PDA

View Full Version : Frayed Edges (IC)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Mabuhay
2010-11-29, 09:58 PM
Background:
Your characters are all denizens of a small town in Eberron. While magic is commonplace and mainstream, your particular town is slightly removed from it, and fairly rustic. It is situated about a day's walk from the large city of Tergis, to the East. The people of your town have all been to the city many times, but prefer to live away from the urban jungle, hence their presence in your town.

In addition to the well worn path towards Tergis, once a week a large lightning rail car [like a magic train] comes by. It takes passengers for a small fee, but most villagers consider it too expensive to spare one day's travel.

Tergis is a large, sprawling city, with homes packed in with businesses and everything else, think San Fransisco, Tokyo, or the like. Your town, Derail, is much smaller, and more spread out. It is centered around a large, bent, metal frame, surrounded by scorched, scarred earth, near the train station. This is a spot where long ago, a large rail car crashed and was wrecked. An outpost to clean up the mess sprang up, and squatters moved in later. Their settlement became the town you all live in today.

Overall, it's a happy time. There is no great calamity, no evil overlord extending his iron fists across the continent, or massive famines.

Everyone is largely at peace, because the only threat to such a thing is a dark lord who was beaten back to some stronghold across the sea in a great war, about 12 years ago.
Due to the recent war, there are many warforged in various occupations, unsure what to do with themselves.

This is the background for the story. Please establish a rudimentary backstory, and then we will move on to the actual campaign.
Feel free to ask me any questions.

Mabuhay
2010-12-08, 12:56 AM
In the quiet of the morning, the sun rises over the small community of Derail. The early risers start to stir, and soon the hustle and bustle of the town has commenced; stores open up, and people head out to run their errands.

A murmur of anticipation is in the air, as the train will be arriving at Derail later today. This is always a busy day as family members arrive in town from far away, or mail arrives from outside the community. Typically everyone will gather for the arrival, a weekly occurrence.

As it is a Sunday, most workers have the day off, and people will be out and about, catching up with friends or doing shopping and errands.

You wake up in your various sleeping arrangements, and start your day.

(All is well. This is an initial post to kick off the story, but you may all do whatever you want [Sandbox Mode].
Feel free to do whatever, and when you're ready to progress into the story, head over to the train station and wait for it to arrive. Once all players are there it will arrive and the game will begin in earnest.

Sissyphus
2010-12-08, 01:44 AM
With a yawn and a stretch I rise from my bed, glancing around my room. It takes only a short few minutes for me to dress and then I'm off on patrol duty. At the slow leisurely pace of a longtime policeman I stroll down the main street, a hand hovering near my sword. the harsh jangle of the manacles hanging from my belt precedes me. "Morning Jake, Morning Irros...." I call, greeting the various vendors and asking if they have anything they'd like to report. Today is a grand day and I pay more attention than usual to the merchants hanging out along the street, occasionally stopping to look at the trinkets they have laid out.

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-08, 04:28 AM
I wake up a little earlier than I would like and try not to be envious that most people have the day whole day off. I open up the shop, setting out the glass trinkets to sparkle in the sun. Sundays always bring the most window shoppers. I watch the store in the morning while my dad runs errands, and if its not too busy I usually to go see the train arrive in the afternoon. I spin some of the hanging ornaments and wonder if anyone interesting will come in today.

greatest dude
2010-12-08, 11:26 AM
I wake up a sun up, as i normally do. The Blood Red sky, reminds me of the slaughter and the greatness, i was promised. i look down across the town and see the people beginning to wake up. I think to my self " Look at the weaklings never having had to fight against the biting cold. Never having to kill your neighbors for the barest things. They are all week, i wish i had the power to kill them all. O' Mighty and Blood thirsty Khorne, let this day be the one in witch i sing praises in your name as i write your rune form their blood" i prepare my hunting equipment, and set off to check my traps, and snares. so that i may find another deer and feel it's life drain from it as it dies. all so that i may live this pathetic existence one more day. One more day closer to the Slaughter i was promised.

Mabuhay
2010-12-08, 04:50 PM
Scott: Oy! Muat! You turn to see your friend Paul running to catch up with you. He was in the big city of Tergis on business, and evidentally just arrived back home. You stop to let him catch up, and when he does he says How have you been? Haven't seen you around for a while.
Catie: Your father arrives back in the shop, setting down the groceries and other things he was buying. You still in here? It's Sunday! Go out, meet some friends. He pats you softly on the shoulder. You can't waste your whole life in a shop like this... Have an adventure, or at least a good time.
__________________________________________________ _
Jarett: As you leave your home, everything goes black, and you collapse. When you awake, about 15 minutes have passed. You notice on the ground, a symbol of Khorne, written in blood, and a cut on your hand where the blood came from- appparantly you cut yourself while you were unconscious. You don't remember what happened since you collapse, but all you can think of is one word; "Train".

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-08, 08:55 PM
It does seem like a good day for an adventure. I check some of my friend's houses and pretty soon I find Flynn. She's younger than me, but a lot of fun. We wander around some of the shops, and spend a lot of time trying on fancy hats in one of the clothing stores. I find one with a huge feather-- it looks even more ridiculous because it sinks over half of my face and covers one eye. Eventually the shopkeeper realizes we aren't going to buy anything and chases us out.

The food stalls smell so good that we decide to spend a little of our money. Afterwards we run into Erik and Shen waiting at the train platform. Erik's cousin is coming to visit today, and Shen jokes that Erik thinks the train won't come if he doesn't wait by the platform. Erik laughs it off, but I can tell he's excited. I'm excited too, you never know what the train will bring.

greatest dude
2010-12-08, 09:19 PM
for the first time since entering this god-forsaken town, I smile. I quickly run home to pick my weapons, they long to feel flesh splitting, bones breaking and blood flowing under their edge. as i run out of the apartments that i have been living in the land lord, a elderly lady that would've died years ago back in the chosen lands, waves hi to me. i push her out of my way. She will be dead soon enough. As i walk down the street to my chosen destination, i see children playing in the streets, and people coming and going down the dirt road. I picture them all Dead. falling by my blade, their skulls and blood offerings to Khorne. Soon... Soon i whispered to my self. as i reached the Train i saw the Huge mass of people there. What an Offering!

Mabuhay
2010-12-08, 09:30 PM
Catie, Jarett: You two are now on hold until Scott finishes up whatever he wants to do. Just sit tight, keep checking the thread.

Sissyphus
2010-12-08, 10:19 PM
I continue my rounds, falling into easy step with Paul, "Not bad, how about you?" Our conversation carries on with the easy tone of two longtime friends. It takes perhaps a hour but eventually we meander down by the train station, lost in our conversation.

Mabuhay
2010-12-08, 10:40 PM
Upon arriving at the train station, he slaps you on the back.
It was good talking to you my friend, but I see the wife. I'll see you again soon.
With that, he heads through the crowd.

Soon, you all hear a whistle on the horizon--The train is here.
When it stops, the doors open. People coming off the train hurry off in every direction, seeking family, recipients of mail, or the like.
However, one man stands out from the others, slowly stepping onto the platform.
He is a large man, with a straight posture and a commanding demeanor.
His air of command makes it so that you all notice him, despite him not doing anything to really call attention to himself.
He wears nice clothes, showing him to either be of well standing or employed and well liked by somebody who is.

