PDA

View Full Version : [Spoilers] Is Haley really the ...

Zerter
2010-11-29, 06:09 PM
Yeah, so I just read Start of Darkness. Could Haley be the daughter of right-eye? I'm not really interested in a debate, I just wanted to make this post so I can bump the thread in case I'm proved correct.

Morquard
2010-11-29, 06:14 PM
What did you smoke?

olthar
2010-11-29, 06:19 PM
What did you smoke?

whatever it is I want some.

silversaraph
2010-11-29, 06:23 PM
...What is WRONG with you?

Even a person like me who reads crackfic is absolutely... Actually, the previous post has a good description of that. Um.

o...kay...

Cybertoy00
2010-11-29, 06:25 PM
...That's not out from left field, that's from outta the stadium! On what basis, besides whimsical imagination and madness-induced boredom could create a theory like THAT?

Traker
2010-11-29, 06:35 PM
I'm sorry but That would mean haley is a goblin.

RebelRogue
2010-11-29, 06:36 PM
I'm sorry but That woulg mean haley is a goblin.
Not necessarily! She could be a half-goblin!

MarkusWolfe
2010-11-29, 06:39 PM
You best be meaning the old guy in the arena with Belkar and Roy right now.

Orzel
2010-11-29, 06:48 PM
It all makes sense

Right-Eye clones himself, killed the clone, reincarnated as a human, got gender switched into a woman, and had Haley with Ian, then was dispelled.

Wait, that doesn't make sense.

fimzo
2010-11-29, 07:22 PM
Which comic numbers include such possibilities? I want to see how you arrived at such a theory. Also, in the recent strips are some things making such an idea nearly impossible.

Goosefarble
2010-11-29, 07:27 PM
Forgive the noob who has spent no money on this comic and hence has not read Start of Darkness, but WHAT. I was under the impression Right-Eye was a goblin. Like... Redcloak's brother. So... the question here is... what led you to that conclusion?

TreesOfDeath
2010-11-29, 07:29 PM
Ok people, you can stop now. I think he gets it

http://www.clanram.com/forums/attachments/f11/1228-rams-chargers-game-aired-la-beat_dead_horse.jpg

Rad
2010-11-29, 07:36 PM
That was not the kindest of posts.

It's not a great theory, mostly because RE's daughter is a goblin and Haley is not.
Ok, you could have her having been target of a Polymorph Any Object spell, but still no.

Ah, and I guess the OP didn't read the forum rules either. Bumping in itself is not permitted and on top of that by the time Haley's secret will be unveiled this thread will probably have fallen back so that any reply will be thread necromancy.

Dr.Epic
2010-11-29, 07:57 PM
Haley is not a goblin nor does she look like a golbin, and we know Haley's father and it's not Right Eye.

Porthos
2010-11-29, 08:26 PM
Sadly, this isn't the first time this idea has come up on this forum. :smallwink:

Pyron
2010-11-29, 08:35 PM
Haley can't be Right Eye's daughter. She just can't.
Xykon is Right Eye's daughter.

Dr.Epic
2010-11-29, 09:29 PM
Haley can't be Right Eye's daughter. She just can't.
Xykon is Right Eye's daughter.

(in the voice of James Earl Jones) Search your feelings. You know this to be true.

iowaforever
2010-11-29, 10:03 PM
(in the voice of James Earl Jones) Search your feelings. You know this to be true.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

but serously, in SoD Right Eye's daughter is too young to be Haley since in order for this to work Haley would have to be fourteen or something

The Pilgrim
2010-11-29, 10:05 PM
This is NOT the worst Epileptic Tree I have read in this Forum.

You know, it *only* involves that Haley got polymorphed as a baby and Ian is just her adoptive father. At least, this doesn't breaks Basic Game Mechanics or Word of Author like most Epileptic Trees out there.

That doesn't means the theory is not epically insane. But give the guy some breath, people.

Nevereatcars
2010-11-30, 12:01 AM
IAN could've been polymorphed. Where does it say that Right-Eye is dead?

Magdela
2010-11-30, 12:14 AM
I do believed we may have been trolled, or he was in some sort of rush and forgot to put his thoughts down.

Raging Gene Ray
2010-11-30, 12:14 AM
But give the guy some breath, people.

Oh no. He is going to sit there and listen to all the silly things that are more believable than his idea.

Mr. Zerter, I would sooner believe that Xykon will be defeated by Giant Space Hamsters from Spelljammer flying out of the rift than accept your theory.

I would sooner believe that The Snarl is really the god of Good-aligned abberations and all the killings were accidents (ya know, like Lenny and the mice) that it hasn't forgiven itself for than accept your theory.

I would sooner acknowledge my own shortcomings than accept your theory.

Wait...scratch that last one.

