PDA

View Full Version : Pounce + Marshal's Bonus Charge Damage

Corwin_of_Amber
2010-11-29, 05:13 PM
So, having acquired Pounce from Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian I can make a full attack after a charge. If I am subject to the Marshal aura Over the Top is this damage added to all iterative attacks?

The exact wording of the aura is: "Bonus on damage rolls when charging."

Morph Bark
2010-11-29, 05:17 PM
Well, the attacks are all made at the end of a charge, so as long as you are still within range of the aura, I'd say yes, they all get the bonus damage. Just like how you might get a bonus to all attack rolls, etc.

Corwin_of_Amber
2010-11-29, 05:22 PM
Well, the attacks are all made at the end of a charge, so as long as you are still within range of the aura, I'd say yes, they all get the bonus damage. Just like how you might get a bonus to all attack rolls, etc.

Alright, thanks for the clarification. Also, I should have been more specific, I'm going to be a Marshal.

Morph Bark
2010-11-29, 05:25 PM
Alright, thanks for the clarification. Also, I should have been more specific, I'm going to be a Marshal.

Then it might be different. I'm not sure if all of the Marshal's auras also affect himself, or just his allies, or that only certain kinds of auras effect him, but always effect his allies. I've seen different things said on this forum, so for that you might also want another answer.

Greenish
2010-11-29, 05:28 PM
Then it might be different. I'm not sure if all of the Marshal's auras also affect himself, or just his allies, or that only certain kinds of auras effect him, but always effect his allies. I've seen different things said on this forum, so for that you might also want another answer.Marshal's auras affect herself, unless otherwise noted. Over the Top doesn't note otherwise.

It should be called Unto the Breach, though. :smallwink:

White Raven does much the same as a marshal, except better. I'm going to assume that ToB is not an option.

Corwin_of_Amber
2010-11-29, 11:56 PM
White Raven does much the same as a marshal, except better. I'm going to assume that ToB is not an option.

I'm actually taking a dip into Crusader to get some of the charging maneuvers/stances. This is actually for a Favored Soul/Prestige Paladin build. With the Marshal's Aura, Leading the Charge stance, and the Divine Might Feat, with a dip into Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian, meant that I get a full attack on a charge that gets +2xCha+Initiator Level on each iterative attack.

Although as I type this I am beginning to wonder if this would work, I'm taking a dip into Cleric for Turn Undead and then taking PrC Paladin to advance Favored Soul.

Is it possible for me to do that or do I have to take the caster level increase in Cleric levels?

Mongoose87
2010-11-30, 12:38 AM
How do you plan on taking both Paladin and Barbarian levels?

Corwin_of_Amber
2010-11-30, 12:43 AM
How do you plan on taking both Paladin and Barbarian levels?
Damn, that's a good point.

The only thing that interests me in Paladin is the Tyranny variant that gets Aura of Despair. Is there some non-Paladin way to get this?

My original answer to this was the CE Paladin, but that gets some crappy penalty to AC aura.

Mongoose87
2010-11-30, 12:51 AM
You could always dip Sacred Exorcist. That's the one that turns, right?

Corwin_of_Amber
2010-11-30, 01:02 AM
You could always dip Sacred Exorcist. That's the one that turns, right? Yea, but I can't take it until 9th level (Dismissal is Clr 4, FS gets it at 8) that means no Paladin until 10th level. And there's the problem of my character being Evil; there's no point in taking the levels if I can't get access to the Aura of Despair, since that is my sole reason for wanting the class.

true_shinken
2010-11-30, 10:06 AM
Damn, that's a good point.

The only thing that interests me in Paladin is the Tyranny variant that gets Aura of Despair. Is there some non-Paladin way to get this?

My original answer to this was the CE Paladin, but that gets some crappy penalty to AC aura.

Paladin of Freedom. There, solved.

AtwasAwamps
2010-11-30, 11:31 AM
Paladin of Freedom. There, solved.

Even easier solution if you don't want that: Start as a chaotic character (Spirit Totem Lion Barbarian) and become lawful. You lose the ability to rage…you don’t lose your pounce.

Corwin_of_Amber
2010-11-30, 01:43 PM
Even easier solution if you don't want that: Start as a chaotic character (Spirit Totem Lion Barbarian) and become lawful. You lose the ability to rage…you don’t lose your pounce.

That's a good idea, thank you.