PDA

View Full Version : Awaken From the Dream, Living the Nightmare (Exalted IC)

Myllinnia
2010-11-29, 07:29 PM
UNKNOWN
It’s a dark place, a place with no light. Things are here, things of darkness, things of something powerful. They dance around a spire of light devouring metal, in worship of it. Two figures lay in supplication before this spire, their shadowy forms wavering slightly. From the spire’s base the metal shifts and changes, and a pulsing red light appears followed by a powerful humming. Immediately the dancer falls sending their alien prayers to it.

“They move to act, Creation will shudder, perhaps… it will fall.” One of the two that had been bowing before says a voice much like that of a crystal and song.

“She Moves as well,” a deep mechanical voice says. “She will twist Fate to rescue Creation, I can already see the eight threads she has touched.”

“Altered or not the Sidereal’s plans are great,” the other says its voice more like metal being hammered out.

“NO, you will go, and destroy these eight. You will ensure HER plans are ruined and her tears will fill me with joy. NOW GO!”

With that the darkness becomes empty and the Spire’s pulsing light softens.
---
Meru (Calibration Day 1)

As it has be year after year since Salina has suggested all Solars have been called to the Calibration Feast. Solars from every corner of Creation have come, to talk, to boast, to claim, and to plan. Alliances are made on these days or shattered. This particular Calibration Feast though is quite anticipated, the Five Metal Shrike is nearing Completion and people are interested in its design. Salina’s Working is a controversial thing, and many want to know how successful it’s been of late. The newest clothing styles will be seen, the newest, Bio-genesis grafts that none have seen before will be displayed certainly. And there was one other thing, a surprise, Katiya Asertayne, one of the most eccentric Zeniths of the time has claimed and will show one of these five nights.

Meru is silent this day of Calibration, the darkness of the period covers everything. A soft strange wind blows softly over the towers and streets, brushing against trees and bushes. The eerie silence this night doesn’t bother you, exactly. You are God-Kings of Creation after all, and the mere weather wasn’t going to ruin any sort of celebration. Eventually you all come to a single place, you aren’t sure why you are here, a park with a large tree. You can see the banquet hall, where carriages and other vehicles are dropping off the Solars for this night. The dragon blooded of their stand at the ready near the doors and stairs to the building.

The wind blows then swirls around you, leaves swirl around you, and then the soft twinkling of bells is heard. Slowly your thoughts sooth, thoughts of cruelty disperse, plans that would hurt anyone seem to fade away as if they were dreams. You haven’t felt this way since you first Exalted.

A voice softly speaks to you. “Your madness is gone temporarily, if you wish to know why… if you wish to know how, then the task I require before that is simple. Survive Calibration. If all of you have, then you will travel south to a place that I shall wait at. You will not be able to not find it.”

For a moment the voice is silent. “I will be watching your actions, it is imperative you do the least amount of damage to Creation.”

The voice is very silent now, the twinkling of bells falls silent as the wind falls still. You are certainly aware of those with around you. The six Solars and the two Lunars find themselves alone, with those that they had brought, they look to their respective people with cool looks or concern.

Describe yourselves, A Per + Awareness roll is recommended. And nothing is threatening you. PM me if you want me to run your Allies/Followers/Henchemen. EvilDMMK3 I'm still figuring out your PM'd question. I shall have an appropriate resonse soonish.

Ganurath
2010-11-29, 10:10 PM
When the voice communicated the desired task to Vigilance, her instinctive reaction was to change her attire from the black-trimmed formal gown of orichalcum cloth she had assumed for the feast to her more official rainment of battle. However, she realized that such a change would do nothing but expose her awareness of a threat to any observers, and there most certainly was a threat. Why else would the voice consider surviving Calibration a task? Instead, she looked over her surroundings, not only her gathered comrades but also the tree and their immediate surroundings. If there was an immediate threat, her watchful eye would catch it before her comrades came to harm.

"Rage." Vigilance did not look down at her Bondmate as she addressed her. The girl would be well used to her Bondmate asking half a question, a tactic she often used when expecting an ambush when the pair would hunt down dangers in the Underworld. Even if the voice hadn't addressed her Bondmate, the most immediate meat of the message would be communicated. "Was it my imagination?"

DrakeRaids
2010-11-29, 10:11 PM
Madness....?

Terrans, The Dragon of Amber shook his head quietly as if shaking some heavy cloud, he felt... different, that was true. But madness? What was this that the voice spoke of? Yes he had seen some strange things from his fellow solars but surely he had kept a level head! Had he? He felt wrong but there was no real time to focus on it, that voice disturbed him in more ways then one. How had it communicated with him? He had gone to great lengths to avoid the sidereals as of late, with their constant prattling. Who had managed to reach him like that?

Terran sighed as he glanced around the hall, a darkly handsome man with lightly tanned skin and a jet black straight hair tied neatly back into a slightly spike ponytail. He golden cloak over his shimmering vest and shirt that seemed to be made of shimmering gold that left motes of light in is passage, all of it marking him for the Lawbringer he was, one of the lords of creation. It was formed from the amulet his wife had made for him personally, he was quiet fond of it, even if he knew there was going to be some prank hidden in the thing somewhere.

But alas, that was what made life interesting these days, before disembodied voices of course. His aid, Li, with her chalky white skin and hair contrasting so deeply with his stood in the shadows as always, relaying some vague message on a personal prayer device of hers, she had evidently heard nothing, and until his fellow Exalts mentioned it he was hardly going to paint himself a fool. When Vigilance spoke though the Eclipse let out a quiet sigh and closed his eyes for a moment. It appeared Vigilance at least had heard something as well.

"Vigilance... I fear it was not. Did you just hear an oblique warning perhaps? Or have I just had a touch to much wine? I never did learn the trick to holding my liquor." he added with a self deprecating smile.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-11-29, 10:45 PM
Rage

Rage tilts her head to the side, clearing her thoughts. She didn't feel any different, but she was still foggy from her nap. Vi had carried her here, but the little girl had woken up for the party. But now something else was going on. Rage wasn't worried. She didn't know who the voice belonged to, or what was going on, but all it had asked her to do was survive. Lunars were good at that. She didn't even have to know what the threat was, to know that she was its equal. Her mate spoke up and Rage looked up at Vi, smiling. The Lunar looked about 8 Years Old, fair-skinned and blonde like a child of the north. Her appearance and demeanor were vaguely Angelic, a perception helped along by the White Dress she was wearing. Rather plain, it made the Lunar look even more childlike then she normally did, a small pendant of Orichalcum and Moonsilver lying over the dress. She preferred her armor, but took her cues from Vi. A Cloak of Essence Spider Silk draped around her shoulders, the hood pushed back, a small kitten, white, curled up in the hood, purring.

"Nope, I heard it to Vi. We done now? We going to the party?"

Rage smiled, utterly unconcerned.

"Or are we going home?"

Skybound Fencer
2010-11-30, 01:55 AM
Masakenshi had walked alone for most of the trip, for it was how the man usually travelled, much preferring the company of himself than the company of others. He was bothered. The things that he had felt in the wind, so little time before Calibration...that is why he was present in the wretched city of Meru at this time. He knew that something was wrong, and that something was pushing him forward. His duty was pushing him forward...but his burning desire for freedom was holding him back.