Another man who none of you have seen before, which is unusual in such a small town, walks up and shakes his hand. They quietly talk for a minute, and then the man from the train clears his throat, and yells out in a deep, booming voice. May I have your attention please!
Such a figure, with such a voice, immediately gets the attention he seeks. The hustle and bustle of the train station falls into silence as everybody turns to face the man.
My name is Sergeant Khalor, and I represent the Baron Alukahn. A gang of goblins which have been jumping passers by in the plains to the northeast have killed one of his messengers, and taken a very special ring of his. I have here three hundred gold pieces. With that, he lifts up a sizable bag, presumably full of money, amongst many murmurs in the crowd.

We are prepared to make whoever can return this ring to the Baron a very rich man indeed. It will be dangerous, and will most likely involve killing the goblins, but I imagine many of you are willing to risk life or limb for this much money. I will be at Grace's Inn in one hour to brief anybody who wishes to take on this mission.

He then walks through the crowd, off to the inn owned by a woman named Grace. [Catie and Scott, you would know her and be familiar with where her inn is.]

As he passed Aamon, he stops, and slowly looks him up and down.
With a slight smile on his face, he says I trust I'll be seeing you in an hour. And with that, walks off.

greatest dude
2010-12-08, 10:50 PM
I resist the urge to kill him here and now. I have realized that khorne's plan involes this man, and am disappointed that these cretins will live another day. but a slaughter i was promised and a slaughter i will get. Khorne cares not from were the blood flows. At least i will get some new goblin skin glove out of this. I head the Inn, with a feeling of cliche.

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-08, 11:07 PM
Three hundred gold pieces sounds nice, but I don't want to mess with goblins. I can't really think of too many people here who would, actually. Maybe some of the town guard. Either way, this sounds exciting. I head over to the inn to see who shows up.

Sissyphus
2010-12-08, 11:11 PM
I slide my hand down to the wire hilt of my longsword, Perhaps one final hurrah would settle my retirement nicely. With a quick pace I set off through the crowd towards the inn, pausing for only a moment to warn a pickpocket off.

Mabuhay
2010-12-08, 11:19 PM
>fast forward about 50 minutes

Char: Waiting by the door, you see only two people enter- A very large man, carrying an axe, who you've only ever seen selling meat, and never heard speak, and Muat, the old war vet who nearly singlehandedly serves as the town guard.
Go inside? Or do something else?

Muat: Entering, you see Char, a small halfling girl of the town.
Do you: Stop to talk or Continue inside

Aamon: You quietly enter the inn, The man and his retainer are sitting inside at a table, chatting with the innkeeper. He either does not acknowledge you, or does not notice as you come in. About ten minutes to go before the briefing. What will you do?

greatest dude
2010-12-08, 11:22 PM
I look around the inn. what do i see?

Sissyphus
2010-12-08, 11:24 PM
I wander inside, warily eying the place, sizing up all the regulars to see if anyone's had an early start with their drink; at the same time I observe the newcomers, ducking over to their table. "So what brings you here instead of Tergis? They have more people who are more professional after all." I comment, looking sergeant Khalor straight in the face.

Mabuhay
2010-12-08, 11:27 PM
The inn is fairly nondescript, with some round tables, but mysteriously empty.

There is nobody there except Grace and the two men who made the strange announcement, who are deep in conversation.

At Muat's interruption, Khalor looks up. I have a few more minutes. Wait until everybody is ready to hear the answer.

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-08, 11:29 PM
I decide to follow the two men inside to hear what the Sergent has to say.

greatest dude
2010-12-08, 11:34 PM
I go to the Halfling girl, and ask "So you have also come here to accept this request. Are you willing to kill, little one? you seem weak. can you handle seeing the life drain from a living being, knowing you killed it? I play with my throwing axe as i talk. relishing the death to come, by my hand.

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-08, 11:39 PM
I jump back, startled at being addressed by so large and frightening a figure. "I..I wasn't going to actually accept anything. I was just curious.

Mabuhay
2010-12-08, 11:42 PM
You walk in to see the Sergeant stand up. Excuse me please Grace.

He looks around and sees the three of you.
Well, this isn't a great turnout, but it's as good as could be expected. As I said before, the baron lost his ring when a messenger was killed by a gang of goblins.
He very much values this ring, and wants it back, but as this is territory controlled by another baron, his soldiers, including myself, cannot act here. Therefore, we will not be able to provide you with any equipment or help.
Now, I don't want to misrepresent the truth here. Getting this ring back will be very dangerous. There are at least 5, maybe more goblins, and they are cold-blooded killers. In addition, you will almost certainly have to kill all of them if you intend to get the ring.
Of course, should you succeed, you would only have to split the gold three ways, for 100 gold coins each. That would last you comfortably for a long long time out here in the sticks.

Suddenly, the other man speaks up. Sir, the curse.

Oh yes. I almost forgot to mention. This particular ring is cursed, so under no circumstances are any of you to put it on. In case one of the goblins is wearing it, after he has been incapacitated or killed, you should cast dispel curse on him, and you should be able to take it off of him without any trouble. To that end, we have prepared a spell for you.
Khalor pulls a rolled up scroll out of his pocket, and looks around the room. Upon seeing Muat, his expression flickers for a second. He then tosses the scroll to him, and says There you go. You look like you can handle this

Khalor sits back down. Anyway, that's about all you need to know. I'm going to assume that since you're all still here, you are all willing to work together and stick it out.

If you have any questions, I can handle them now. If not, go get ready, and when you're all back here and ready to go, my tracker Traven can get you all going in the right direction.

greatest dude
2010-12-08, 11:52 PM
Have you ever been to the North Lands? Or heard of the Blood God? I ask Khalor

Sissyphus
2010-12-08, 11:58 PM
I pocket the scroll, returning Khalors glance with a cool glance of my own, staring meaningfully at the sergeant, "Khalor, you still haven't answered why you're recruiting here in the "sticks" rather than in Tergis--which has a much more professional mercenary service. I may be experienced, but who else in this town would be? Did you plan to deprive the town of it's watch or get some youngsters killed? I ask, gesturing to the four small emblems on my armor. "Baring something unforeseen I'll help you deal with this problem however."

Mabuhay
2010-12-09, 12:12 AM
Again, I am not supposed to be here. We're working under the radar and not officially operating. Also, no mercenary service works such small jobs without exorbitant prices.

And yes, I have been to the Northlands. Can't say I cared for them much.