Rob Roy
2010-11-30, 12:24 AM
Yeah, so I just read Start of Darkness. Could Haley be the daughter of right-eye? I'm not really interested in a debate, I just wanted to make this post so I can bump the thread in case I'm proved correct.
Short answer: This breaks the bounds of logic.
Long answer: I would rather believe that Xykon is the love-child of the Lady of Pain and Vecna than this. Haley looks nothing like a goblin at all. I doesn't make sense for her to be half goblin. It violates Occam's Razor. I mean really... *that sound you just heard was my brain exploding*

zyborg
2010-11-30, 12:34 AM
Long answer: I would rather believe that Xykon is the love-child of the Lady of Pain and Vecna than this. Haley looks nothing like a goblin at all. I doesn't make sense for her to be half goblin. It violates Occam's Razor. I mean really... *that sound you just heard was my brain exploding*

Wow, your brain exploded from the awesomeness of Haley's Goblin heritage? Well, that's stupid. It is obvious that she is... I mean they... well, Haley is a humanoid, just like most goblins. Oh, and both goblins and Haley eat stuff. But Haley isn't Right-eye's daughter, she's Redcloak's daughter! Dun dun dun...

Rob Roy
2010-11-30, 12:36 AM
Wow, your brain exploded from the awesomeness of Haley's Goblin heritage? Well, that's stupid. It is obvious that she is... I mean they... well, Haley is a humanoid, just like most goblins. Oh, and both goblins and Haley eat stuff. But Haley isn't Right-eye's daughter, she's Redcloak's daughter! Dun dun dun...
Such a shame Crack Pairings was locked. I can see this being in there somehow.

HalfTangible
2010-11-30, 12:44 AM
I wonder if Right Eye named his daughter Chekov...

Thoughts?

Rob Roy
2010-11-30, 12:45 AM
Only if he gave her a gun.

MarkusWolfe
2010-11-30, 12:56 AM

Xykon being the offpsring of the Lady of Pain and Vecna, eh? Excuse me while I go start another thread....

factotum
2010-11-30, 02:45 AM

Er, he died at the end of Start of Darkness and was raised as a zombie by Redcloak, so unless you're suggesting that somebody disguised himself as Right-Eye and was convincing enough to fool his own brother, I think we can safely assume the guy's dead.

Bizarrely enough, apart from Haley being totally the wrong age to be Right-Eye's daughter, I could actually believe this theory--it would certainly explain why we've never seen Haley's mother in the on-line comic!

Orzel
2010-11-30, 07:35 AM
I told y'all already.
Clones.
Righty Eye, Haley's Mom, Thog, the Chief, and Mr Scuffy are are all the same person.

Morph Bark
2010-11-30, 07:44 AM
It all makes sense

Right-Eye clones himself, killed the clone, reincarnated as a human, got gender switched into a woman, and had Haley with Ian, then was dispelled.

Wait, that doesn't make sense.

/cribs idea for campaign :smalltongue:

The Pilgrim
2010-11-30, 10:57 AM
Remember that Haley has proven to know how a goblin teenager thinks (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0093.html), and how to seduce a Goblin (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0100.html).

Dun Dun Duuun... :smallbiggrin:

Raging Gene Ray
2010-11-30, 03:29 PM
I told y'all already.
Clones.
Righty Eye, Haley's Mom, Thog, the Chief, and Mr Scuffy are are all the same person.

Everyone in the world's a clone. A polymorphed clone of one of the gods.

TreesOfDeath
2010-11-30, 04:08 PM
God dammit people, this is one of his first posts, its a little bit silly and you drag this thread out taking the piss out of him? Way to encourage a new poster

Rob Roy
2010-11-30, 06:53 PM
God dammit people, this is one of his first posts, its a little bit silly and you drag this thread out taking the piss out of him? Way to encourage a new poster
He's been posting since '09. He's not new, just a lurker.

Tira-chan
2010-11-30, 07:27 PM

Please, please tell me this is sarcasm. Or you haven't read Start of Darkness.

In reference to the rest of the topic, I can assure you that you are clearly wrong. It is a well-known fact that Belkar is Right-Eye's daughter.

Orzel
2010-11-30, 07:33 PM
Please, please tell me this is sarcasm. Or you haven't read Start of Darkness.

In reference to the rest of the topic, I can assure you that you are clearly wrong. It is a well-known fact that Belkar is Right-Eye's daughter.

No
Belkar is Right-Eye's eldest triplet.

AtopTheMountain
2010-11-30, 08:01 PM
No no no no no. You're ALL wrong.

Haley is OBVIOUSLY the Half-Celestial love-child of Right-Eye and Girard, who was a female before he and his sister Ianna were caught in a horrible time-traveling accident, causing them to swap bodies with some random bystanders. They used to be in the bodies of the girl in panel 7 of this strip (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0683.html) and Miko. :smallbiggrin:

No

No.
Right-Eye is Belkar's eldest triplet. Yes, this makes Belkar Haley's grandfather.

Rob Roy
2010-11-30, 08:06 PM
No no no no no. You're ALL wrong.