The Elder Solar was wearing his formal kimono, though, in comparaison, it was among the simplest clothing to be found on an important day such as this one. It was entirely dark gray, and made of silk, and the sleeves were just a touch too big for him, covering his hands just above the wrist. He was wearing orichalcum, but it was hidden beneath the simple garb; his Amulet was around his neck, and his Bracers around his wrist. An attentive observer might've seen a glimpse of them as the Night Caste walked, his clothes elegantly flowing around him, following the direction of the wind. A scabbard was tied around his hips, and it held his trusty and powerful weapon, the Divine Wind of the Blessed Isle.

When he found himself in the park, he saw the others, but did not speak to them, fully intent on going to the Feast to see what his intuition was all about. But then... the voice spoke to him, and he suddenly felt clear-headed, like he hadn't felt in such a long time. Suddenly, the desire for freedom that lingered in his heart was calmed, and he collected his thoughts anew. He gasped for air, surprised at the feeling, but listened to the voice carefully.

When she had finished, it quickly appeared that his moment of surprise was completely gone, and his expression was back to the one he always used : a smile on his lips, but his blue eyes as cold as the mountains of the North. For a while, he did not react, though noted, from Undying Vigilance's - he had heard of her feats as a warrior and had respect for her - and Terran's - a very famous mediator - reactions that he wasn't the only one to have heard it, apparently.

To survive Calibration...this was now their task? But why would they need to survive through something like that? Were his intuitions right? Were the things he had felt even more omnious than he thought?

The black-haired man drew his sword, and held it in his right hand. The Orichalcum weapon was incredibly ornate, clashing with the rest of his attire, but it didn't matter. His eyes flickered around the park, expertly watching everything, noting every detail. He had done this before, of course, as part of his work in the Secret Police.

"On your guard," he simply warned.

His feet and entire posture slowly switched, so that he might give everything a better look, and he held his sword close to himself, ready to jump into action at any moment.

WhiteKnight777
2010-11-30, 01:58 AM
The Vanguard

Vanguard of Cthonic Infinitude shook his head from side to side. Madness? What was madness? And what was sanity. These, he knew, were relative terms. In Creation, riding a horse, for example, or bartering for bread were perfectly sane actions for a mortal. In the Wyld, one might ride the concept of travel through a sea of tepid platitudes or pluck bread from the back of a loaf-beast. Sanity was situational.

But it could not be denied that his own perceptions had suddenly shifted. He existed now in a fundamentally altered paradigm than hand been his a moment before. It was... disconcerting. For few seconds, anyway. Given his nature, he adapted with fairly unpredictable speed.

He was a tall man, and lean - he moved with an inhuman, liquid grace, and the veins beneath his skin shone silver. His entire body, as a matter of fact, had a silvery-blue hue, and his skin seemed to ripple. His hair was a short, spiky mass of pure silver head back by a band of black silk, and his only concession to formality was a loincloth spun from the dreams of opiate-bliss poets and girdled with a belt of unicorn hair. His visage changed from moment to moment - there was no permanence in his features, and his flesh flowed like the moonsilver it was.

Something or someone comes. Perhaps to hunt or perhaps to dance. Maybe both. He said in an eerily choral voice.

Evil DM Mark3
2010-11-30, 03:34 AM
Tarngala kept his face emotionless, careful not to show weakness to the others gathered here. Never again. Wary that he may be being observed Tarngala focused on his vision, opening the inner soul of his eyes (Activating Unsurpassed Sight Discipline). The flash of thought, the lens of his moment of Exaltation, drove his soul to the deeper layers bitterness. To have come from there, to here. To have been all he was, and to have become all he now is.

Sickening.

This sallow faced and lank haired solar in centuries out of date Silksteel armour carries his Gourmaul with the air of one who would most likely use it on anyone who implied it was inappropriate. On the face of the hammer, the seal of his office, used to seal documents of legal import. Unconcealed distaste pours from his watery grey eyes as he surveys the people here assembled, rising to contempt when he views the Lunars.

The coming together of so many Solars frustrated him, so many indecent and criminal individuals who he was unable to act against. And him. Calibration was normally spent on paperwork. What was the point of all this? He had toyed with not coming at all and being considered even ruder rather than sitting through five days of this humiliation. The idea of having to appear in public with that lawbreaking thing was almost too much to bear.

"Can we do away with the ridiculous theatrics and paranoia associated with our coming together? Was anyone else communicated with? Such things are far from difficult for even the Lesser Celestials."

horngeek
2010-11-30, 04:42 AM
The Golden Princess

Meidani pulls up short as she hears the message, for one moment feeling like the girl of sixteen she was so long ago and still looked to be to this very day. The wind blew her hair and shimmering golden dress as her olive eyes looked around, frowning.

"I did."

Perception+Awareness: [roll0]

Green Bean
2010-11-30, 08:11 AM
Hareth Twice-Blighted was replendent in a long and flowing white robe, with detailed embroideries picked out in golden thread. It had been the height of fashion a hundred years or so ago, but it still had some cache as formal wear and as a way to conceal his armor. The illusion wouldn't hold up to anyone looking for armor, but it was a polite fiction that set people at ease. The man himself looked as he always did. A weathered tanned face that certainly didn't stand out in this crowd, greying hair cropped short, and piercing eyes. When he moved, it was in the way of a soldier, purposeful and powerful, but surprisingly graceful.

He was unaccompanied, as always. He refused to bring along any of his loyal followers; with most of the Solars in Creation in attendence, it would be too easy for one of his people to be turned against him. It was the same reason he had cut off his manse-citadel from the rest of the world. Those who opposed him had no compunctions about working through catspaws, and thus every letter, every missive, every message to his people was turned away.

As Hareth heard the voice, he did not flinch, or jump, or indeed betray any sign that he had heard anything. He trusted his instincts, and they were telling him that there was no immediate threat. Instead, he paused, took a deep breath, and the darkness of Calibration fades, lit not by the Sun but through Solar perfection. He exhales, and the noises of the night become clearer, and Hareth can hear the beating hearts of the Dragonblooded guards, slow but powerful. He inhales once more, and his sight refines even further, showing him the individual blades of grass and the tiniest creatures that live upon them.

DrakeRaids
2010-11-30, 01:07 PM
"The question of course is why?" Terran mused, what could happen to them at Calibration? Perhaps it was arrogance but they where the current masters of Creation? What could harm them? Perhaps this was another of Monkeys jokes, he wouldn't put it past her to try such a thing, though her games tended to be less subtle then this. "Some young Dragon Blooded playing a prank perhaps? Forgive me for asking though... But just how does your mind feel?" Terran glanced around, stepping out on a ledge for a moment, "I feel odd myself. Strangely clear headed, since the voice came. Its... Odd."

Evil DM Mark3
2010-11-30, 02:01 PM
"I have a strange feeling of, clarity." He spat the word, like it had a foul taste.