Sissyphus
2010-12-09, 12:23 AM
"Fine then, I'll meet you in ten minutes." I step out of the bar, taking a deep breath of fresh air which doesn't carry the lingering scent of booze and smoke, then I wander home, setting a quick pace. When I arrive i grab the backpack already waiting by the door for whenever the adventuring urge returned, luring me from here to somewhere else. I don the pack after removing a small handwritten note from it. With a jaunty step I head to Paul's house, "Paul, it's me, Muat, I'm going to be out of town for awhile, perhaps a long while so I'm promoting you to head of the town guard, okay?" Without waiting for a reply I slip the note under his door and walk away, returning to the inn.

greatest dude
2010-12-09, 12:29 AM
"Most don't. i accept this job. i will be back i need to collect my belongings" i say as i walk away. i go back to the apartment i live in, collect my belongings, and tell the landlord "i am leaving" i say as a walk by her traveling pack in hand. I go to the black smith's, the one man i respect in this town, the ability to forge weapons was rare in the north, and say "I need something to kill a goblin with

Mabuhay
2010-12-09, 12:51 AM
Jarett- You already have weapons, don't you?

greatest dude
2010-12-09, 12:53 AM
yes i do, just seeing if the black smith has any sugestions

Mabuhay
2010-12-09, 01:01 AM
The blacksmith has nothing to offer better than what you have now.

greatest dude
2010-12-09, 09:29 AM
then I'll go to the tracker

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-09, 09:12 PM
I leave the bar without speaking to anyone, thinking about how everyone had assumed I would go after the reward too. In a primarily human town most people don't even think I can carry anything heavy, much less fight goblins. I thought that I would always be underestimated because of my size, but maybe it doesn't have to be that way. If I can join Muat and the other man in retrieving the ring, I can earn respect for myself.

I head back towards my house to pack what I'll need and say goodbye to my dad.

Mabuhay
2010-12-09, 09:28 PM
Your dad seems worried, but accepts that you're seeking adventure.

Do you all return to the tracker now, having dealt with everything you need to?

greatest dude
2010-12-09, 09:45 PM
I quickly pray to khorne, that the blood will flow well in his name

but otherwise, yes i am at the tracker, I ask him to show where these goblins attacked last time.

Sissyphus
2010-12-09, 10:10 PM
Yup. (I return... Gitp requires 10 characters to accept a post)

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-10, 01:30 AM
Yes I return.

Mabuhay
2010-12-10, 01:36 AM
You all meet up with Traven, telling him you are ready to go.

Traven swiftly leads you northwest to the outskirts of the town, and soon you have reached the plains. He points off in the distance, towards a spire from a mountain. If you head off that way, you should hit a small dirt road in a couple of hours, depending on your pace. You can afford to stop to eat there, and then if you follow it you should find the goblins around nightfall. I guarantee they'll have a campfire, so they shouldn't be too hard to spot. Good luck you guys. And remember- the ring is cursed. Do not put it on, under any circumstances.

Once you have retrieved it, come back here- Me and the Sergeant will be staying with Grace, and once you swap the ring for the reward money we will bring it to the baron.

Sissyphus
2010-12-10, 01:45 AM
"Alright then, I guess we're off like the eclectic group of fools we are then." I fall into an easy marching pace (hustle, ~6 miles/hour) lost in thought. Idly I finger the phoenix insignia on my armor.

greatest dude
2010-12-10, 01:47 AM
I walk off to the spire not waiting for my "companions". as I walk I picture what it is like to kill a goblin.

hustlertwo
2010-12-10, 01:48 AM
Meanwhile, Struth still really wants out of that basement.

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-10, 01:50 AM
"Not much for conversation, is he?" I ask Muat, following him.

Mabuhay
2010-12-10, 01:52 AM
Dude, I told you that got closed down.
You're welcome to join this one if you want, but I didn't think to ask you. That was my bad. Sorry.

Sissyphus
2010-12-10, 01:56 AM
"Nope, though at least he hasn't stabbed anyone in town--I'd probably kill him arresting him, and that wouldn't be too fun."

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-10, 02:00 AM
"He wouldn't stab us, would he?" I look warily at Aamon.

Mabuhay
2010-12-10, 02:03 AM
As you talk, marching at your quick pace, the sun sinks low over the horizon, and it starts getting dark. You arrive at the dusty road you were told of and look down it to the north.
You see nothing in the dusk, but are sure this is the way you were told to go.

As it's getting late, will you all want to stop and eat, or keep going?

Also, the first person feels kind of awkward- do you guys want to switch to third person?
I'm fine either way as long as everyone is consistent.

Sissyphus
2010-12-10, 02:03 AM
"I shouldn't think so, certainly not without warning. A more important point, is once we find the goblins, how do we want to deal with them? If there are more than three just charging them would seem like suicide."

Mabuhay
2010-12-10, 02:05 AM
((You guys will just arrive at the road whenever you finish this conversation.))

Sissyphus
2010-12-10, 02:07 AM
I vote to keep going, the lack of food doesn't seem to phase me yet.

greatest dude
2010-12-10, 02:10 AM
i also vote that we keep going

greatest dude
2010-12-10, 02:13 AM
we will settle that road when we come to it. Khorne cares not from were the blood flows.

"So little one, you decided to feel death first hand after all, I thought you were weak like the rest the of the Blood sacks in town"

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-10, 02:13 AM
"It is not a weakness to show compassion," Char says to Aamon as boldly as she dares. Her expression changes "But yes, I did come here to fight, and probably kill."

Mabuhay
2010-12-10, 02:15 AM
You decide to march on, since you don't feel particularly hungry. Before too much longer, the sky has gone dark. It is a clear, moonlit night, so you don't have that much trouble getting around.
You see in the distance, now that there is not much other light, a fire flickering a little ways off the road. You approach quietly, and stop a good distance away.

The path has been going alongside a large, grassy field, with grass up to your heads. It obscures your view of the fire and anyone around or near it- all you can see is the light up in the air.
You may now act freely.

greatest dude
2010-12-10, 02:17 AM
"Compassion is for the weak, those with out the strength to kill, you think These goblins, have no family, or children!? Compassion Gets in the way." Aamon states boldly "Enough of this talk, can feel the Urge to worship now"

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-10, 02:22 AM
"Now's not really the time," Char tells Aamon. "We should try to use the cover to our advantage when we attack."

Sissyphus
2010-12-10, 02:23 AM
Muat whispers quietly "I don't know about either of you but I came because I was hired to do a job, not because I wanted to kill but because somebody is paying me to work fro them. Also I'd rather survive this particular job so I suggest quieting down until we're ready to attack. Now, I understand that you're something of a shot with your longbow Char, is that right?"

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-10, 02:24 AM
"That's right, but I don't know how I could get a good shot off through all this grass."

greatest dude
2010-12-10, 02:27 AM
If the little one was to sneak around while we Begin the slaughter, then she would be free to feel the kill

Sissyphus
2010-12-10, 02:35 AM
"Perhaps, but perhaps we should figure out who we're facing first. Wait just a moment please." Comes Muat's whispered reply. Muat slides down onto his hands and knees and crawls through the grass slowly, right up until he reaches the area around the fire, he then ever so slowly works the grass apart and peers through.

Mabuhay
2010-12-10, 02:55 AM
The fire rests in a small clearing. 5 goblins sit around the fire, with weapons and some loot strewn around the ground. They don't seem to notice you.

