlana
We cannot thank thee enough for coming to our aid sirs! I promise after this is over, I will make you the tastiest stew known to man!

Mysterious_A
2010-12-02, 10:40 AM
Kael's dagger appears in his hand in one swift motion. "The dagger's not just for show, bard. I promess I'll keep your precious bandits mostly unscathed though. I was merely proposing to keep this 'hooded man' entertained while you and your friends got him to surrender, heh."

Just as quick as it appeared, the dagger vanishes somewhere in his outfit. "But, I grow weary of these plans. I believe I know my part to play, so I'll simply leave you to yours... Good night."

Kael retires for the night, nodding to Oleg on the way. "And thank you for your hospitality, good sir."

Pezmerga
2010-12-02, 10:42 AM
Speak nothin' of it my friend. Have a restful night, I will wake you 45 minutes before they usually arrive, unless you request sooner?

(Give me initiative now please, so when possible combat happens, it goes faster.)

ace_cipher_zero
2010-12-02, 12:58 PM
"Alright alright, that sounds excellent. And as to myself, I too should retire soon; we seem to have reached a good agreement about what to do. Some of us might need to prepare their magics prior to combat--I know at least Zack will, though I do not, and I doubt you cast magic, Tarrock, so we may sleep in. With that, I wish you a good night." With that, Missara gives a mighty yawn, and heads towards wherever there is for him to sleep.

Init

[roll0]+3

Mysterious_A
2010-12-02, 02:45 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

halfdragon62
2010-12-02, 03:58 PM
Init:[roll0]
(I will assume that I get enough time and rest to prepare new spells)

GenPol
2010-12-02, 04:03 PM
Initiative
[roll0]

(I'm making the same assumption.)

SanguinePenguin
2010-12-02, 05:07 PM
Initiative [roll0]

Wow, we are getting some great initiative rolls...

Merk
2010-12-02, 06:40 PM
Initiative [roll0]

Arian prepares the following benefits of Concurrence:
Spell: Entangle
Skill: Perception

GenPol
2010-12-02, 06:45 PM
Prepared Spells:

0 Level:
Detect Magic
Read Magic
Touch of Fatigue
Messenge
1st Level:
Charm Person
Sleep

Pezmerga
2010-12-02, 07:12 PM
I am gonna roll for Worguron just to speed it up... I already tried to play his character once anyway. ;) If he logs on in time though, he can reroll. We will stop at his turn in actualy combat though.

[roll0]

So we got...

Husk (halfdragon62)
Ezio (Genpol)
Arian (Merk)
Kael (Mysterious A)
Tarrock (Sanguine Penguine)
Zach (Worguron)
Missara (Ace Cipher Zero)

Then whatever the baddies roll.. :)

And I also need your positions after being woken. Which is now.. so make any last minute preparations as well. :)

Combat Map (The square directly to the right of the lettered square is 1, then 2 and so on...)

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/5964/olegtradingpostlabel.jpg

ace_cipher_zero
2010-12-02, 08:04 PM
Missara after being woken, takes a look at the doors, and asks Oleg which door he could block. He then proceeds to do everything in his power to jam the door, most likely by taking something hard and wedging it into the crack of the door so that it will not budge (probably something like iron spikes, or wooden shivs, which could quickly be made from sticks or scrap lumber+greataxe). After that, he takes position behind the other door (either U11 or U18), asking whoever would need the help of his illusion magic where they would like to hide. Also, he asks Oleg to have some kind of hidden arms ready for wherever he will greet the bandits, and for wherever he will be hiding with Svetlana--but make sure that the former is absolutely concealed, and there is no chance of the bandits seeing it.

In case its needed, Str or whatever Check for jamming the door shut: (for ref, his str modifier is +3)

[roll0]

Mysterious_A
2010-12-02, 08:07 PM
Kael positions himself in U-12, and says, "Let's see if your ilusion works, Mirassa"

The horse is stabled, by the way.