Myllinnia
2010-11-30, 04:00 PM
The darkness of Clalibration continues as normal. The eyes of the various chosen look, ears listen. The Festival Hall's high windows are a glow with light. Music is already making its loud way from the buildings. The Dragonblooded that guard the building seem quite bored.

Rage & Kitty, Vanguard, & Terran
The Lunars, the Behemoth, and Solar Eclipse notice the Dragonblooded, or rather 2 seperate groups crouched down nearby, dressed in battle armors not known to be used upon the Isle. They are watching the Festival Hall.

Masakenshi, Undying Vigilance, & Meidani
You three see not only the 2 nearest groups of ready to pounce dragonblooded with their battle armor, but you seen 3 others. Each weilding strange spears that fill the three of you with unease.

Tarngala & Hareth
The two of you see 5 groups of crouching Dragonblooded in battlearmor not worn in Meru. Each weild thick handled spears, with a strange black twin bladed head. Two flicking of the air is noticed by you as a pair of women dressed in silken armor colored black, the violet hue of their entrance signifying the Chosen of Endings. One Whispers: "Two hand fulls of the Solars are not there."

The Other shrugs, "Their end is near as well, it matters not if its here or a place of their chosing. Now let us get ready... once Salina makes her inane speech we will strike."

All in all none have noticed the strange grouping of Chosen.

Evil DM Mark3
2010-11-30, 04:15 PM
"Treason."

Tarngala turns to the others gathered. "I know that you have seen what I have seen, you cannot deny the acts of our fellow exalts! I challenge any of you who doubt me to attend me in my Office where I have further documents for you to see."

OOC: What roll is it to convey information to the other solars without others (like the Sidreals) understanding it?

Skybound Fencer
2010-11-30, 04:51 PM
The Elder Solar looked at the group of Dragon-Blooded that were clumsily hiding, and frowned slightly, drawing his blade back into its sheath. Those spears, those armors... those were strange. Very strange. In fact, those postures were ones one might take when trying to hunt for something. But, even with all this evidence, the Night Caste did not panic, and he did not speak. Instead, he simply blinked - and, suddenly, his presence was easily overseeable, easily forgetable. To those unaware of him, it might've looked like he was a simple mortal.

Then, he bent his back ever so slightly, and very carefully, very slowly, walked towards their hiding place. He did not do anything irrational, and, in fact, barely moved from his spot; but he still attempted to get closer, to get a better look at them, and to, maybe, understand what they were saying.

Using EASILY OVERLOOKED PRESENCE METHOD , for 3m, in order to make Masakenshi harder to spot.

Permanent: ●●●●● ●●●
Personal: 31/34 (0 Committed)
Peripheral: 72/81 (9 Committed)

Sneaking As Usual I See (Dexterity + Stealth) : [roll0]
What Are Those Guys Saying Anyway (Perception + Awareness) : [roll1]

Green Bean
2010-11-30, 06:21 PM
Hareth closes his eyes for a moment. So, it seemed history was repeating itself. For a moment, the Solar almost drew his bow and fired, but he stopped himself. Five squads of Dragonblooded and a few Sidereals were no match for the gathered Celestial host. Either this was nothing to worry about, or they had additional support nearby, and either way attacking would be pointless. He would need more information.

Hareth sunk deeper into the shadows, and soon he was completely unnoticable. He perked up his ears, continuing to listen to the words of the Sidereals, but also trying to determine the state of the ongoing feast. Salina's 'inane' speech would be coming up soon.

Spending 5 motes on Invisible Statue Spirit + 1 to prevent anima flaring, and another 5 motes to activate the cloaking device on Hareth's armor. No need for a stealth roll as it's automatically successful barring physical contact.

Making another Awareness roll to both keep listening and try to hear what's going on in the festivities. (Also, forgot to add the Awareness bonus from the Unseen Assassin armor last time, so there's 2 extra dice)

Perception + Awareness: ([roll0] +2 successes) x 3

Personal Pool: 30 (+7 committed)
Peripheral Pool: 42 (+39 Committed)

Ganurath
2010-11-30, 08:13 PM
"Hold that thought, Rage." Vigilance turns her attention toward... Tarngala, if she remembered correctly. She had been so caught up in caring about others from the conceptual standpoint, that she hadn't paid any mind to individuals. Was that the madness that had lifted? "You have my attention, but the journey to your domain would likely be lengthy. I have matters to attend at Vigil's Keep, which is just a short trip northwest of the Isle. Perhaps we could speak in one of my manses? One of my sons knows the Charm to pierce deceptions, so I'd be able to take you at your word."

DrakeRaids
2010-11-30, 09:13 PM
"My Manta is nearby, I can move us to it after the speech in short order." Terran suggested. Glancing around at the odd group of Dragon Blooded. It was strange to see them using weapons he had never seen before, he was certain that monkey was operating on the cutting edge as it was. Perhaps some upstart Twilight was trying to show off?

Evil DM Mark3
2010-12-01, 03:48 AM
"As with all of the great offices of Creation I have an office in Meru itself, I hope you are aware."

Ganurath
2010-12-01, 11:16 AM
"Ah, yes. I must confess I've never given mine more than the minimum of attention, so it didn't spring to mind. Deferring duties to mortal talents makes it easier to pursue my function as a warrior." Vigilance looks toward the northwest with a worried expression. Tarngala was likely convinced that his offices were somehow safer than Vigil's Keep, but she couldn't think of anything that could make it safer. "I do have matters to attend, though. The only reason they're being neglected is the party, and I was hoping that the matters you wished to address could be use as an excuse to avoid the event. Can you present your case swiftly?"

Myllinnia
2010-12-02, 05:29 PM
For the sneaky and the those able to hear the Sidereals continue unafraid of reprisals, certain that no one other than they are there to hear eachother.

"I gather then East and South Spires were completed. It will be hard to deal with the Solars if they are not functional."

The other Sidereal shrugs. "Chejop says they are ready. And you know how he is."

One turns away and rubs her arms as she shivers slightly, "It is... slightly scary you know. We're going to fundamentally change the way Creation runs."

"And its too late to change now. You yourself killed 3 of our own to get this... Shh. Salina speaks."

Far more easier to hear even this far from the Banquet Hall, is the wordy Salina, her voice obvious empowered by charms. "Great Chosen of the Sun. Another year has left and our marks upon it were made. History will show our kindly guidance of the people, it will show that we have done right with the Ruling Mandate." There is some clapping but it fades. "Though it is sad to see that no more than 10 of our number has not come this day, let us not feel anger at them. No, let us simply be sad for them, unwilling to maintain peace through our time, unwilling to reflect on what the year has brought." There can almost be heard a group of unhappy disagreement from this, likely they were the ones who felt it was not proper to snub the Meru bound Deliberative, the rest likely didn't care. It was certainly harder to get the three hundred strong Solars together at an one time as it was.