Sissyphus
2010-12-10, 10:05 AM
Muat slides away from the opening in the grass and makes his way back to Char and Aamon "Okay, there are five goblin in the clearing, they have weapons, so it's probably the ones we want. Now there are only three of us, so I suggest we do something like this-- Char, you'll work your way up to the camp slowly, and aim for one of the goblins--Me and Aamon will sneak around the sides of the camp and when you release your arrow we'll charge the goblins. Then, I suggest you drop your bow and join us with a blade, any objections? "

greatest dude
2010-12-10, 10:47 AM
yes, This plan will let the Goblins die quickly, and let there be no mercy. Blood will be spilled. Aamon says. Aamon then begins muttering a chant, under his breath. calling khorne's gaze to watch this battle and to have all kills dedicated to him.

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-11, 02:27 AM
"It sounds good, but I'll try to fire from cover as long as possible. I think I am skilled enough to fire into a fight without hitting one of you."

greatest dude
2010-12-11, 02:30 AM
Then be off little one, and remember the skulls are mine

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-11, 03:06 AM
Char slowly moves through the grass as quietly as she can until she is right up at the edge of it. She draws back an arrow and then uses her bow to brush aside the remaining strands of grass obstructing her view. She aims at the nearest goblin and fires.

I assume this is less than 30 feet away.

[roll0]

Mabuhay
2010-12-11, 06:22 PM
I need you guys to roll for damage as well as attacks in the same roll. Also, everybody roll for initiative.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
(These are for the goblins. You all need to roll. Catie, include a damage roll.)

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-11, 07:54 PM
Initiative: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

greatest dude
2010-12-11, 08:43 PM
Init: [roll0]

Sissyphus
2010-12-11, 09:28 PM
Initiative:
[roll0]

Mabuhay
2010-12-11, 10:38 PM
The arrow whizzes by a goblin, nearly missing him.
4 of them jump up and throw Javelins at Char. All 4 whiz by and clatter on the ground around her. They then pull out morning stars and light shields, and slowly advance.
The other seems slightly too stunned by the near miss to attack just yet.

All 3 of you, please act now.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-11, 10:47 PM
Again I fire at the nearest goblin.
[roll0]
damage: [roll1]

Sissyphus
2010-12-12, 01:24 AM
Muat charges the nearest goblin to him, having circled around to face the side, and brings his blade into play with a two handed slice.
[roll0]
[roll1]

greatest dude
2010-12-12, 02:09 AM
Aamon Throws a hatchet at the Goblin that narrowly adoidid Death, Screaming "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!!"
[roll0]
[roll1]

Mabuhay
2010-12-12, 02:38 AM
The fifth goblin makes to throw its javelin, but is stuck in the chest by an arrow from Char's blade. As it drops the javelin an axe knocks it to the ground, as it screams and collapses.

Muat swings his blade at a goblin, which blocks it with its shield.

Three of the four goblins still standing rush Char, and flail at her wildly with their morning stars. She manages to knock away the blows, and remains unhurt.
The final one turns and strikes Muat square in the chest (take 3 damage), and he falls to the ground groaning.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Mabuhay
2010-12-12, 02:45 AM
All players may now act.

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-12, 02:48 AM
Char retreats and fires an arrow at one of the goblins that had been previously surrounding her.
[roll0]
[roll1]

greatest dude
2010-12-12, 02:59 AM
Aamon Readies his Battle Axe and charges the closest goblin (one attacking Muat), Screaming BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!! All the while knowing that this is what he was sent to do, this is what he was made to do! Worship and kill!
[roll0]
[roll1]

Mabuhay
2010-12-12, 03:05 AM
With a vicious blow from his axe, Aamon cleaves the goblin in two. Blood spatters the ground as it falls.

Char launches in arrow, striking the middle goblin of the three in the chest. Unphazed, it hisses at her, and all three once again charge and attack, to no effect.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-12, 03:16 AM
Char's eyes widen in fear as her arrow has no effect on her opponent. She still manages to dodge her opponents, but barely remembers to retreat. Shaking, she fires at the same goblin, but poorly.
[roll0]
[roll1]

greatest dude
2010-12-12, 03:25 AM
Aamon with blood coating him, it's warmness nice against his skin, in the cool night air, looks at the goblins and issues a challenge "Come and Fight me you whorespawn! COME AND DIE! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!" (intimidate test)
[roll0]
[1d20+6(skill)+4(size difference)]

Sissyphus
2010-12-12, 11:50 AM
Cursing wildly Muat backs away from the fray and begins stripping his armor off to deal with the stab wound.

Mabuhay
2010-12-12, 04:47 PM
CHar's arrow strikes again in the chest of the goblin. With a grunt it falls to the ground.

Quaking in fear, the final two goblins turn tail and flee.
(Chase them down, or allow combat to end?)

greatest dude
2010-12-12, 05:35 PM
i don't know about you two, but Aamon is running them down. The slaughter doesn't stop now!

I'll act on my turn

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-12, 05:38 PM
Though unharmed, Char is horrified by the blood and the dead goblins. "I didn't know.." she whispers softly as she falls to her knees.

Sissyphus
2010-12-12, 05:49 PM
Rather grimly and still cursing Muat methodically slits the throats of any goblins who are still in tact, then begins rustling through what they left behind and sorting it into piles. He also checks the hands of all the goblins for the ring.

Mabuhay
2010-12-12, 06:09 PM
Aamon quickly runs down and hacks apart the two remaining goblins[SQUAD BROKEN] and then walks back to the campfire, his bloodlust sated for the time being.

Muat finishes off the two goblins by the fire.

He then gathers all the gear, collecting in total 5 morning stars, 5 javelins, and five light wooden shields.
He also gathers one chain mail shirt, and a masterwork short sword. These are bloody, and were probably taken from the messenger they killed. You don't find the ring on any of the three, however- it must be on one of the two that ran away.

[All players gain 250 EXP]

Sissyphus
2010-12-12, 06:23 PM
Muat picks up the short sword admiring it's craftsmanship, then checks to see if there are any identifying marks or crests along it. Following this he wanders off, searching for Aamon "Char, could you guard this for a moment? I need to find the ring bearing goblin."

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-12, 06:42 PM
Char manages to nod, but she's not likely to be much help.

greatest dude
2010-12-12, 06:47 PM
Aamon quickly strips the goblins of their equipment and clothes, and Uses his sacrificial knife to begin flaying the skin off the goblins, Muttering about how he needs new gloves.

Mabuhay
2010-12-12, 06:57 PM
Aamon horribly skins the goblin, leaving the skin in useless rags, and himself soaked in blood.

However, he does find the ring on the finger of the goblin he skinned. When he pulls on it, it will not come off.

greatest dude
2010-12-12, 07:22 PM
Aamon cuts off the hand, stuffs the skin and the hand in his pouch, Removes the Heads, carving the skull rune of Khorne of the forehead, then attaches them to his belt (i assume they have hair?) and heads back to the opening.

Sissyphus
2010-12-12, 07:35 PM
When Muat finds Aamon he barely even glances at the destruction wreaked upon the corpses, instead focusing on Aamon, "I see you've already searched their bodies, did you find the ring? I'd rather get this whole foul business of magic over with, and the sergeant's paying us for the Rakshasa-damned ring and I don't know about you but I'd prefer to collect my money."

greatest dude
2010-12-12, 07:57 PM
"Yes, I have it right here (holds up hand) I'm putting to use the whorespawns hand so the foul magic doesn't corrupt." Aamon says with a Smile at his own cleverness. He licks a fleck of blood off his cheek.