EDIT: Changed position to 12, had misread the map :P

SanguinePenguin
2010-12-02, 09:00 PM
Tarrock grasps his large axe, takes two deft swings at the air then moves into position behind Missara and mutters, "I'm sure we'll do just fine. Might as well hide us all with your illusion."

Move to U10.

Also, Ace, I didn't mean for you to highlight your character's name in magenta every time he does something. The magenta thing was just to show what I meant.

The issue was with people not putting their character's name into their post at all (the comment was not directed at you). I was simply trying to indicate how someone can easily type something like,

{My character} says, "DIALOGUE-SPLOSION"

rather than just

DIALOGUE-SPLOSION

In the later case, I have to remember (or when that fails determine) which character corresponds with the player who said it. But thank you for being helpful, I really appreciate it!

GenPol
2010-12-02, 09:17 PM
A rather groggy looking Ezio strolls over to where the others are gathered. 'Well, I've prepared my magic, I suppose it's about time for me to get on top of the roof?"

Geoff the donkey is also in the stable, forgot to mention it earlier. :smallredface:

halfdragon62
2010-12-02, 09:29 PM
Husk states his intent to hide behind the carriage(?) in the courtyard (P11) and wait for the bandits to all make it into the courtyard before casting "bane"

spells prepared: Bane, Bless, Cure light wounds

Merk
2010-12-03, 11:11 AM
"May the stars guide us..." murmurs Arian as he heads to the rooftop. He tries to conceal himself with the siege weaponry and then looks out for any sign of the bandits.

Assuming I'm reading the map correctly, U3 is a valid rooftop space.

Rolls, if needed:
Stealth [roll0]
Perception (+1 concurrence bonus) [roll1]

Pezmerga
2010-12-04, 12:12 AM
Arian see's 8 figures approaching on horseback. (if you wanna do something I will let you, but I am assuming you want them to come in unknowing of any presence :) )

To speed things up a bit, they arrive, dismount outside, and enter...

Oleg meets them, and they shuffle in. Somehwat confused by the barred door...But they dont seem to think much of it. (again I am assuming no one jumps in yet, if you do say so). There are 8 total. A hooded man, 5 Males and 2 Females. They all look relaxed, and confident.

The hooded figure:
Well well well! If it isn't our old pal Oleg! I hope business has been good! *Smirk*

Oleg:
Just take what you came for and leave us be...

Hooded Figure:
Where is that wife of yours? If you don't have enough to meet our demands we might have to take what you owe us from her! aye men.

Bandits in unison:
Aye HAPPS! *Cheers from the 5 men, the two women just laugh*

Oleg clenches his fist and grinds his teeth but says or does nothing...

Combat map (I tried to place you to the best of what you said...Ace your location had you up on the wall, and I assume thats not what you want. Anyone who doesn't like their location can inform me and I will change it. However if you move to a location based on the enemies current, I will require stealth, because you obviously would have done that based on them being there.) As it stands right now, you guys have the drop on them, so take your actions if you wish to engage, or you can wait to see how they spread out inside.

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/3847/combatq.jpg
BL - Hooded Figure wielding a Bastard Sword, that looks too nice for a bandit to have.
1 - Male Bandit with Two Daggers. Not drawn.
2 - Huge (not literally gamewise, but a girthy man built like an ox) Male Bandit with a greatclub
3 - Male Bandit also with daggers
4 - Male Bandit with a mace
5 - Male Bandit with a rapier
7 - Female bandit who appears to be unarmed
8 - Female Bandit with a Quarterstaff

Yes I know, I cant count! lol

Also Svetlana is in her room.

halfdragon62
2010-12-04, 01:18 AM
Husk grasps the holy symbol of Sarenrae hanging around his neck, and begins the incantation for the "bane" spell (DC 15 will save negates, all the bandits should be within the 50 foot radius, lasts for 1 minute)

Pezmerga
2010-12-04, 01:27 AM
Surprise Round:
Bandits 1, 3, 5, and 7 seem to be affected by your spell.
Ezio's turn. (Others can post their actions before hand, but please only post once per round regarding actions.)