For another ten minutes the Solar Zenith continues, praising various members of the Solars. Fellow Zenith Katiya Asertayne whose plan to put her city Exar'Xia in the sky forever. Kan-Hur for his dream and insight to build a craft as strong as the powerful Titans. Desus who no one could say anything bad against. She continues on leaving out the ten that did not show. Former Queen and oldest of the Solar, Merela has not shown up to one of these in centuries, and now 9 others numbered with her. Its easy to imagine the disappointing gaze of the energetic Zenith as she passes over the seats that the six Solars here would have sat in.

"Now, I am certain that you all have been eagerly awaiting the display of the achievements of the age. So let us enjoy the feast this night. And look forward to a better year. I assure you the Working will be a wonderful tool for everyone!" She then sits down as a resounding applause echoes in the hall.

The the Sidereals nod to each other and well... disappear. A short living buzzing ripples through minds of the group of Solars and Lunars in this small clearing and then an eerie silence as the dragonblooded simply sit and wait eyes focused on the guards at the entrances of the Banquet Hall.

Green Bean
2010-12-02, 08:46 PM
Hareth narrowed his eyes at the Sidereals' admission of murder, and the mention of Chejop. This was beyond anything he had considered. An instant before the two vanished, he took another look at the apparent murderer. Though she was cloaked and concealed, such paltry defenses were far below the might of a god-king. Her stance, her words, her disguise, all were as plain as day. However, Hareth looked even deeper. With Celestial Exalts, there were always pieces that didn't quite fit. A lone syllable that didn't fit an accent. An imperceptible change in gait. Even the smallest flux in the hue of an anima. They were personality fragments, all that was left of an Exaltation shard's past life. And once you knew the trick, you could identify specific shards on sight.

Hareth was about to turn his attention to the second Sidereal when the both of them vanished. As the buzzing rings in his mind, he turns his attention to the other Exalts near him. There was still the possibility that they were involved, but the seriousness of the situation called for a little risk. Still concealed by his Charms, the Night Caste speaks in a voice that seems to come from nowhere. "There are at least five concealed squads of Dragonblooded outside the hall, and several Sidereals backing them up. They are heavily armed and intend to attack the feast momentarily."

Hareth was normally this blunt, but in this case it served a purpose. He watched his fellow Exalts carefully, looking for a telltale lack of surprise.

Using Legacy-Detecting Glance on the slightly scared murderer. Using it to know the identity of any and all of the past bearers of her Exaltation. Since there's only a hundred Sidereals, and only 20 Chosen of Endings, can Hareth put two and two together and use that to figure out who the current bearer is?

Personal Pool: 26 (+7 committed)

Skybound Fencer
2010-12-03, 01:40 AM
And when Masakenshi heard the Sidereal, he started thinking extremely quickly. Killed 3 of their own, then? And they were...going to change the way Creation ran? There could be no mistaking, then - the groups of Dragon-Blooded were planning to attack the feast soon - their very attitude betrayed them. And the Sidereals were also involved. This was...an extremely bad situation - they should stop them, but that action would be irationnal, for if they believed they could kill Solars, even as mere Dragon-Blooded, there had to be a reason. Some people might have panicked from the realization of this fact...

And yet, Masakenshi kept himself together.

He turned back towards the group and, in an instant, was back to being close to them. He rested a hand on the pommel of his sword, but his face was impassible, completely calm, with the same usual smile on his lips.

"Let us find a private place to discuss matters," he whispered slowly, "Post haste, if you would. Your office in Meru should do nicely."

horngeek
2010-12-03, 02:00 AM
"The... Sidereals?

...do you have any idea whether this was unanimous among them or not? I have... contacts in the Lute either way that I may be able to contact."

Meidani almost seems frantic to find this out. Not obvious- but a tightening of her jaw, and the hurried way she spoke.

Ganurath
2010-12-03, 02:20 AM
"Vigil's Keep is outside Fate, and without Dragon-Bloods." Vigilance hadn't known about Sidereal involvement before; she had only wanted to return home due to the utter lack of Dragon-Bloods. If the Sidereals were involved as well, her island was all the greater a bastion from which to ride out the storm. "Plus, we'd still respire fully during Calibration. Prep at the office, or go straight there?"

Skybound Fencer
2010-12-03, 02:35 AM
The Night Caste looked at Undying Vigilance, and thought about her offer for a little while.

"The problem is," he answered slowly and quietly, "that, while being outside of Fate is a very useful advantage to have, we will likely need a place close to here to see how the situation develops - and to act accordingly quickly. That is why I believe the office in Meru might be the best choice. How long would it take us to get to your island? We might need a place to fall back on later."

Tackyhillbillu
2010-12-03, 02:35 AM
Rage

Rage sighed, seriously considering summoning her hammer and just going to town on the Dragonblooded. Talk talk talk. This was why Rage usually didn't go with Vi to visit other Solars. They just seemed to talk. Rage preferred things simple.

"Vi, if I'm not going to get to play with anyone, I wanna go home. This is boring!"

The little girl stomped her foot. She held back, not wanting to crack the ground. Vi got annoyed when things like that happened. She still missed her armor.

"Borinnnnnnng!"

Ganurath
2010-12-03, 02:54 AM
"It's a little under a thousand miles as the raiton flies, and Rage makes a good point." The Dawn gives her Bondmate a grin and a wink from her lensed eye. Rage may not have meant to make the observation, but it provided an effective enough segue. "Unless we want to engage... Them, we shouldn't be sticking around. Especially since they'd know who to go after next judging by who's missing from the seating arrangement."

horngeek
2010-12-03, 05:09 AM
"Due to the fact that they will know who to go after, might I advise a location which isn't easily identified with any of us? And, if possible, outside Fate.

I still wish to know if this is supported by all of the Vizers or not. Did you hear anything indicating that? Because if it is not, I may be able to find out what is going on."

Evil DM Mark3
2010-12-03, 08:40 AM
"I have in place certain, considerations, for occasions when my life has come under threat. You are all aware I assume of my formal relations with The Judges? My office has the required devices of summoning prepared and this is most certianly a breach of Divine Law. By alerting Heaven to the crime in progress we may avert it. But afterwards, my agents know of a great many hiding places in creation that have been used by criminals that would suit us exactly."

Green Bean
2010-12-03, 08:42 AM
"It was not unanimous. However, the conspirators appear to have killed the dissenters." There was almost a tinge of respect in Hareth's voice. "It would be foolish to turn our heads from this. Five squads of Dragonblooded and a few Sidereals against two hundred and ninety one Solars? They must have something else planned, and I want to see what that is."

WhiteKnight777
2010-12-03, 09:16 AM
Vanguard

While the others discussed, The Vanguard watched, waited, observed. "Where we go is immaterial right now." He said again in his oddly choral tones. "They plan to ambush the deliberative and therein lies their advantage. Whether or not I agree with all that our fellows have done - we owe it to them to try and stop this. We are brethren."

DrakeRaids
2010-12-03, 12:02 PM
The Sidereals?

Killing them? The Lawbringers?

Terran was quiet for a long time as this sunk in, as his mind began wrapping itself around possible reasons, and possible ways such a thing could be done. It was surprisingly difficult at the start, the Sidereals where is advisors, his friends. For a moment he feared for his Sifu as well. Had Akali survived? And if she had, why had she chosen not to contact him? Wheels within wheels where turning faster then he could follow, and only one things was clear, they where running out of time.