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-12, 08:34 PM
Char really doesn't want to be alone with the dead goblins anymore. She steps a little ways to the north of the clearing to try to get away from the stench.

Sissyphus
2010-12-12, 08:37 PM
"Fine then, but we should return quickly. "

Mabuhay
2010-12-12, 08:37 PM
Aamon and Muat return to the clearing, only to find that Char has wandered off.

greatest dude
2010-12-12, 08:49 PM
Were is the Little one?You should go search, I have work to do. Aamon says while staring at the Goblins killed by arrows. He licks the blood off his flaying knife and sits next to the closest untouched Goblin and begins his gruesome work.

Mabuhay
2010-12-12, 09:09 PM
You carve away the skin, and come away with two sizable pieces of skin.

[roll0]
[roll1]

greatest dude
2010-12-12, 09:30 PM
with the skin cut, Aamon puts it away on his belt, and begins collecting the dead bodies, removing their heads. He then carves the Rune of Khorne into each one, Then stacks all the heads into a lose pyramid. Aamon sits cross-legged and reaches into the pouch containing the Badly Flayed Flaps of Skin, holding them in hand he asks the sky "O' Mighty Khorne, I dedicate these kills to you. May you grant me the power to continue to kill in your name! Tell me were the slaughter leads next!" (after the quest) Then Aamon throws the scraps of skin at the dirt and glances to see what next.

Mabuhay
2010-12-12, 09:44 PM
the flaps of skin land in random disarray. Khorne does not seem to have anything to say.

greatest dude
2010-12-12, 09:48 PM
Aamon leaves his Grisly Offerings, and sits by the fire staring into the flames, wondering what to do with no plan from Khorne.

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-12, 09:50 PM
After Char walks a few steps away from the clearing, she suddenly becomes dizzy and disoriented. She looks around and realizes she can't tell which way she came from. She picks a direction and keeps walking.

greatest dude
2010-12-12, 10:02 PM
Aamon remembers Char, and wonders if Muat got her or not. he decides to go searching also. wondering what his purpose is after this mission.

Mabuhay
2010-12-12, 11:05 PM
Aamon quickly catches up to Char, who is wandering through the grass in a circle.

greatest dude
2010-12-12, 11:13 PM
"you no longer need to search, Little One I have found and Killed the rest of the Goblins" Aamon states proudly, with a sly smile on his face, at the Halfing's determination.

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-12, 11:20 PM
"The goblins... no, I don't think its them. There's something else out there. That way," she says, gesturing north.

greatest dude
2010-12-12, 11:24 PM
Then go, lead me to it Aamon says with excitement, could it be more to give to Khorne, if so then he would respond.

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-12, 11:38 PM
"Lets find Muat first." Char felt a little bad about walking off when she was supposed to be on guard duty.

greatest dude
2010-12-12, 11:40 PM
No, we have to get it before it runs away

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-12, 11:52 PM
"I really don't know if it's an "it", at least not in the way you're thinking. I just have this strange feeling about something off that way, and it hasn't changed or moved in the last half hour. We should find Muat, we might need him." Really Char just feels a little apprehensive about being left alone with Aamon.

greatest dude
2010-12-13, 12:05 AM
"Then lets find him. You Did well today little one, Two deaths are yours. Know that you Killed them. At first I thought you to be as weak as the rest of that measly village, but today you showed me that you are not weak you are stronger than all those in that town. You joined me in worship today, and did not shrink form it as others would, you stood strong. Even now you have spotted another battle. Khorne sent me to you, for you are warrior, like me."

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-13, 12:18 AM
I wanted to prove that I was strong, yes, but after seeing the carnage today I wish I had chosen another way. I'm not like you, I don't like killing. Did you see which way Muat went?

Sissyphus
2010-12-13, 12:30 AM
Muat hunts down Aamon and Char, staggering slightly from blood loss.

Mabuhay
2010-12-13, 12:34 AM
A rustling in the grass behind you two gives away Muat's approach. He seems very pale as he catches up to you.

greatest dude
2010-12-13, 12:44 AM
Aamon is shocked and confused. She must be wrong, she is a warrior like him, that is why Khorne sent her. "No! you are a warrior, you have proven that....it must be the bow.... the kill must be felt.... No stay with us. I will show you ways....ways to gain power. Power to rise above the others. all you need is... Then Aamon remembered his first kill. A rabbit, that was in a snare he set. You must start small. she started to big. But she killed so well.... Aamon stands there wondering how some one doesn't what to kill.

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-13, 12:54 AM
"Muat are you okay?"

Sissyphus
2010-12-13, 12:57 AM
"Not all those who fight fight to kill." Muat says, twirling the pair of manacles still dangling from his waist, "I knew a lot of draftee's who couldn't stand it way back when, that's when I first learned to kill the wounded--lost a good friend because of it." Muat lapses into silence remembering something long past.

(To Char)
"Yeah, just a little flesh wound, though I should avoid strenuous activity for awhile."

greatest dude
2010-12-13, 01:06 AM
KHORNE!!! Little one you must see the glory of Khorne! Khorne is the strongest, of the Chaos gods and he will show you the way. Then you won't fear death, death will fear you! Aamon states boldly. Yes! Aamon knows this to be it, She needs to know of khorne to know what it is like to kill truly, for a reason.

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-13, 01:13 AM
"I'm sorry, " Char says to Muat. She turns to address both of them "I may not like what I did today, but I still take responsibility for it. These goblins would have killed me like they killed the Duke's messenger, and like they've killed others. Without them, this area will be safer for travelers. But still, someone should feel sadness for their death, and that is what I will do tonight."

Sissyphus
2010-12-13, 01:15 AM
"That's all well and good, but we should return to town now that we have the ring unless you'd rather spend the night out here, besides the sooner we return the sooner we get paid and can dispose of that Rakshasa-damned ring.

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-13, 01:17 AM
"I don't think we should go back just yet. Something out there feels.. wrong."

Sissyphus
2010-12-13, 01:26 AM
"What variety of wrong? Like someone is watching us or like someone is casting magic on us?"

greatest dude
2010-12-13, 01:26 AM
I agree with the Guard, we should return i want my gloves, and if any thing attacks then an offering i shall get. But first We shouldn't leave behind the equipment, even useless goblin made weapons, are still worth the metals

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-13, 01:30 AM
"I guess its probably too dark to see anything right now, but can we come back to check it out later? I'm worried it might be something dangerous to Derail."

greatest dude
2010-12-13, 01:33 AM
"of course we are coming back we need to kill what you sensed in the north"

Sissyphus
2010-12-13, 01:38 AM
"I guess we could" Muat begins to walk back towards town, he stops at the goblin encampment and picks up all the goblins possessions, forms them into a bundle wrapped up with the chain mail shirt, then thrusts one of the javelins through it and begins pulling it along with him.

Mabuhay
2010-12-13, 01:40 AM
You start walking back, and attempt to hike through the night to return to Derail.