GenPol
2010-12-04, 06:56 PM
Ezio pulls out his crossbow and loads it, ready to shoot.

I'm going to wait to see what happens before I do anything else.
Oh, and just in case this needs a stealth check:
[roll0]

Pezmerga
2010-12-04, 07:13 PM
Ezio Holds.
Arian's Turn. (You can move in response to them approaching since you saw them first...But I might need a stealth check depending on where you move to, to remain hidden.)

SanguinePenguin
2010-12-04, 07:17 PM
An arm lashed out from the shadows and yanked Oleg away. An instant later a small dwarf with a big axe stood in his place. He gritted his teeth and glared at the leader.

Switch places with Oleg.

Merk
2010-12-04, 11:33 PM
Arian fights back an urge to run to the back of the fort, and while holding his position, nervously draws an arrow into his bow, aiming it at the bandit with the mace. However, he hesitates and decides to wait to fire.

This is completely different from hunting! It feels like my legs are turning to jelly, and I can't aim properly. Focus! Focus!

He does not move, and readies an action to shoot bandit 4. Rolling attack and damage ahead of time.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

OOC Note: I'll try to post tomorrow, but it'll be my birthday so I'll be generally unavailable.

ace_cipher_zero
2010-12-05, 03:03 AM
Alrighty, guess we jammed the left door then, and I'm hiding only Zack. I'll act now so we can get everything moving rapidly.

Seeing as he's closest to the wall, he already has his greataxe out.

Missara, seeing as Tarrock pushed Oleg to safety, decided to do his part, and pushed the remaining door shut. He then turned to face the bandits, and see what else he could do.

Str check to shut door:
[roll0]
And if that doesn't constitute a full round or standard action, he holds.

Mysterious_A
2010-12-05, 08:52 AM
With a slight grunt of disappointment from being so far from his target, Kael decides to fight his way to him.

He sets towards the man with the mace, not about to strike a woman unarmed.

Move to T-12

Pezmerga
2010-12-05, 02:37 PM
A arrow from Arians bow grazes the Bandit #4 (Mace) And he curses in pain.
The thieves are startled when suddenly a strong arm yanks oleg to the side and a much tougher looking dwarf takes his place.
Kael gets to T12
Then Missara closes the door.

To speed things up...Zach Casts Bless. Everyone but Arian is in range.
+1 Attack and saves vs fear for 1 minute...
Oleg moves back towards a bow he had stashed in the hallway.

Then its Round 1:
Husk is back up.

Map

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/8800/combatx.jpg
BL - Hooded Figure wielding a Bastard Sword, that looks too nice for a bandit to have.
1 - Male Bandit with Two Daggers. Not drawn.
2 - Huge (not literally gamewise, but a girthy man built like an ox) Male Bandit with a greatclub
4 - Male Bandit with a mace

halfdragon62
2010-12-05, 03:50 PM
Husk moves to P14, drawing his crossbow, aiming it at the bandit who has not yet drawn his pair of daggers(#1), and fires.

ranged attack: [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Pezmerga
2010-12-05, 04:02 PM
Husk Fires a bolt past Bandit #1, and it sails over the head of Tarrock, hitting the wall behind him with a thunk.
Ezio it is your turn.

GenPol
2010-12-06, 09:59 PM
Husk Fires a bolt past Bandit #1, and it sails over the head of Tarrock, hitting the wall behind him with a thunk.
Ezio it is your turn.

Ezio narrows his eyes and raises his crossbow. Been a while since I've had to do this...

Ezio shoots at Bandit 7
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

OOC:

*facepalm*

Guys, I'm really sorry for the delay, I've actually spent the last day counting the people who have gone--I kept getting five, and I've been trying to figure out who I haven't counted, who's turn it is, and I just realized it was mine :smallsigh: Sorry for the hold up.... :smallredface:

Pezmerga
2010-12-06, 10:33 PM
OOC:
Ezio Don't forget to add +1 from the bless spell.
Even so, it is a miss sadly :(

Everyone just post their actions. After everyone posts once, I will summarize the round.