"Fighting them here and now is foolhardy, they have prepared this to be a killing ground, running straight into their trap cannot end well for us. Allow me to take you to my ship, it will require only a few seconds, after which you can escape and I'll warn the Deliberative, then follow you. They all know me, they'll listen to my warning. More to the point..."

Terran glanced around and quietly seemed to pull... Nothingness out of his cloak, a band of emptiness, some kind of strange glitch that was warping reality around it, before he closed his fist around it once more, and it was gone.

"A little something I picked up, I had planned on using it to play a trick on an old friend... but it seems to have a more practical use for now. For the moment I remain outside fate, and have been for the past few months, whatever plan the sidereals have woven here... I am not a part of it. I believe I have a reasonable chance of escaping whatever death they have planned for us here."

Ganurath
2010-12-03, 12:37 PM
"Lead the way to your ship, then." Vigilance glances down at Rage, already anticipating her reaction. On one hand, the Lunar was always eager for a fight. On the other, she was very protective of Vigilance and would want to see her safe. "Just be sure to have an exit strategy. Vigil's Keep?"

Skybound Fencer
2010-12-03, 02:16 PM
Masakenshi listened to the various arguments around, and had to take a moment to think about them all. He raised his hand to his face and lightly grabbed his chin, his gaze cast in front of him, unblinking.

"Lady Undying Vigilance and..." he began, and then paused for a split second, "... and her Lunar companion, are both right. Time is of the essence now. Furthermore, we should not, in fact, stay here and engage them. As Lord Terran said, it fool be a foolish thing for us to do, because we do not have the tactical advantage. And there is the matter of that mysterious voice and the feeling of clarity...no, clearly, I believe we should flee - but I also agree that someone should gather intelligence on their plan."

Well, there was another reason he did not want to "help his brethren", as the strange, flowing man had put it; of course, he did not want anything to do with the jailors of his heart - and, even though he would never admit it pubicly, the idea of them getting their just desserts was an happy one for the Elder Solar. He bowed before Terran and added :

"For my part, I shall accept your generous offer gladly, Sunset King. Though I would like to stay here to see what it is that makes the Sidereals so confident, fleeing is more prudent, as you said."

His voice was perfectly calm as he spoke - and maybe even a touch bored. There was no reason to get excited, even though the situation was bad.

DrakeRaids
2010-12-04, 04:40 PM
Terran glanced around, picking the first wave of solars to take out. He could only take three the first time, he needed his aid to pilot the ship, and he had to transport himself as well. Meidani, Masakenshi, and Tarngala seemed the wisest to remove as quickly as possible, should battle be joined he knew for a fact Rage, Vigilance, Vanguard, and Hareth could handle themselves.

"Please bear with me, this may be a bit disconcerting at first."

He pulled on sleeve back revealing the wondrous magitech bracer he bore, as a small panel made of pure essence tinkled above his arm. Then, Terran made a few minute adjustments, and the selected party simple ceased to exist.

They appeared in a elegant, but not gaudy hold of his manta, obviously no mere troop carrier, but not gaudy to the point of overindulgence.

"Si, start the warm up procedure and get this bird off the ground, now if my fellow chosen would excuse me I'll bring the rest."

Quickly, Terran began making another set of adjustments with his bracer as he attempted to teleport back to his original location and secure the rest of the group.

Myllinnia
2010-12-05, 12:55 AM
As soon as Terran, Meidani, Masakenshi, and Tarngala vanished Rage, Vigilance, Vanguard, and Hareth notice a violet shimmering light race across the sky over you. No sooner is this done than does an explosion rips through the windows of the Banquet Hall. This sends the Dragonblooded racing towards the building. To your dismay there are hints of at least three other groups entering the back windows of the hall.

"Well well what is this, a group of Solars and their pet Lunars looking to escape." From the shadows behind the group two men and a woman enters the small park, each of them are dressed in the garb that the Sidereals earlier had worn, on their shoulders are bronze colored bands of silk. The woman holds no weapon but instead a pulsing black metal orb. One of the men raises a hand and at least 20 Dragonblooded with those strange spears and jade swords come in behind them, their eyes faintly gleaming in the night of Calibration. "You have been found guilty of Divine Law, the sentence is death, do any of you have any final words," the woman says arrogantly.

On the ship Si begins to start up the ship, the engines start to hum and power flows. Terran however finds that he cannot teleport back to his original location. The bracelet buzzes a moment before growing dim. Terran finds that he is still on his ship. Then without warning the ship itself falls dark and silent.

Ganurath
2010-12-05, 01:44 AM
"I'd ask for an explanation of the crime, but I imagine that you're too far in to relent if you've killed your fellows in preperation and thus cannot be persuaded against undiscriminate violence. So, I have but two words to say:" Vigilance looked at the Sidereals through the crystal lense over her eye, letting her see clearly through any tricks they may be trying to hide. He formal attire roiled and shifted, and an ebon tabard bearing her caste mark flowed over her armor. Despite the word being addressed to Rage, she kept her eyes on the hostiles. "Kitty time."

Green Bean
2010-12-05, 01:23 PM
Hareth froze in place as the apparent Sidereals materialized. While he was concealed behind a layered shroud of essence, he was not foolish enough to believe that this would last forever. With breathtaking swiftness, his arm is up in front of him, glowing with golden light, and abruptly he is holding a bow carved from the very essence of perfection. The dazzling flash of essence dispelled his Charm-enhanced Stealth, but it was too late; six deadly golden bolts of Solar power were already in the air, launched in the space of a heartbeat. They almost seem to curve in the air, locked onto the arrogant woman. "No words for traitors."

Assuming that his stealth is still active, going to go for a surprise attack. Since the stealth roll for surprise is rolled before Join Battle, I think that means it's automatically successful thanks to Invisible Statue Spirit. If this isn't the case, I'll roll Stealth anyway, and since he's stationary, his armor's cloaking means there's an additional Difficulty 8 check to see him.

If/When surprise is established, activating Immaculate Golden Bow reflexively and flurrying 6 attacks with broadhead Phantom Arrow on the orb-lady. Speed 3, thanks to Gem of Perfect Mobility.

Personal Pool: 21 (+7 committed)
Willpower: 9/10

Join Battle: [roll0]
Stealth: [roll1] (+1 to opponent's difficulty)
Attack 1: [roll2]
Attack 2: [roll3]
Attack 3: [roll4]
Attack 4: [roll5]
Attack 5: [roll6]
Attack 6: [roll7]

Attacks do 38L + extra successes.

Current Dodge DV: 11

Skybound Fencer
2010-12-05, 01:59 PM
Masakenshi stood, completely silent and motionless as he was transported to the ship. He did not bother to look around, for he knew that he would see nothing of major importance. Though, they would soon be flying once again... the Elder Solar preferred to fly of his own accord, through his own power, but he loved the feeling of freedom that it provided him too much to really care. And he could certainly use something to take his mind off things at that moment...