Unfortunately, Muat and Char, too exhausted from the night before, cannot stay up and keep walking- they have to sleep When you're about halfway there.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Sissyphus
2010-12-13, 01:51 AM
Muat wakes up before the other two do--rising very early, and wanders off to meditate for awhile. He then returns to camp about an hour later, shakes anyone who isn't yet awake awake, and suggests that they head to town, already walking in that direction.

greatest dude
2010-12-13, 01:55 AM
Aamon agrees with him and starts off

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-13, 01:55 AM
Char follows them both, happy to be getting back to town.

Mabuhay
2010-12-13, 01:56 AM
You three arrive in town with the sun up in the middle of the sky- It's about noon. The town has settled into it's usual sleepy pace, being a monday.

You are all very hungry, as you haven't eaten for about 24 hours.

greatest dude
2010-12-13, 02:00 AM
Aamon Heads to the Inn, were our reward and food sit waiting for us.

Sissyphus
2010-12-13, 02:08 AM
Muat swings by his home where he picks up a small amount of food and an old shirt which he turns into a bandage, he then returns to the inn. "I'm going to go meet with the Sergeant, can I take the goblin's hand?" he asks Aamon.

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-13, 02:12 AM
Char quickly heads home to tell her father that she's returned safely then heads to the inn to join Aamon and Muat, figuring she's earned a hot meal there too.

Mabuhay
2010-12-13, 02:18 AM
The three of you meet up outside of Grace's inn, and decide what to do.

greatest dude
2010-12-13, 09:20 AM
"No, need. i am going to the Sergent also." Aamon Heads within the Inn to meet the Sergent.

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-13, 03:56 PM
Char goes with them to the Sergent.

Sissyphus
2010-12-13, 10:22 PM
Muat follows Aamon and Char into the inn, again looking around to see if anyone is causing trouble,and to classify who's at it early--mainly out of force of habit--he has no real plan to return.

Mabuhay
2010-12-13, 10:40 PM
As the three of you walk in, Grace looks up.

Oh, hey boys! Traven and Khalor went out for a run. They should be back soon, so just have a seat.

As you sit down at a table, she says Can I fix you guys something to eat?

The inn has the same typical occupants as you would expect--A couple transients who were passing through town, a couple locals having a drink during their break, and the like. Nobody of note seems to be present.

greatest dude
2010-12-13, 10:45 PM
Aamon walks up to grace and says "Food and Ale" Aamonon sits down at the bar. the stool creaks audibly from his weight. He Begins picking blood flakes off his armour.

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-13, 11:46 PM
Char smiles at Grace. "Thanks, some stew would be great right now."

Mabuhay
2010-12-14, 12:04 AM
Coming right up.
She fetches two bowls of stew and some ale.

She turns to Muat.
You want any hon?

Sissyphus
2010-12-14, 12:45 AM
"No Thanks, I already ate."

Mabuhay
2010-12-14, 12:50 AM
Okay then. Suit yourself.

Grace heads back to the counter and starts wiping it down.

How was the mission? I take it you all did okay?

Sissyphus
2010-12-14, 12:52 AM
"Well enough, we found the ring certainly."

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-14, 12:53 AM
"And the goblins won't be ambushing any more travelers."

greatest dude
2010-12-14, 12:55 AM
"Blood was split and Khorne got his offering, that is all that matters." Aamon says as he begins removing the dried blood off his Battle axe now, the Flap of Goblin Skin swings as he removes the axe from it's back holster.

Mabuhay
2010-12-14, 12:57 AM
Can you not do that in here please?
Grace snaps at Aamon.
I have enough to clean without wiping blood off the floor. You can do that outside.

greatest dude
2010-12-14, 12:59 AM
Aamon Sits up and brings his Food and drink outside the inn

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-14, 01:03 AM
Char laughs quietly at Aamon after he leaves. She's starting to find him a bit comical but isn't quite brave enough to laugh within his hearing range.

Sissyphus
2010-12-14, 01:04 AM
"Aamon, I'd hate to get in a fight with you, but if you can't be civil in the inn I'm going to be forced to ask you to leave." Muat rises slowly, languorously, but not without a hint of threat.

--damn ninja edit ( I started the post before Jarret edited it)

After Aamon has left the inn, Muat settles back down into his seat to await Khalor's arrival.

Mabuhay
2010-12-14, 01:18 AM
That guy is a bit much, isn't he?

Sissyphus
2010-12-14, 01:20 AM
"In general yes, but if it comes down to a fight he's always a good option for killing things."

Mabuhay
2010-12-14, 01:24 AM
You'd tend to know a lot of those type, wouldn't you Muat?

As you all turn to the voice, Khalor has come in from some other entrance, with Traven at his side, as usual.

Have the ring? He asks, as he sits down in a chair.

I'll go grab the money.
Traven heads off to their room in the inn.

Sissyphus
2010-12-14, 01:25 AM
"The pasts the past, and it can stay that way, but as far as your ring is concerned our overdeveloped friend out there has it."

Mabuhay
2010-12-14, 01:34 AM
Khalor turns to Char.

Could you go fetch him, please?

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-14, 01:38 AM
Char goes out and tells Aamon that the Sergent is back.

greatest dude
2010-12-14, 01:44 AM
Aamon Follows char back in his soup and Ale empty, his axe half clean. He sharply puts the bowl on the counter then the mug next to it. "I have the ring" he holds up the hand "now where is our reward?"

Mabuhay
2010-12-14, 01:50 AM
Khalor raises his eyebrow.
I gave you a scroll to dispel curses. You thought you'd just give me a severed hand?

Sissyphus
2010-12-14, 01:54 AM
"Yo know how I feel about magic, it seemed like a better course. If you insist, I'll do it here and now however."

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-14, 01:54 AM
Char jumps in before Aamon can say anything else. "We can just use the scroll right now to get it off."

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-14, 02:08 AM
"However, I'm not trained to do that. Muat, Aamon, how about you?"

greatest dude
2010-12-14, 02:11 AM
No, the only strong magic is Khorne's Divine Might. All others are the powers of the weak

Sissyphus
2010-12-14, 02:17 AM
"I see my own ally in the battle advocates my assistance in this matter, as a favor to her I'll dispel the curse." Muat reaches into his pouch, producing the dispel curse scroll from it. He sits down at the table and intently studies the spell for about ten minutes, before a string of sonorous words which slip from memory like water from glass echo from his mouth, a thin white glow lights up around the scroll illuminating a shape like that of Pelor's torch before it flashes across the hand a ring like a sheet of fire. After he finishes, Muat grabs the hand and slides the ring from it carefully, before tossing it to Khalor. "There you go, there's your ring."

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-14, 02:20 AM
Char's eyes widen at the display "Woah that was incredible!"

Mabuhay
2010-12-14, 02:21 AM
Neat. You have my thanks, and that of the baron as well.

Also his gold. Traven puts down the sack of gold on the table before you.

By the way, the Baron has pulled some strings, and a train passing by is going to stop later today and take us back to Tergis. Care for a lift? I'm sure that money will be burning a hole in your pocket if you don't do something with it.

greatest dude
2010-12-14, 02:25 AM
"Do tanners up there ask questions? And what of the weaponry?" Aamon asks as he wonder were to go next.

Mabuhay
2010-12-14, 02:27 AM
I wouldn't know, sorry.