Pezmerga
2010-12-06, 10:46 PM
The Bandit Leader takes a five foot step (T-16) , flanking Tarrock and Attacks Tarrock.
"THIS SUPPOSED TO BE AN AMBUSH?! HAHAHA GOOD ONE OLEG! NOW WE CAN JUSTIFY TAKING SVETLANA BACK AND SHOWING HER WHAT REAL MEN ARE LIKE!"

Power Attack

Edit: Should be +7 to hit not 8, but still not looking like it mattered.

SanguinePenguin
2010-12-06, 10:51 PM
Tarrock emits a potent roar, followed by a mighty swing of his axe with all his weight behind it against the bandit leader. He then jumps back to brace for the counter attack.

Swift: Enter RAGE 7/8 rounds left
Standard: Power ATTACK [roll0] Dam: [roll1]
Move: 5 ft step from S17 to T18

Still reeling from the major wound he sustained, he shouts to his allies, knowing that not one of them looks strong enough to shrug off such a blow themselves "take him down, the leader!"

Pezmerga
2010-12-06, 10:54 PM
Tarrock's Axe swings true, landing soundly into Happ's (BL) side, leaving a nasty wound despite his armor..

OOC: Don't forget about hero points as well guys. You each have 2, get 1 per level, and for story awards, and only can have a max of 3 at one time...Can be used to alter rolls(+8 before roll, or +4 after roll is made), reroll or even take another standard or move action.

SanguinePenguin
2010-12-06, 11:05 PM
Tarrock roared again, his muscles surging as he found what looked like another opening. He let fly another wild swing at the bandit.

Spending a hero point:
Power Attack [roll0] Dam: [roll1]

Mysterious_A
2010-12-07, 10:42 AM
As Tarrock and the hooded man change blows that would send him flying, Kael turns to face a bandit, focusing his frustration on him.

"Well, I -told- you he was the real threat, didn't I?!", he shouts at no one in particular as he draws his dagger, picks a spot, and thrusts at the man wielding a mace with all his speed.

Damage: [roll]1d4+1[roll]

If the man dies (unlikely, but could happen), he also darts off to R-13

Mysterious_A
2010-12-07, 10:43 AM
Damage, again: [roll0]

halfdragon62
2010-12-07, 06:25 PM
Husk, seeing Tarrock's condition, replaces his crossbow with his shield and scimitar, takes a five foot step to q15, and slashes at bandit one.

attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

GenPol
2010-12-07, 08:52 PM
Ezio swears under his breath. Get it together, he mutters at himself under his breath.

(Using a hero point)

Ezio reloads his crossbow, mutters under his breath, and shoots again at Bandit #7.

Attack: [roll0] (+2 Dex, +8 Hero Point, +1 Bless)

Merk
2010-12-08, 12:18 AM
Feeling a little more confident after the last shot, Arian lets another arrow fly loose at his target with the maces.

Shooting at Bandit 4.
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Pezmerga
2010-12-08, 01:17 AM
Tarrock Connects once more with Happs, and he falls over.

Kael Manages to find an opening and sticks the Mace wielding bandit, prompting a grunt of pain.

Husk wielding his scimitar, slices at #1 and leaves a nice gash on his side.

Ezio's bolt flies true, but only grazes #7. Still the damage felt was very real and she lets out a shout of pain and anger.

Arian's arrow lands in Bandit #4's side and he falls over.

Bandit #1 turns and swipes at Husk Twice with his daggers.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Attack:[roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Bandit #5 attacks Missara with his rapier

Attack [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

Bandit#7 attacks Kael angrily...looking upset that the man with the mace is down. Throwing a Fist and a spinning kick in his direction. Even though the arrow came from elsewhere. Then she takes a 5 foot step to U12.