...But then, the ship fell dark and silent. The Night Caste reacted almost immediatly - using very slow, calculated gestures, he drew his Daiklave, the sword glittering in the dark and making a soft sound- and suddenly, trails of gold sparkled around it, and Masakenshi's Caste Mark faintly appeared upon his brow.

Calmly, the warrior then assumed a more defensive stance, his knees bent and his hand firmly holding onto the pommel of his sword; and even though his body was barely moving, his eyes flickered around, expecting an attack, a threat, to manifest itself at any moment.

Spending 3 motes to use PROTECTION OF CELESTIAL BLISS, preparing 1 instance of Heavenly Guardian Defense. This puts my anima in the 1-3 range.

Personal: 31/34 (0 Committed)
Peripheral: 69/81 (12 Committed (3 for HGD))

DrakeRaids
2010-12-05, 05:12 PM
"Damnit."

Terran stood there, awkwardly for a moment as he realized with a dull certainty something had just gone terribly wrong. They where out of time. At least he had picked who to teleport based on this eventuality, perhaps they would find a way out of this after all. They had to move quickly, but not rashly, there was little time left. If anything was to be salvaged here, they would have to be the ones to do it.

"Vi, Wind Carried words to Vigilance, inform her that our teleportation device has malfunctioned. We will attempt to hold the hanger until she arrive, but they need to get here quickly."

As he spoke he plucked a long ribbon of paper out from his shimmering pockets, a plan inscription written in black ink that danced lightly across the surface. Terran focused upon the words, and after another moment the paper flickered, and lifted into the air of its own accord, floating around him in a lazy orbit.

"Tarngala, you have some skill at the occult? See if you can discern what the hell is going on with my ship, help him if you can Vi." His form shifted slightly as he walked, similar, but more focused, more direct and winding at the same time, a strange paradox. An even ore acute observer would notice his feet where no longer touching the ground, and trailing a faint cloud of essence. "Perhaps you can dispel some of this magic. I'm going to check whats happening outside the ship, there is a door at the rear of the ship for you, but please wait for me to clear you before you come running out."

And with that, he took another step, that landed him ontop of the ship rather then inside it, quietly surveying the hanger and looking for any sign of the traitorous Dragon Blooded or Sidereals.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-12-05, 10:53 PM
Rage

Rage just grinned at the Sidereals and their Dragonblooded cohorts. But Vi was going to want to talk to them, and Rage got in trouble for interrupting. However, at the words 'Kitty Time' her smile turned positively vicious.

"Yay!"

She stepped forward, the Kitten stepping out of her hood, as a transformation rippled over both their forms. A silver light encased Rage, something that would be familiar to the Sidereals and their Dragonblooded companions. However, the Kittens changes would not. With every step, the creature got larger, the features of the White Kitten dropping away to reveal the hideous, Wyld Forged Creature beneath. For her part, when the light died, the Vaguely Angelic little girl was gone, replaced by a massive, hulking form, a cross between a bear and a human. Completely encased in Moonsilver, and carrying a Moonsilver Goremaul that was larger then a Yeddim, she smiled. Behind her, a Massive Bear, its Flanks Silver with Luna's touch roared its defiance at the chosen of the Dragons and the Stars. This one would face the.

"Time to play, Kitty!"

With that, both of them rushed forward.

Join Battle for both of the two of them

[roll0] Rage
[roll1] KITTY!

Rage goes DBT (3m) (with Lightning Change Style (3m), and Summons her Goremaul and Armor from Elsewhere.

(Gift Charms: Bruise Relief Method 2m, Healing The Scarlet Flow 2m, Armor Forming Technique 7m +21B/21L/7A Soak, Hide Toughening Essence 7m 14B/14L Soak, Yeddim Herd Fortitude 1m)

Defenses
Dodge DV 16
Parry DV 11

Health
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
-X [ ]

Essence
Permanent: ●●●●● ●●
Personal: 27/27 (X Committed)
Peripheral: 14/68 (29 Committed) (22 Committed additionally, 2 Spent, Anima Banner Flaring)

WhiteKnight777
2010-12-05, 11:56 PM
Vanguard

The Vanguard turned and gave a bone-chilling smile to the woman. He spoke only one word, and his tone was low and predatory - the growl of a predator-king of primeval nightmare. It was the rasp of claws on stone, the soft, inevitable footstep in the dark, every terror of the night in every dark dream of pursuit.

"Run."

His body began to twist and change, becoming something else - it was a form he had stolen long ago, in the War - a lost soul of Isidoros. The Ebon Thunder King, hero of a thousand terrifying legends, a god-monster wrought of black crystal whose semitransparent skin glimmered from beneath with the disturbing incandescence of purple-black lightning. Here and there bits of silver flickered as his Luna-blessed strength reshaped the stolen form to his own purposes, making only more fearsome than its original bearer had been.

Join Battle [roll0]

I'll fill in the rest of this ASAP. Need to finish the form writeup first.

Myllinnia
2010-12-06, 12:19 AM
On top of the ship Terran finds the night has engulfed all of Meru however he can see a fire burning in the distance and an explosion ripping through the upper Ring. There are no sign of any Sidereal or Dragonblooded out here. The other ships are just as silent. Save one. A small ship is getting underway, smoke and fire billowing from its engine section. Apparently someone is having troubles on their own ship.

In the Park Vigilance recieves a whispered on the wind message, telling her that Terran is unable to teleport back and that you and the others should make your way to the Docks in the upper Ring. Its likely from one of Terran's dragonblooded allies.

No sooner do the lunars shift into their terrible forms does an explosion rip apart a building near the banquet hall. A Solar woman with wings curses angrily as she sends a bolt of Solar essence from an Essence Pulse Cannon.

The sidereal woman giggles and points her a finger imperiously at the Vigilance and team, "Destroy them."

The various dragonblooded howl and charge spears and swords lowered to take on the 'Corrupt' Celestials.

DB Squad North (5 DBs) [roll0]
DB Squad South (5 DBs) [roll1]
DB Squad East (5 DBs) [roll2]
DB Squad West (5 DBs) [roll3]
Sidereal Endings (Woman) [roll4]
Sidereal Secrets (Man) [roll5]
Sidereal Battles (Man 2) [roll6]

Ganurath
2010-12-06, 12:29 AM
A flash of light from the Banquet Hall, still constrained within the windows, and Vigilance is in motion. One arms shifts to remove itself from a strap inside the Solar's circular shield. The sound of the explosion, not yet arriving at the tree, shatters the windows as the disc slides off the off-hand shoulder into place. Pillars crack, and the free hand grips black leather wrapped around a daiklave's grip. The sound of the blast itself is met by the singing of orichalcum as blade departs from sheath. As the Banquet Hall bursts, the eight point mark of the Dawn burns radiant on the forehead of the Queen of Vigil's Keep. Less than half a second, and the fate of so many murderers was sealed.

Spending 5m on the Second Awareness Excellency. Rolling specialty seperate, in case such grossly superior numbers and a dinner ambush can be considered dishonorable tactics.

