PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a short dungeon/adventure

Darwin
2010-11-30, 02:59 AM
Due to a massive amount of homework and a future project for my current campaign I haven't had the time to put anything together for this week's session. Luckily the campaign I'm running is centered around exploring an entirely new continent, so I can basically just put anything in there so I'm looking for a short, 1-2 session long prewritten dungeon/adventure for a level 1 group I can easily use while I get the future project together. Can anyone recommend me any such thing? A short dungeon crawl would probaly be ideal, my players love dungeons.

EDIT: Woohoo! I'm a bugbear now :smallbiggrin:

Runestar
2010-11-30, 05:37 AM
I am not sure how long it plays, but there is a lv1 intro adventure by wotc meant to bring you to lv3. End boss is a wyrmling black dragon. Anyone recall the name of that module? :smallredface:

Wotc has some free 1-shots here.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/oa/20030530b&page=1

Darwin
2010-11-30, 05:54 AM
I am not sure how long it plays, but there is a lv1 intro adventure by wotc meant to bring you to lv3. End boss is a wyrmling black dragon. Anyone recall the name of that module? :smallredface:

Wotc has some free 1-shots here.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/oa/20030530b&page=1

Yeah, I ended up finding those myself. The Burning Plague is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for. Thank you none the less :smallbiggrin:

Scoot
2010-11-30, 06:06 AM
The Burning Plague is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for.

Pardon me chiming in, but,

I've put multiple groups through this dungeon, and nobody has yet to get through it alive. This dungeon is brutal. :smallamused:

So be careful. It's an amazing dungeon, but depending on how you DM it, it may be a little much for a lvl 1 party. Just my 2cp.

HunterOfJello
2010-11-30, 08:52 AM
I've had real fun session running level 1 parties through A Dark and Stormy Knight and the module in the back of the Eberron Campaign Setting.

If people in the party are new to d&d, then A Dark and Stormy Knight is a great starting point.

Darwin
2010-11-30, 10:50 AM
Pardon me chiming in, but,

I've put multiple groups through this dungeon, and nobody has yet to get through it alive. This dungeon is brutal. :smallamused:

So be careful. It's an amazing dungeon, but depending on how you DM it, it may be a little much for a lvl 1 party. Just my 2cp.

Thanks for the warning, but brutal is my game, and the players are well aware of it. I should probaly tone down the final encounter. A level 5 cleric with 2 contagion spells prepared seem like a liiiiiittle too much for a group of level 1. The rest looks good, if not a little difficult :smallbiggrin:

HenryHankovitch
2010-11-30, 12:09 PM
The One-page Dungeon Codex (http://critical-hits.com/2009/07/31/the-one-page-dungeon-codex-and-more/) is great. And free. The individual dungeons are all over the place in terms of quality or style; but there's like 80 of them, and they're free.

Scarey Nerd
2010-11-30, 12:11 PM
I just want to say that: "Burning Plague is amazing!!!"

It was my first D&D adventure ever, and it's still my favourite session to date :smallbiggrin:

I would also suggest Something's Cooking, as you go up against THE best monster in the game.

Darwin
2010-11-30, 12:32 PM
I just want to say that: "Burning Plague is amazing!!!"

It was my first D&D adventure ever, and it's still my favourite session to date :smallbiggrin:

I would also suggest Something's Cooking, as you go up against THE best monster in the game.

I ran Something's Cooking as my session as a DM quite a few years back, and it was amazingly fun :smallbiggrin: It does make it hard to maintain suspension of disbelief though.