Attack [roll6]
Damage [roll7]
Attack [roll8]
Damage [roll9]

Bandit 3 heads to T16 and attacks Tarrock...(Missara he passes you)

Attack Attack [roll10]
Damage [roll11] + [roll12]

Bandit 8 Casts Grease on Kael and Zach (Need Reflex Saves)(Husk you get an AOO)

And Lastly Bandit 2 is attacking Missara

Attack [roll13]
damage [roll14]

Combat Map

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj107/Jhail83/CombatMap4.jpg
BL - Hooded Figure wielding a Bastard Sword, that looks too nice for a bandit to have. - KO'd
1 - Male Bandit with Two Daggers.
4 - Male Bandit with a mace - KO'd

Missara you do get an action this round before the hit just fyi. Im just trying to speed it up.

Zach also has to go this round..

SanguinePenguin
2010-12-08, 01:26 AM
Bandit 8 Casts Grease on Kael and Zach (Need Reflex Saves)(Tarrock you may get an AOO if you are standing...)

Tarrock does not waver when the chance to attack the one who cast in battle arises. He lets another wild swing fly.

Attack [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

Wait, never mind, I don't get that attack. There are few combat inconsistencies. The Bandit Leader moved to where number 3 now is in order to flank me. I then moved one spot right of the bandit leader to stop being flanked.

From the look of it, Husk should get an AoO though.

Pezmerga
2010-12-08, 01:36 AM
Tarrock does not waver when the chance to attack the one who cast in battle arises. He lets another wild swing fly.

Attack [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

Wait, never mind, I don't get that attack. There are few combat inconsistencies. The Bandit Leader moved to where number 3 now is in order to flank me. I then moved one spot right of the bandit leader to stop being flanked.

oops my bad you are right. just to keep it simple since BL fell, #3 just went into the square. and you were not flanked by #3 since you woulda been where the BL is shown on last map. Ill update map. youd still be diagonal to #8 though.

SanguinePenguin
2010-12-08, 01:44 AM
Ah! No, that is not where I wanted to move! I moved down and to the right to STOP being flanked (two squared left of Oleg). Sorry if it wasn't clear.

5ft step from S17 to T18

Maybe the things would be move transparent if the map had numbers shown on it. Sorry for the mess!

Pezmerga
2010-12-08, 01:49 AM
Oleg fires at #3 (firing into melee)

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Pezmerga
2010-12-08, 01:57 AM
Since we haven't seen Worguron in awhile Im gonna act for him this round.
He is gonna CLW on Kael

[roll0]

Mysterious_A
2010-12-08, 10:14 AM
Reflex Save: [roll0]

OOC: Before I post actions, are the squares enemies died in considered occupied or not?

Pezmerga
2010-12-08, 10:53 AM
Reflex Save: [roll0]

OOC: Before I post actions, are the squares enemies died in considered occupied or not?

You made your save.

They count as 2 squares of movement.

Mysterious_A
2010-12-08, 12:50 PM
Kael skillfully avoids both the substance covering the floor and the unarmed blows from the female bandit, the latter with a frown. He then eyes the room to choose his next target.

Seeing Missara in a bit of a tough spot, he shouts out to his assaultants, going for a thrust between the ribs to the nearest one.

5ft step to T-13

halfdragon62
2010-12-08, 01:25 PM
Easily batting aside both dagger strikes with his shield, Husk continues to propel himself with the circular movement, hoping to apply the momentum to his next swordstrike.

attack: [roll0]
damage[roll1]

Pezmerga
2010-12-08, 04:18 PM
Im gonna at least let Missara get off his last attack so I will roll...

Attacking #2

Round 2
Kael hits #5 With ease, leaving a nice puncture wound.
Husk Misses his target.

SanguinePenguin
2010-12-08, 08:04 PM
Tarrock was savoring his attacks that took down the bandit leader in two mighty swings. Then he saw Missara get hit... hard. So, he shifted his position and made another powerful swing at the one who injured him.

Move: 5ft step from T18 to U17 (down from 3 right of Missara)
Power Attack: [roll0] (I had forgotten Bless before) [roll1]
6/8 rage rounds

This is against number 2. I am going to assume that hits...