[roll0] +5 sux
[roll1]

Myllinnia
2010-12-06, 01:34 AM
The two Sidereal men turn just in time to see 6 golden bolts fly from the shadows cutting and biting into the slightly surprised Sidereal. Her scream is cut short as she falls to the ground gaping holes burned into her body by Hareth's volley of arrows.

The other two look sharply then at the others as they fall into unfamiliar Martial Arts stances.

Okay

Battles has DDV of 15 Soak of 18L
Secrets has a DDV of 16 and a Soak of 14L

The DBs all have DDV of 8 Soak of 16L Hardness of 12

Ganurath
2010-12-06, 02:11 AM
For a single instant, the eyes of the Dawn Caste shut. In her mind, she visualized how she would open the battle true.

Viglance was already positioned to the southeast of the group, and took a single step toward the eastern chargers. She swung her daiklave in a wide arc in front of them, the sheer size of the blade intercepting their entire charge as she swung to cleave them all in a single swing. The nearest was inside her guard, and thus would only get a wrist jammed into his chin before the momentum of the swing slide him toward the blade in a decapitating gesture.

As her heart was just beginning to beat, the momentum carried the Bronze Tiger toward the southern group. The rearmost pair of Dragon-Bloods would be forced to face the same thrust as Vigilance lunged in, moving to take her place at the rear of the southern group. Her backswing would meet the necks of the remaining Dragon-Bloods in the group as she stepped, her blade held across her chest as the Sidereals were placed within her deadly range at the climax of her heartbeat.

These two... They would not get off so lightly. First, each would see her sword sticking out of their chest. Then, they'd feel intense pain in their shoulders and hips as she swung to sever limbs. Finally, while their torsos still lingered in the air, decapitating strikes before they could scream their pain. A small mercy, but the best such traitors could ask for.

Vigilance opened her eyes, and actualized.

1m for the Second Excellency on each of these 22 attacks, so as to prevent botches. Storing the ten attacks from the north and west groups and dividing them among the Sidereals with Shrike Saving Discretion. With 12L+sux, the minimum single success to hit ensures I'll always beat the DB Hardness.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]
[roll21]

DrakeRaids
2010-12-06, 05:49 PM
Growling in frustration Terran quickly warped back into the hold, not wasting a moment. That ship needed help. Running up to the cockpit he pulled both hearthstones out of the ship, and in their place dropped a single Photoshinmac Vortex, before turning to the control panel. That other ship needed help, and while he wasn’t sure what was going on, anyone under attack at a time like this was a potential ally.

“Si, man one of the fire lances, I’ve got it from here. Let’s see if we can get Wing in the air…”

horngeek
2010-12-06, 06:26 PM
Meidani looks at Terran as he passes. "I'll make contact with some people, see if we still have allies in the Bureau."

With that, she pulls out a Prayer Transceiver Module, and sticks it to the nearest wall, before uttering a short, ritualistic prayer...

Right. Rolling a prayer roll, Charisma+Performance. Difficulty 3. 10 motes spent.

[roll0]

DrakeRaids
2010-12-06, 06:35 PM
Terran glanced over Meidani, as a brief flicker of indecision. There had to be some friendly sidereals left, there had to be. Maybe even his sifu had survived this horrible mistake. He could only hope, Sorrows End had been like a brother to him... The Chosen of Endings had saved his life more then once, and had been as close an ally as Monkey.

"Please, see if you can find out what happened to a Chosen by the name of Sorrows End. ...I just need to know."

Myllinnia
2010-12-06, 07:24 PM
Vigilances attack is swift and quick and certain to slay anyone. The Dragons are not dismayed or swayed they stand their ground against those greater than they. Vigilances attacks would find them and yet as her blades cuts through the five DBs, her first strike slices into mere air, fire came for second ground each Dragonblooded form swirling and becoming intangible. Vigilance's dismay comes to peak as the Sidereal pair both disappear with looks of horror on thier faces. And suddenly its thought they were never there.

What has happened? Avoidance Kata (They were never there... or 2 WP per Sidereal to Resist the illusion of it and remember the Sidereal) and various Unassailable Body of (Element) defense

Meidani transciever works as intended, immediately the goddess that deals with it tells her that there are at least 3 messages for her.

No sooner does she get that does the ship itself start up with a hum, and bright lights. The engines whine and hum as they come to full power once again. Si nods to Terran goes to man the weapon.

horngeek
2010-12-06, 07:26 PM
"Play them for me, please."

Ganurath
2010-12-06, 07:44 PM
Vigilance turned, the surviving Sidereals flushing from her mind as she redirects her focus on the southern group of Dragon-Bloods. She drops into a low stance, holding her shield out enough that they couldn't build up momentum for a charge. She holds her sword overhead, the tip pointed at the nearest Terrestrial. "Traitors are scattered before me. What of their pawns?"

Spend 5m Personal and 1wp on Fivefold Bulwark Stance. Speed 6, full DV thanks to the Charm's effects, and ready to intercept any attack.

Skybound Fencer
2010-12-07, 01:55 AM
Masakenshi looked at the burning airship. Apparently, they weren't the only ones in trouble... however, the Elder Solar hardly saw his this concerned them - it was an unnecessary detour and, in the worst case, it might even be a trap. However, he wasn't the one piloting the ship, and did not have his word to say in the matter. He sighed inwardly, and then approached the edge of the ship.

The Night Caste then blinked, and, when he opened his eyes, the word appeared clearly around him; he could make out even the finest details of the ships around him, and even objects that he normally wouldn't spot suddenly appeared before his mighty and unblinking gaze. And so, he turned his eyes towards the burning ship, trying to gauge the distance between it and Terran's ship, and attempting to tell what had happened there, and if people still roamed on it.

Using UNSURPASSED SIGHT DISCIPLINE to give me twice the successes on the next roll. 2m, from Personal.
Charms up : Unsurpassed Sight Discipline, Easily Overlooked Presence Method
Personal: 29/34 (0 Committed)

Gauge Distance + Who's There (Perception + Awareness) : [roll0] (x2 successes)

DrakeRaids
2010-12-07, 11:23 AM
"Alright, here we go!"

Terrans eyes gleamed with a fierce light as he pulled the ship out of the dock in one smooth motion. It felt good to be flying again. While the situation could have been better, he hadn't felt like this in ages. He didn't dwell on it long though, people needed their help.

"Masi! Pop open the side hatch, I'm going to move along side the other ship and take them aboard. Si, tell Vigilance that we got the ship running, we'll come to them."

He called back as he twisted the controls gentle, sending the the artfully designed craft into a smooth bank, and bringing them directly next to the damaged airship.

Evil DM Mark3
2010-12-09, 04:44 AM
[Sorry about the lack of posting, no interent for the past week and a recent job has made me have to revaluate my time, I have to drop out, sorry]

Myllinnia
2010-12-28, 07:14 PM
Vigilance and company:
The Dragonblooded that want to tear down the demons before them as the sense their enemy is much more stronger than they. Each falls into a defensive, watchful stance as each nod to each other amongst the various groups.

