PDA

View Full Version : Deconstructing the Warforged (Help Required)

Dencero
2010-11-29, 09:52 PM
Okay, so I'm going to be starting up a campaign where the players will be playing as Warforged in a Fantasy/Sci-Fi setting. I'm planning on allowing the players to build the warforged however they wish. First thing I plan on doing is to give them +2 to two attributes of their choice and -2 to two attributes of their choice. They'll either choose from the list I provide them with or create their own, which I'll design for them on the spot. What I really need is ideas. Below are some of the categories I've come up with along with some of the modifications. If you can help expand the categories and add to it, I'd be extremely grateful. It's a smash up of Fantasy and Science Fiction, so keep that in mind.

Skeleton:
-Light: Small Size
-Medium: Medium Size
-Heavy: Large Size
Power Supply:
-Arcane Energy
-Steam Powered
-Fusion
-Thermal
-Diesel
-Positive Energy
-Negative Energy
-Solar
-Electrical
Casing:
-Composite Plating
-Iron
-Steel
-Mithril
-Adamantine
-Silver
-Cold Iron
-Titanium
-Plastic
CPU:
-Combat Processor
-Magic Processor
-PsiCPU
Hard Drive:
-???
Sensors:
Class 1 Sensors: Analog Video Camera and Basic Audio Sensor

I'm working on accessories right now, from basics like additional arms and legs, to internal repair units and weapon mounts. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

And yes, I know it seems complicated, but my players are very much in favor of this and I actually re-thought of dumbing it down, but went against it. I'm actually having fun with this. So are my players. One wants to have six legs and be nuclear powered, so this is definitely gonna be interesting.

Twin Dragons
2010-11-29, 10:02 PM
I think the Ironborn of Questhaven (http://paizo.com/store/byCompany/r/ritePublishing/pathfinderRPG/racesClasses/v5748btpy8bmd) would be right up your alley and would save you from a bunch of work.

Swish
2010-11-30, 12:30 PM
I would like to point out that thematically, Mithral is a magical version of Titanium. Titanium is substantially lighter than steel, and stronger to boot. The only mechanical difference I would see is that mithral counts as silver for the purposes of damage reduction (which i guess works if you use slam attacks on devils/lycanthropes) My suggestion, keep mithral, scrap titanium.

Jallorn
2010-11-30, 01:24 PM
Mithral doesn't count as silver...

Dencero
2010-11-30, 06:39 PM
Jalron is right Swish. Mithril doesn't overcome DR, but you do make a good point, but as you said, it's magical. I would like to offer mundane and magical choices. I'm cooking something up, don't know when I'll post it.