Haley is OBVIOUSLY the Half-Celestial love-child of Right-Eye and Girard, who was a female before he and his sister Ianna were caught in a horrible time-traveling accident, causing them to swap bodies with some random bystanders. They used to be in the bodies of the girl in panel 7 of this strip (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0683.html) and Miko. :smallbiggrin:
Hmm, while that does make sense :smallamused:, I still think Xykon being the love-child of the LoP and Vecna has something to do with Haleys parentage. Maybe Right-Eye got gender swapped and had relations with Xykon?:smallyuk:

AtopTheMountain
2010-11-30, 08:09 PM
Hmm, while that does make sense :smallamused:, I still think Xykon being the love-child of the LoP and Vecna has something to do with Haleys parentage. Maybe Right-Eye got gender swapped and had relations with Xykon?:smallyuk:

Of course! It explains everything! And it's even clearer if Vaarsuvius is Haley's identical twin sother (brister? :smallconfused:)

Rob Roy
2010-11-30, 08:15 PM
Of course! It explains everything! And it's even clearer if Vaarsuvius is Haley's identical twin sother (brister? :smallconfused:)
It's starting to come together, but if this is true then V children's actually are the kids of all of the elven resistance members! How you ask, well one of the elven resistance members is actually V's half sibling!! :insertgomadfromtherevelationsmileyhere:

The_Weirdo
2010-11-30, 08:40 PM
Wait, what?

The Glyphstone
2010-11-30, 08:54 PM

At first, I read this and thought you were suggesting that Haley was the daughter of Redcloak and Right-Eye.:smalleek::smalleek::smallfrown:

Nimrod's Son
2010-12-02, 02:11 AM
Why on Earth should anyone want to encourage people to post that sort of nonsense?

No
Eldest by twenty years or more? That's a helluva protracted labour. :smallamused:

Rob Roy
2010-12-02, 02:18 AM
Why on Earth should anyone want to encourage people to post that sort of nonsense?
We don't, but one of the reasons this was posted presumably has to do with the fact that this section is famous for insane nonsense masquerading as a theory. Stuff like "Belker's not evil" or "Miko didn't deserve to fall". At least we've shown we have a line for how nonsensical it has to be in order to not be taken seriously.

Nimrod's Son
2010-12-02, 02:21 AM
We don't, but one of the reasons this was posted presumably has to do with the fact that this section is famous for insane nonsense masquerading as a theory.
Yes, exactly. There's already WAY more than enough of this tedious "maybe X is really Y in disguise" dreck without people actively encouraging more. :smallsigh:

Mercutio
2010-12-02, 07:32 PM
Er, he died at the end of Start of Darkness and was raised as a zombie by Redcloak, so unless you're suggesting that somebody disguised himself as Right-Eye and was convincing enough to fool his own brother, I think we can safely assume the guy's dead.

Bizarrely enough, apart from Haley being totally the wrong age to be Right-Eye's daughter, I could actually believe this theory--it would certainly explain why we've never seen Haley's mother in the on-line comic!

Technically its possible he isnt dead. As seen here: About two goblin heads right of the tip of Roys sword. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0105.html)

Its possible He was some how brought back to life. I'm just to lazy to think of way as to how. Perhaps his body was destroyed, Red Cloak used a "Speak to Dead" spell or Plane Shifted over to talk with his Brother and asked for forgiveness, borhtly love moment, hugs, tears, etc. He then Ressurected him back on the Home plane.
We never acctually see this goblin with the Eye Patch "die". This could be quite possibly have been (or still is) Right Eye. He could have ran out of the room fast enough to avoid Belkar, during his "Precious Chunks of XP" moment. Hell he may even have left the Dungeon in time. :smallconfused:

But its far more likely that this character just carries a similarity to Right-Eye, minus the face pubes of course.

Edit: All though..... He may have just gotten so old he lost his hair..... :smalltongue:

Nimrod's Son
2010-12-03, 04:58 AM
Right-Eye was an old man when he died; the goblin you're talking about has no wrinkles whatsoever. Plus Right-Eye never wore the all-black clothing that generic goblin mooks wear. It's just a random goblin with an eyepatch - there's absolutely no way it's Right-Eye.

Not to mention that this goblin would have died when the dungeon exploded, so he's still dead either way.

Swordpriest
2010-12-03, 10:15 AM
I told y'all already.
Clones.

I support this theory. Wholeheartedly. :smallbiggrin:

Mercutio
2010-12-03, 12:29 PM
Right-Eye was an old man when he died; the goblin you're talking about has no wrinkles whatsoever. Plus Right-Eye never wore the all-black clothing that generic goblin mooks wear. It's just a random goblin with an eyepatch - there's absolutely no way it's Right-Eye.

Not to mention that this goblin would have died when the dungeon exploded, so he's still dead either way.

It was more of my own wacky theory. I was by no means serious.