Masakenshi can see the ships get closer to each other. There is no sign of externally caused damage, rather the damaged sections look to have been blown out from the inside. He can even see Terran as he arrives at one of his vessel's exits and he waves over towards the ship. A few people from the vessel bloodied and injured poke their heads out of the damaged porthole on the vessel.

Vigilance recieves a whispered message. "We got the ship back online we will come to you."

---
Terran and Crew
On the ship Terran begins to gather people from the floundering and volatile ship. An explosion rocks the vessel and sends the damaged craft smashing into the side of Terrans' vessel sending a few people to scream as they fall. A few grab for their dear lives to torn pieces of metal in the side of their ship, and a whoosh of fire bursts from the opening closest to Terran though it does little but warm him.

A shout from inside the ship is drown out as Terran's ship groans as the other ship begins to once again pull away.

OOC: We will forgo combat ticks and let awesome combat cinematics happen instead. I have left the DBs open for devastation and perhaps conversion XD They will use their "PD" if it applies to any attacks.

DrakeRaids
2010-12-29, 02:24 PM
"DAMNIT!"

Terran practically screamed, as he jumped into thin air, warping through the currents snatching at the youngest people he saw falling or trapped aboard the exploding ship. The woman and children came first, he simply had no time to save them all. Every second he was warping back and forth, grabbing another person and warping back to his ship, desperate to pull any he could into safety.

Skybound Fencer
2010-12-29, 04:16 PM
The Elder Solar watched as Terran warped about and tried to save as many people as possible. He sighed. What a useless way to spend your energy - after all, they were probably only mortals, not really worth the trouble. However, and though Masakenshi loathed to admit it, he knew that he should save them, as well. For it was his duty as a Solar...the duty he had unwillingly inherited when he Exalted, so many years ago. He could not run away from it. At least, not yet. But one day, oh, one blessed day, yes, he would be.

But in the meantime, there was work to be done. The Night Caste blinked once, and he felt his body ripple with Essence, though the display of Essence was contained inside. He felt lighter, quicker - better. And then, he took a single step... and jumped into the air, landing onto the flaming ship, and then did as Terran did - gathered as many people as he possibly could, then jumped back on the ship with them in his arms, then back again.

Activating Unparalleled Acumen Meditation from Personal, 6m. Furthermore, it should be noted I cannot yet regain the motes from USD, EOP and UAM because they are commited until the scene ends.

Charms up : Unsurpassed Sight Discipline, Easily Overlooked Presence Method, Unparalleled Acumen Meditation

Personal: 23/34 (11 Committed)

Tackyhillbillu
2010-12-29, 08:15 PM
Rage

Rage looked at Vigilance, angry that the Solar had taken all the fun for herself. Rage didn't have anything left, except the Dragonblooded. And they were fragile!

"BOOOOO!"

Rage sighed, and turned to the Dragonblooded, sighing.

"Shoo. Or I'm going to get angry."

Rage smiled at the assembled Dragonblooded, her shape blurring again. However, instead of just gently assuming another shape, began to swell. Her form became massive, swelling in size. Her allies were forced to step aside as she continued to grow, a single paw dwarfing the Solars and Lunars in her shadow. When she was finished, a massive Polar bear stood before them, staring down at the particular, suddenly very small Dragonblooded, and let off a massive roar.

Wonder if they will be able to figure out if they would like me when I am angry.

1m, 1wp. She is now the size of a 2,500 man unit, and very angry.

Myllinnia
2010-12-29, 08:31 PM
"The Messages are all from Bi Lai and are thus:" the goddess says and begins to read them. "Meidani, there is trouble brewing in the Forbidden Manse of Ivy. There is talk of a great big get together of the Sidereal. We've not do this... since... well the Primordial War. Anyway I'll keep you posted. Take Care.

"Meidani, I have something I must tell you, but not over this medium. I will send another message, via a different means after Calibration. I know how those Calibration feasts of Salina's are. You just be careful... and trust... no one of the Five Score Fellowship.

"The last message I am sorry to say Chosen Meidani is warped. I am attempting to reconstruct it now. I am sorry that I did not catch it sooner."

----
The Dragonblooded blanch as the Lunar grows too large for them to even harm. It doesn't take long, perhaps a few moments before they bolt for the avenues of Meru.

---
The rescue goes as well as a Solar at all his effort can be. But before long another explosion rips through the other ship and the fire inside becomes intense, anyone deeper in the ship is likely dead and those that could not be caught between the two Solars will have found the ground a tough landing to be sure. Still as the two groups word hard, an I AM message sweeps through the two groups.

"Unsafe Essence levels growing along the Manses of Meru Lines. A catastrophic Explosion is imminent."

horngeek
2010-12-30, 04:55 AM
Meidani

"No, it's all right. Thank you for holding these for me. Can you please work on that last one? And tell her I received the messages."

She frowns. Those messages told me a lot... whatever this is, it originated with the Chosen of Jupiter, or they are the ringleaders. No wonder the Solar Deliberative heard nothing of this.

DrakeRaids
2010-12-30, 04:09 PM
"DAMNIT!"

Terran cursed as he heard the message, his day was just getting worse, and worse, and worse. They needed to get out of here, and they needed to get out now. Picking up their remaining allies was their first and most important job though, they couldn't leave them. Warping back into the cockpit without missing a step he tapped Si on the shoulder, and gave her a halfhearted smile, "Good flying, try and take care anyone we picked up that might be hurt, I'll take it from here." he said, moving over to the controls.

He could see Rage from here, like a small mountain, unfortunately that meant everyone else could see her as well, that small group of exalts was likely about to get swamped by soldiers, and not even Rage could hold out forever. Grunting, he started the ship moving again, hoping he would reach them before it was to late.

horngeek
2010-12-30, 04:10 PM
Meidani heads up towards the cockpit, hoping to tell her fellow Solars what she learnt.

Skybound Fencer
2010-12-30, 04:38 PM
In the meanwhile, Masakenshi stayed with the people they had managed to rescue, trusting Terran to fly the ship. He had heard the message as well - but even though things had never looked as bad as this, the Night Caste did not panic. He saw no reason to do so, for they were not surrounded by enemies yet, and there was still a decent chance they might escape. And then, they would have time to talk. About the...clarity, in their head, about the betrayal, and about the mysterious voice. Yes, surely a lot of talking would need to be done in the near future.

But in the meanwhile, he had questions to ask. Making a note to contact his unit and organization as soon as possible, he turned towards one of the adult victims, and glared at him with his cold eyes.

"What happened?" he simply asked.

There was no warmth in his voice, either, for he wanted answers, quickly, and cared nothing for their condition. But the Night Caste had to know what had happened to that ship - and, if he could, why. There was a decent chance an investigation could bring useful information to him.

Green Bean
2011-01-05, 01:15 PM
Hareth paused as the Dragonblooded ran away. He almost fired a few bolts of essence at their retreating backs, but decided against it. They were pawns, nothing more. The Night Caste once again faded into invisibility as his concealing magics reasserted themselves.

As I AM's message echoed through the city, Hareth cocked his head to the side. "The timing of this seems quite convenient. I suggest we leave."