Sissyphus
2010-12-14, 02:28 AM
"The weaponry is ours I believe, and I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting itchy feet, so I'll probably ride the train into town when it comes. After all, sometimes you just want to see new places and faces."

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-14, 02:29 AM
Char looks at Khalor "So why was a cursed ring worth so much to you? All it seems to be good for is getting stuck to fingers."

Mabuhay
2010-12-14, 02:41 AM
That's about it, actually. The Baron has an odd sense of humor.

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-14, 02:44 AM
"Thats IT? You risked our lives for a joke ring?"

Mabuhay
2010-12-14, 02:46 AM
No. YOU risked your lives. And for 100 gold pieces, actually, not for a ring.

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-14, 02:51 AM
"That's exactly what I mean. You came into a small town offering a large amount of gold for a dangerous endeavor. You knew you were likely to get some greedy, gullible villagers to go after your goblins and get themselves killed. You were lucky there were some people here with actual combat experience. How many other villages have you been to before this one? How often do you pull stunts like this and wind up getting innocent people killed? Next time, go after the thing yourself." Char walks out of the inn without waiting for a reply.

Mabuhay
2010-12-14, 03:18 AM
Completely unphased, Khalor shakes his head softly.
More money for the two of you I guess, since she decided to walk off in a huff without her share of the prize.

Sissyphus
2010-12-14, 09:14 AM
"That I can deal with, I have no idea why she should care--after all we get paid just the same regardless." Muat collects the bag and begins dividing the coins in it into two stacks, one which he pushes towards Aamon.

greatest dude
2010-12-14, 09:22 AM
Aamon picks up his side and says to Muat "We should Sell the Goblin scraps, before we leave. when is the train coming?"

Mabuhay
2010-12-14, 09:45 AM
You have probably an hour or two. It's stopping specifically for us, so it's not exactly on a tight schedule.

(You'd have to sell those things in the big town.)

Sissyphus
2010-12-14, 11:36 PM
"We'll sell in the city I think, it'd make more money."
Muat more or less sits around until the train arrives.

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-14, 11:53 PM
Char goes to find Muat. "Do you still have the things we took from the goblins?"

greatest dude
2010-12-14, 11:54 PM
"Gold is Good, very well we will wait." Aamon goes out side to clean his weapon.

Sissyphus
2010-12-15, 12:00 AM
"Of course, it wouldn't do very me any good to lug it and lose it."

Mabuhay
2010-12-15, 12:02 AM
What do you mean you go and find Muat? They're both still in the inn that you stormed out of.

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-15, 12:05 AM
Well if he's in there I'll go in and find him.

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-15, 12:06 AM
"Do you think I could try on that chain shirt? I think it might fit me, and I hoped you might be able to part with it."

Sissyphus
2010-12-15, 12:12 AM
"Sure, that I can do."

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-15, 12:14 AM
Char tries on the chain shirt but it turns out to have belonged to a human and doesn't fit. She gives it back.

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-15, 12:16 AM
"Well thanks anyway." Char leaves the inn and finds Aamon outside. "Hey, didn't you say you wanted to go with me to look for something to kill?"

greatest dude
2010-12-15, 12:21 AM
Yes! Greatly! I wish to enter the Temple of Khorne again, and worship in the the way he wishes to be, worshiped! Aamon says with a grin on him face that speaks of Devilish Glee at the prospect of another kill. where to go?

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-15, 12:24 AM
"Well I can't promise there will be anything to kill, but I definitely noticed something weird where we were last night. Let's go ask if Muat wants to come."

Char goes into the inn to explain the situation to Muat. Aamon and I are going back to explore the area we were at. I still think there was something weird out there. Would you like to join us?

greatest dude
2010-12-15, 12:28 AM
Won't that travel, take a day? We have but Hours till the train? This skin can only stay untanned for so long, little one. And i want gloves Aamon say as he now relies the lack of a kill

Sissyphus
2010-12-15, 12:31 AM
"I could be persuaded, but honestly, the sergeant commissioned a special lightning train coming in perhaps two hours and since he offered us a ride, I'm inclined to take it--that train comes once a week on Sundays so except for this it'll be six day before the next one arrives--and we'll have to pay if we want to take that one, which is about the only way I'll find a market for the goblins equipment so..."

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-15, 12:33 AM
Char realizes her mistake in attempting to qualify her statement. "Well if it's so important we could go to the city first." Promising Aamon the chance to kill something probably wasn't such a good idea anyway. She also realizes that Muat has a good point, even if she doesn't want to ride with the Sergeant.

greatest dude
2010-12-15, 12:35 AM
Aamon waits way the rest of the time cleaning and sharping his equipment. The prospect of the Kill stirring his blood with no were to go, but on reading his things for the next opportunity, to worship Khorne

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-15, 12:39 AM
Char goes home one last time to tell her father that she is leaving again. Not sure where this adventure will take her or when she'll return, she says a more permanent goodbye this time, just in case. Then she returns to wait for the train.

Sissyphus
2010-12-15, 12:43 AM
Muat settles back to wait for the train once more.

Mabuhay
2010-12-15, 12:43 AM
Soon, the train arrives, and you all get on. ((The game will have to progress later, I'm kind of busy tonight.))

Mabuhay
2010-12-15, 07:12 PM
The train soon pulls out of Derail- In one hour you will reach Tergis.
Act freely.

greatest dude
2010-12-15, 07:31 PM
Aamon sleeps, to be ready to kill what comes next.

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-15, 10:01 PM
Char looks out the window, transfixed by things traveling much faster than she is used to.

Sissyphus
2010-12-15, 10:09 PM
Muat sits a fair ways away from Aamon and Char, and appears to meditating over something; occasionally he glances out the window lost in thought.

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-15, 10:14 PM
Char notices that Muat seems moodier than usual. She takes the seat next to him and asks "Is everything okay? You're thinking about something awfully hard."

Sissyphus
2010-12-15, 10:24 PM
"Yeah, everything is fine."

Mabuhay
2010-12-15, 10:26 PM
Khalor quietly walks up to Muat and interrupts, brusquely ignoring Char.

Muat, can I speak with you in private, please?

greatest dude
2010-12-15, 10:27 PM
Aamon has a Vision. It is of a Land ruled by him, he runs a feared army of Khornate knights, and A legion of northern Barbarians. He Commands Assassins trained in the finer powers of Khorne the Art of Murder. He crushes the weak and the powerful alike and dines on their souls like a god. From his Floating Fortress, Aamon smiles at his power, atop his Obsidian, and Brass throne, siting upon the skulls of those he slayed, being feed by the souls of his followers and those killed by them alike, the image of his patron deity. His Prowess in battle unmatched by mortals, slaying as is his calling, giving ever grater offerings to his dark god. For he is Aamon, Favored servant of Khorne!

Sissyphus
2010-12-15, 10:33 PM
"Of course my friend." Muat rises and follows Khalor to a more private section of the train.

Mabuhay
2010-12-15, 10:50 PM
Only for Muat:The brat was talking about going back for something weird with the goblins... What happened? Anything I should know about?

Sissyphus
2010-12-15, 11:06 PM
Dm only.
Nope, nothing that I noticed which would concern you.