Tarrock struck hard and then screamed, "SURRENDER OR DIE!!!"

ace_cipher_zero
2010-12-08, 08:18 PM
Sorry for not posting for a fwe days, haven't had internet access and my phone broke. However all that I'd have done different is take a 5-ft step left, still would have swung at #2 and all.

And so I guess I'll roll for stabilizing, in case I'm not able to post soon again...

[roll0]

ace_cipher_zero
2010-12-08, 08:59 PM
Also, rolling for pre-fainting AoO...

ToHit: [roll0]

Pezmerga
2010-12-08, 10:38 PM
Tarrock hits the big brute with all his might and the big lug falls to one knee clearly on his last leg...after seeing this the remaining bandits all throw down their weapons.

The Unarmed Female says
My name is Sora...We know what is to come, but please listen to my words. None of us here wish to fight you any longer. We are bandits, but you must understand...if we disobey we die. Our lives may be in your hands now, but even if we go free, the Stag Lord will rid our necks of our heads for failure...

The man with the rapier speaks
SILENCE SORA! Have you no loyalty???!!!!?

I've already seen my brother fall in battle Remy, Why don't you ask yourself why is it that we are here and not your precious Stag Lord!

I took an oath you dirty harlot! Remy charges towards Sora provoking AOOs from whoever would have moved in close enough.

If he reaches her...

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

350 Exp all around.

SanguinePenguin
2010-12-08, 11:05 PM
Tarrock hits the big brute with all his might and the big lug falls to one knee clearly on his last leg...after seeing this the remaining bandits all throw down their weapons.

Seeing the opposition loose their weapons at his threat, Tarrock let his fury subside. After seeing that the surrender seemed legitimate, he knelt down to check on the fallen Missara. "Husk," he said motioning to the cleric.

The Unarmed Female says
My name is Sora...We know what is to come, but please listen to my words. None of us here wish to fight you any longer. We are bandits, but you must understand...if we disobey we die. Our lives may be in your hands now, but even if we go free, the Stag Lord will rid our necks of our heads for failure...

The man with the rapier speaks
SILENCE SORA! Have you no loyalty???!!!!?

Tarrock had risen to his feet, then closed in menacingly as the dissenter spoke.

I've already seen my brother fall in battle Remy, Why don't you ask yourself why is it that we are here and not your precious Stag Lord!

I took an oath you dirty harlot! Remy charges towards Sora provoking AOOs from whoever would have moved in close enough.

Though his rage left him tired, Tarrock swung at the bandit with what strength he had left.

Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

halfdragon62
2010-12-08, 11:23 PM
Husk rushes to Missara's side, uttering a prayer of healing under his breathe. He draws upon an inner reserve of divine power, and channels the curative energies into his fallen comrade

channel positive energy (1 out of 6/day): [roll0]

Pezmerga
2010-12-09, 06:40 AM
Remy reached Sora, but he missed.

Sora, swings at him twice..

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Missara regains consciousness, but he is still not doing great.

Mysterious_A
2010-12-09, 10:08 AM
If the bandit is still up, Kael lines himself up behind him, forming a flank between him and Sora.

...and he turns the dagger in his hand to hit him with the hilt.

Mysterious_A
2010-12-09, 10:20 AM
Confirming critical hit: [roll0]
Extra damage, if crit is confirmed: [roll1]

ace_cipher_zero
2010-12-10, 05:18 PM
Missara woke up groggily after having fallen over. He took that blow a little bit too hard... but something sounded wrong. There was fighting, but not too much...

He opened his eyes, and saw fighting. But two bandits were fighting each other, one was unarmed, and that sneaky one fighting one of them two. He had a headache. His shoulder hurt. Nobody was making any sense.

So, he decided to do what his tribe had done well. He took his axe, furiously scampered over to next to the fighting, stood up to his full height, and yelled, loud, at the bandits to stop right there. In Orc. With passion.

Intimidate check on Remy to get him to stop fighting and cower in fear.

[roll0]

Pezmerga
2010-12-10, 10:59 PM
Missara clearly scares Remy into submission and the rest of the bandits fall into line as well.