Mabuhay
2010-12-15, 11:25 PM
Muat:
Alright then.

You all done on the train or no?

greatest dude
2010-12-15, 11:32 PM
yes, (Aamon wakes, with blood in his mouth. he had bit his tongue, in his dream. No! his Vision sent from Khorne, as to the height he could reach. Aamon Has a new purpose now, to be a god!

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-15, 11:34 PM
I am done.

Sissyphus
2010-12-15, 11:42 PM
I'm done (char limit)

Mabuhay
2010-12-16, 12:06 AM
The train pulls up in the station, and Khalor and Traven tell you all goodbye.

You're now on your own in the city.

You arrive in a busy part of the city- the train stop is right by the big traveler's hub, with the main gate to the outside, the markets, inns, and the like.

greatest dude
2010-12-16, 12:37 AM
Before Khaldor leaves, Aamon asks were the Tanner is

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-16, 12:37 AM
"So I know you guys had stuff to do. Do you want to meet up later?"

greatest dude
2010-12-16, 12:39 AM
yes, we meet back here at sunset

Mabuhay
2010-12-16, 12:45 AM
I dunno. I don't live here.

greatest dude
2010-12-16, 12:58 AM
Aamon goes to hunt down the Tannery, for his goblin skin is needing treatment

Sissyphus
2010-12-16, 01:15 AM
Muat wanders off in search of an inn and a library.

Mabuhay
2010-12-16, 01:18 AM
you both find them.

greatest dude
2010-12-16, 01:24 AM
Aamon walks up to the Tanner, and says "I need this tanned, do you do your own Leather work?" He holds up the "skin"

Mabuhay
2010-12-16, 01:32 AM
The man wrinkles his nose.
And what is this, exactly?

((By the way, this is a leatherwork shop, not tanner, specifically))

greatest dude
2010-12-16, 01:37 AM
"It is skin that need tanned, from a pig i killed, i would like a Keepsake, of the kill"
((by the way he is calling the goblin a pig. and thanks for telling me))

Mabuhay
2010-12-16, 01:40 AM
You want a keepsake... from a pig...

greatest dude
2010-12-16, 01:43 AM
yes! how much will it be?

Mabuhay
2010-12-16, 01:49 AM
The man shrugs, apparently not thinking it's his problem.

You'll have to talk to my tanner about that. He works elsewhere, so that the smell doesn't bother people. He should be coming in soon, if you'd like to wait.

You sit quietly and wait while the man picks up a book and start reading.
soon enough,
I here boss!
A goblin walks through the door.

greatest dude
2010-12-16, 01:54 AM
Little one, need this tanned and made into gloves. How much and how long

Mabuhay
2010-12-16, 02:01 AM
Lemme see!

The goblin snatches the skins from your hand.

Ooh..
He glares at you.
What this made of?

Sissyphus
2010-12-16, 02:03 AM
"Can I ask about your rates for a single room for one night?"

greatest dude
2010-12-16, 02:06 AM
"a pig, He attacked my friend so i killed him and his feral friends. I want a Keepsake, It was my First kill in months." Aamon says with a Grin on his face from, remembering the Death

Mabuhay
2010-12-16, 02:10 AM
The lady waiting by the counter looks up.
For you, I'll need 3 gold pieces. That'll get you a room for the night, plus dinner tonight and breakfast tomorrow.

greatest dude
2010-12-16, 02:21 AM
"was a pig, kinda looked like you. But you are more civilized than the pigs i killed. Aren't you. Are you going to attack me? just cause i killed pigs, and are having you make gloves for me, out of their skin?" Aamon begins leaning over the goblin, staring at him daring him to attack him. "So are you going to make me gloves? How long and how much?"
((if you believe I should take an intimidate test then here is the roll, if not then tell me and i'll remove this)) [roll0]

Mabuhay
2010-12-16, 07:01 PM
Okay okay.
The Goblin puts it in his bag.
Cost you five gold piece making it leather. Then you talk to this guy.

greatest dude
2010-12-16, 07:27 PM
Aamon throws the goblin 5 gold pieces, and asks "How long will it take?"

Sissyphus
2010-12-16, 08:43 PM
"I'll take the room then." Muat drops the coins on the counter, take whatever Identifying information is provided, and heads over to the library; once there I begin searching for information about Khorne.

Mabuhay
2010-12-16, 09:35 PM
You find out that he is the god of blood, warfare, and death(in the sense of killing).

His followers are usually evil people with no regard for laws, and they worship him through killing and stacking the skulls of their slain enemies.

He also frowns upon magic, though he seems to accept it in the form of enchanted weapons.

This is what is revealed to you by your cursory search through the records. Are you satisfied with what you have learned, or would you like to search further?

[roll0]

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-16, 10:00 PM
Char decides to walk around some of the shops looking for interesting things or interesting people.

Mabuhay
2010-12-16, 10:08 PM
Aamon: It take 2 weeks.

Char: You're going to have to be a lot more specific than that.

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-16, 10:11 PM
Char looks for an apothecaries shop.

greatest dude
2010-12-16, 10:31 PM
I leave to find a weapon shop

Mabuhay
2010-12-16, 11:07 PM
Char: A nice looking lady behind a counter is polishing some beakers.What can I do for ya?

Aamon: A huge man in a brown apron is hammering something on an anvil
(You are at the smithy)
What do you need?

greatest dude
2010-12-16, 11:12 PM
What weapons do you have? Crafter.

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-16, 11:16 PM
"Oh I just wanted to look around." I start looking for something mind-boggling and weird.

Mabuhay
2010-12-16, 11:27 PM
Char: You notice some plants leaves shimmering all different colors behind the counter. Other than that, there's nothing of interest.

Aamon: Whatever you want kid.

Sissyphus
2010-12-16, 11:40 PM
Muat leaves the inn and goes people watching--specifically, he makes a meandering path through the residential and commercial areas of the city until l he stumbles across a shop which appears to specialize in goods for smaller than average creatures. He then ducks inside. "Hello, Could you answer a quick question for me?" He asks the shop attendant.

greatest dude
2010-12-16, 11:45 PM
How much for the throwing axes Aamon ask pointin to the set of axes

Speed_of_Sound
2010-12-16, 11:51 PM
Char asks the shopkeeper "How much for a potion of cure light wounds?"

Mabuhay
2010-12-16, 11:53 PM
You enter a decently sized store, with a sign above the door showing a giant and a goblin.

Thinking inside, you think it looks promising, and so you head in, to find it seems to have gear for both the abnormally small through abnormally large.
(tiny, small, large.)

The shop attendant, upon hearing you, sets down some clothes she was folding.
Certainly.

Char: That'll run ya 50 gold.

Aamon: Those cost 8 gp each.

Sissyphus
2010-12-16, 11:56 PM
"Could you do with some used goods? Say, some used weapons and armor?"

Mabuhay
2010-12-16, 11:59 PM
Sometimes, yeah. I can't give you much for it though. May I see what you're offering, please?

Sissyphus
2010-12-17, 12:06 AM
Muat shows her the possessions which he'd gathered from the dead goblins, with the most conspicuous bits of blood removed.