Oleg approaches..

Well, I don't want to say i'm surprised, but I can't believe how well you all handled that! Bravo! So what do we do with the prisoners?

halfdragon62
2010-12-11, 03:42 AM
Husk moves to stand next to Oleg, and queries him in a quiet tone so that the bandits may not hear

"Where is the nearest guardhouse or barracks? Or failing any nearby outpost; do you happen to have somewhere in this fort where we could keep this lot? Also, do you have rope? Chains?"

Merk
2010-12-11, 08:56 AM
Arian, seeing that the battle has ended, slowly sets down his bow and sits on the floor of the roof, clutching his head in his hands and trying to cope with the intense stress of the battle.

Mysterious_A
2010-12-11, 10:45 AM
Kael makes his dagger disappear somewhere in his clothing and sighs.

"Ah, yes... now you take your slaves."

The half-elf makes for where he left his backpack and throws the hemp rope from inside down onto the floor.

"We should interrogate them, of course. Sooner -and- later. They'll probably resist us a bit now, but if we wait we risk unpleasant surprises before we get another chance to."

"Either way, we'll be out hunting soon, I predict.", he grins, "And the game? Stag."

Pezmerga
2010-12-11, 01:09 PM
Oleg:I have rope, chains and some manacles if needed. Nothing is too close as far as a real jail or hold goes...Hence you guys being here, but I'm sure we can arrange something...There should be more assistance showing up soon, as thats what Svetlana and I first thought you all were here for. I guess they are still a day or so away.

Oleg brings out 6 manacles and 50 foot of hemp rope, and about 20 feet of chain.

ace_cipher_zero
2010-12-11, 01:52 PM
I'd assume I'm able to assume my bard knows what the river edicts are.

Missara, upon hearing the word 'slaves' instantly perked up. He respectufully let Kael finish speaking, and then started himself.

"Gentlemen... and ladies.... please forgive my companion for his sense of humor. Accompanying us is, of course, voluntary, but I must warn you all that the punishment for unrepentant banditry is execution. And if you can't help us, well, that wouldn't be repenting, now would it? And since there are no other agents of our colours around here currently, there would be really no other way of repenting, so sadly that leaves only one choice."

"If you do follow us, however, we will compensate you justly if you manage to do more than just pay back for your crimes, and such events may not be written down in any records of past criminal activity. Don't worry, we aren't actually slavers, and we will not sell you to any Chellaxian filth. I at the very least would have severe moral objections to that, as would my lord. Let me introduce you to Sir Zacharius of House Orlovsky. Anyways, no need to be hostile, it won't help anyone here."

Mysterious_A
2010-12-11, 04:07 PM
"Right. So, to sum up, serve us or die! ....which, if you think about it is slavery, but I'm sure my brave companion knows more about that than I do.", Kael turns his grin to Missara, and then back to the bandits.

"But quick! Before the bard seeks to scold me for using a bad word. The first to tell me more about this Stag Lord of yours is also the first to loose their bounds. What do you think of that, hm?"

SanguinePenguin
2010-12-11, 04:10 PM
Tarrock personally thought it would be better to kill the lot of them, but he decided to play along with Missara's game for now. He commanded, "for now your arms are forfeit. That should be obvious. We can return them if we learn to trust you. I said 'surrender or die,' and I meant it. A few more seconds and I would have killed you, Remy. Another outburst like that and I surely will."

Tarrock continued grimly, "I have no plans to coddle you as you transition away from bandit-hood. If you don't foresee this transition coming naturally, then it will be better for me to kill you now. That way you don't have to live your last hours in fear of me finding out where your true loyalties lie. As a better idea, so we aren't surrounded by deceit, Oleg says more help is coming. If you aren't sure you want to change or if you're just afraid I'll get suspicious and lop off your head, then we can leave you tied up to be turned over to them. Maybe they will be more lenient or gullible than I. You all have a choice, stay here, die or come with us. If you are truly repentant, the last is the surefire way to live."